OMWH Listening Party!

ldyjocelyn

And I don't think it's "well, now" I still think it's "well, well" -- with the second "well" as more of a soft growl. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I'll let this one finish out....and then we'll go on to the next song...

"you block my view" was obviously written to the clack gatherers.

:cryingwlaughter:

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

I sorta take the "last of a dying breed' to be like "they broke the mold when they made you, sweetheart"...like holyshit, you're lethal...

THANK YOU!

Now I have a hook to hang that line on!!!

Wow! That works in the context of the song really well. Thanks!

I love these lyrics - "I don't the answers to the questions I didn't ask" - heeee, that cracks me up.

works for me too...I kinda thought that was what it was..

This song is just gorgeous, the melody, the piano, the strings. It's like something out of a old movie, very Sinatra. I'm usually a lyrics person, but I could care less whether I can relate to this or not, it's just so gorgeous.

4 something about us

Love the gentle way it starts . . .

I see a classic movie everytime I hear this one.

“Reminisce of moments like this”

Couple walking through a “memory book” of their life together - from courting/wedding pictures to vacations together to children coming and on to the older couple walking on the beach together, hair gray, bodies older, but the love still in their eyes.

You can see it as a couple falling in love - but I see it more as lasting love that people see in a couple who have lived and loved together for years.

But see - that’s that personal interpretation that Clay wanted each listener to find, right?

The music, the strings, then piano, guitar - classic sound from a former time. Lovely.

This song is just gorgeous, the melody, the piano, the strings. It's like something out of a old movie, very Sinatra. I'm usually a lyrics person, but I could care less whether I can relate to this or not, it's just so gorgeous.

Did we switch songs????

GAH.

That is all.

Something About us...

this used to be in my least fave list...cos it was just too romantic for me...but darn it it just grew on me too.

I actually love the verses more than the chorus...love the isntrumentations and the melody was not too predictable...

the chorus...the melody was too predictable for me and I just found the lyrics a bit corny...with the romeo and juliet...

but...with the beautiful verses and the way he sings it...it is now in my like very very mush category...

I think when I heard the snippets SAU was my favorite. It slipped to 2 but I still think it is incredibly gorgeous, incredibly sung...

" A fool can see"

Listen to the gorgeousness of the word "fool" and again "see"

This post brought to you by the word "gorgeous" and its various forms

Something About Us

My favorite from the start - although a few are competing with it.

LOVE the smokey, jazzy sexiness to it. Reminds me a little of how he did ICMYLM.

His voice is so sublime on this song. It just sort of wraps you in its arms and caresses you gently.

This one is simply timeless to me. I think I may play it for my 87 year old Mom on Sunday when I visit her....I think it could bring back some memories for her.

I still envision him singing this in some smoky bar. Very atmospheric, IMO.

*hands out martinis*

Man, this is just pretty. Seriously old school and just sweet.

Scarlett says it's almost enough to make her shut up about Ashes!

I don't think that's true, though.

The lyrics to this one currently are killing me for another reason . . .

My son is 33 - He and his 6 year bride are having a rough patch.

I think of them during two of my favorites.

It sounds odd to put them together, but I think they both apply to their situation even though they seem to be polar opposites.

"Something About Us" . . . because their friends say, "If anyone can make it, DS and DIL can."

And

"Sacrificial Love" . . . because I feel his hurt right now in his trying to figure out how to make her happy.

classic tale of two

Again, I love the way he softens on two.

This song is more my style- so seductive and jazzy and old-fashioned. I visualize a couple dressed up- for New Year's Eve perhaps- but dancing all alone together in a high-rise apartment with a glorious view...... SIGH! There's just something about HIM!