#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

l just watched Benihana again - I'm addicted. Love the way he says "hibachi!"

Great pictures.......(lips!)

I love watching him EAT! Have we ever really seen him eat before? Maybe once with Kelly when they were on tour. Something about pulled pork and peanut butter?? Not at the same time!!

CG, the reason you did not see any nasty (and they are there still!) "reviews" is because unless you resort them, the reviews are sorted by if they are helpful and a lot of us have been there marking the nasty ones unhelpful and the real reviews helpful. I really don't care if someone liked or didn't like it, Heck, I reported on review that was 5 stars because the person just wrote Clay Aiken over 50 times. This is not a review people, this is spam. I could see where something like that would turn people off, fast.

I have to check amazon, but I left some negative reviews because it just seemed like the person had issues with themselves and it will be obvious to anyone who reads it, but I did report the one star one because it was not a review of the album, but a review of the web site for goodness sakes. One person liked everything Clay ever did, except this one album, so what can I say, they also reviewed over 100 products over 3 years with mixed opinions, had to let that one stay, just not marked as helpful.

Still can't get that darn QVC thing to play on anything. Last place is my car. Wish me luck, I am going to turn on my engine for a stupid reason. I have to get flowers for the grave site anyway.

I just checked my local AC station today and they have now added Clay's CD to their "On Demand." You can listen to the entire CD. I let out an Eeeeeeeeeee you could hear out on the patio. :cryingwlaughter: I am listening to the entire CD right now. I plan to at least once a day, so as not to be obvious I'm a fan..............Oh, and I just found out that you can now stream my station.

I checked All Access. Clay has added another station and is now at the 42nd spot on the chart. Gained 4 spins since yesterday. :clap:

I have Ashes stuck in my head. Ever since I first head it. Funny too, because Falling is my favorite song on the CD followed by Ashes. However the ear worm that constantly stays with me is this part ashes:

Turn around and see what loves done to me

You would not believe the way I used to be

So cold

Maybe love requires

Walking through the fire

To set me free

So I could rise up from the ashes...................

:Thud:

Play, I got my QVC CD today. The video plays in my laptop. The other songs play in my car, I haven't tried any other players, I have one of those type bonuses of Five For Fighting and I think it works the same way. I too, hope someone figures out how to get WINY in some kind of file that can be downloaded for iPod or to burn onto cds.

What a long day! Hubby and I got up early this morning to particpate in our local Race for the Cure (for breast cancer). Our area's is one of the largest in the nation, because Susan G. Komen's sister, Nancy Brinker (one of Time's most influential people in the world for 2008) is from the area. It's a great cause, and it's an amazing sight, walking with almost 15,000 people (at least).

Then, my husband decided that we need a new mattress, so today was shopping for that. It's hard! But we found something, and will have it delivered in the next few days. YAY!

And so now, hubby is taking a nap next to me, and I'm on the laptop. I sincerely hope I don't fall asleep tonight during the listening party! I'm so glad everyone enjoyed last night, and I look forward to tonight as well with as many as possible!

CG, thanks for bringing over those pictures. I saw them this morning, but didn't have time to bring them over. He looks so happy, doesn't he? I love that man's smile.

I think it's time for a snooze.

ldyj, I think it's really cool that you participated in the Race for the Cure! It's a great cause.

I'm going to drive to Ft. Collins tomorrow to take my Mom out for Mother's Day, so my DH decided that he needed to take me out today for an early Mother's Day celebration of our own. We were looking through a list of local restaurants, and lo and behold, there's a new Benihana's in our area! We just got back from having a fun meal there. Heeeee, the chef did a lot of the same things as the chef did in the video with Clay, with the egg, the knives, the steaming onion volcano, etc. And the food was delicious! I had calamari. The wonderful ginger crush sake probably helped the food taste better, too!

:cryingwlaughter:

What a long day! Hubby and I got up early this morning to particpate in our local Race for the Cure (for breast cancer). Our area's is one of the largest in the nation, because Susan G. Komen's sister, Nancy Brinker (one of Time's most influential people in the world for 2008) is from the area. It's a great cause, and it's an amazing sight, walking with almost 15,000 people (at least).

Then, my husband decided that we need a new mattress, so today was shopping for that. It's hard! But we found something, and will have it delivered in the next few days. YAY!

And so now, hubby is taking a nap next to me, and I'm on the laptop. I sincerely hope I don't fall asleep tonight during the listening party! I'm so glad everyone enjoyed last night, and I look forward to tonight as well with as many as possible!

Nice to hear about your support for Race for the Cure!

(would like to plug my local events too...)

Thanks for putting up with us whiny folks on chat last night. (ok maybe it was just me) Unfortunately I'll probably get to KAndre's even later for today's chat since I got talked into helping represent United Way Young Leaders at SEARCH's 11th Annual "Celebrate the Children" Gala tonight, now that KAndre has explained what biker chick attire means. Wouldn't it have been fun if some of the TBAF Galas had had a theme like this (eg. "Bikers and Babes") instead of Black Tie? He could have recycled the JBT jacket.

Have fun tonight !!!

Gibby, yay for your Mother's Day Celebration!

Every spring I remind myself that when the start of biking season starts it is going to hurt. Today we went out and actually did 35 miles.It was very chilly this am and I had to wear my lycra leg warmers(that is not a pretty site)and a thermal bike shirt. I am looking for some warm weather to start. My legs feel great but overall I am tired. It did not help that for three hours this afternoon I helped set up for our library book sale and hauled books,many heavy boxes, from the back room to another room and we did not even make a dent. Came home took some motrin and then took a nap.

I enjoyed your listening party last night and will be here to view tonight. I really love your comments. I always feel I am not very articulate so I will not offer my comments but will say I am in love with this CD and have many favorites.

Back from grocery shopping (I hatess grocery shopping!!) and of course I was listening to OMWH as I was driving. But when I pulled into the parking lot and turned it off the radio came on. The station was either an AC or a Hot AC station (hey Twin - remember you said you would explain the difference to me one day??). I listened for awhile and came to 2 conclusions. Most of what they played was AT LEAST a year old and the song OMWH - as well as any other song almost from the CD - would fit in quite nicely.

I also came to the conclusion that no matter which song was used for the first single he would have a very difficult time getting radio play. For whatever reason Clay Aiken is not on radio's A-list. In fact, I think there are more than a few stations that will not play him NO MATTER WHAT and simply because he's Clay Aiken.

Maybe it goes back to how some of the more OTT fans acted early on. Or maybe its because they don't see Clay as current or cool and they want their station to be seen as current and cool. Maybe its because they have the idea that Clay's fans do not fit the demographic their advertisers want to reach. Maybe its a combination of all of the above. I don't know. But I do think it will take him getting some respect by someone in the music industry that radio cares about before he has any chance. Or an album that sells like crazy.

And Clay was right. He would NEVER get played on Top 40 (and I still don't get why that is the be all to end all). So AC or Hot AC is his only hope at radio play.

And short of a miracle - or program directors getting their heads out of their rear ends -IMO there isn't much hope - and it wouldn't matter which song was chosen as the first single.

I'm afraid for this CD to have any legs and not fade into oblivion (which would be a tragedy) someone will have to come up with some creative way of getting people to know about it and hear it.

Not sure what that is. All I know is its too good to disappear.

Now I better go get some dinner before part 2 of the listening party!

Well, the album played in my car. So, then I bring it to my house and put it in the CD player again and it bounced open saying not a CD. At that point, I realized it was saying 4 something on the view screen, so I put it in and pushed the button to get it to the first song first and it is playing there fine. Wheee - this means I can copy it to tape to make something that will play in my trailer, which has incredible built in speakers in the ceiling, but only a built in tape player. I have high quality metal tape, so I may be out of date in technology, but I can get it all played on one medium. Unfortunately, I can't take the tape and put it back on a CD, I don't know how to do that.

For your amusement and our editing discussion from another day, I had a post copied by someone to another board... and it was edited for tone on the second, but discussed on the first. I am cursed there, I tell you. Go figure - every board has it's own culture which is why I don't usually copy opinion posts without permission of poster.

Oops - not so playing any more in CD player, stuck on one word - oh so much worse taht a skipping record - EEEEp must stop now!

For your amusement and our editing discussion from another day, I had a post copied by someone to another board... and it was edited for tone on the second, but discussed on the first. I am cursed there, I tell you. Go figure - every board has it's own culture which is why I don't usually copy opinion posts without permission of poster.

Yeah. Saw it pre-edit, though it was good.

Too bad things that bother us about OFC can't be discussed openly.

Can't discuss AT OFC.

Where then?

pffft!

Oh yeah.

Here!

:cryingwlaughter:

playbiller sorry to hear about your problems with the CD/DVD. It makes me a little worried for mine...when it freakin' comes!

Scarlett, that sounds like a pretty cool night. Wish you could be with us though. Don't you have a Blackberry and and iPod though?

CG, I mostly agree with your assessment, although I'm keeping hope for this album -- that it will find a radio station or two or 10 or 100 that will give it a try for whatever reason. I've got to keep a glimmer of hope there, and I think it will find an audience in time.

Anyway....listening party in a half hour or so. Start with Gibby's post here for the beginning of tonight's party!!!!!

I enjoyed your listening party last night and will be here to view tonight. I really love your comments. I always feel I am not very articulate so I will not offer my comments but will say I am in love with this CD and have many favorites.

well you have to be more articulate than me. He sounds wonderful. Oh what range! Low notes....oh what he does to me.

I'm sure you can do that heee.

OK so don't want to offend anyone but here's how a convo went with my sister...I left the mother's day planning to her this year. So she called to tell me we had a dinner reservation and we're going to Speisekammer. I go..huh? What kind of food is that I ask? German, she informs me.

me: German? What happened to Japanese?

her: Oh it will be fun!

me: But what is it. Can ma eat it? (she has many restrictions to her diet)

her: are you near your computer?

me: D101

her: what?

me: never mind, yeah, let me look it up, it is indeed german

her: maybe it's Russian

me: We're eating Russian food for the first time at a restaurant we've never been to on Mother's Day?

her: the teacher's went there 3 years ago

me: but did they like it?

her: I don't know

by this time I had looked up the menu, cuz really all I know is sausages and sauerkraut

me: Ok they have chicken and steak and pork chops heee

her again: it will be fun!

me: D101

her: why do you keep saying that

So we're taking our country raised mama to eat German food tomorrow for mother's day. I'm sure it's good but it was so out of left field. I mean really, I've never had it before other than a few random things that are probably americanized and isn't the same anyway.

Muski, have you been there?

couchie, this German girl says "get the schnitzel." As the old commercial says, "try it, you'll like it." *g*

From the CH:

Easter Bonnet Competition 2008 DVD

Order Form

From clayshable at CV. It looks like the Easter Bonnet DVD can be ordered now...

I found this site on Broadwaybeat. Is this the video that we want to order of Clay and Hannah from the Broadway Cares?

http://www.broadwaybeat.com/

on the link below the picture, it puts up an order form.

Yikes, couchie!

German is usually heavy, meaty and saucy - like creamy gravies, etc.

Will Ma be able to tolerate that?

DH loves German, but it's definitely not within our diet regimen these days! Not good for high cholesterol and borderline diabetes that we're dealing with.

Yummy, though!

sauerkraut is high in salt where red cabbage is usually not, but could be high in sugar.

Can you call the restaurant to get an idea of what they serve that your mother can eat. I am sure that people do that for Clay.

I don't know- I just don't believe that Clay/Team Clay/RCA released a CD with no plans to support it. He's got a round of publicity still to go over the next couple weeks. They have the Music Pass thing next month. And he said all along they weren't creating a CD with radio in mind - really had no expectations of getting on the radio. And yet they still let him make it. So yeah, I want this music to be heard - it deserves to be heard. But whatever happens sales-wise, I don't think it's going to be as dire as all that. Maybe I'm being too suzy-sunshine, but I just believe that there's a plan for him - and this amazing collection of music is part of it.

Yikes, couchie!

German is usually heavy, meaty and saucy - like creamy gravies, etc.

Will Ma be able to tolerate that?

so ya think this might not work for not only a diabetic but someone who is supposed to be on a BLAND diet and really with her digestive issues she's not supposed to eat anything that takes a long time to digest. I love my sister. D101.