#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

Cotton...is Clay

Why, YES!

He IS! :hubbahubba:

And thanks so much for that! That was GOOD for me! :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA:

I hope noone interpreted my Russian download site post as doom and gloom!

I just found it curious. And looked up the legal question on the site.

I hope people HEAR IT! I want people to HEAR OMWH!

It's too good to miss and I want to go see him in concert!

Although, I bet he's worried about the damned GAS prices!!!

I don't worry about Clay Aiken!

I think he can take care of himself just fine!

And look FI-I-I-I-INE doin' it! :)

Dang I was lurking and didn't even know it. I saw the above link and when I went there I thought hmm this sounds familiar. I think the above was only audio (or I didn't get the right link) BUT Telephone Man this was done some time ago. The link above was only the second time I had ever heard of that song.

OMG! LOL I thought I had seen most all the montages...but I missed that one!

My link was just audio....and I only remember the song because it was being played (very briefly) on a local radio station the year my hubby was in Turkey with the Air Force, '77-'78. I couldn't wait for him to come home on leave and hear it.......... :whistling-1:

Thanks for the video link.

Cotton...is Clay

Why, YES!

He IS! :hubbahubba:

And thanks so much for that! That was GOOD for me! :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA:

I hope noone interpreted my Russian download site post as doom and gloom!

I just found it curious. And looked up the legal question on the site.

I hope people HEAR IT! I want people to HEAR OMWH!

It's too good to miss and I want to go see him in concert!

Although, I bet he's worried about the damned GAS prices!!!

I don't worry about Clay Aiken!

I think he can take care of himself just fine!

And look FI-I-I-I-INE doin' it! :)

Dang I was lurking and didn't even know it. I saw the above link and when I went there I thought hmm this sounds familiar. I think the above was only audio (or I didn't get the right link) BUT Telephone Man this was done some time ago. The link above was only the second time I had ever heard of that song.

OMG! LOL I thought I had seen most all the montages...but I missed that one!

My link was just audio....and I only remember the song because it was being played (very briefly) on a local radio station the year my hubby was in Turkey with the Air Force, '77-'78. I couldn't wait for him to come home on leave and hear it.......... :whistling-1:

Thanks for the video link.

Not a problem. I had never heard of this before my friend made this montage. It is the only one she has ever made and I thought it was really cute. I couldn't believe that someone after all this time was posting the same song. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Yes indeed, some wonderful posts here today. Blaming RCA/Clive everytime things don't go the way some fans think they should, is just lazy thinking in my opinion. It's an emotional response and while lashing out at them may feel good at the moment; it doesn't accomplish anything in the long run. Just fuels more angst; especially for those who are worriers and prone to angst anyway.

What I am seeing around the boards today is so much focus on Clay's numbers; but I think there is a big difference between how many physical CD's Clay sells and how many people are actually hearing his music. It is a fact that there are many ways to get music besides physical sales of the CD...illegal downloads, burning of CD's, etc. so I really don't think you can use the numbers as a barometer of how many fans Clay has or who is listening to it.

I think there are too many fans that are still reliving the glory days of 2003/2004 and can't seem to grasp how much has changed and is changing and that CD sales will never be what they were. I think the disappointment some in the fandom feel is of their own making. Too high expectations and a lot of "its all about me and may wants and desires and the heck with what Clay wants". I would bet that what Clay wants from his career is miles away from what some of his fans want.

The only thing I want for Clay is for him to be happy in whatever direction he takes his career and I am looking forward to traveling that road with him.

Kim

Hee, no prayers needed, I made it just fine! I know how to use back roads.......so much less stressful than sitting in stop and go traffic. Speaking of which, crimsonice could use some prayers just now........she is attempting to cross back into Canada via the Port Huron border, and it is backed up for hours. She's been sitting with the engine off to conserve gas, which she forgot to get before she got in line. Eeeep!

Eeeeep indeed!! What a way to end her trip! only not....sure hope they decide to "put em through"!

I'm sitting here listening/watching to my neighbours' fireworks go off; I should possibly be praying for my roof!! Eeeek!

My deepest gratitude to all of the lovely posters here who braved the craziness outside the confines of this board, and warned the rest of us that it was not safe to go outside! I took your advice, and probably saved myself from an evening of annoyance and aggravation. I did laundry, I made some zucchini bread, I actually watched some tv, and I had a nice, relaxing, stress-free evening. :F_05BL17blowkiss: to all for sharing your thoughts! And THIS cannot be said enough- every word of it! :clap: .........................

You know, what was it that Gladys Knight said? Something like she didn't know where in the contemporary world of music Clay would fit in but something great would happen to him?? I think she was very prophetic. Clay does not fit into the contemporary music world today. All you have to do is do Promosquad for awhile to know that. But he is too good, too magical to not find a place. Perhaps he will be the impetus for popular music to shift back to the time when good voices and good melodies mattered. Maybe not. Maybe Clay will create his own niche and others will seek to follow him.

Either way, when you don't fit into a mold, when you dare to be different, when you seek to blaze new trails, you will hit some rough patches and often it will seem like you're alone and lost and out of touch. But then you break through and find your grail - your place in the world. I have every faith that eventually Clay will find his. I just think that we as a fandom have got to start being realistic about Clay's place in contemporary music. He is not going to receive "superstar" promotion because in today music world he is not a superstar. He will struggle for radio play, because he doesn't fit neatly into any box. He may not sell platinum, or even gold for awhile for the same reasons. He may be down, but he sure as hell isn't out!

All we need is time and patience and faith in Clay and all around him. There is a line from that wonderful poem "Desiderata" that says "And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should". Somehow I think that line can apply to Clay's career. If we as his fans just had faith in that - as frustrating as it may be at times - maybe we could all enjoy more and angst less.

Yes, this is coming from last week's Negative Nellie! But I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!

AMEN! I believe!

I think there are too many fans that are still reliving the glory days of 2003/2004 and can't seem to grasp how much has changed and is changing and that CD sales will never be what they were. I think the disappointment some in the fandom feel is of their own making. Too high expectations and a lot of "its all about me and may wants and desires and the heck with what Clay wants". I would bet that what Clay wants from his career is miles away from what some of his fans want.

Gee, maybe I should finish writing my rant for the OFC - the Clorilla is dead, long live Clay nation. about how Clay fans took credit for a lot of Clay's success without havingto do anything and now they blame people for taking that away from them. But I am still doing stuff aournd the house and just bopping in and out. It is far from dead because it is rather blunt for me, so imagine how bad that is!!

Hee, no prayers needed, I made it just fine! I know how to use back roads.......so much less stressful than sitting in stop and go traffic. Speaking of which, crimsonice could use some prayers just now........she is attempting to cross back into Canada via the Port Huron border, and it is backed up for hours. She's been sitting with the engine off to conserve gas, which she forgot to get before she got in line. Eeeep!

Eeeeep indeed!! What a way to end her trip! only not....sure hope they decide to "put em through"!

I'm sitting here listening/watching to my neighbours' fireworks go off; I should possibly be praying for my roof!! Eeeek!

Just got a call, and she made it across, finally. She landed at 6:30 so that was quite the back up!

Lots of fireworks going off here, too. Scaring the crap out of the dog! FYI, it's our long weekend here, commonly known as the May 2-4 weekend. Victoria Day on the calendar. Back to work tomorrow, oh joy oh bliss. :P

Had a great weekend up north, and lots of fun visiting with FromClaygary today. There's not much better than sitting in a car, eating ice cream, and listening to Clay's new album with a friend, is there? Reading all what's going on out there in the Claynation today, sounds like more people should try it. :cryingwlaughter:

Interesting that a compilation of Sinatra tunes debuted (so far) this week at #2...behind Death Cab for Cutie.

BWAH! :cryingwlaughter:

:cryingwlaughter:

I am a Death Cab for Cutie fan. I've been following them for over 5 years - talk about a slow build! Yep, I pre-ordered Narrow Stairs, downloaded it last week, and have my concert tickets for June 12 at the Mann Music Center where Clay performed last summer. The only thing is..... I haven't listened to the CD yet. I'm in Clay mode, and when I get in that zone, I just can't listen to anyone else. I try, but it's useless. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll find room in my brain for Death Cab for Cutie. I'm looking forward to that. They're a good band - not to everyone's taste, for sure, but not at all what their name would suggest.

Sinatra....not so much. I mean, I can admire the guy's talent, but I don't enjoy listening to more than a song of his here and there.

You know, what was it that Gladys Knight said? Something like she didn't know where in the contemporary world of music Clay would fit in but something great would happen to him?? I think she was very prophetic. Clay does not fit into the contemporary music world today. All you have to do is do Promosquad for awhile to know that. But he is too good, too magical to not find a place. Perhaps he will be the impetus for popular music to shift back to the time when good voices and good melodies mattered. Maybe not. Maybe Clay will create his own niche and others will seek to follow him.

Either way, when you don't fit into a mold, when you dare to be different, when you seek to blaze new trails, you will hit some rough patches and often it will seem like you're alone and lost and out of touch. But then you break through and find your grail - your place in the world. I have every faith that eventually Clay will find his. I just think that we as a fandom have got to start being realistic about Clay's place in contemporary music. He is not going to receive "superstar" promotion because in today music world he is not a superstar. He will struggle for radio play, because he doesn't fit neatly into any box. He may not sell platinum, or even gold for awhile for the same reasons. He may be down, but he sure as hell isn't out!

All we need is time and patience and faith in Clay and all around him. There is a line from that wonderful poem "Desiderata" that says "And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should". Somehow I think that line can apply to Clay's career. If we as his fans just had faith in that - as frustrating as it may be at times - maybe we could all enjoy more and angst less.

Yes, this is coming from last week's Negative Nellie! But I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!

CG... I LOVE this post! Wonderful! :clap::clap:

CG said:

If we as his fans just had faith in that - as frustrating as it may be at times - maybe we could all enjoy more and angst less.

Sometimes I think it has less to do with Clay than it does with a person's need to express themself and be heard. I've met a couple of these people in real life and they wouldn't say "boo" with a ghost costume on. But both of them are totally hell on wheels when it comes to posting their thoughts on the internet. With one lady in particular, I had a hard time resolving her real life personality with her internet ranting!!! You'd think some of these people had senior executive positions with a major record label and were responsible for the successful careers of many popstars the way some of them go on and on and on.

I don't know how message boards are for other entertainers - never been to one. I don't know if Clay has the corner on the market for negative and critical fans. But I just wish people wouldn't be so quick to judge him. I personally want to enjoy more and angst less. As a result I think I'm having more fun with being a Clay fan......and I think most on this board are as well.

Iseeme... Bolding above mine... I think you are sooooo right on with this statement. Very insightful!

Yes indeed, some wonderful posts here today. Blaming RCA/Clive everytime things don't go the way some fans think they should, is just lazy thinking in my opinion. It's an emotional response and while lashing out at them may feel good at the moment; it doesn't accomplish anything in the long run. Just fuels more angst; especially for those who are worriers and prone to angst anyway.

What I am seeing around the boards today is so much focus on Clay's numbers; but I think there is a big difference between how many physical CD's Clay sells and how many people are actually hearing his music. It is a fact that there are many ways to get music besides physical sales of the CD...illegal downloads, burning of CD's, etc. so I really don't think you can use the numbers as a barometer of how many fans Clay has or who is listening to it.

The only thing I want for Clay is for him to be happy in whatever direction he takes his career and I am looking forward to traveling that road with him.

Kim

aikim... bolding above is mine... AMEN, sisteh!!!

I am soooo proud of this board and the fantastic people on it. Ya'll done good today. The posts have been well written and commonsensical to the ult! And, we've got some fantastic thread titles out of it, too... :cryingwlaughter:

Someone somewhere said that they saw Clay being successful in big and small screen first before the music industry claims him as one of their own. They may be right. Agreeing with aikim, I just know I'm happy if he's happy and I defy anyone to say he's unhappy right now. He knows something we don't... betcha!

Kim... can you add the June 24 Music Pass thingy to your countdown? Or, is that too far out?

<snip>

I didn't get too much crap from anyone, a little from my son, and that's about it. I think as time went on me, and my little obsession, became old news and just a part of who I was......that was the end of that. A few times, while I was in New York, I pulled a St. Peter and denied my association with "those Clay fans." The last time was when I was taking my seat at Gypsy and it so happened that the man and the woman next to me had been seated right behind me at Spamalot the previous night. We recognized each other and spoke. She asked me how I enjoyed Spamalot. I told I thought it was very funny, she said they thought it was "way out there" and did I know that Clay Aiken from American Idol was in it. I told her I did and she proceeded to tell me that the two women sitting on her right were big Clay fans......and "you won't believe this.....BUT....they had pictures of him stuffed in their bras! AND.....they drove all the way from Boston to see him 4 times!" I'm not sure if I said "WOW" or "GOSH!" But my jaw dropping deadpan face worked well for me that night and I gave no twitches of recognizing myself or anyone else in my response. Only 4 times from Boston, eh? :whistling-1:

KarenEh I loved your post this morning. One of these days I'll get to say more than hi to you in passing.

I had to laugh at this. Yep I'm good at seeing the crazy..(although... PICTURES STUFF IN THE BRA? LOL) but I know some of the things I've done would be considering batshit crazy. Yet I'm content LOL.

Claygasm - loved your post. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Off to bed but am glad that this place is the voice of reason. No matter what happens with the numbers I will just remember that Clay has appeared very happy lately. Just have a feeling he has something going on but is not ready to reveal, and if he doesn't then I hope he gets the rest he deserves. I know that I would of been exhausted after his schedule the last five or more months. Have to go to class tomorrow and with a 50 minute ride will be enjoying his CD. My new car stereo is fantastic.

Did anyone see my Kyrie question??

Is there a full video of Kimmel Kyrie floating around anywhere??? PLEASE???????

I went to my local AC radio station web site (WASH FM), and clicked Clay's name on the On Demand link. A page popped up that said........

washfm.jpg

So I thought "this is cool..."

But when I clicked the On Demand link it said "This Music on Demand presentation has expired. Please browse thru our other on Demand features below. "

To which I said POOP!

So I looked around for a bit and found a list where you're supposed to be able to play songs. They had 9 selections for Clay - 5 songs (including OMWH) and 4 webisodes, all with play buttons, and NONE OF THEM WORK!!!

To which I say DOUBLE POOP!

That's it. I had to rant. But do they seriously wnat me to listen to their radio station?? The audio interview button works and there is a gallery of 18 pictures. Lots of old ones and 3-4 new ones. Including the white tie and tails Sir Robin pic

...and the Laura Bush photo............

TRIPLE POOP!

eta: No Clay vids on Kimmel Pontiac Garage page either..........

eata: The "Win Clay's New CD Contest" is over too.

Oh Goodness, I am laughing so hard, I can hardly type,. Oh for Clay to be on Kimmel tonight, IsabellaRosellini has made a movie called Green Porno about the sex life on insects and the scenes are all people dressed in insect costumes and recreating the sex life of insects. i love Isobella as a be having sex with a female be in flight, enjoying it and them pulling out and realizing she left his (her) penis in the femal and she goes on that though she is dying,m her babies will live by the hundreds while she lies dead ....without a penis.

Oh what I would have given for Clay to have appeared after that!!!

If Kimmel is to come on, you have to watch that, it is hysterical.

I'm staying here at FCA this week, and maybe next week, too. I just don't have the desire or the need to surf elsewhere and read the angst. This a a hobby; something I do for fun. And angst isn't fun! So I'm staying here with all of you intelligent, reasonable people.

I rewatched the Kimmel and Leno interviews tonight. We have a very funny boyfriend! And he seems so happy in both interviews. As long as he looks happy, I might as well be happy, too! Interviews like that put a silly smile on my face.

All of those butt pics are cute, Iseeme, but I like the middle one the most The jeans are more fitted, and I think that Clay was more fit, too, after being in Spamalot!

The butt look verra verra nice here, too:

Grandrapids8423-1-1.jpg

Great post, CG! :F_05BL17blowkiss: and clayzedover, glad Clay's sooper seekrit video message helped you with your day!

Iseeme---those Clay butt shots do nothing for me. I've never thought he had much of a butt, though. I do, however, seem to recall seeing more definition in some of the stage door butt views, due no doubt to the extra work he did on the ole' gluteus maximus... :hubbahubba:

CluskiSex....has a certain

como se dice?

a certain....

Oh, yessss! :yess:

Qucik notice, If you contacted me before about a poster and I didn't have any left - let me know. I have deleted all the sent and received info, but still have the requests.

Can you believe some people never respond to PMs after pleading on the board, I have 1 left from someone on another board. I know who requested one and I have a list of people who got them, but I am nto sure if someone requested but I am missing someone.

OK, I don't generally like skits, but this one was too funny (with the current angst) not to bring over. From CH:

So anyway...

On a lighter note - and back to the Must. Have. Prime. Time. TV!!! thing.... when there really is not a lot of prime time to be had for any kind of CD promotion/appearances. Beyond a piece on 20/20 or something similar - where all the "wrong" questions would have been asked and Clay would have only said something that POed some fans... while others laughed it off.

Maybe he should have done this:

Jeff: .... and the 10th person to be voted out of Survivor: Fans vs. Favourites... Clay.

Clay - you need to bring me your torch.. *snuffs out the flame* ... Clay, the tribe has spoken.

Clay: Hell-o - ah never saw that coming - good blindside, guys... but everyone remember that my new CD "On My Way Here" drops on May 6! Download! Buy 6!!

Jeff scowls.

Clay trudges off along the torchlit path singing softly.... on my way here, where I am now...

Or maybe this:

Grissom reaches under the rather familiar corpse and extricates a flat plastic case... he peers at it intently - and examines it with his loupe...

*cut to close up of "On My Way Here" CD case - and neon-green sticker saying "Available everywhere May 6!"*

Scene 4: Back in the lab.

Nick: Griss - look - we have the surveillance tape from the elevator the vic was found in...

* tape shows tall blond guy in tuxedo undoing his bow tie and letting it hang... he looks up at the camera, and sings softly... I took my first steps... and then slowly builds up the volume and emotion until the last note dies away (short version) ... and he slumps to the floor.*

Grissom: Nick - there seems to be a connection between this *brandishes CD* and that song - check it out for me, okay?

Or maybe...

Bob Costas: As as the horses move towards the gate for the 133rd running of the Preakness, let's check in one last time with Clay Aiken, our mounted correspondent out on the backstretch, to see how the horses have been warming up...

Clay (with helmet, headset and mic): Bob, mah faithful mount Taco and ah have been looking over the field and everyone has been well behaved...and the warm-up has gone well. Big Brown is cool as a cucumber and looks every bit the champion he is - speaking of Big Brown, did y'all know that you can have UPS deliver mah new CD "On My Way Here" right to your door??

And later in the broadcast as the credits roll over the slo-mo homestretch poetry-in-motion closeup of Big Brown, we hear:

On my way here

Where I am now

I've learned to lfy

I had to want to leave the ground...

Or maybe Deal Or No Deal... hmmmm.

Meerkat Manor? I know - Ghost Hunters! Deadliest Catch! Mythbusters! *g*

Good Morning Everyone,

7 Days until Clay's AOL Sessions!

9 Days until Leno Repeats!

10 Days until Kimmel Repeats!

35 Days until The Target Music Pass is Available!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim