#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

cha cha, sorry to hear about 97.1 making things difficult for you...did you send them an email, asking about Clay's songs/webisodes and requesting his new single? That at least might bring the issue to their attention. Or contact the webmaster. That's who is responsible for website functionality, right? They are a Clear Channel station and other CC stations are playing Clay, so there's potential there, I hope. :) I ran into the same issue at my local AC station.

playbiller, I've always liked Isabella, but I admit I'm having trouble with the concept of her movie. But it sounds like the conversation was very funny. I'll be looking for it to turn up on Kimmel's website (or YouTube). So far, no Pontiac garage for Clay. boo

Good morning, y'all! aikim, I appreciate your countdowns. :)

To the best of my rememberance Kyrie was promised to be put up but never appeared.

I just went back and rewatched that performance from 2004, and I think this was before Kimmel hooked up with Pontiac. There's no mention of the full performance of Kyrie being on their website on the televised performance; I would venture a guess that Pontiac has something to do with those full performances.

Favorite butt shot, a wallpaper via Betty897X (and this comes from me, who also thinks that Clay doesn't, or didn't, have much of a butt):

sterlingheightsbuttcolorMay.jpg

This picture is also my calendar picture at work this month. Our cleaning lady talks to me about Clay -- when she first started working in our area, she noticed my assorted pictures of Clay, and we started talking about Clay. She likes him, and so I gifted her with both ATDW two years ago and OMWH yesterday. Anyway, she told me yesterday that she was in my office getting my trash, looked up, and had that picture in front of her. I think she said her words were "oh my." *g*

ETA: from Invisible926 at the CH

I don't really understand this stuff but I guess this is good news.

Clay has broken into the Top 30 on the Mediabase/AllAccess AC charts. With a red bullet too. :)

:laola0:

Another round-up of AI Finale spoilers from MJ's Blog:

Song Spoilers:

Personal song choices have leaked: David Archuleta will reprise “Imagine” per Nigel Lythgoe Thursday on Ryan Seacrest’s KISS morning show. David Cook will sing a new song, U2’s “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For”, per a report on FOX news. Cookie is the first Idol to get a U2 song cleared for competition.

The Davids picked their own coronation song from the 10 most popular songs in the list of 20 that were available for online voting, per Nigel. How’s that for a twist? We don’t know which song either contestant has chosen yet.

Clive Davis chose a song for the Davids. There are rumors swirling about, but there are no clear choices yet. I’ll bet the picks are AWESOME! /sarcasm.

Wednesday Finale:

The So You Think You Can Dance dancers will be performing on Wednesday’s finale

Two Idols from each of the previous six seasons will come back to perform a group number. Hooray! Bo Bice has already confirmed. Yahoo.

Carrie Underwood will perform her new single “Last Name”, according to her My Space.

There’s going to be another “Dead Elvis” video (last year, Celine Dion sang a “duet” with Elvis Presley), this time including several people, per Nigel on KISS.

The “biggest star” in the world will be there, says Nigel. Robert Downey Jr. perhaps? He’ll be there according to the FOX report. Nigel is probably high enough to think Robert Downey Jr. is a big star.

Nigel told Ryan this morning that the Top 5 will sing duets with “somebody”. FOX news is reporting (see video after the jump) that “each of the Idols” will be singing with one of the celebrity mentors who appeared during the season. There were four mentors: Mariah Carey, Neil Diamond, Dolly Parton and Andrew Lloyd Webber. If she’s talking about the Top 5 duets, who would be the 5th mentor? Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr? McCartney would fit the “biggest star in the world” description. But, neither Beatle were actually mentors. Or, maybe the FOX reporter is talking about something else entirely?

Nigel and FOX confirmed a Jonas Brothers appearance.

Paula Abdul will debut a song from her upcoming album, and the Top 12 will also be performing alongside Paula for a special group number. Who knows. Maybe Pauler got cold feet and changed her mind. Yahoo.

The band One Republic (responsible for the mega-hit “Apologize”. Ryan Tedder from the band recently wrote for Clay Aiken and Blake Lewis) canceled a gig in order to be available for the finale.

I know nothing, but -

So Dead Elvis needs a duet partner, eh? Who do we know who's done a video duet with the ghost of an icon and who's knocked the occasional Elvis song out of the park? HA!

:whistling-1:

To the best of my rememberance Kyrie was promised to be put up but never appeared.

I just went back and rewatched that performance from 2004, and I think this was before Kimmel hooked up with Pontiac. There's no mention of the full performance of Kyrie being on their website on the televised performance; I would venture a guess that Pontiac has something to do with those full performances.

Yep, Kyrie was never put up for us. It's a v.v. sore point in the fandom, hence the new verb "to be kyried'. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: from Invisible926 at the CH

I don't really understand this stuff but I guess this is good news.

Clay has broken into the Top 30 on the Mediabase/AllAccess AC charts. With a red bullet too. :)

:laola0:

Wheeeeeeeeeee! This is great news! :dancingpickle:

There are some nice Kimmel pictures available at Clay Aiken Pix, too.

Back to the grind.......

Can you believe some people never respond to PMs after pleading on the board

Yes. I've had that happen, too. <_<

YAY! for Clay movin' on up (picturing his George Jefferson dance here... :lol: ) the All Access/Mediabase chart - - -

You go CUTE singer man! :clap:

I don't think I'll be watching the Isabella movie, but I can just imagine the funny faces Clay would have made on hearing about it. I was re-watching some of the interviews again too, and I just loved that Clay hasn't become one of those crazy celebraties that go on wild spending sprees. The fact that he'll go to Chinatown to buy throat serum cheap like the rest of us cracks me up.

OOOOh....now those are some nice rear views! :hubbahubba:

Couchie...mooonhead on CH has a list of stations here:

Mediaspins

As expected, our own KOIT is NOT currently playing OMWH...I know they played Invisible back in the day, but I don't think they've every played anything other Clay song since.

ETA: Thought this was interesting from tagalong on CH:

As an aside, Josh Groban was on Leno last night. Lots of strings and musicians with him. He sang his song at the end and had NO couch time. None. And yet going by sales etc. one would note that he is far more "successful" than Clay.

Success is measured in different ways and moves at different speeds/levels - for all of us.

It IS noteworthy, IMO, to see just how much 'talk' time Clay gets when he's a guest on the various tv shows. Whatever 'coolness' factor he may or may not have with the 'radio' demographics, the man is simply intriguing and entertaining and makes a great interview.

He sings purdy, too. :wub:

I just rewatched the Rachel Ray interview---I LOVE that one! He's funny and hot and there's no over-the-top fan bits, just a reference to the devoted and loyal following he has. She's geniunely interested in him and his success and brings in his humanitarian side without it seeming to be a 'plug' for HIM--instead, it really is focused on UNICEF. Just a well-done interview, I think.

Clay's butt has filled out nicely.

Not that i pay attention to those kinds of things. :hubbahubba:

Rachel Ray is also one of my favorite interviews. From the look on her face, I can tell that she has fallen under his spell. I loved it when she said how good he looked on the Cd cover, and he said that there had been a lot of air brushing on that photo. Rachel got this look on her face, and told him "I am looking at you." She made it plain that his photo did not need air brushing because that was the way he looked. Then she went on to interview him in a manner that showed that he was not just a "pretty" boy when she brought up Unicef and and Clay's involvement. I loved that she made it a point to say that they were putting up a link to Unicef donations on her site. I felt that this was because of Clay's influence since they did not have link before. I hope that other viewers took note of that also. I wish that he had gotten to sing on the show. That would have been the icing on the cake for me. Very well done interview, IMO.

You should have seen Ruben on the RR show two years ago (and people were complaining that Clay was not on there). Anyway all she wanted to talk about was the weight loss, no CD, nothing else, just the diet tios and weight loss. Ruben would hold up his CD periodically and try to break it into the conversation, but RR would change it back to weight. And Ruben got less time and no singing. Now Martha let's them sing, but Rugben sang to a track on her show and did not get to cook or craft with Martha. Basically he did a cute little 1 minute video piece at the start.

ITA on the Rachael Ray interview. I thought was one was GREAT exposure, and the fact that it runs in my area on many different channels at different times of the day made me v.v. happy.

Man, it's a jungle out there. People refuse to look in the mirror. They also refuse to see how their actions might impact Clay and the new fans that this CD might attract. Or, maybe they just don't care. Why did I even bother to peek?

ITA on the Rachael Ray interview. I thought was one was GREAT exposure, and the fact that it runs in my area on many different channels at different times of the day made me v.v. happy.

Man, it's a jungle out there. People refuse to look in the mirror. They also refuse to see how their actions might impact Clay and the new fans that this CD might attract. Or, maybe they just don't care. Why did I even bother to peek?

Agreed - on both points. I went over to the OFC last night because I had a message. I decided while I was over there I'd take a look around.... :huh: There was one thread in particular where the originator and last poster (at that time) had me scratching my head as to what exactly they were up to. I understand it got pretty ugly. I didn't stick around and didn't bother to peek in anywhere else. Ignorance really is bliss, sometimes.

I hope wherever he is, Clay's having a good day. :flirtysmile3:

I was going to support you, Luckiest, but the biggest denyers are the biggest offenders. I have told my running from the angst stories more than once and that one board edited anyone who said they were ahppy. Can you tell me exactly what board rule would someone write that demanded you be unhappy? As of yet, there has never been an apology for that and I do not ever expect one. I apologize for my mistakes, you would think some people would apologize for theirs, especially when it was fueled by the FC people. But NooOOOOoooOOOOo. Well, I have to change how I get my mail, the substitue mailman just throws it on my porch and yesterday I found it blowing down the street. Bills, credit card stuff and other thigs, Pissed me off. So he is afraid of my dog barking behind the locked solid wooden door, big baby.

Note, I received a cryptic note the other day that the dark forces are gathering. Beware. The people who led the angst last time are planning reemergence.

Note, I received a cryptic note the other day that the dark forces are gathering. Beware. The people who led the angst last time are planning reemergence.

Are we on "Lost"? Good grief! We are NOT the ones who need to find our lives! :dumb_people:

After what the fandom has gone through the last two years I can't believe anyone is stupid enough to believe any fan experts or insiders. I don't care how knowledgable they sound. Also, I'll never be convinced that certain fan experts weren't getting a lot of their information by way of fake Clay, especially during 2006 and parts of 2007 which is why I can't listen to a thing they say about anything now. Too much coninkidink with the fake clay time line especially that Warner bullshit and the "if you only knew what I know" crap.

the biggest denyers are the biggest offenders.

Yep, you can say that again.

BWAH, the dark forces, such a scary, scary name. *g*

Seriously, how ridiculous is this whole fandom? Why spend hours and hours on something that only makes you miserable? I'll never in a million years understand it. But I guess I don't have to. I'll be over in the corner, listening to OMWH on my headphones, bopping along for the ride. *waves to FromClaygary*

I never watch RR. I only watched because of Clay. There was a lot of chemistry between RR and OMC. She "gets" him. Interesting about Ruben on RR. Ruben is a sweet guy, but does not have the "magic" personality of Clay who steals the show without even trying. I am now used to the chemistry between Tyra and Clay, but did not expect it with RR. These are women closer to his age as compared with Martha. All I can say is that I loved it!

As to the angst on CD sales, could it be frustration about what music, if one can call it that, is popular at this time? It is very hard to understand why a beautiful voice, beautiful lyrics sung with emotion to beautiful music is not "popular," when crap that can not even be considered music is the "music" of choice at the moment?

I, for one, am very happy that Clay has chosen to stay true to himself and his style. Sometimes I wonder if the fans who are talking gloom and doom are just upset that they have not been proven right about Clay's talent by way of cd sales, award shows and the like. That makes it more about them than about Clay. It is not my job to angst about Clay and try to direct his career. He pays people to do that. My role in this fandom is to enjoy the man and support him. I have to admit that I would be ecstatic if OMWH was #1, but the fact that it is not, has nothing to do with the quality of the music. It is hard for me when Ashlee Simpson sings on DWTS, and it shows on the emcee, audience, judges faces, that they are thinking WTF when she finishes her songs, and Clay tells us he can't get on that show. That is when I say WTF. Maybe these fans are thinking "if only Clay did this, or if he did that." Just frustration. I really do not know, just saying. Last week on one of my soaps they had Snoop Dog for three days. It was awful. He looked like a pimp, and his singing was just talking to music. Yet, the kids were dancing to it. Three days! Again WTF. I love OMWH, and I still think that it will be discovered if it is given a chance to be heard.

BWAH, the dark forces, such a scary, scary name. *g*

Watch out!!!

killer_bunny.jpg

It looks like there's an accomplace in the bum nibbling department!!!

hanna-grabs-clay.gif

I recall that Clay said he wanted the new album to come out soon after Spamalot ended ... and specifically said (paraphrasing) ... "If I have my way it will come out on the Tuesday following my last performance of Spamalot." Obviously he got his way on this. Then he wrote at OFC to blame him about promotion because they had to have a lot of lead time to set things up and they couldn't without an established release date. He also said DWTS was not an option because they didn't want someone identified with a competitor on another network.

I'm just curious, is the lynch mob going after Clay now? Or did Clive force him to say these things?

ETA: Desertrose, have you ever made it over to that Chinese restaurant? I still want to go.