#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

OOPs almost forgot about the Tuesday Banner change...blame it on the long weekend.

Our new banner is courtesy of Cha Cha...thanks!!! love how he looked during the promos!!!

BTW, I'm stealing this:

So...How much bitch could a bitch slap slap if a bitch slap could slap bitch?

It's so ME!

And Scarlett didn't get to do everything she wanted - more squeamish members totally rejected the nekkid men!

I've started on my recap....it's gonna be one...covering Friday to Monday...and NAMES will be NAMED!

Since you were the one who found and brought us the brochure, I'm considering the nekkid men to be your pick. Too bad Solo and PerusingOne flat out nixed it.

Pictures trump recaps! LOL!

In his monologue, Jimmy Kimmel just said, "I really don't care who wins. As far as I'm concerned In my heart there's only one American Idol--Clay Jefferson Aiken. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Thanks play. Yes the ads were hilarious. Cracked me up.

See, LadyJ, and I'd rather just call the bitches out by name if I wanted to talk trash about someone. :lol:

That way, it would be clear who I'm bitching about. And 50 innocents wouldn't get caught in the crossfire. And if I didn't have the balls to just point a direct finger, then I guess I have no business bitching. I know that's not the deal here, but it's just how I personally feel.

Next time ya'll wanna bring up something I said elsewhere or want to complain about me personally, feel free to just use my name. You have my permission. I'm an individual. Not part of some anyone.

couchie... I know... it is my peeve. I really only try to bring it up now when it's directed right at me... heh. I'll stfu now. :)

YSRN, since it was my post which obviously set you off I will say that I when I made my post I was responding to a point of view that I disagreed with, not to you personally. I didn't even know that you were one of the many posters who had expressed that opinion, not that it would or should change your response. I am not a member at the CH so I can't jump in and say I disagree with something over there. I did feel that I should be able to post an opinion on my home board where the tone of the fandom is often discussed.

I should have remembered that no bitching about the bitching rule. It won't happen again.

See, LadyJ, and I'd rather just call the bitches out by name if I wanted to talk trash about someone. :lol:

That way, it would be clear who I'm bitching about. And 50 innocents wouldn't get caught in the crossfire. And if I didn't have the balls to just point a direct finger, then I guess I have no business bitching. I know that's not the deal here, but it's just how I personally feel.

Next time ya'll wanna bring up something I said elsewhere or want to complain about me personally, feel free to just use my name. You have my permission. I'm an individual. Not part of some anyone.

couchie... I know... it is my peeve. I really only try to bring it up now when it's directed right at me... heh. I'll stfu now. :)

YSRN, since it was my post which obviously set you off I will say that I when I made my post I was responding to a point of view that I disagreed with, not to you personally. I didn't even know that you were one of the many posters who had expressed that opinion, not that it would or should change your response. I am not a member at the CH so I can't jump in and say I disagree with something over there. I did feel that I should be able to post an opinion on my home board where the tone of the fandom is often discussed.

I should have remembered that no bitching about the bitching rule. It won't happen again.

atinal, it's not a rule. I don't make the rules. I just have opinions like everyone else.

Your response to my comment elsewhere didn't set me off... I just figured since you brought it up in a questioning way, I'd respond since I posted that exact phrase on the CH. I was more crabbing about play's additional comments about yammering vs. helping Clay, and since it's my peeve (tm couchie), I expanded my thoughts to include some other tone issues (to use everyone's term) that arose today (and in the past)... that post you quoted up there most definitely had moved way beyond your original post. I think it's pretty much been beaten to death tho, so I won't rehash it, except to say that I wasn't directing the entire conversation at you.

In my heart there's only one American Idol--Clay Jefferson Aiken.

:lol:

I'm way behind but I just skimmed the last several pages and didn't find this mentioned.

Apparently there was a Clay sighting in LA today. A poster from CV says her sister called and was sitting at a restaurant near Clay at lunch. He was with a man who was not Jerome. He was wearing a button-down shirt and was running his hands through his hair (which is probably still blonde...)

Any ideas what he might be doing in LA? :D

gallery_enlarged-clay-aiken-pics-05.jpg

eta: I emailed the radio station about the defunkt On Demand and also sent a request for Maureen to play OMWH. :D

Hey, it ain't a rule, it's just a point of view. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I love a good rant myself, and I know none of it ever applies to YSRN. It's good to hear how she feels as well, and something to take into consideration. But it ain't no rule. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: I figured you did, atinal. I was just being "cute."

Hey, it ain't a rule, it's just a point of view. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I love a good rant myself, and I know none of it ever applies to YSRN. It's good to hear how she feels as well, and something to take into consideration. But it ain't no rule. :cryingwlaughter:

Now, I'm embarrassed to say. I knew it wasn't a rule, I guess I should have included something in my post to indicate that.

Moving on.....

Well, since we're on a bitching roll.

I bought gas today at $4.ll/gallon (ACKKKK!!!)

My property insurance bill came--and it went up.

I went grocery shopping and the dog food cost as much as the human food.

It's no wonder that people aren't buying CDs.

yep groceries and gas..I can bitch about that all day.

I can't believe I quit my job

:fca:

Damn when is this DWTS going to just announce a darn winner. So much filler. I liked Usher's new version of his song better than the old. heh.

We're here for ya, couchie :F_05BL17blowkiss:. Are you still doing the part time one?

We're here for ya, couchie :F_05BL17blowkiss: . Are you still doing the part time one?

Yes, a great fall back cuz I can work up to 40 hours on it. I gave a lot of notice too, heh. It was the right thing to do and it will work out. as long as I don't eat or buy gas heee and clay tour tickets better not go on sale tomorrow.

YAY for DWTW eeeeeeeeeee my pick from day one won...that's a new one

Hello FCA!

I'm afraid I've been one of the lurkers here lately!

ChaCha happy anniversary! Thats quite the achievement these days. What a shame you and the lovely Mr Cha Cha couldn't find your old haunts. DH and I have no worries about that -they demolished the club where we first met and its now an office block- sooo romantic.

People can only stay here if they promise to be silly part of the time. We need more silly

I can do that- not always intentionaly! (sp?)

I am bored. I guess with Clay on hiatus I need to find my life again???

My life keeps chasing me around, no matter how fast I run!

QUOTE(Iseeme @ May 18 2008, 06:39 PM)

ETA: Did I just kill this thread???? Where is everybody?

heee..haven't you heard? We're all going to get lives I'm actually downloading my Don't Save it All For Xmas Day... Finally. Maybe I'll actually finish my portion before the next Xmas tour.

:cryingwlaughter: Couchie, in my insomniac state last night, I read this as " I'm actually downloading mine"

Crap. Looks like I skeered away 'dummie' down there! I really wanted her to say 'Hi!'

Curiously enough, I got into this five years ago because of "the women" as much as an interest in Clay. I was new to the internet and I thought it was so neat that these women of all different ages and backgrounds were sharing their experiences with each other

Welcome Dummie, I also love the people here. Where else would I have "met" all these disparate people, heard about their lives, likes or dislikes, and picked up a few things along the way!

KAndre said

Feh, I say. If me and my posse twenty years from now have the joy of flying in to see him in a little club in Raleigh with great acoustics (and fans who will actually shake their ass or make devil horns as appropriate - heh), we will enjoy the fuck out of what is instead of weeping over what isn't. And spend more time with like-hearted heifers.

IwannabeaeHpheifertooooo :cry4:

Looks like I'm here posthoing all by my lonesome but I just had to add that Amazon has shipped my copy of OMWH!!!!!

I am going to have that piece of listeny goodness in my hot little hands oh about the FIRST OF JUNE??!! (WTH?)

They are sending it by extra careful special delivery that must be it! By seagull or sealion or whale maybe!!

Orrr maaaybee it is being specially hand delivered by some (blond) person who needs a holiday about now.Who hasn't been to the landdownunda. Who needs to recuperate from oh,say..a demanding work schedule of choreography and singing and stuff........

It could happen.

ausdon, from one who just received her QVC shipment yesterday, (and I'm in the same country) I feel for you.

dummie, nice to meet you! Glad you came out of :imgtongue:

As for the Clay sighting, he was spotted at one of the busiest, most popular restaurants in Burbank. It sits on the first floor of the Warner Record Building. The lobby floor of that building is the far corner of the Warner Bros. lot. Disney is right there, as is Disney Channel, ABC and NBC. Touchstone is on the Disney lot now as well. A bunch of small production companies are within walking distance of the place. He was there in the middle of the day and happily chatted with a lady at a table nearby when he had the chance.

I'm going to imagine that he knew how enthusiastic crazy his fans might be after seeing the HDD numbers and decided to give us something fun to speculate about for awhile. He's such a good bf. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Heh, I went out and bought one today, not because I was reading the boards, but because I wanted it - it was the big cover Costco one. Unfortunately, I was the first to buy one., the box was full.

I must have missed that one - what makes it different? Is it just the packaging around the CD case? I want one of everything! :cryingwlaughter:

I stand by the issue that fans have been leaving because the tone was set to negative high. I do not like it when people wish Clive Davis to die. I don't like when anyone is wished to die <snip>I don't like it when the supposiition leaves just opinions and actually names people that Clay has to work with on a regular basis. I feel that is fans interferring with Clay's career and is wrong in every business sense and since most people who say these things have jobs, it only makes it worse.

I realize these are my opinions, but when ever I speak to anyone else in the corporate world they tend to agree. it is just some very vocal fans that feel they have a right to interfere with Clay's personal life and business career becaue they bought a few tickets or records..

Yep, these are some of my biggest pet peeves too........

Hee, my cats' food costs MORE than human food. It's insane.

Today, I vow to stay at FCA. No more wandering. Not good for my blood pressure.

Welcome dummie! Great to see people delurking.

Good Morning Everyone,

6 Days until Clay's AOL Sessions!

8 Days until Leno Repeats!

9 Days until Kimmel Repeats!

34 Days until The Target Music Pass is available (June 24)!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Hey, it's a great day! The sun will shine and I get to listen to Clay for 45 minutes, without any interference, on my commute!!!

Couldn't get any better than that....well it could if I didn't have to go work but then I would not have the money to buy more CDs and travel with my peeps! Hee I have peeps...shh don't tell them though!!

Hurry up and blog Clay your natives are restless. I mean it has been so long already :cryingwlaughter:

YAY the suns up here...its been away for the past few days....and YAY I can see leaves on some of the trees, that always excites me!!!

I really don't know why I assumed that clay would be going back to NC right away. I think it just makes a lot of sense that he will be tying lose ends before taking a break. I wonder where SAMs offices are located. I was also thinking...its possible they are busy making plans for the upcoming tour and second wave promotion so that TC can work on that while Clay takes a break.

Hope this is a better day for the fandom!!

YSRN :F_05BL17blowkiss: I miss you on this board. Really I do. I miss jennaz as well, and I miss my friends who left here. I know you have a twin but would you mind being a triplet? I rarely ever go to CH, or other boards anymore. :fca: Most of my comments about other fans are directed at the POD people at OFC or the slime dwellers at you know where. I believe in free speech and everyone being a fan in the manner they choose. My biggest beef with fans is when I feel their actions are detrimental to Clay and his success. I have no patience for fan policing either. :lmaosmiley-1: