#32: Man with titanium balls and the voice to back them up!

Ansamcw

What should the next thread title be at FCA?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• Where he thinks he belongs, and it's not in any lane, it's all over the damned highway.
    • "Clay Aiken: #1 Bad Ass"
    • Large and in Charge...
    • Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"
    • He is too good, too magical...
    • I have seen the light and the light is named Clay!

Whats trapper keepers?

Trapper Keepers

God, I hadn't thought of these in YEARS -- since I had my Bay City Rollers Trapper Keeper in 9th grade!

OK I had to click on that link to find out what a trapper keeper was. And now I'm pissed. Becoss I didn't have a BCR one either. :angry:

Well...I mean....masculine, yeah....but threatening?

See current thread title & option 2 in the current poll.....

"Clay Aiken: # 1 Bad Ass with titanium balls"

Sounds kinda dangerous to me..... :pinkhandcuffsf:

I am soooooo not a smutter! Where is this sh...stuff coming from???

I've done my Clivic duty...(now that just does NOT sound right! :cryingwlaughter: )...but I just emailed two AC radio stations, asking about OMWH...we'll see if I hear anything from either...

BTW...Cotton? That "Not Dead Yet" gem is too freakin' funny! This is my fave part:

Sir Clay:

I feel happy. I feel happy!

I am not dead yet

I can dance and act and sing

I am not dead yet

The IT I know I bring!

'coss the man keeps TELLING us he's happy and busy and lovin' life these days! I'm gonna do the same... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OK, OK, I will go look for that story, I know I read it a few days ago.

In the mean while, the overnights are in for last night, heh and it looks like this is not the best year eavh!. No wonder they had to make a circus.

I know this belongs in the AI thread, but thought it was interesting.Ratings for top 2 performance as recorded by Quiet1ne

Ai2 - 14.8/24

Ai3 - 14.5/24

Ai4 - 16.2/25

Ai5 - 18.2/29

AI6 - 14.5/23

Ai7 - 14.8/23

OK, OK, I will go look for that story, I know I read it a few days ago.

Thank you.

*gets down on knees*

Please, please, please, those of you who can go out and read other board without raising your blood pressure, bring back any goodies that we poor folk in hiding might be missing!

*ahem*

Thanks again.

Hee I have peeps...shh don't tell them though!!

Cat's out of the bag, babe.

Just to note:

My son was in McAllen yesterday, down in the Valley, and last night when he got in from the airport he said, "Hey, Mom, I heard Clay Aiken on the radio today."

"Where?"

"In McAllen."

"What song was it?"

"That song he's singing on TV, about the kitchen floor."

Yea McAllen.

And I almost forgot -- I was in Randall's this morning (I spread my Starbucks love around to the three in my immediate vicinity) and they were playing Clay's Solitaire. I said, oooo I love Clay Aiken, and the Russian girl making my latte said, "Oh, is that who that is? I very much like his voice, but working here they play the same tapes over and over and over. I'd like to hear something different."

Oh, Tatyana, I think that can be arranged somehow.

KF's Thought For The Day:

It's so frightening

When the morning feels like war

Why you tryin' to carry the weight of the world?

Your blood pressure wouldn't rise too much on IDF in the aiken fourms, seems liek a troll got it, but it will be taken care of. They just have a different culture over there with different values. I can't say I approve of everything there, but it is not my job to approve or not another board, I just like or dislike them.

I don't have permission to quote her yet, but it is in a public area, so you can read yourself. I don't like to drag people into the spotlight without their permission. She is a long time poster at IDF.

Basically someone went to a show recently and happened to see Clay sitting in the audience there. That isthe gist of it.

link

ETA - Lurkers, please wait until I get this person's permission before copying the post. Thank you.

Have you requested OMWH to be played at 99.1 in Houston?

I am not keepingfaith nor do I play her in a staring role on Broadway but I have dutifully been requesting OMWH every week at Sunny 99.1. I have yet to hear it or receive other than a form reply.

DR, I have requested it twice. But I know from experience and being told two years ago by someone at Sunny99, that they watch the charts and only add songs when they have taken off at smaller stations in the area. AC is a grassroots enterprise and only when something takes off in small and mid-size markets does it get added by the major market stations. That's why I've been requesting at KKMY-FM in Beaumont, which is listed as an OMWH Starter at Mediabase. KKMY reports six spins in the past seven days ... all overnights.

For the record, Clay's Mediabase numbers this morning are:

Last Week: No. 37

This Week: No. 30 with a bullet

Last Week Spins: 48

This Week Spins: 71 (+23)

Audience/Millions: .210

Edited to ask Playbiller: What's IDF?

OK, I went out and saw this, so I thought I'd bring it over. Better than the HDD estimates!

18 Clay Aiken 20,527 (total 114K)

I have requested OMWH twice, once at my local EZRock station (who used to spout the old "we won't play it until it's a hit elsewhere" mantra, but now has a request link up on their web site), and at a closeby EZRock station (same site format). I don't think there is any way for us to track Canadian spins, but I still want to feel like I'm doing something, ya know?

Umm, the poster says she went to Spamalot on the 14th. The problem was that Clay was in LA that week...

Yah, :cry4: unfortunately I thought the same thing. Impossible. The good news? She wasn't just this close to seeing him there! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, truly, not impossible. Just like Kimmel was in NY on R&K in the morning and in LA that night.

I think Clay was on Good Day LA the morning of the 14th and Kimmel Friday night, but he could have gone back and forth in between without much fuss. Hee, maybe he and Jimmy shared a jet.

For the record, Clay's Mediabase numbers this morning are:

Last Week: No. 37

This Week: No. 30 with a bullet

Last Week Spins: 48

This Week Spins: 71 (+23)

Audience/Millions: .210

WOOHOO!!!!!

Edited to ask Playbiller: What's IDF?

I'm not play, but it stands for Idol Forums. She would know more of the history, but I think they were one of the first general AI message boards out there.

OK, I went out and saw this, so I thought I'd bring it over. Better than the HDD estimates!

I have requested OMWH twice, once at my local EZRock station (who used to spout the old "we won't play it until it's a hit elsewhere" mantra, but now has a request link up on their web site), and at a closeby EZRock station (same site format). I don't think there is any way for us to track Canadian spins, but I still want to feel like I'm doing something, ya know?

BTW, that number 18 ranking is from Billboard, so I'm happy with that, he didn't drop out of the top 20!

One more thing about the radio requests (and this is just a suggestion from me): I followed up with my DJ this morning, and said "OK, if you don't have Clay, can you play Bonnie Raitt?" Just showing that you want to hear something from them is a good idea, IMO -- gives the impression that you listen to them on a regular basis, even if you don't, heh. (For the record, you can probably pull almost anything from the 80's and 90's portions of the JBT, or anything covered on ATDW, and probably hear that on an AC station. Won't be the same as Clay singing them, but still...)

Umm, the poster says she went to Spamalot on the 14th. The problem was that Clay was in LA that week...

Yah, :cry4: unfortunately I thought the same thing. Impossible. The good news? She wasn't just this close to seeing him there! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, truly, not impossible. Just like Kimmel was in NY on R&K in the morning and in LA that night.

I think Clay was on Good Day LA the morning of the 14th and Kimmel Friday night, but he could have gone back and forth in between without much fuss. Hee, maybe he and Jimmy shared a jet.

Yeah, but that was also the day that those lovely iPhone lunchtime photos were taken in Brentwood, so it would have been difficult to get to NYC in time to see Spamalot that evening, even if he was really, really, really missing Hannah... :imgtongue:

Yeah, but that was also the day that those lovely iPhone lunchtime photos were taken in Brentwood, so it would really having been difficult to get to NYC in time to see Spamalot that evening, even if he was really, really, really missing Hannah... :imgtongue:

Speaking of missing Hannah.... *Fun speculation here* I wonder if he'll be back in NY for her departure from Spam on June 15th? :lilredani:

Yeah, but that was also the day that those lovely iPhone lunchtime photos were taken in Brentwood, so it would really having been difficult to get to NYC in time to see Spamalot that evening, even if he was really, really, really missing Hannah... :imgtongue:

you rang? :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

And, you know, MHO is that herein lies :lol: a lot of the source of other people's angst....they/we/I feel like "we" want to DO something. (BTW, luckiest, I feel the same way). I've always thought that if "our" energies were able to be harnessed by TC/RCA in some productive but non-damaging way, a lot of the angst could be dissipated. IOW, keep "us" busy, for cripes' sakes! :lol:

Speaking of missing Hannah.... *Fun speculation here* I wonder if he'll be back in NY for her departure from Spam on June 15th? :lilredani:

I'm betting yes. :lilredani:

Am I the designated representative again? I am sort of curious about how they restaged the show. and I might get autographs at the stage door this time.

I am trying to save money, so I would probably try SRO again. Could not afford to join you guys at the BAF gala this year, I am grossly overbudget for what I spent on Spam tickets, heh, but then again, I budget conservatively.

I'm betting he'll be there. I hope he gets to, if he wants to, anyhow.

And as far at the lunchtime pics, they were dated the 15th, but they could have been taken the day before, or he could have just flown in that morning.

I don't think Clay was in the theater on the evening of the 14th, but I wouldn't call the poster was liar either. At this point in his career, he could be traveling here and there daily and we wouldn't know about it unless he used a commercial airlines, and perhaps right now he is traveling privately. Just like that lunch sighting yesterday, since his run at Spamalot ended, he could be anywhere on any given day.

*checks under bed* Nope. Not here. *sigh*

Hi Ho everyone, I am officially starting the week-end; due to working the book sale over the week-end, I get to take days off this week, so I am free until Tuesday...Yay Me!

It seems like the angst has calmed down considerably; its amazing what a sighting can do; any goodies out there, I will be sure and bring them over!

Kim