#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

ooooo Page 1!

I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!

I know it can! I know it can! I know it can!

Finally a thread with a title I can open up at work without explaining!!!!

Good Morning Everyone,

6 Days until Clay's AOL Sessions!

8 Days until Leno Repeats!

9 Days until Kimmel Repeats!

33 Days until The Target Music Pass is available!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I watched Idol. Was happy with the result. Obviously have completely different tastes in music than what I've read above. Except for Jonas Bros. They hugely sucked. I thought George Michael's song was magnificent. Can't take much of Carrie Underwood. She starts out fine, but I'm always tired of her song delivery way before she's through. Donna Summer rocked. Her voice was wonderful tonight. I thought Ryan Tedder was lightyears better than David Archuleta. ZZTop, Graham Nash and Jordin Sparks were uninspiring. Bryan Adams looked great and I actually enjoyed him. Whoever I left out was forgettable. I thought the best "cast" song was the Michael/Carly duet. The Pips were funny, Guru Michael Murphy was not. And the Davids are already doing commercial endorsements. It did bug me that just about everyone appearing on the show that wasn't a singer was representing a product that had bought commercial time on the show. It's such a whore parade now.

I enjoy the fact that musically we are all over the map, but we come together over Clay Aiken. Cue John Lennon.

Come together ...

Over me!

Hee! It's funny how different we all are except in one case, isn't it??

I quite enjoyed the show, with all the different styles of music showcased. Loved Donna Summer. HATED Ryan Tedder and what you could see/hear of One Republic; I'm with someone else, who said he's extremely fortunate ProTools exists apparently, for his recordings. He can't sing at ALL.

I've always been a NJU Bryan Adams fan, since he was very young and I was too; buy his CDs and would think about attending a concert, but fan club stuff/personal stuff? Naw. He has always impressed me as a very artistic, intelligent guy though, and I enjoyed his performance last night.

I noticed that one of the idol guys (David C?) had his arm around Bryan most of the time; wonder how that would have flown with Prince? :lol:

Can't STAND Carrie, but that's probably partially because I dislike country music with the heat of a thousand suns. Or modern country anyway; I love Patsy Cline and the Dixie Chicks.

WHO in the world chose that dress that Jordin was wearing last night? It made her look like an overweight teen going to the prom alone. Yuck. I like Jordin, generally, but didn't care for the one she did last night.

The Pips WERE great! Michael Murphy might be shocked to hear he was in that role on AI last night! (He's the conspiracy film maker dude). Mike Myers was pretty funny though. :lol: He's always completely off the wall, but that looks like it might be a funny film.

Couldn't care less about the results....but the show was kinda fun!!

My sincerest sympathies to Steven Curtis Chapman and family, and especially his son; he will live defined by that moment forever. I pray for him and his family that he can get beyond it.

Yeah for a thread title without a mention of Clay's naughty bits! Those are a little embarassing to have open at work, y'all. :blush:

Finally getting a chance to listen to When I Need You and the other live AOL performances on the QVC disc. Even in 2003, the boy could SANG, ya know? I forget how much I love I will Carry You.

Page 1 of a most supportive and positive thread!!!!! :clap:

"Clay's naughty bits" :cryingwlaughter:

I'm happy with the outcome of Idol last night. I think David Cook has the potential to be a very big star. He has the personality and the chops! Thought poor Ruben looked huuuuuuuge the other night - that suit looked like a sausage casing. But you gotta love that smile!!! He makes me smile. And I really hope that George Michael song is on his new CD. I didn't realize he was so tall but he kind of towered over Ryan!!!! And hell must have frozen over and pigs were definitely flying when Slimon admitted he was bordering on the disrespectful to Cook and apologized!!! I bet he took some serious crap for his nasty comments. Or at least I hope so!!! But then as Clay says, "Simon is an idiot!" And with that remark you can bet "game on!" between those two for real now! Probably yet another reason you won't be seeing Mr. Aiken on Idol again.

Wonder if Clay made it back to Raleigh and his pups yet.

Michael Murphy might be shocked to hear he was in that role on AI last night! (He's the conspiracy film maker dude). Mike Myers was pretty funny though. :lol: He's always completely off the wall, but that looks like it might be a funny film.

:cryingwlaughter: I make that mistake a lot with Michael Myers because I have known a Michael Murphy for years (not the film maker dude) and he's a crazy man like Myers. My brain can't keep it straight. I like Michael Myers better as Shrek than anything he's done. I could never get into Austin Powers, and I'm not yet sold on Guru Pimka(?). Loved him on SNL.

Chris Daughtry has his work cut out for him with David Cook coming on the scene. That's the problem for a lot of these Idol kids -- there's always a "new and improved" whoever coming around year after year.

And then there's the irreplaceable Clay Aiken. An original, incomparable voice and a major talent in every which way. He's has a place that's all his own.

I watched Idol. Was happy with the result. Obviously have completely different tastes in music than what I've read above. Except for Jonas Bros. They hugely sucked. I thought George Michael's song was magnificent. Can't take much of Carrie Underwood. She starts out fine, but I'm always tired of her song delivery way before she's through. Donna Summer rocked. Her voice was wonderful tonight. I thought Ryan Tedder was lightyears better than David Archuleta. ZZTop, Graham Nash and Jordin Sparks were uninspiring. Bryan Adams looked great and I actually enjoyed him. Whoever I left out was forgettable. I thought the best "cast" song was the Michael/Carly duet. The Pips were funny, Guru Michael Murphy was not. And the Davids are already doing commercial endorsements. It did bug me that just about everyone appearing on the show that wasn't a singer was representing a product that had bought commercial time on the show. It's such a whore parade now.

I enjoy the fact that musically we are all over the map, but we come together over Clay Aiken. Cue John Lennon.

Come together ...

Over me!

Hee! It's funny how different we all are except in one case, isn't it??

I quite enjoyed the show, with all the different styles of music showcased. Loved Donna Summer. HATED Ryan Tedder and what you could see/hear of One Republic; I'm with someone else, who said he's extremely fortunate ProTools exists apparently, for his recordings. He can't sing at ALL.

I've always been a NJU Bryan Adams fan, since he was very young and I was too; buy his CDs and would think about attending a concert, but fan club stuff/personal stuff? Naw. He has always impressed me as a very artistic, intelligent guy though, and I enjoyed his performance last night.

I noticed that one of the idol guys (David C?) had his arm around Bryan most of the time; wonder how that would have flown with Prince? :lol:

Can't STAND Carrie, but that's probably partially because I dislike country music with the heat of a thousand suns. Or modern country anyway; I love Patsy Cline and the Dixie Chicks.

WHO in the world chose that dress that Jordin was wearing last night? It made her look like an overweight teen going to the prom alone. Yuck. I like Jordin, generally, but didn't care for the one she did last night.

The Pips WERE great! Michael Murphy might be shocked to hear he was in that role on AI last night! (He's the conspiracy film maker dude). Mike Myers was pretty funny though. :lol: He's always completely off the wall, but that looks like it might be a funny film.

Couldn't care less about the results....but the show was kinda fun!!

My sincerest sympathies to Steven Curtis Chapman and family, and especially his son; he will live defined by that moment forever. I pray for him and his family that he can get beyond it.

We all saw it way differently - because I thought just about everybody sucked vocally - Donna is definitely not what she used to be and homechick singing along with her outsang her (and I wanted to say, Back off the Botox, Donna! Just back off!). ZZ Top - man, they definitely didn't even bother singing although David Cook did a nice homage to them. Grant Nash and Bryan Adams might as well not been there. George Michael - I guess he did have a cold (isn't that what he said?) because he sounded terrible - but I would like Clay to sing that song (might be a little unfair - but to me GM and Clay have the same kind a glorious voice - and GM wasn't doing it last night). I excessively like Carrie - especially her songs - they're not particularly deep but fun to sing along with - I do like a lot of modern country (and rap, heh). The Jonah Brothers were all kinds of horrible. I agree that they ProTooled the hell out of Ryan Tedder - because that was not good. Who the hell dresses Jordin? And why haven't they been shot? She sounded good, but I couldn't get over that fucked up gold 50's housewife dress. That was just bad. The Pips thing was funny but ran too long. The guru thing wasn't funny at all (except for whoever tried to throw Seacrest off the stage when he was riding the pillow thing) - that movie is one I'm definitely not going to see. And the desperate backtracking by Simon...if I lived on the conspiracy hill (which I don't, I just drive around the base occasionally), I would say that AI is desperate to recreate season two - the boxing crap - the way they seem to be trying to set up David A for a Claylike rising from the ashes (and frankly, I don't think he has the fanbase to do it - hell, the results didn't even seem to be close).

But you know what the most distracting for me? The most egrarious example was the nurse/Janis Joplin wannabe - who so very clearly didn't want to be there, didn't wanna sing, didn't wanna dance and frankly looked like a three year old pouting. The stupid pit girls, who were clearly totally apathetic about 87% of the time. The audience, most of whom were bored out of their skulls. Why the hell were they there?

I do like David Cook much more that David A. But really don't care one way or the other.

And then...I know it can, I know it can, I know it can!

Oh YESSSS!!! *and* Amen!!! :flirtysmile3:

I do like David Cook much more that David A. But really don't care one way or the other.

And that sums up another lackluster year of AI for me.

What a tragedy for {{{{SCC and his family}}}}. My sympathies to them.

ETA: *waves* to Ausdon now that she's apparently recovered from her globe trotting enough to get back on her computer and join us again - yay! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

A co-worker just emailed me (we sporadically discuss AI):

Sad…watched AI all season and didn't even tape last night's episode and didn't even care (went to dinner with a friend).

Zzzzzz…..

Those who like Bryan Adams...if you were not aware that he did the soundtrack for Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron, that is an album I would have enjoyed even if I had never seen the movie. It's a good "summer by the swimming pool" album for my family. :)

Chris Daughtry has his work cut out for him with David Cook coming on the scene. That's the problem for a lot of these Idol kids -- there's always a "new and improved" whoever coming around year after year.

Heh...Well, if Cook does bump Daughtry from his radio throne, he can always fall back on a career in product endorsement.

"I'm a serious artist, dammit! See? I'm scowling! Or maybe I'm just uncomfortably irregular."

th_Project1.pngClickable.

I was so sorry to hear about SCC's family. After the horror sank in, I wondered if the boy was even a licensed driver yet. Poor kid. I nearly tagged a boy on a bicycle yesterday. Came up suddenly between my car and the curb as I followed a curve along the school driveway. Didn't see him until he shot past my mirror. If my arc had been wider or my speed faster..."there but for the grace of..." And my kids wonder why I have always been so paranoid about their safety around cars.

I was getting a bit of a Kimber-meeee vibe out of Syesha last night. She turned into a major camera ho and I wouldn't have been surprised if she had hip-checked Donna Summer off the stage into the mosh pit with the Sway Bots and finished number by herself.

Instead of working today (hee), I'm catching up with YouTube clips from last night's AI performances, and I've liked almost everything I've seen. ZZ Top with DC was fun, and I've always loved rocking out to that song. I didn't think One Republic was that bad, and I actually enjoyed Archie in that one better than Tedder *Ansa looks at me glaringly*. I haven't seen the female medley yet, but for the most part, I was more intrigued by the guys during this season, so I don't think I'll even check them out. Jonas Brothers? Again, won't look for that one. And I really liked the George Michael medley -- the guys all looked yummy in their suits, the girls looked like they were having fun (except for Amanda Overmyer, good thing she's not going out on tour with them this summer, she'd be miserable doing those group medleys), I didn't hear any awful notes, and George. He's aged, and IMO not in a good way, and his voice is definitely different than it was many years ago, but he still sang it quite well. Iseeme, that's actually an old George Michael song, I'm sure it's on his greatest hits collection that was just released not that long ago. And Carrie Underwood sang it at Idol Gives Back this year -- did a fantastic job with that too. It's called "Praying for Time."

OK, back to work. Heh.

Heh...Well, if Cook does bump Daughtry from his radio throne, he can always fall back on a career in product endorsement.

"I'm a serious artist, dammit! See? I'm scowling! Or maybe I'm just uncomfortably irregular."

:lmaosmiley-1:

BWAH!!! That's hilarious!

I doubt that Daughtry will be dumped off his throne by David Cook. There's likely room for both of them in the music industry.

What a horrible, horrible tragedy for SCC and family. I watched his Cinderella song & video on youtube last night - gave me chills because of what's happened now. So very, very sad.

I got up eaaarrrrrly this morning for the final IEP meeting for my younger daughter. She's gifted in writing, but learning disabled in math (she has dyscalculia). Anyway, this was the final IEP at her middle school, because she'll be in high school next year. They had so many good things to say about her! It was so good to hear that the teachers enjoy her so much. Especially because she's such an adolescent at home - she knows everything, doncha know? And her parents are idiots! Heeee. One day she'll figure out that we actually do know a thing or two.

Hey, it's a new thread, and it's time to decorate!!

clay-aiken-iphone-01.jpg

OMWH_Yahoo_02_t.jpg

OMWH_BroadwayWorld_07_t.jpg

And the theories begin! Hee! So the 12 million difference in the voting has me voting with the group who thinks:

1. David Cook has pretty much been running away with the vote tallies for enough of the season to make the big shots worry

2. The pimping of David A was designed to create the psuedo-match of the Davids in order to make people think there was a reason to actually finish the season

3. The show is embarrassing.

My hubby said it all last night during the fanfare of the USC marching band, cheerleaders and that ridiculous 'bad audition' guy on stage, then with Paula and Randy getting up there to totally whore themselves out to 'good tv'. Hubby looked at me with an incredulous expression and said, "It's like Pro Wrestling." :cryingwlaughter:

Donna Summer--girl has filled out, huh? She seemed out of breath most of the time but when she hit a note, it sounded pretty good.

Teddar? You kiddin' me? I actually LIKE the "Apologize" song, but can't imagine sitting through a live concert of him trying to...you know...sing. (Stick to the songWRITING, Ryan)

Jack Black CMSU. I've always loved Robt. Downey, Jr.

George Michael--He has one of my favorite male voices ever, but I was cringing during his song and relieved to hear that he was 'singing under duress' of a cold because I thought he sounded and looked awful.

Bwah! David Cook and the Tops! ZZTop were his backup band.

During Carrie's number, Hubby said, "Damn...she is HOT!" :hubbahubba: I was thinking how interesting it was to see and hear her 'rock' up a country song. Lord, let Clay add a growl to a performance and the media starts tearing him up for 'trying' to be 'cool'. oy :rolleyes:

Thought the finalist group numbers were yucky and yeah, Biker Chick definitely did NOT want to be there. She had absolutely NO rhythm, either, btw.

Mostly, I was thinking during the absurdity that was the AI Finale show of SCChapman's family and Clay. I was thinking about priorities and life and knowing how incomprehensibly devastated anyone close to SCC must be and knowing that Clay was reeling from the news and praying hard. I was wondering how someone can experience such a thing and survive without becoming a shell. And then I was figuring that SCC and family's very public faith will certainly be tested in these coming days--years. Hopefully, it will be true that 'faith conquers fear'.

I'm zen about the whole AI thing. David Cook's multi-talented and will be a megastar, I think. Seems like a nice guy, so I wish him success!

Have a great day, FCA friends! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

And another season of Idol is in the books. I watched 1 David Cook you tube song, Billie Jean, and thought it was most excellent. I heard a short clip of David A's DLTSGDOM in a news clip and thought it was quite good. And after the Idol hoopla dies down on the Clay boards these two will probably rarely enter my world. If they do it will be because of what they do, not idol. The only Idol I've come to know since I quit watching the show mid season 4 is Daughtery! I don't know his idol story. I don't know how he interviews. I don't know his personality. Maybe that's why I like him. I only know him because they played the hell out of one of his songs on my sports radio station. I did like Jordin Sparks singing SSB at a sporting event I watched but have never heard anything from her album. And it doesn't matter how successful they get to break into my world because I've heard Breakaway approximately 3 times in my life, only in the car with my sister and the kids as they listen to Radio Disney. My neice is very well aware that auntie's car doesn't get Radio Disney :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: (I think the 8 year old nephew is on to me hee) Once they are out in the real world they are competing with everyone not just each other so never bought that one is effected by the next. I've seen no proof of that really and we do have 7 yerars now to go on. It was funny knowing the outcome holed up in my room watching the game while my mom rooting for young David and my cousin rooted for the other one. heee. I kept shouting out..I know who won. THey wanted to kill me :cryingwlaughter:

Off to work... Happy Thursday.

The thing is....there's a LOT of America that loves Pro Wrestling. Just sayin'. (Those Pay-per-view matches must rake in the bucks!)

Seriously -- sure, from what I've seen of the finale last night, it was all OTT. And for some reason, much of America loves OTT stuff. If nothing else, they love to watch it only to complain about it later!

The other thing that I think is interesting is that everyone keeps talking about how "young" Archie is -- but I was reminded this morning that Jordin Sparks was 17 when she won as well. (BTW, hated her dress last night...) I think Archie's physical stature did not help him in this regard, because he really does look 14 to me. I also wonder how much having an overbearing stage Dad continued that "he's so young" image.

In any event, I'm still grateful to this day that AI gave us Clay Aiken. My life is richer because of him.

And congratulations to both David Cook and David Archuletta. May you find peace and happiness now that the world will turn crazy for both of you.

The thing is....there's a LOT of America that loves Pro Wrestling. Just sayin'. (Those Pay-per-view matches must rake in the bucks!)

Seriously -- sure, from what I've seen of the finale last night, it was all OTT. And for some reason, much of America loves OTT stuff. If nothing else, they love to watch it only to complain about it later!

No doubt, ldyj...right now America is rewarding the cheese and the absurd and the prostituting for $$$--God, Ryan Seacrest has TWO new reality tv shows in the works! Just what the world needs. I just think it's interesting to watch AI become just another "reality" tv. I never actually considered it as such in the first couple of years---I thought it was a talent show.

But the manipulations, the scripts, the agendas, the OTT---AI has truly embraced its inner realityshowreality!

BWAH!

Time to turn on my media player on my computer and listen to a voice of the ages.... :wub:---now THAT'S reality! :clap:

No doubt, ldyj...right now America is rewarding the cheese and the absurd and the prostituting for $$$--God, Ryan Seacrest has TWO new reality tv shows in the works! Just what the world needs. I just think it's interesting to watch AI become just another "reality" tv. I never actually considered it as such in the first couple of years---I thought it was a talent show.

But the manipulations, the scripts, the agendas, the OTT---AI has truly embraced its inner realityshowreality!

BWAH!

Ah yes, I understand. AI has basically gotten too big for its britches, and I'll agree. It's that loss of innocence that Clay talked about all the time in interviews. I think what amazes me is that there still seems to be quite a few people in America who don't exactly see what we're talking about here. Or I guess they don't care.

I went to an AI party last night so I ate my way through the finale, but I just couldn't bring myself to care who won. I like both OK and will probably download a song or two from both's CDs, but I can't get excited.

Donna Sommers--I'd kill myself if I had to sing the same few songs for 30 or 40 years (how long has it been?)

I didn't understand why Jack Black came out with his pants off--was he supposed to be offstage having sex with Robert Downey, Jr???

Jordin Sparks. Jesus Christ. That dress.

Republic guy (Vedder? Tedder?)--thank God Clay recorded OMWH and not this guy.

Biker chick--I waited eagerly for her to stop dead in her tracks during the little dance routine, shout "FUCK YOU" and march off the stage. Alas.

Bryan Adams and George Michael--I enjoyed them.

Jonas boys--Where will they be in 5 years? Make that one year.

Carrie--what the hell was with that mini-skirted wedding dress? Her songs are starting to sound alike. I thought this was the keying the car song until she was almost done.

Commercials--GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! They must have set a world record for the number of commercials.

Little weird guy and the marching band--OMG. (And they couldn't fit Clay in????)

Weird Indian movie thing--what the shit was THAT???? It was not remotely funny. They must have paid BIG BUCKS for that promotion.

Clay--still the one.