#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Yeah - Poor little David - didn't it start with Clay right after the Idol finale?

I hate to feed the vultures, tho, by giving them hits, so I don't usually.

Other than that, I got nothin' -- it's been a very low-key day and I've accomplished barely anything!! I do, however, feel surprisingly rested! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I read kareneh's blog - THANKS! and loved the photo!!! (the link was a little screwy tho, it had an extra /t on the end which, after I removed it, took me to the blog.)

~~~

OK - the very LAST thing I want to do is to get into a political debate, but this just fell across my lap, and I thought it was very well done.

Obama For Change - Grace of God

(NOTE: don't go here if a pro-Obama message might offend you)

The comments were very positive, especially one which says "Clay Aiken is America's Best Kept Secret."

From everyone but us it seems!

:party038:

need more pretties on this page!!!

ClimmelHairFlip_DangHesHot.gif

Happy Memorial Day weekend peeps!! Going to see Indiana Jones on Monday with the kids.

lucky - can't wait for Narnia either!!!

eta: woooooo hooooo!! I made it to Executive Producer! :D

Whenever Clay is asked about what advice he would give to the Idol contestants, I'm always hoping he'll say: "Get a good lawyer." :imgtongue:

Actually I watched Entertainment Tonight or one of those shows with Donna Summer on it. They asked her what her advice was for the Idol winner and that was the first thing she said.

I think that Ruben also advised the first Canadian Idol candidates to "read the fine print."

Clay was giving an interview recently and was asked about appearing on Idol this year, and his response was something like: "How could I advise this group of contestants? They've been in the business longer than me!" LOLOL

DangImGood.gif

LOVE this!

Can you tell me about this clip? What's he doing? What's it from?

I know it's Christmas, but can you tell me more?

LOVE when his hair has movement!

:)

I'm thinking it was Baltimore:

59Balt-1.jpg

yum10.jpg

But maybe it was Englewood:

115765652-M-1.jpg

Englewoodtongue.jpg

I want to know when this one was taken ... and who he was looking at!

115765534-L-1.jpg

It was Baltimore, pre TCS, when he saw Farouche in the audience and remembered her name from the previous year.

:)

1:21 in 061206_Baltimore_Banter2_cct.wmv (cha cha trusty's vid)

Heh, Clay's not the only one with a "memory like an elephant". LOL!

Well....I was going to post something but got on here and have been mesmerized by the gifs in the last couple of posts for an embarrassingly long while. As a result, I've completely forgotten what I was going to say.

:huh:

Whoa. He's such a shit. All the talk earlier about how he doesn't believe he's sexy or hot or whatever? I think he does. But I also think he doesn't want to say he is. It's a safer place to be in the public eye---to be self-deprecating. For one thing, sexy has different meanings to different people. The mainstream 'sexy'---the one that's pushed in our faces all the time--certainly is NOT Clay Aiken. He knows THAT, for sure, so for him to accept someone's suggestion that he's sexy, in an interview, would be just ASKING for ridicule, and he's a smart man to know that.

Doesn't mean that he doesn't consider himself sexy...or sensual...or sexual. He just doesn't need to talk about it, doesn't have to claim to be sexy or prove it by showing off, etc. Hell, he knows that his freakin' voice is enough to do it for lots of women. When he sings, he oozes sexuality---confidence and passion and self-awareness. Gawd, now THAT'S sexy.

As long as the stupid interviewer keeps asking the whole 'are you sexy' thing, I'm expecting him to keep on giving the same 'aw shucks' answer. And keep on killin' us all dead with an eyefuck or a wink or a grin or a mic stand debacle or a tongue waggle or a glory note or .....

NAT Rhode Island YGAF, anyone? :sleezy:

edited because 'sleazy' is not how you spell 'sleezy'...and misspellings won't make the emoticon appear. I can DO sleezy better than I can spell it... heh.... :sleezy:

Hi Muski,

Yep, I do think that he knows he is hot. Do not expect him to say he is either. Just wish he would not call himself geeky when he knows full well that he no longer is. There is no need for him to say anything. He just is! And don't we all know it. It is just not a believable comment for him to make when viewers can see that he is good looking. JMO

KF, thanks for the reminder about the original Steely Dan band. That was the first concert I ever attended -- Winterland 1972 - Slade, Steely Dan, and Humble Pie. I spent about three hours today on YouTube watching old Steely Dan (on The Midnight Special in '73) and Steve Marriott (Small Faces and Pie) videos... good times! Music is an amazing memory machine, isn't it? Even when there's no way I should be remembering those days - hah!

Oooh...first concerts? Mine was in 1971--indoor Chicago concert in Richmond, VA. Then I saw Three Dog Night in Greensboro in early '72.

THEN! For my birthday one summer, my roomie treated me to my first outdoor concert in Wash. DC.--The Rolling Stones! And Stevie Wonder opened! Whoa! And the grounds opened at 10 am and we went in a van and sat outside eating and drinking for hours and then it was first-come, first-served seating and the gates opened at 4 pm for an 8 pm concert time and the beer and funny smokes were all flowing and it was a hot July 4 day and evening and I was a newly-turned 19 year old and it was GRAND! :clap:

Hi Desertrose. No, I'm not, and I'm sure they are missing me terribly! On second thought, KAndre is probably quite pleased she doesn't have to lower the thermostat too much. She'd be happiest at 80 degrees, and I'd need a bag of frozen peas on my neck! But I do plan to see my "eHPs" sometime this weekend. After going through these pictures, I definitely need a go on the iGallop! Is Scarlett still on that thing?? Is Solo winning back the affections of KAndre's cat? Yeah, I've got to check this out.

When I think of a guy who thinks he's sexy I think of someone in a polyester suit with the shirt open to his navel and fake gold chains around his neck. I can't imagine an honest man thinking he was sexy. I do think over the past 5 years Clay has realized he is attractive to females - he just doesn't understand why! I truly think the only thing he's really totally confident with is his voice! He KNOWS he has a beautiful voice. That's been the one constant thing in his life. I just love it when people like Tyra Banks, Rachel Ray and even Hannah Waddingham acknowledge his magnetism! There are others as well..... I think the sexiest thing about Clay (welllll - other than that tight little tush - okay, I'm shallow! Deal with it!) is the fact he is relatively unassuming about what attracts women to him.

And I miss him. Where arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre you Clay? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: Finally called the cable company and the verdict is my remote is dead! May it rest in peace. I can, however, change channels, etc. through the cable box. All is not lost!!!

Whoa, nice gifs! At least I can go to bed tonight thinking about those instead of the Charles Bronson/Death Wish movie marathon I've been watching all night.

Iseeme, glad you got the remote problem figured out. I miss Clay too...I wish he'd blog.

Night nite everyone. :countingsheep:

Had a wonderful day with PerusingOne. She is a very very calm navigator. Didn't scream or anything when I took a wrong exit, almost went down a one way street, made a wrong turn or went into an area that said DO NOT ENTER. Lord I hate driving in San Francisco. Is there an actual phobia for that. I just tense all up. Anyway, since I hardly go there even though it's just across a bridge from me...we did touristy thang and went to Pier 39, ate and shopped and chatted and picked up treats for the eHP. heh. She should be winging her way towards ya'll now. She's great company!!

Are you sure you picked up the right PerusingOne? Because the one we knew is the epitome of shrieking!

bwah...well she is the first one night clay stand I ever had..and I may not have known what she looked like then, or anything else about her for that matter, but I did just spend time with her in NYC so yep..it was her. heee.

As an artist, Clay compares himself to Justin Timberlake, who is considered the coolest of the cool by some (not me) and finds himself not cool. In high school, he never considered himself one of the cool kids and since they had tormented him since grade school, probably doesn't want in the least to be cool. He knows he's going against the stream, but heck, he always has so he's actually comfortable with it, I think. I think we're stuck with it, unless he meets someone who convinces him otherwise. Crossing fingers here!!! I am reading this while listening to "The Real Me." This certainly gives more meaning to the comments being made. Isn't going against the stream considered cool? One thing for sure, he is very comfortable with changing hair color. That shows to me that he is not adverse to change because his hair color choices have been pretty brave and drastic. Love the Scarlett Brad Pitt comment. Like KF, I have also had all the colors available from most of the brands over my lifetime. :cryingwlaughter:

Sometimes, I suspect that he really does realize that he no longer is nerdy, but has become gorgeous and sexy and is embarrassed to acknowledge that in interviews. The man has enough money to buy a good mirror for God's sake! Maybe we should chip in and buy him one. He has said that he doesn't know why we like his ass, yet he flipped his coat tails during Spamalot to show it to us. The man knows how to work us. He knows his "stuff" is good. I too am crossing my fingers!!!!

Well, from LTS, I got the impression that his problem with bullying disappeared when he changed how he felt about himself. I think that was one of the reasons why he wrote the book, to let other nerds etc know that you can change how others feel about you when you change how you feel about yourself. He was a guest on Dr Philgud's show when the topic was about bullying. The impression I also got was it didn't matter about being uncool or nerdy, because that didn't change about him, the only thing that changed was how he felt about himself.

The attention from women is a different thing though. Women, being the shallow creatures we are (well, at least as teens), Clay never got the kind of attention regular guys got from girls.

From LTS,

"It’s ironic to me how women go berserk over Clay now. They never even noticed him before." — Nick Leisey, longtime friend and right-hand man", [ Learning to Sing]

I think that when you get to be 23 and largely ignored by the opposite sex, it must be hard to suddenly accept that they are interested for the right reasons, whatever those may be. Think about it.... the only thing that changed after Idol was that he had way more money, had a make-over, and became a celebrity. Otherwise, he was/is still the same person. Why didn't the ladies like him before his money, make-over and celebrity status? Maybe I am reading way too much into it but one of the hard facts of life is that most people operate more favorably under fair-weather conditions.

One thing is so glaringly obvious - the people who were important to him before Idol have become much more important to him post-Idol. They represented the people who loved him unconditionally. He has made it clear, the pre-Idol people in his life can call him Clayton. With rare exceptions, everyone else he has met since Idol has to call him Clay. He mentions in LTS: "During the run of the show, I began to get calls from people I had known in school who had never even spoken to me before. People who had ignored me or gossiped about me in the locker room, people who would not have spit in my mouth if my teeth were on fire. Now they were calling me, my mama and my actual friends and talking about how close we had been back in the day. All I could do was laugh.

I think the reason why Quiana is so special to him is because she was possibly his first genuine friend in Idol. Long before he was chosen for the semis, she was by his side. On his MySpace friends list, Quiana is positioned second, the only one ahead is Brett.

Here they are, rehearsing together in the early days in Hollywood

She was his friend when he still looked like a nerd, and no one knew his name except his friends and family.

For me, Clay's most attractive qualities are his sensitivity and loyalty. His sensitivity is what puts the right punch in the songs he sings. My only real disappointment in him is that he does not see himself as a song-writer. How can someone of his sensitivity and intelligence not be a song-writer?

Anyway, that's my take on Clay, the man.

When I think of a guy who thinks he's sexy I think of someone in a polyester suit with the shirt open to his navel and fake gold chains around his neck. I can't imagine an honest man thinking he was sexy. I do think over the past 5 years Clay has realized he is attractive to females - he just doesn't understand why! I truly think the only thing he's really totally confident with is his voice! He KNOWS he has a beautiful voice. That's been the one constant thing in his life. I just love it when people like Tyra Banks, Rachel Ray and even Hannah Waddingham acknowledge his magnetism! There are others as well..... I think the sexiest thing about Clay (welllll - other than that tight little tush - okay, I'm shallow! Deal with it!) is the fact he is relatively unassuming about what attracts women to him.

Great post, and you saved me from having to put my thoughts into words.

First concerts? Well, the very first one is kind of embarrassing......it was in the days when we used to be able to enjoy free concerts under the tent at Ontario Place in Toronto. It was KC and the Sunshine Band,but hey, at least I didn't pay for it. ;) That same year, 1976, I saw the Bay City Rollers for the first time (eeeeeeeeeeee!). *waves to ldyjocelyn* After that, I became a concert ho. I saw probably hundreds of concerts in and around Toronto in the late seventies and eighties. Rod Stewart, Barry Manilow, Burton Cummings, Elton John, Phil Collins, the Rolling Stones' famous 'concert for the blind' in Oshawa in 1978, Donovan in a little intimate venue, Paul McCartney, Ringo Starr, Chuck Berry in a bar in Kitchener.......I used to keep a scrapbook of them, I should dig it out sometime. My tastes were pretty eclectic, LOL, but tended toward classic rock (i.e. 50s & 60s) or pop. Then I had kids and it all went out the window for a decade or so, hee. More recently I stick to acts that have been around for decades but are still touring (which means my non-Clay concerts are pretty few and far between)......Cher, Elton John, reuniting members of the Guess Who, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton. Pre-Clay, I'd only once ever crossed the border for a concert, and that was to see Paul McCartney in Auburn Hills, MI a few years back. If you'd told me 5 years ago that I would be traipsing 'round the US of A, sometimes by plane, following a 20 something pop singer, I'd have told you you were mad! :cryingwlaughter:

Is it time for the next concert tour yet? I'm itching to drive across the border again. :imgtongue:

Good Morning Everyone,

Off to my MIL for the rest of the week-end, we will be back sometime tomorrow, so no countdown tomorrow morning.

2 Days until Clay's AOL Sessions!

4 Days until Leno Repeats!

5 Days until Kimmel Repeats!

30 Days until The Music Pass is available!

Everyone have a great day!

Kim