#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Thank you all.

And, luckiest1 it was also good for me to be reminded

Now, hypothetically, if Clay, at some point in the future, changed his tune and said that he was gay, I wouldn't consider that he had been lying to us in the past, because I don't believe that sexuality is black and white, and some people change how they self-identify as they get older, be it for emotional reasons or because of strict religious beliefs or what have you.
because I do know a few people who have changed later in life.

It is close to impossible to tell how people's minds work. I know a young male, 26 years old who has a sister who is gay and has a life partner. He adores his sister and is close to her partner. The gay couple is accepted by his family and are included in all family functions. Yet, this young man is homophobic when it comes to gay males. Go figure? He recently found out that his college roommate was gay, and he was horrified. To which I asked, did he ever come on to you? Did you ever even guess he was gay. His answer was no to both. So I asked, then what is your problem? First thing he asks me when he sees me is "do you still believe that Clay is not gay?" Now thanks to this conversation, I have the perfect answer: Why do you need to know? Do you want to sleep with him? This should stop him from asking me the question. Other than this homophobia, he is a wonderful young man.

Happy Birthday, laljeterfan! :Pogo0: You share a birthday with my daughter, Carrie!

I love the "Well, since I'm never going to get a chance to have sex with him myself, I really don't care!" answer! Because that happens to be true! :cryingwlaughter:

Damnit. :cry4:

Yeay! Give Mama Couchie an extra hug from me, 'kay? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

So on CH they're talking about who might be somebody who could either open for or co-headline with Clay on tour as a way to reach and expand a larger fan base. Hmmm.....anybody here want to take a shot at this concept. It's interesting to me...

I see a co-headlining tour being more successful at expanding a fanbase. Someone who has a name--is known and perhaps industry respected, but whose 'niche' is a bit different---maybe a singer/songwriter type? Or to go in the other direction, maybe a group that has 'street cred'?

Who? Who?

:think:

May I just say that reading here the last week or so has been a fun time! From learning about all the axe murderer meet ups, to the first of multiple concert experiences to the endless thoughts and opinions on everything Clay.

This is what I love about the FCA.

Thank you ladies!

Me?

First Clay fan friend? Met her at a DQ...neutral territory....and seriously, what can go wrong over a hot fudge sundae?! (Hubby told me a year later that her was so upset that I didn't let him know first that I was going to meet some stranger I had met on line! Hello? He was 5 hours away hiking in the UP woods when the offer came up!) She and I are still great friends, along with 2-4 others, we concert together often.

I believe I meet of few of you at the book collection in November.....but for the life of me, the evening was so full.....I can't recall who I met for sure anymore.... *sigh* There definitely weren't any axe's around!

First concert? Beau Brummel, The Yardbirds, Terry Knight and the Pack at Flint's old IMA theater. I remember being so frustrated because the dang girls wouldn't stop screaming!!!

People implying Clay is gay?! My usual response is, "Who cares?" Or....."And that matter's ,why?"

Happy Birthday lajeterfan!

HappyBirthdayKDTWStransp-1.gif

Happy Birthday laljeterfan and Mama Couchie!

The small town where I grew up and even where I live now weren't known for entertainment. It's gotten a little better in the past 15 years or so. We were lucky to have one big name artist come per year. The very first concert was Anne Murray...my mom took me. Then it was the Hollies, Merle Haggard and Marty Robbins. I'll take back Merle Haggard...he was too drunk to perform that night, so his back-up singers and band had to do the show without him. The first concert I ever traveled to was in 1976 to see The Guess Who...I thought Burton Cummings was HAWT! Fleetwood Mac opened for them.

Then I moved to where I live now and got a job initially doing photography for a radio station. That job turned into a full time position that I held for 5 years. My point is that I got free tickets to lots of good concerts. I got to spend an hour with Wynonna on her bus doing some photography and that was kind of fun. But since then I've seen Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, too many country artists to mention. I did travel to Spokane to see The Eagles...next to Clay, that was the best concert ever.

Yikes...after reacing cha cha's post down below I totally forgot about Paul McCartney in 2002.

Clay is the only one I've ever flown somewhere to see.

Dilana (from Rock Star in a smokey little bar in No Va) not to tour this summer. :D

How was she in that setting? She was decent in the Rockstar Supernova concert, but she didn't get much stage time. None of the music was bad, actually, and I liked Lukas. The production was abysmal, however, and the attitudes of the rock stars (Tommy Lee, in particular) was such a turn off.

I have a few concerts coming up. I guess I'm hoping to fill in the Clay void. I'm going to see Death Cab for Cutie in June, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss in July, and I'm considering a CCM concert in September (Switchfoot, Third Day and Jars of Clay). I'm not into CCM, typically, but I'm a Switchfoot fan. I saw them a few years ago at the Electric Factory in Philadlphia - great place to see a show. I saw Howie Day there around that time, too - big waaaaste of time, although that's the night I discovered Nickel Creek, who were an opening act for big ego guy, so it wasn't all bad. Muski, you mentioned the Spectrum. Is your husband from the Philadelphia area?

Thank you all.

And, luckiest1 it was also good for me to be reminded

Now, hypothetically, if Clay, at some point in the future, changed his tune and said that he was gay, I wouldn't consider that he had been lying to us in the past, because I don't believe that sexuality is black and white, and some people change how they self-identify as they get older, be it for emotional reasons or because of strict religious beliefs or what have you.
because I do know a few people who have changed later in life.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I love this board.

rohdy, I think I met you in Kalamazoo! :)

Muski, you mentioned the Spectrum. Is your husband from the Philadelphia area?

Yep...he's from Newark, DE....grew up a big Phillies fan.

So...nobody cares to suggest a co-headliner for Clay in concert? My husband suggests One Republic or Maroon 5. Heh. I can't see either one of those sharing a stage with Clay Aiken...Now he's saying, Rhianna...Alicia Keyes...

:cryingwlaughter:

I've been reading thru everyone's first concert memories, and trying to remember that far back!!

I remember being highly disappointed when the Beatles came to DC and played the DC Armory, that was a a few days after their Ed Sullivan appearance, and I couldn't go because I had no idea how or where to get tickets. I grew up near DC but about 30 miles west out where it was still boonies. (As opposed to now, where it's all suburbia.)

That was February 1964, and I was in high school. So the next group who came there I was determined to go. It was the Rolling Stones. 1964. That started a long succession of concerts, including the BEATLES at Shea Stadium in 1965. (eeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

The Beatles were my first love. I have still not forgiven my husband who shrugged off the Paul McCartney Wings concert in 76, and talked me out of going by simply saying "we don't need to go to that, do we?" That's true love for ya. :)

I made up for it by spending the night in a parking lot in 1990 to get tickets for his July 4th Show at RFK Stadium in DC. I went with mrchach, #1 & #2 chachadotters (age 12) and a couple of coworkers.

#3 & #4 chachadotters stayed with their nana that night and so on the way to retrieve them, I heard on the radio that a record store in No Va was giving away free tickets to the next concert on July 6th. Well, I wasn't going to pass that up! I took myself and all four daughters to the record store and stood in line for about 3 hours and got TEN TICKETS to the 4/6 concert!! Albeit, they were nosebleed seats, but nevertheless, we were there, and it was fantastic! I took all 4 kids, some of their friends, mrchach, a couple more coworkers. It was great!! I saw Paul McCartney twice more in 2002 when he came again to DC to the MCI Center. More fun times. That was the first time I'd ever gotten anywhere close - it was like the 13th row or something. GAH! My friend and I got on the local news because I was handing out buttons. :D

I am sooooooooooooo jealous. I wanted to go to Wings, but in 1976, I was only 13, and was deemed "too young" by my parents. I managed to get them to let me go to the BCR only with my brother as a chaperone (don't ask me how they made that decision, he was 2 years younger than me)!!!! But I am soooooooooooooo jealous. :)

Co-headline with Clay.....hmmmmm! Taylor Swift? I have no clue! But I think Maroon 5 can probably carry their own weight in a concert....but it would be interesting to see Clay co-headline with a group rather than an individual!!!!

Just noticed that when I'm posting and i look up - all I see are Clay lips from the banner! (can you tell it's a slow day here in the mountains?)

I am probably very naive with this thought but I still fail to understand the obsession with whether a public figure is gay or not. It never has made sense to me. It has nothing to do with his or her talent - be they singers or actors or Olymic divers or whatever. There is this almost prurient curiosity about a public person's sexual life. I've never ever thought Clay was gay! Effemimate sometimes but also self-admittedly. It's almost as if in the absence of a niche for him and his music (which I ALSO don't understand - was just at K-Mart and looked at Buble's latest covers CD........)they have to make one up. And having taken that stance are unwilling to back off because there's nothing else to talk about. God forbid anyone should see him as the caring individual he is with his charity and his UNICEF work. I guess that tabloid readers would be bored with that.

One year ago, in May 2007, I knew absolutely no one in the fandom. When I joined FCA last year and merrieeee realized that I live in the Houston area, she invited me to lunch one Saturday last May and I drove 60 miles across town and met merrieeee, KAndre, Kareneh, Scarlett, and Solo standing outside a barbecue joint. Soon 00lsee and PerusingOne arrived. After what I would learn to be a typically loud and boisterous eHP lunch, we departed for Hobby Lobby, and I was officially inducted into the group when KAndre forced me to buy glitter. My compliance bestowed everlasting minionhood. Yes, I bought several colors of glitter, what of it? Next I found myself at merrieeee's house where PerusingOne opened her travel bags and produced this contraband known as Cheez Doodles, which were devoured by the lovers of cheez, which apparently is everyone in the eHP other an me. It's the "Official Snack of the eHP" -- only you can't get it in Texas.

Plans were made to meet in two weeks to work on nametags. Clay soap. and slipknots for tiny horses. For that work session, I summoned my sister, an arts & craps aficionado who possesed not one, but TWO glue guns. By the time the evening ended -- oh wait, the evening didn't end -- by the next morning I was committed to seeing Clay Aiken for the first time ever in Dallas. The eHP makes offers you can't refuse. Be forewarned if you haven't met them, they are highly addictive.

So when July 4th FINALLY rolled around, I trek back to merrieeee's, and after Scarlett finally showed up, and I met Playbiller for the first time, and after KAndre happily accepted the red, white and blue sparkly/glittery cap (because we minions have responsibilities), it's off to my Virgin Clay Experience. That afternoon in Dallas, KAndre and I make a run to Love Field to pick up muskifest and Claygasm.

After spending the night in Dallas at the home of a total stranger, who was the most congenial and lovely person, it's back to Houston with Playbiller and I drop her off at the Hyatt in downtown Houston, but not before going the wrong way down a one way street. I have worked in downtown Houston for over 25 years. I know it like the back of my hand. So, I suppose the fact that I was going the wrong way on Clay Street evidenced the complete fog I was in. I know Play was relieved when I pulled up at the Hyatt!

The next day I went to a pre-show confab and met many, many people, and hooked up with ldyjocelyn who would be spending the night with axe-murderers my sister and me. Following that unforgettable concert, ldyjocelyn invited my sister and I up to her room, and that's where I first met HeidiHo -- whom I would later meet in another hotel room in NJ! (I love you, HeidiHo!)

Next morning it was on to Tulsa and as soon as we got to the hotel we ran into our roomie Clayzorback -- who is the cutest thing and most dynamic and fun person to be with. Yeah, security was calling the room that night, probably because I could never learn to laugh quietly .. especially after the best damned martinis in the world! Clayzor is not only a gourmet cook, she makes a bad-ass martini. And then I met sheiladownunder and thoroughly enjoyed hearing of the escapades of Clayzor and sheila as they searched for ice on an upper floor. Hmmmmm.

I flew alone to Florida last August and was picked up by another stranger who wouldn't be a stranger for long -- Kimiye! (Oh Kimiye, I really look forward to seeing you in Houston soon!) Kimiye and I arrived at the hotel at the same time the eHP were literally falling out of their car, having just returned from another roller coaster experience and finding a new cell phone for KAndre who left hers at Busch Gardens. Florida was just a gas all the way around -- Clay was magnificent and funny and wonderful and it was all just FUN. I got to know the lovely Ficus, such a sweetie she is. I also got to know/see/sit by/observe some of the notorious fans and some of the nicest fans -- and even had a FC experience that was such bullshit I still can't believe anybody swallowed that crap.

I didn't make any Christmas shows because that old thing called WORK. Dammit. But did enjoy another eHP dinner in February when muskifest was in town, and we all got to meet the lovely Desertrose. Hope to see you again soon, DR!

I went to NY with the eHP in April and saw Spamalot five times, and it wasn't enough!!! I finally got to meet the fabulous Couch Tomato, eeeeeeeeeeee, and her friend whose screen name I don't know (if she has a screen name), and the beautiful ShellyC, all the while wandering around the city with 00lsee (such a doll, she is) and the amazing merrieeee-Jane, and rooming with HeidiHo, who I think I'm now engaged to. The rest of the eHP were riding wooden roller coasters and eating PhillyFood! At Spamalot I was able to reconnect with Claygasm and Playbiller, although too briefly.

So welcome to all the newbies. The way things have gone for me in the past twelve months, there's a good chance that you could be sleeping with me in a strange town before long! So be nice! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You won't believe this but sheiladownunder and I were sitting here, at my house, drinking these martinis when you posted this trip down memory lane. :cryingwlaughter: We had two apiece. What a fun trip that was. I had a ball meeting you, your sister, and ldyjopcelyn. Fun meeting karen'eh,atinal, thanks again for the keychain. I got to meet lots of people that trip but only briefly. Sorry I can't remember everyone of them's names. Please don't feel slighted, I'm just forgetful. Didn't get to spend any time with them. Like merrieeee, solo, and KAndre as she was leaving the table to go get dirnks. I've met lots fans, patty2sink and her daughter and grandson, some fellow Arkansas fans. I even briefly got to meet the infamous Scarlett, who I think is just the cutest, petite, little dynamo.

Sheiladownunder came over to go see One Republic with me Friday night. We went to eat at Market Place Grill first. Concert was fun, but the acoustics are not very good for outdoor amphitheaters. They didn't have the same energy that Clay exudes. Ryan Tedder came out on crutches because he had hurt his Achillees? tendon. My sister and her two daughters and grand daughter were there. My neice got to win a meet and greet for winning the best poster contest and got two autographed 8x10 glossies of the band. The grandaughter got to get a meet and greet too, for submitting the best poem. Radio contests. They were all so excited about that. Then sheila and I came home had a couple of drinks and stayed up untill after 1, playing catch up. We slept in, then we went over to Eureka Springs Saturday. Only there was constuction going on and I missed my turnoff and we went probably about 20 miles the wrong direction. :cryingwlaughter: If you are going to get lost going someplace you've been 50 times before, it is good to get lost with great company. Coming home was no problem. We opened the moonroof, the windows and cranked Ashes and Fallen out the CD player, at full volume. Wind blowing in our hair, wearing our cool sunglasses and feeling like we were 16 again. God what a high. It was exhilarating. I talked her into staying Saturday night with me too, and now she is gone. Sniff, sniff.

And a few more for Saturday night ...

NewarkSRHPNoThankYoumedbyLDB-1.gif

clayatd_gerwhisp.gif

gmaclay.gif

This one's for Clayzorback:

MicStand.gif

You did good. Thanks for the shoutouts. I used that as my avatar on OFC for awhile. Of course every prude on the board had to PM Ralighaikenfan to see if she could get me to remove it. :lmaosmiley-1: I didn't. Not for a long time anyway. Hell I don't know what I was using when I quit the board.

Good morning. Rain has stopped temporarily. Everything is soggy and green. Verra verra nice.

What is "maple tree helicopter hell?" It doesn't sound good.....

My first concert............Johnny Mathis at the California State Fair! I think I was 8 years old and couldn't see a thing. Living in the Bay Area we have quite a few venues and there was a time when I went to concerts 2-3 times a month, had subscriptions to a couple of the venues, etc. I have seen Lyle Lovett about 20 times (ducks, giggling) but my favorite concerts and people to see in concert pre-Clay were: James Taylor, Annie Lenox, Sting, Paul Simon, Robert Cray (anytime he's within driving distance,)Kenny Loggins, Doobie Brothers and Ottmar Liebert. Now living in the mountains, it's a major effort to go to a concert and the ticket prices are outrageous. So I wait for Clay!

I need to reread LTS. So many comments have deeper meaning to me now after the past 5 years.

As for David A........I knew the "talk" would start. It's inevitable if you have a sweet, seemingly sensitive guy who isn't grabbing his crotch or has facial hair and a macho attitude that some asshat is going to start the gay rumors. I just wonder if he and his family are going to be able to handle it as well as Clay has handled it. There are times when I wish Clay would just look directly at the camera and say once again I.AM.NOT.GAY but he's stubborn and he won't do it. And frankly, even then it wouldn't make any difference. Alot of us have said he'll be 40 years old with a wife and 4 little red-headed, green-eyed kids and they will STILL talk about him.

In order to have that happen, doesn't he sort of have to date first? :whistling-1: I know he stays busy but if he is going to be married with two red headed chillen when he is 40 he better hurry. He's only got 10 years. :cryingwlaughter: Somehow I don't see him using a mail order service for choosing a bride.

Suggestions? Anyone?

Who gives a shit?

:cocktail:

Best answer for me too. I know I don't. I also don't feel the need to try and prove he is or isn't. Many people think he is, people who are not so invested in him, and you are not going to change their minds about it. When and if he does come out about it, I won't consider him to have been lying either, but being torn about it for many reasons. His career, his religion, his religious fans who don't accept that lifestyle, and his family and friends, for the same reason.

Good to see YSRN and Jenna posting. Jenna always has great posts with content that has a lot of commen sense stuff and it always shows she is thinking things through. Ansamcw also makes great posts like that and I love to read and nod my head along in agreement. I also enjoy Claygam's honesty and objectivity. I also enjoy reading keepingfaith, couchie and a couple of others. Hope everyone is having a great Memorial Day weekend. I know I have......... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Where the heck has Shania Twain been lately? I'd think that would be a kick ass concert but Shania coming down from the Alps might just be a wee bit too big. I bet she'd put the kibosh on the pictures, too.....but it would be fun. Gosh, muski, this is a toughie......I was just checking out who is going to be at the Woodlands Pavilion this summer to see if I might be in Houston when someone I really wanted to see was playing and I noticed that most of the acts were doubling up. Counting Crows is out with Maroon 5. Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers with Steve Winwood. Sheryl Crow with James Blunt. Bryan Adams & Foreigner. Journey & Heart. Steve Miller & Joe Cocker. I know some of these guys have been around for a while, but those are none too shabby names up there. John Mayer is back again this year with Colbie Calliat (I saw that name posted somewhere but I have no clue who she is.) I bought Duffy's Rockferry the other day on a whim but still haven't listened to it, maybe tomorrow I'll do that. Who knows maybe she'd be a good one. But, as usual I haven't got a clue who she is other than I liked the CD title.

Let's see if he shared a bus with Alanis Morrisette, she could right some intriguing little songs when it was all over and we could spend most of 2009 trying to figure out the implication of each and every word. So there is an interesting side benefit to that pairing. ;) Norah Jones? Maybe.....too serious? I'd love to see Alison Krauss someday so.....Alison Krauss it is for me. Though I do think Clay can make himself big enough, live, on any stage so I do think a Shania pairing whether it makes sense on paper, or not, would be a great show.

That's the best I can come up with on short notice, my evening ended up being spent searching the hairiest dog on the planet for ticks. Found one and maybe a second. That doesn't count the one I spied on the kitchen wall tonight. :yow: The one that prompted the fine finger pat down. The day I came back here to Azerbaijan, John presented me with a little present inside of a folded paper towel, courtesy of Lena, the cleaning lady who found seven of the little bastards on Kenai. He also showed me a tick collar, still in the box, and I REALLY didn't think that would be enough. That dog hasn't ever been out of our courtyard! So.....those freaking things are creeping around out there waiting to attack. ICK!! Time to bring out the heavy artillery......as much as I hate to get into chemical spraying in a pretty much unregulated country. I am most certain there is a chemical available, probably down on the corner in a two liter pop bottle, that will solve my problem. Do I want to take the chance, that if I choose the blue nasty stuff in the two liter pop bottle, that it isn't really agent orange. We decided tonight that we'll get out of Dodge for the application and spend a few days at the staff apartment.....I'll send in recon to peer over the wall to see if we're defoliated or not. I will inquire at the vet's about a reputable bug killer sprayer but we have no Orkin men here....just probably some guy in slippers and a suit jacket. Who isn't going to understand 1) why I can't live with the ticks in the first place and 2) why I won't shake his hand when we agree on a price. :(

I need a bug master in the worst way, and I want to go home.

On to happier thoughts.....

Since everyone is the master of something here in my little corner of the world, I'll let Clay be the thigh master tonight. :hubbahubba:

:goodnight:

Ok, I just cleaned my house from top to bottom - all with Clay singing in my ear which makes it much more bearable. I don't clean often. I live alone, except for my cat (who contributes to the mess by constantly shedding!), and am anything but a clean freak, but it had finally gotten to me.

Just skimmed today quickly. Hmmm. First concert? I hate to admit it but it was the Monkees. What - I was like 11 years old or something! What did I know! After that most of my live music came from a little coffehouse called the Main Point. They didn't serve liquor which was good or they wouldn't have let me in since I started going when I was too young to drive! I saw lots of acts there, some who went on to much bigger things - James Taylor, Linda Ronstadt, Cat Stevens and even Bruce Springsteen! One of my favorites was Tim Buckley - Jeff Buckley's father, who also died way too young. It was small and only held about 50 people and I loved it. Too bad there aren't more places like that around today. Back in the larger places I saw the Beach Boys during one of their down times at the aforementioned Spectrum in Philly. Down time you ask? Why yes, as they were the opening act for the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi! Probably my dream concert was seeing my beloved George Harrison on his Dark Horse tour in 1974(?). I was in college in Maryland and it was finals week and he was playing in Philly and I remember I took one final, drove up to Philly for the concert that night, drove back the next morning and took another final that afternoon!

I wish I went to more concerts now but I seem to spend all my concert money on some hot singerman who was just in Spamalot, which ate up a lot of my leisure money! Worth every penny.

Co-headliner for Clay? Hmmm. Let's face it. It would have to be someone not that big. Maybe someone up and coming who would benefit the same way Clay would by hoping to expand their fan base. And, it would have to someone with compatible styles. You aren't going to get Usher to co-headline with Clay, for example. In theory it may be a good idea, but I wonder how many die hard Kelly fans became Clay fans and vice versa during the IT? I can't even think of who would be a good co-headiner. It would have to be someone who wants all those crazy, menopausal women in the audience. Who would want that???? :cryingwlaughter:

Last but not least :00003653: to laljeterfan!

:bday: to Mama Couchie!

And, :hb2: to muski's Carrie!

Forgive me, but I guess I just don't see what the value is in bringing stories like the one linked above around to all the boards???
laljeterfan, are you talking about the David A article i brought here? If yes, the reason is 1) because it has Clay mention and 2) it shows that he is not the only one facing these crap.

Yeah, I was referring to that article. I was debating saying anything, but one of my pet peeves is EVERY Clay mention, no matter how derogatory, being passed around the boards- and that includes nameless bloggers and bad jokes by late-night "comedians" and talk show hosts. I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in my dislike-(waves to Jamar and FromClaygary)

ah i see. I'm sorry if I made you guys feel uncomfortable with the article. As I said above, however, I brought it not just because of his mention, but also because it shows that he's not alone. Sometimes people asked why Clay seems to be the only one receiving all the crap (I have to admit i'm one of them) and this article might help them realize the bigger picture...this sad prejudice in the society. I pasted the whole thing so people don't have to click the links if they don't want it.

anyway, wishing you the happiest Birthday :F_05BL17blowkiss: sorry no balloons or pretty pix as I'm rushing to work.

Kareneh - I just read in the new People that Shania is getting the big D.I.V.O.R.C.E from her philandering hubby and music appears to be in her future again... so who knows what the future could hold.... :whistling-1:

Now, hypothetically, if Clay, at some point in the future, changed his tune and said that he was gay, I wouldn't consider that he had been lying to us in the past, because I don't believe that sexuality is black and white, and some people change how they self-identify as they get older, be it for emotional reasons or because of strict religious beliefs or what have you. I am not saying that I think Clay is gay, I am just saying that I am open minded enough to let everyone define their own sexuality. No one else has that right. So I ignore all the crap that gets written, and take Clay at his word.

I am obviously behind, but I love this. I would feel the same way.

Muski, you mentioned the Spectrum. Is your husband from the Philadelphia area?

Yep...he's from Newark, DE....grew up a big Phillies fan

Well, today's a good day to be a Phillies fan. They beat the Houston Astros 15-6. Tomorrow, one never knows....

I'm sorry if I made you guys feel uncomfortable with the article.

Didn't make me feel "uncomfortable" just don't see the point :shrug: As I said, anyone who is on the internet knows it isn't just Clay. Does pointing it out somehow make it better? Or more okay? I still think it's crap no matter who it's about. And crap is always something I try to step around.

First concert I ever attended was Clay's, or rather the AI one, but who cared about the others. It was in DC and it was so exciting even if he looked like a little ant from where I was sitting. I'd never even considered going to any others, partly because when i was growing up, I had a very stingy dad so spending money on a concert was out of the question. Then I had an almost equally stingy husband, so no concerts for me. And I really didn't mind that much because listening to music over screams never appealed to me, however for Clay, I am there no matter what. Got rid of the stingy husband and a lot of other baggage along the way.

As far as gossip, I hate it, and I ignore it as much as possible, including in my real life. If I aint friends with someone, what do I care who they are sleeping with, etc. Nobody keeps me in the loop anyway because they probably know that the conversation isn't going to go anywhere so they find others to share their thrills with. Although, I will admit that I would love to know all the intimate details of one Mr. Clay Aiken, but don't expect him to share them with me. And by the way, how do we know he hasn't been dating anyone? I doubt he's going to tell us about any dates anytime soon.

Have to go now to give my ladies a bath (work with DD individuals, nothing weird), so will try to catch up later.

I forgot to proclaim that today is a momentous one for us at Casa Muski. It is the day that hubby and I step into another stage of parenthood. Today my second (and last!) child is a teenager. Now we are parents of two teenaged daughters.

:scream:

muski... been there, done that... brace yourselves!!! My two DDs were 17 months apart, but luckily very different in personality. The oldest one made enough problems for the both of them, so the second one never gave me an ounce of trouble and is still my most stable kid. Good luck!!!

ETA- I was pleased this morning to wake up to an e-mail from Clay (OK, from the fan club, darn it!) wishing me a Happy Birthday. I was not so pleased when I went to the OFC and saw that B'day wishes were listed with my age! YUCK!

laljeterfan... and couchie's mama... :00003653:

You can go into personal preferences or profile or something like that and click for them not to include your age, by the way!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, and a big :00003653: to my fellow-celebraters, couchie's momma and muski's daughter. Our horoscope in this morning's paper says that this year the sky is the limit, we will be powerhouses both professionally and personally :cryingwlaughter: - make sure you let them know what a great year this is going to be for all of us!

The highlight of my special day was taking my son and his BFF to Lowe's and Walmart. :04: While at Wal-mart, 4 OMWH just happened to leap into my cart, to find new homes with the wonderful people who run The Way We Make A Difference. I highly recommend sending any extra CD's you may have purchased to them. http://www.thewaywemakeadifference.org/ In addition to collecting concert tickets, thay are also collecting CD's to be given to future recipients of the tickets.

We also went into a nearby pet store (BIG mistake) where I had to explain to my son that the 3 cats we already have are more than enough, even though they had two really sweet little kittens there. Thankfully, when I inquired about them, they were both already spoken for. Made my life easier- my son is a world champion nagger when he wants something.

Right now I'm eating a piece of carrot cake cheesecake from Juniors- my cousin ordered it for me for my b'day. Tres delicious!

All in all, the best time I ever had at a live music venue was when kd lang and the reclines would come through the bars and the clubs in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Maybe it was the beer or because they were relatively small places but back in the early eighties put that girl in a cowboy bar and you had something special. Really really special.

Oh, I would've loved to have seen that!

Back to the topic of songs and songwriters. Not every good song is written from personal experience. Johnny Cash had never set foot in a prison when he wrote "Folsom Prison Blues". He wrote it while stationed in Germany after seeing a documentary.

Some people have the ability to capture a place, an emotion or message even when they've never been there, never felt that way or even don't agree. Writing is a bit like acting, you don't have to be mad to play King Lear.

Worth quoting. I think of Clay as the kind of singer who can interpret others feelings and bring them to life. I'm not really that interest in hearing him bear his soul about his own inner life, unless he chooses to do so, wants to do so.

Last but not least :00003653: to laljeterfan!

:bday: to Mama Couchie!

And, :hb2: to muski's Carrie!

Stealing this beauty. Happy birthday all!! :F_05BL17blowkiss: