#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

I can't imagine anything he could have done -- including Idol -- that would have garnered more buzz than this!

Next to consider -- if it's true -- where will the baby be born?

LA?

Raleigh?

Vancouver?

Could he be expecting his very own little Claynadian Princess?

Of course he'll name her Carolina.

I know and IF its true...I don't care about the how or why...just thrilled that Clay will have a BABY!!!!

ok...can;t get too excited until we hear from the Clay camp...hee

Gah...I wonder if Jimmy will have something to say about this!!!

This really will explain why he wanted to release this CD this May...so he can just enjoy the moment in August...IF ITS TRUE!!!

Here's hoping its true if that's what Clay wants. With all that money between the two of them there is no reason the child couldn't go on tour and live on both coasts. Lucky kid. :7:

I'm kind of shocked that some people think that it's disgraceful. Whatever the facts, that's one lucky kid. They must be so excited. I hope they'll share baby pics and give us progress reports. :clap:

I think were gonna need some baby buggy emoticons.

NAh...that just very predictable...so is he still in LA????

I agree with KF that Jaymes is the one to speak of it whenever she is ready. I do hope that she is ready soon so as to stop all the media speculation when she either confirms or denys. If true, I also feel that Clay should be standing next to her proud as a peacock. I see nothing wrong with the situation since the two of them have had a long standing relationship. I just do not understand why the method of impregnation is being reported. It is nobody's damn business except Jaymes and Clay's. Since the public thrives on this sort of publicity whether confirmed or not, this might even improve his sales. If true that baby will be beautiful and will probably come out singing.

I'm kind of shocked that some people think that it's disgraceful. Whatever the facts, that's one lucky kid. They must be so excited.

Yeah, whatever. If it's true (and I am also waiting on Clay's statement since the first one apparently came from Jaymes' camp) I think it's wonderful for both of them. :wub:

Disgraceful? Really? Wow. That never crossed my mind at all. Mainly because if this is true (and it seems to be as each minute ticks by), then to me it means that for the last four years Clay has been in a very mutually loving and nurturing relationship. They've spent lots of time together and had lots of time to get to know each other well. They've weathered really shitty stuff as a team.

This baby---if indeed it exists and if indeed it's Clay's---was no accident. (Obviously not if it's by artificial insemination! :cryingwlaughter: )...It was a beloved choice made by two committed adults who love each other---however they are defining their love. Maybe...maybe they won't ever get married? Maybe they will. Maybe Clay will be the bestest birth father ever and lifelong partner for Jaymes for whatever she needs. Maybe he'll eventually have another family, too.

I have no idea.

I do know this: Clay is an amazing man, an amazing human being and any woman would be lucky to have him as part of her life. And any child will be blessed to have him as a father---through whatever circumstances.

I've always wondered about the relationship between these two---She's an attractive, vibrant, intelligent and independent woman who has her own interests and professional success. She doesn't need Clay's money or fame, and she's accustomed to life in the spotlight--she understands and so can empathize with him. She's the 'seasoned woman' that Clay basically described way back on Ryan's tv show when asked what kind of woman he's looking for...And I've also always thougth Clay would be drawn to an older woman---for many reasons.

Some time ago I remember reading from someone who evidently knows the family that all the bullshit out there doesn't bother Clay really because he's been 'in a committed relationship for a while and is very happy". Makes lots of sense to me if this whole scenario plays out to be true.

And yeah...she calls him Clayton.

ETA: Desertrose, this is beautiful!

If true that baby will be beautiful and will probably come out singing.

I'm still processing....still processing....w.o.w.

Yes. That's where I am, too.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me if Clay doesn't shed any light on the nature of their relationship. Why should he? He's a private guy. For all we know, they could have been married in a private ceremony last year or something. In any case, it doesn't much matter to me. I think it's pretty clear that they love each other (whether in a romantic or platonic way) and have committed to having a child together (assuming that the story is true). Not saying I'm not curious, but it's really none of my business. I am just so ding dang happy for them both! Can't wipe the smile off my face.

ETA: Ha ha, cha cha, beat you to it by 2 minutes! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm kind of shocked that some people think that it's disgraceful. Whatever the facts, that's one lucky kid. They must be so excited.

Yeah, whatever. If it's true (and I am also waiting on Clay's statement since the first one apparently came from Jaymes' camp) I think it's wonderful for both of them. :wub:

If they have been secretly making a baby, has anyone considered the possiblity that they may be secretly married???

theater.gifyahoo.gif

eta: lucky and I think the same way.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's so weird... I don't know jack about their relationship and the why and wherefores and it doesn't matter. I've been smiling for him today. I hope she or he has freckles. hee.

Wish I could say the same. For some reason this is really bothering me.

A LOT!

Someone just sent me a link to People.com confirming the story.

Clay Aiken Is Going to Be a Dad

By David Caplan

Originally posted Thursday May 29, 2008 05:00 PM EDT

Photo by: courtesy RCA Records

Clay Aiken is going to be a father, PEOPLE has confirmed.

"The story is true,” Bill Vigars, a Vancouver-based rep for David Foster, told PEOPLE Wednesday, of the TMZ.com report that Aiken, 29, impregnated David's sister, music producer Jaymes Foster. "It is true Clay is the father. She was artificially inseminated by Clay. She's due in August."

Vigers added of Aiken and Foster, "They have been friends ever since American Idol, when they worked together."

Foster also executive produced Aiken's album A Thousand Different Ways.

Aiken's reps have not yet commented.

Yeah, I am startiong the series of entertainment news shows now. Extra, then inside edition, then TMZ, then the insider/ E news. then ET/access hollywood/ the daily 10, Then real TV.

Good thing I don't have a cable box and my viewing in not tracked or someone would think there are no braincells in the house.

Very important the artificial insemination to this story. Last time Artificial insemination was a big story was with David Crosby. I just think it would be weird to do something like this with a co-worker.

Yeah, I am startiong the series of entertainment news shows now. Extra, then inside edition, then TMZ, then the insider/ E news. then ET/access hollywood/ the daily 10, Then real TV.

Good think I don't have a cab le box and my viewing in not tracked or someone would think there is no braincells in the house.

Very important the artificial insemination to this story. Last time Artificial insemination was a big story was with David Crosby. maybe Jaymes has a girlfriend. I just think it would be weird to do something like this with a co-worker.

The whole thing is beyond weird.

I fail to see why artifical insemination is such a big deal; given Jaymes age it makes perfect sense.

Of course because it is Clay...artificial insemination = gay. And really, would the world as we know it come to an end; if he was? I don't think so. Whatever relationship Jaymes and Clay have, I am happy for them and for the baby.

I will never understand why Clay is never given the benefit of the doubt by his own fans...it is like the whole Kim Locke tour or no tour fiasco...immediately think the worst of Clay before he has even said a word.

Kim

When did they work together on AI?

Kim

Apparently a few months ago... :cryingwlaughter:

She has worked with him since American Idol... just not immediately afterwards. 2004, wasn't it?

Its a big deal because of the wording used in the confirmations from the Foster camp. If they had any kind of commited relationship or even if they were just friends, why even mention it? THAT is really no one's business! Just say Clay and Jaymes are thrilled to confirm they are expecting a baby together. PERIOD. Why say more?

Its just too weird for words. Too weird.

:POP:

Mind sharing>

this makes all the lyrics of OMWH (the album) take on all new meanings!!

BTW - AOL Sessions - SAU is up over 10,100 plays now!!

Also the rush for a Mother's Day release - subliminal message?? :whistling-1:

Insider says a Foster rep is confirming it and that the new mom is glowing and then goes on to say that her and Clay have been good friends for years.

Well, I was already planning a baby shower for our new grandaughter July 12th. I guess I could do one for Clay too. :whistling-1: A FCA baby shower.

Actually, I'm really shell shocked. He just had to make a liar out of me didn't he? I said if he wanted to get married and have 4 red headed chillen he better start dating first. :cryingwlaughter: He just proved that not only does he not have to date, he doesn't even have to have sex. Who would of ever thunk he would pull this? Jaymes Foster? She is the one who wanted the baby and asked Clay to donate the sperm? Well, I didn't see that one coming.

Someone just stuck their head in my door to ask me if I knew that Clay Aiken is going to be a daddy. I asked, 'Where did you hear that?" and was told that "it's all over the internet and everybody's talking about it."

Everybody's talking about it? Could this be Phase II promotion? :cryingwlaughter:

I told sheila a little while ago that scandal sells. :cryingwlaughter:

I'm still processing....still processing....w.o.w.

Me too. In fact I feel like I was just hit in the gut by a big medicine ball. Not sure about my thoughts on this. Not that it matters to Clay or Jaymes. Shocked is all I can say right now. Shocked and still digesting.............

A friend just called to "find out if the rumors were true" - I had to talk her down, as she is very excitable. Unfortunately I didn't have much more information to give her than what she already knew. She was concerned about "his career being over..." Where do people get this stuff?? Also, she said, "Well at least he's not gay." And I said how does that even enter into it? Some people are totally OTT!

And have you seen this???

http://www.dipity.com/mashups/timetube

Type Clay Aiken into the search box. It's cool!

Well I'm certainly not thinking the worst of anyone or any situation. I'm just trying to let it sink in. If any of it's even true. It's just a little surreal. Usually the stories like this are only floating around the fandom, not being reported on all the "entertainment" shows.

So far on this journey, of all the WTF moments, for me this the WTF'iest.

Reading that bit from the Foster family again - it TOTALLY and COMPLETELY makes a point of them having a PLATONIC relationship. That is one reason why its so weird to me!

I cannot inderstand this. I think it has been mishandled by both camps. ITS WEIRD!