#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Since I can say what I want here, just like everybody seems to do, I'm shocked that anybody has the audacity to be shocked, shunned, or whatever they're doing because if this is true, and it appears to be, then this was PLANNED.

Well, knock me over with a feather. I must admit, I'm a little shocked, and I don't know that it takes audacity. This came directly out of left field so it's kinda a suprising twist on the roller coaster of Clay Aiken Park.

I'm not exactly the most traditional of folks ( I used AI myself ), and I have no idea if this is true, someone helped out a friend, two people wanted a baby, or what (I don't believe they are any more than friends, but hey, you never know and whatever works), but I did think Clay would have gone for the traditional meet, date, fall in love, marry, have babies path. My mistake obviously, but yeah, that's how I figured it'd go down. Which is really kinda stupid of me, but hey... I have my issues. LOL!

I'm sure after I squish it around in my brain a little, I'll be all, wow, Clay's gonna be a dad. A Dad? A Father to a baby. Guess that explains a few (hundred) things. Or at least that's how I'll apply them. My Clay Aiken world view just shifted a wee bit, not for better or worse, just will make me look at songs, words, etc., a little differently. Parenthood does that.

Ooo, we're all gonna be aunties... or something. :lol:

And here I thought the initial Spamalot audition rumor was the most totally-out-of-left-field, never-gonna-happen story to ever hit the Clay Nation... blink.gif

Hee. No shit. Never in a million years would I have guessed this one. LOL!

I'm not even sure I'm not sleeping right now.

*pinch me*

Hee.

Yeah, I am startiong the series of entertainment news shows now. Extra, then inside edition, then TMZ, then the insider/ E news. then ET/access hollywood/ the daily 10, Then real TV.

Good thing I don't have a cable box and my viewing in not tracked or someone would think there are no braincells in the house.

Very important the artificial insemination to this story. Last time Artificial insemination was a big story was with David Crosby. I just think it would be weird to do something like this with a co-worker.

Since I can say what I want here, just like everybody seems to do, I'm shocked that anybody has the audacity to be shocked, shunned, or whatever they're doing because if this is true, and it appears to be, then this was PLANNED.

PLANNED, people.

Clay had to make this happen.

Jaymes had to make this happen.

I doubt either of them give a rats ass about anybody else's crappy opinions, or what the tabloids will say, or what the church ladies will say, or what the late night comics will say, or what the haters will say, or what the fans will say ... and maybe that's why Clay and Jaymes haven't mentioned it. I'm sure they are blissfully happy about this ... and if you aren't, whoever you are ... well, you can allow the tabloids to jerk your chain, but I won't. Sometimes I think people never let anything he says soak in. He doesn't care what they say. Why do you?

I've always thought this relationship was much deeper than just best friends or close buddies since I read what Clay wrote in the liner notes of ATDW. He loves her. And I remember thinking back in 2006 when he closed out JnaT in North Carolina the day before Christmas Eve when Jaymes joined him -- even walked the bus line -- that she must be spending Christmas with Clay at his home that weekend. Then this album he says ALAWH is his and Jaymes' song because it brought them together. And she's the one who got him to write the LAA lyrics.

My understanding from what he's said before, they met in early 2005.

No way in the world she's a "co-worker." She's his partner. Maybe now we know who "we" is, huh?

keeping... I'm with you! I just keep remembering when he told us she was allowed to call him Clayton. No one else since Idol has been allowed to do that, that I know of. He does love her and this is a win win situation for all involved (including gossip sites and late night comics, unfortunately... from their point of view, that is).

This is now a commited relationship... they are parents together. He loves her and trusts her that she loves him for him and she knows good and well he will make a commited and awesome father. They spend a lot of time together already. I'm sure he feels safer with Jaymes than anyone. So... she gets to be a mommy, which she obviously wants. He gets to be a daddy, which we know he wants. The kid may have to develop thick skin at some point, but Clay certainly can help with that. LOL

I'm happy for him, Jaymes and baby! I wonder if he/she will come out texting??? :cryingwlaughter:

Aw... can you see him with a little girl... melting heart here!

I'm sure after I squish it around in my brain a little, I'll be all, wow, Clay's gonna be a dad. A Dad? A Father to a baby. Guess that explains a few (hundred) things. Or at least that's how I'll apply them. My Clay Aiken world view just shifted a wee bit, not for better or worse, just will make me look at songs, words, etc., a little differently. Parenthood does that.

squish :F_05BL17blowkiss:

You know, I think one of the reasons I'm still here - not as in a fan of Clay and his voice but here as in a very meshed member of his online fandom, is because he constantly surprises me. I'm absolutely floored too YSRN! God it's never boring in this fandom.

Sooo... who's making the FCA booties heh.

Well, knock me over with a feather. I must admit, I'm a little shocked, and I don't know that it takes audacity. This came directly out of left field so it's kinda a suprising twist on the roller coaster of Clay Aiken Park.

I'm not exactly the most traditional of folks ( I used AI myself ), and I have no idea if this is true, someone helped out a friend, two people wanted a baby, or what (I don't believe they are any more than friends, but hey, you never know and whatever works), but I did think Clay would have gone for the traditional meet, date, fall in love, marry, have babies path. My mistake obviously, but yeah, that's how I figured it'd go down. Which is really kinda stupid of me, but hey... I have my issues. LOL!

And here I thought the initial Spamalot audition rumor was the most totally-out-of-left-field, never-gonna-happen story to ever hit the Clay Nation... blink.gif

Hee. No shit. Never in a million years would I have guessed this one. LOL!

I'm not even sure I'm not sleeping right now.

*pinch me*

Hee.

Thank you!!!

I just had to make a soy milk run, and the song I listened to on the way back was FALLING.......

The lyrics go like this:

• I am closer than ever

To the Edge

And I'm falling, I am falling

From the world I used to know

Been trying to hold on

To something for so long

Now this never-ending dream won't let go

I am falling....

etc.....

This could help explain this decision, should it turn out to be true. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

geeez - second time at the top in a row!!

And the OFC message board is now running with the People story.

One of the things I've always said about Clay is that I love the way he surprises us.

This, however, takes the cake.

I'm feeling a bit like YSRN in that it's just not the way I was expecting Clay to start a family...and yet, I'm grinning like a fool over this. It IS weird feeling like this, but at the same time, I'm happy for him and Jaymes (if it is all true).

This fandom is never boring, that's for sure.

So, Clay knocked up Jaymes, eh? Hee. Okay.

Well, the "turkey baster" was my idea of a joke...heh. Their words were "artificially inseminated."

Still cracking up though....

So I guess that's because he doesn't "do it" with women?????

Geez!

Where do they get these ideas???

Multiple sources. :cryingwlaughter:

Someone in their late 40s who really wanted to get pregnant would be more likely than not to use artificial insemination.

That wasn't the implication the way it was written.

IMO, there was no “implication” in the way it was written. It stated something they believe to be fact. It didn’t say, “Because Clay is gay, it’s obvious that artificial insemination was used.” THAT would be an implication.

IF it is (which I very much doubt), it will be fuel for the gay fodder. Many a gay man who wants a child uses artifical insemination with a friend to get one.

So do many older women who want a child. There is more than one explanation.

Seriously, you can make ANYTHING be about “Clay is Gay” if you want to. That much is very, very obvious. Fans are just as guilty. Newsflash – THEY already think Clay is gay. They will use him getting married some day as proof he is gay. Him living with a less than beautiful woman someday will also be proof that he is gay. Best get used to it.

Well, as I said elsewhere...at least TMZ admit that Clay HAS sperm! :cryingwlaughter:

Baby steps.

Bwahahaha. A step in the right direction.

What pedestal?

I have to admit, this is the most entertainment I've had in days.

Word. <g>

Consider me now extremely curious about where this will go. Facinating, from a media-watcher perspective. Seriously spreading like wild fire and a whole lot of people could end up with egg on their faces, assuming it’s not true. That all those sources picked up TMZ so quickly is mind boggling. Kinda lends a bit of credence to it.

Well, I guess this is not quite the same as a misplaced foot.

He misplaced something all right. Heh.

Very important the artificial insemination to this story. Last time Artificial insemination was a big story was with David Crosby. I just think it would be weird to do something like this with a co-worker.

If true, they are obviously much more than co-workers, I would think. I think this happens all the time; David Crosby “helping out” Melissa Etheridge and her partner being the most obvious example. Jaymes is an older woman, and childless. If she really wants a baby she would likely have to be artificially inseminated and who better to be the father? Good jeans…I mean genes…for sure. <g>

I will never understand why Clay is never given the benefit of the doubt by his own fans...it is like the whole Kim Locke tour or no tour fiasco...immediately think the worst of Clay before he has even said a word.

Word.

Reading that bit from the Foster family again - it TOTALLY and COMPLETELY makes a point of them having a PLATONIC relationship. That is one reason why its so weird to me!

Sure it does – if you want it to read ONLY that way. It says they’ve been friends forever, it didn’t say they weren’t MORE than friends. It didn’t say that Clay was gay or not. Just made it sound natural, IMO.

Well, if true, good for him.

Whew! I just had a long day at work, then was on my way to the vet with my 13-year old in the van when guess who calls? Muski! To tell me about the story, which I knew nothing about since I've been at work and busy all day. Thank you, Muski, my friend! Heeeee, my 13-year old wasn't sure what to make of the conversation! But she's heard of artificial insemination before, since five of her cousins were conceived that way!

And to think that I wanted Clay to put his foot on another armrest in a plane or something to get the media's attention! Heeeee - he's far outdone that, whether the story is true or not. I'm of the opinion that it very likely is true, but I'd love to have confirmation from Clay at some point. Sooner than later, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm going to be off in a bit to take my older daughter to a meeting, but had to log first on to see what everyone is saying.

If I'd only known Clay was passing out sperm.......

Another opportunity missed.

BWAH!!

Ooo, we're all gonna be aunties... or something.

YAY!!! I like thinking of it like that.

Well, can't stick around to make any more comments. I'll have to think about this awhile before I really know how I'm going to react - but my first feeling is happiness for Clay. It's what he's been wanting, so good for him, if indeed it is true!

I can just kick myself for inviting my sister and her family over for dinner. Now I have to run to the store, pick up crap to make dinner, cook, entertain company, watch the Laker game..when all I want to do is hang out with my sister-wives and talk about our impending auntieship heeeeeeee. LOL.

Hee! Don't you feel a cold coming on, Couchie? A cold that you wouldn't want to pass on to your sister & her family? A cold that will render you stuck on the couch with the tv & laptop going tonight? :P

Hee! Don't you feel a cold coming on, Couchie? A cold that you wouldn't want to pass on to your sister & her family? A cold that will render you stuck on the couch with the tv & laptop going tonight? :P

Yeah, yeah! Call in sick!!

ETA: I haven't had this much fun in a long time. I'm walking around giggling. I have NO idea why. It is very possible that this is not true - it just strikes me as very amusing. I think if it's true it will throw a lot of people for a loop and that cracks me up. <g>

Holy crap. I finally get off the computer to do some actual cleaning in my house and the shit hits the fan. I have to go back now and read the last 6 pages to get more details. Well, if its true, it would certainly explain Faye's comments about something good or exciting. Never a dull moment in Clayland.

All joking aside, HUGS all around. :thbighug-1:

This whole story is a lot to take in and process, and we're all going to have different reactions to the news. There'll be as many opinions as there are posters and lurkers.

The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?

There is a thread on the OFC now and I really doubt they would allow that if it wasn't true...be warned; if you plan on taking a peek, wear a hard hat!

Kim

I hope we get the due date soon so I can add it to the countdown! :cryingwlaughter:

Kim

All joking aside, HUGS all around. :thbighug-1:

This whole story is a lot to take in and process, and we're all going to have different reactions to the news. There'll be as many opinions as there are posters and lurkers.

The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?

ITA. And your last question is a great thread title, IMO....

*hands out kevlar armor to those brave enough to go to the OFC*

You need more than a hard hat over there!!!!

Yeah, lots of fantasies being burst today and it ain't pretty!

Kim