#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

ok...now here we go...

Now some sites are saying:

It's a boy!

Clay says he's happy as can be, thinks Jaymes is wonderful, etc., and they have no plans to wed.

Foster's camp is now backpedaling on that rep's 'statement', he's saying he was misquoted, etc....

Heathen at prayer:

Please let those self-righteous judgemental assholes leave the fandom.

Amen

Solid Catholic will join you in that prayer.

;)

ok...now here we go...

It's a boy!

Clay says he's happy as can be, thinks Jaymes is wonderful, etc., and they have no plans to wed.

Foster's camp is now backpedaling on that rep's 'statement', he's saying he was misquoted, etc....

How is he misquoted...oh damn it..just when I am getting excited and imagining a cute red headed baby...it might not be true...

hee

ok...now here we go...

It's a boy!

where you finding that info Muski?

Heathen at prayer:

Please let those self-righteous judgemental assholes leave the fandom.

Amen

Solid Catholic will join you in that prayer.

;)

yup add me in there too.

Eeeeeeeeeeee! What a day to be stuck in the server room on top of a doctor's appt that I had to make up for, but thank goodness for PerusingOne who kept me updated all day!!!

All the cute remarks have been taken but I still want to add my awwwwwww!!! So happy for them and him -- it's a boy, right? He's going to be loved so much!!!

I haven't fully caught up with all you chatty types but I thought I'd better post this:

Playbiller said:

" Has anyone else ever been approached by someone who wanted to discuss why the Nazi's were a positive force in this world and then tell you that you looked like you would understand? I changed my daily schedule to avoid this person! "

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Hey PLay Do you have one of those natty little mustaches? Or do you tend to click your heels and raise your arm for a greeting? I would post more but I can't stop laughing and I am now a bit scared of you....

because KAndre is a charter member of the eHP....

I personally hope the self-righteous judgemental assholes can't bring themselves to leave the fandom, being tortured every day that the dude they love is perfectly cheerful doing whatever the hell he wants and at the end, [deity] says, "Dudettes! I gave you an example of how to be happy and someone to be happy about! How did you manage to screw it up!" And I will peek around [deity] and point my finger and laugh.

I just went over and posted my congrats... crack up if it's not even true. And now I am out as who the fuck cares about PR and spin and how the announcement \will make the fan's life hard. HUH. I can understand being shellshocked a bit, I can. I don't understand why this should affect MY life in the least little bit.

OMG! I think I responded to the same person! WTF??? :blink:

I personally hope the self-righteous judgemental assholes can't bring themselves to leave the fandom, being tortured every day that the dude they love is perfectly cheerful doing whatever the hell he wants and at the end, [deity] says, "Dudettes! I gave you an example of how to be happy and someone to be happy about! How did you manage to screw it up!" And I will peek around [deity] and point my finger and laugh.

Hey I like this too!!!

this is one time I really want a blog...cos I want confirmation already so I can start EEEE.

We can help by going over there and mentioning this gleefully every time they turn around. Tag, you're it!

Eh, I think only a few are horrified over at the OFC...the thread seems to be mostly "CONGRATS CLAY AND JAYMES! AND BLOG DAMMIT! SOMEBODY! ANYBODY!"

Except for the one person who said he should post because most are upset about this! Well she got shot down pretty quick!

There are 1100 people on the OFC right now!!! Must be a slow Clay news day!!!

Can someone wake me if I fall asleep waiting for confirmation? Seriously? IM me or something, that'll make a noise. ;)

Ran out to the grocery store and listened to the words of ALAWH..........differently than I'd listened to them before. :wub:

Okay, for those that know me this may seem like me being a broken record....but how can you "not like" someone that you know relatively little about, other than she's close with Clay? Seriously, Jaymes is not a celebrity, really. Most people wouldn't have a clue who she is. So, how can you dislike someone you know nothing about? Well, other than she's very close with Clay, which might explain a lot. Heh. That sort of shit has always mystified me.

I'm trying not to judge some of the fan's reactions to this. If nothing else, I'm going to give them at least 24 hours, just because this is something that I think was very unexpected from almost everyone in the fandom. People react to these kinds of things in different ways, and I do believe that more than a few will feel a bit differently after a good night's sleep, or will at least begin to accept what is supposedly happening. Having said that, I agree with KAndre that it seems it's only a few people who are really "overreacting" IMO, and those people who actually do leave the fandom because of this....it makes me sad that there are people out there like that.

I keep going to the entertainment websites, reading their blurbs, and all I can do is laugh. It's just so surreal. And yet, I'm so happy for both Clay and Jaymes...and the child.

Amazing day.

Eh, I think only a few are horrified over at the OFC...the thread seems to be mostly "CONGRATS CLAY AND JAYMES! AND BLOG DAMMIT! SOMEBODY! ANYBODY!"

oh good.. I didn't read anything..just happened to see the one post before mine. Lucky me.

I have been online on and off all day and it was a real shocker. I have to agree that he has looked so happy in the last few months. This had to have been well thought out and I hope both of them are happy with their decision. We do not know what took place, wether they tried the conventional way and could not concieve or decided that AI was the route they wanted to do.

I also believe that they know what will be said on all the tv show, be it late night comics or the more tabloid show. They both must be a lot stronger than me. I hope they have a healthy baby and congrat go to them.

Well that's good to hear!

Oh and Mini-Scarlett just called. Chit-chatted for about 20 minutes about her new job and new roommate and then she pauses and mentions nonchalantly, "Oh btw there was some news about Clay Aiken having a child on a link from LiveJournal. It's one of those entertainments sites. Do you know if this is true?"

LOL!!!

I keep reading "AI" and I almost always say "WTF does American Idol have to do with Jaymes being pregnant?"

And then I gain a brain....

*g*

Hee I was doing this too...I thought gbmifan was having some freudian slip or something...hee

They are very upset at the IDF, just about everyone, and the trolls are making their way back to the Clay section. !32 people in the Clay section, usually about 24.

This isthe younger crowd, they don't understand about the older woman aspect.

Damn, what is the best way to get something out of your eye if washing it out did not work?