#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

It's on TV Guide Online's Home page too (article is here).

Coming soon to Broadway: Clay Aiken in Sperm-a-Lot!

Jokes aside, the Season 2 American Idol runner-up is soon going to be a proud papa, according to TMZ.

The gossip site reports that that record producer Jaymes Foster is pregnant — via artificial insemination — with the 29-year-old pop/Broadway singer's child. Before mothering his child, Foster, a friend with whom Aiken lives when he's in L.A., produced several of Aiken's albums.

Foster, reportedly in her late 40s, is due in August, and although no official comment has been made by Aiken's rep, it's said the singer will take an active role in raising the child.

What do you make of all this? Is Foster just trying nab some talented DNA?

The bolded parts cracked me up!

ETA: I have the Food Network on in the background, and they did an advertisement for Paula's Party, and said there was going to be a sneak peek of the upcoming season on Sunday night, at 11:00 p.m. Eastern time. Wonder if they will show Clay?

I keep reading "AI" and I almost always say "WTF does American Idol have to do with Jaymes being pregnant?"

And then I gain a brain....

*g*

bwah me too!

what? well what does Artificial Intelligence have to do with it. Will it be a little robot baby??

:cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just finished watching SYTYCD (pausing every so often to run up here and refresh the page...:)) and guess where they were auditioning?? The Warner Theatre in DC! I kept thinking, "HEY! Clay was there! Hey! I walked down those stairs!!" Not to mention that mrchach works just a couple of blocks from there!

It's all good people!!

They are very upset at the IDF, just about everyone, and the trolls are making their way back to the Clay section. !32 people in the Clay section, usually about 24.

This isthe younger crowd, they don't understand about the older woman aspect.

Damn, what is the best way to get something out of your eye if washing it out did not work?

You seriously have something in your eye and this isn't a euphemism about being misty eyed?? If so, try sitting quietly with your eyes closed for a bit, then washing it again. I've had shit in my eyes, and a contact lense that goes way up behind the lid, and freaking out trying to get it out just makes it worse. Sitting quietly and not freaking makes it easier to get a hold of. Sometimes natural tears will wash it out.

Someone in that thread reminded people there was a show on E dedicated to punking the media. Now if we can identify this "spokesperson" in David Foster's camp and figure out if David had a fight with his sister recently........

Wow, wouldn't that be an amazing stunt! Guess we just have to wait to get more details to find out.

I don't understand why this is upsetting to some people. If its true, I'm really happy for Clay and Jaymes, however the baby was conceived, although I'm hoping it was the normal way becuz I really want Clay to be getting some. And if it's not true, it's a lot of exciting publicity.

I really hope Clay blogs though, partly because I want real news, not the fake stuff the media gives us all the time. But also because I miss him.

Ah, but Clay could be getting some, and still father a child through artificial insemination. They could have tried the regular way, and then decided that their chances of success were better with AI. Many infertile women use AI to improve their chances of conception.

Eeeeeeeeeeee! What a day to be stuck in the server room on top of a doctor's appt that I had to make up for, but thank goodness for PerusingOne who kept me updated all day!!!

All the cute remarks have been taken but I still want to add my awwwwwww!!! So happy for them and him -- it's a boy, right? He's going to be loved so much!!!

Nice to see you posting, baby eagle! :F_05BL17blowkiss: And I love your new avi.

So, clayandr is lurking over at the OFC? How many people think that it's really Clay and Jaymes, both lurking? I do!

Well, the OFC thread got to 79 pages and is now locked for editing. Anymore popcorn? Or maybe potato chips? I'm craving potato chips....

I got two phone calls at work today - missed - cuz I was - WORKING. hee

But they were both from fellow fans so I knew something was up!

Wow! Never would have dreamed this up! I don't even think any of our fanfic writers dreamed this one up.

So - has anybody been thinking about Clay and the Turkey Baster today???

I'm sorry. I know I'm being silly.

I just can't stop laughing - or grinning.

If Jaymes is pregnant and if Clay is going to be a Daddy, I'm happy for him. I love looking at pictures of Clay with children.

Am I the only one who finds this whole thing funny?

Gee I have done nothing all night! Just keep refreshing and refreshing! I cannot tear myself away as I keep thinking he will blog any minute now and I will miss it! I need to get a life...obviously Clay has*g*

My message to any judgmental idiots in the fandom is I hope the door hits you on your way out. Be gone. Don't come back. All this hasn't really touched me. Clay is just a celebrity who has a private life. It is his public, performing life that I am interested in - his career. Don't much care about the rest. As someone else said, I don't get hating or not liking someone like Jaymes when none of us really know her. I guess that is about all I have to say on the subject. Shrug. Life goes on.

Now onto more important things. I'm loving the AOL sessions.

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but I can't get through all the pages on this board today. I just HAD to go find this YouTube, which I knew I'd seen last year.

The woman who comes up to Clay from behind and whispers in his ear is Jaymes. Check out the body language. I remember thinking when I first saw it, these two are CLOSE, very close.

David Foster also mentions "his sister".

Clay on David Foster and Friends

Re: eye. Sitting still didn't do anything, I am not panicked, just annoyed. So I am going to cut me some onions and have a good cry.

Play - sometimes after something was in your eye it still feels like something is in there. Maybe you should just leave it alone for awhile. Put some Visine or something in it and don't rub it or touch it for awhile. mrchach got a miniscule piece of a dried leaf in his eye once and it was so uncomfortable he couldn't even keep his eye still. I had to drive him to the dr for that one. Maybe what was in there is gone, but it still feels uncomfortable because of the stress.

nurse chach signing off for now! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I don't know if anyone else has posted this but I can't get through all the pages on this board today. I just HAD to go find this YouTube, which I knew I'd seen last year.

The woman who comes up to Clay from behind and whisphers in his ear is Jaymes. Check out the body language. I remember thinking when I first saw it, these two are CLOSE, very close.

David Foster also mentions "his sister".

Clay on David Foster and Friends

Thanks for posting this, I have been thinking about this clip all night, but hadn't got around to digging for it on my various external hard drives.

^^de-lurking to say now I have something in my eye. Awww. . .

At first I was WTF!? and now. . . well it's exciting if it is true. I mean the next time he tours (which will probably be in a looong time) he'll be a daddy! Too cute. Every M&G will be probably be a baby shower.

Before the thread got locked, I wanted to post a congrats over at OFC. I rarely de-lurk but after reading some of the replies, holy shit! I'm glad that some people get to experience family life in the traditional way but it doesn't work out like that for everyone. While I would love Clay to blog he does not owe the fans anything. I don't get the sense of entitlement at all.

Obviously Jaymes and Clay did not come to that decision lightly. Wish them the very best.

Ok, just so y'all know I'm not completely bonkers . . .

If Clay and Jaymes are having a baby together, I say more power to them. I love seeing the look in Clay's eyes when he's interacting with children.

Who knows what the truth is?

Maybe at some point Clay will tell us.

Maybe he won't.

If she's pregnant and if he's the daddy, then how it came to be is really nobody's business.

I was thinking on my drive home from work . . .

Maybe Clay and Jaymes are really good friends. Maybe they made a pact. "If we haven't found that special someone by X time, let's have a baby together."

Who knows?

Maybe it's not true.

Maybe it is.

Maybe Clay doesn't want people counting months and trying to figure out exactly when they OMG like - Had SEX!!!

He has said many times it's nobody's business who he sleeps with.

???

I just hope he's happy!

And I did read back a bit and see the turkey baster has been discussed. Poor man. I think lots of his early quotes are going to come back and bite him in the butt!

The news does NOT lack credibility to me because Clay confirmed his special relationship with Jaymes long ago. PLUS, it makes sense to me that Clay was going to be very choosy who the mother of his child was going to be. Everything Clay does, he does with precision. Remember how much care and thought and planning he put into every performance on Idol? When something is important to Clay,

he seems to ensure the outcome is not left to "chance".

David Foster will be 59 at the end of this year. Can't find out how much younger Jaymes is. But if it is artificial insemination, that makes sense too since. Lots of people use this method if they have waited long enough for nature to take its course.