#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Mwah!!! right back atcha! Speaking of which, I'm coming out of lurkdom to holler at the eHP since I will be visiting my sister in Sugar Land from June 3 through 8. What thread do we need to be in to plan something evil?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ah nostalgia! I have stories to tell too, but I am too tired but I think at one time or another all of us had someone who thought we might be meeting up with axe murderers! I know my father thought I might be when on a whim a friend and I flew out to San Jose of there IT concert there and I told him we were meeting up with a friend from a message board I had never met!

Boy was he wrong! The friend was none other than muski! And it was the start of a beautiful friendship. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Ironically after my father met muski one time - and only one time - he said repeatedly that the best thing about my Clay fandom was I had been able to meet someone like her.

I have to say I agree.

And its true about so many others I have met.

How lucky are we? We became fans of a wonderful, smart, funny, mad-talented man and because of that we were blessed to meet wonderful people we never would have met otherwise and in many case formed friendships that transcend the fandom.

Ok, on another note, isn't Gibby from the Denver area? Scary tornado there today. Check in Gibby! Hope you're ok!

And lastly before I head to bed, any fans of "Moonlight" out there? Saw this montage at the CH set to SAU! I still think using songs from this CD for non-Claycentric montages is a great way to get this CD heard!

As I sit here trying not to break out in a sweat composing that all-important first post, I almost feel guilty of intruding on a family with the wonderful stories of the friendships we've made in Clayland. That said, as much as I'd like this post to be somewhat profound and intelligent sounding, BWAH!-worthy and one to truly be remembered, it ain't gonna happen. I'll be lucky to get the nerve up to hit the "Add Reply" button! Seriously, I think most people are concerned with being liked on a new board, and I hope that in time you will feel that way about me. :fca:

How lucky are we? We became fans of a wonderful, smart, funny, mad-talented man and because of that we were blessed to meet wonderful people we never would have met otherwise and in many case formed friendships that transcend the fandom.

This is what it's all about, isn't it? I too, have made some wonderful friendships over the past 5 years...I know FromClagary...she doesn't know I'm here yet, but I asked her if she would be gracious enough to read my Christmas story if it were chosen since I could not attend a concert. It was not to be, but what a kind and wonderful person she is to have agreed to do that for me. I've also met me myb and she is lovely as well! There are many more, but I don't think they're here at this board.

And to dummie, I just have to say that I think that post about your lurker board is just about one of the funniest things I've read!

Ok, I think I'm done with this epic mess of a first post!

*holds breath and hits "Add Reply"*

Welcome Tijala!!!

And I liked your first post!!!

I haven't been around all that long but I think you're going to like it here.....

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

As I sit here trying not to break out in a sweat composing that all-important first post, I almost feel guilty of intruding on a family with the wonderful stories of the friendships we've made in Clayland. That said, as much as I'd like this post to be somewhat profound and intelligent sounding, BWAH!-worthy and one to truly be remembered, it ain't gonna happen. I'll be lucky to get the nerve up to hit the "Add Reply" button! Seriously, I think most people are concerned with being liked on a new board, and I hope that in time you will feel that way about me. :fca:

This is what it's all about, isn't it? I too, have made some wonderful friendships over the past 5 years...I know FromClagary...she doesn't know I'm here yet, but I asked her if she would be gracious enough to read my Christmas story if it were chosen since I could not attend a concert. It was not to be, but what a kind and wonderful person she is to have agreed to do that for me. I've also met me myb and she is lovely as well! There are many more, but I don't think they're here at this board.

And to dummie, I just have to say that I think that post about your lurker board is just about one of the funniest things I've read!

Welcome, even though I have been here a bit I'm more of a lurker (as you can tell with my 80 posted in almost a year)

Iseeme and goldarngirl, thanks so much for the welcome! I'm sure I'll like it here too...I've lurked for awhile and this is a nice place.

I take care of my 2 year old GD several days a week, so I won't get to be here as often as I like...although I can access the board from my phone, which is verra, verra nice!

Iseeme and goldarngirl, thanks so much for the welcome! I'm sure I'll like it here too...I've lurked for awhile and this is a nice place.

I take care of my 2 year old GD several days a week, so I won't get to be here as often as I like...although I can access the board from my phone, which is verra, verra nice!

Wow you are far more talented than I. I just learned how to text :cryingwlaughter: Very nice you have you here, although I think between the two of us, we are the only ones here at the moment.

There are many things of Clay's that can light up somebody's world, aren't there? :whistling-1:

Welcome, Tijala! No need to be afraid...bottlecap really isn't as scary as she seems.... :whistling-1:

hee....

huh? Ohmigod! I wrote that out loud? :P

I keed because I love, bottle.. :lipstick:

bottle? :lilredani:

:flirtysmile3:

bottle?

:thgimme:

BOTTLE!?!?!??! Oh NO! :crapsign:

bottle?

:da_best:

Wow you are far more talented than I. I just learned how to text :cryingwlaughter: Very nice you have you here, although I think between the two of us, we are the only ones here at the moment.

I have a Verizon Voyager. My daughter has no internet, so I was feeling somewhat cut off from the world. Can't have that when a girl has to keep up on all the Clay happenings! Oh yeah...my daughters text me all the time too.

I'm here too! Welcome Tijala!! Oh boy, fresh meat an enchanting new member. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

What an interesting screen name you have!

Thanks...it's actually the first two initials of my husband and two daughters.

Jmh - might I say that you have one drop-dead GORGEOUS avatar! I just noticed it.

That smile can light up the world!

It'll take me a few days, but I'll get an avi up probably Saturday...I feel so naked! :lol:

Thanks again to everyone for the lovely welcome!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA...Just wanted to say hello to Muskifest and to say that this board has the absolute funniest emotes I think I've ever seen!! Yup...I'm gonna like it here a LOT!

Welcome Tijala!

I love reading all your meeting-up stories. The first member I met was just last month when the lovely ChaCha and hubby picked up four strangers from a hotel and treated them like family for the day :F_05BL17blowkiss: (Hee, it was my son who couldnt believe we were getting into a strangers car but of course he is easily won over with yoohoos!!!)

Then in NY after unsuccessfully waiting at the stage door I was trying to call Annabear and my phone wouldn't switch on when she and her mom found us.

Claytonic ( the only other Clayfan that I know within a 20 hour plane ride) and I are still working on it!

Thanks ausdon for the welcome... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Some of the fans that I met 5 years ago have moved on from Clay and onto other hobbies and/or performers. There was one in particular that I kept in touch with for several years, and then suddenly because she didn't really follow Clay anymore, she really didn't seem to want to keep in touch anymore. She had some personal issues going on in her life at the time also and I know that was part of her decision...but I still miss her.

I feel so lucky and blessed to have made and kept the friendships that I have. I live in a part of the country where Clay never travels, so I always have to travel to concerts...and I haven't been able to attend many. But I'm anticipating winning the Powerball in the near future and I'm looking forward to meeting many more of you. :lol:

Good Night everyone, and thank you for the welcome!

:claydreaming_ClayIzzaQt:

tijala... WELCOME to FCA!!! Just post away whenever you get the chance!

My first board was Claymaniacs and when I decided to get tickets to the IT in Vegas I got a hotel room and pm'd someone on the board that I knew lived in my vacinity to see if she would like to share the trip. We met for dinner and when she found out I had not seen Clay until the finale, she invited me to her home to see the Clack of his performances on Idol. I was there over two hours watching with her. Thru her, I met Muski and Tessy and a couple of other Claymaniacs. Since then I have been very fortunate to meet many wonderful fans, including a whole bunch of FCAers at Vegas for the Ice Skating Xmas show.

And, yes, I agree... like attracts like. A good man has attracted good fans (for the most part). I think what has impressed me the most over the years is not just the money we raise for UNICEF and BAF, but this tale from when I was on CB. Clay was in Malaysia after his trip to Banda Achi, doing that fundraiser. One of the CBers was from near by, but couldn't afford to go and it was killing her that he was so close, half way around the world, and she couldn't go see him. Within a couple of hours CBers had wired her enough money to go and she got Clack for us of that wonderful speech. Her recap of the impact of his speaking in their native tongue, both in her writing and on the Clack is one of my most precious memories of an incredible man. He's one of a kind and so are we! (A few idjits not withstanding.)

Welcome Tijala!

I just spent the evening with my lurker friend, delivering a few goodies to her (the autographed spam poster, broadway cares playbill -- because she is the one that even told me about it in the first place and the walmart CD). I feel like Santa! She's one of my best friends now and we met when we were going around town trying to find a place to have the JNT05 pre party. Another person in my life thanks to Clay!

Welcome Tijala!

I just spent the evening with my lurker friend, delivering a few goodies to her (the autographed spam poster, broadway cares playbill -- because she is the one that even told me about it in the first place and the walmart CD). I feel like Santa! She's one of my best friends now and we met when we were going around town trying to find a place to have the JNT05 pre party. Another person in my life thanks to Clay!

in a rush but just wanna say

So am I the only one who didn't watch Idol last night?

Kim

no :D

Now who was on both of these shows!!! Just sayin'

Hee Hee!!

that deserves a MWAHAHAHAH :cryingwlaughter:

and i LOVE the muppet song :D

welcome Tijala! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA: from Ms.Marm at the CH

Billboard.com

Top Internet Albums

This Wk Last Wk Artist Name Album Title Imprint | Catalog No. | Distributing Label Peak Wks On

1 NEW Jason Mraz We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things. Peak 3 Wks On 1 Atlantic | 448508 | AG

2 2 Neil Diamond Home Before Dark Peak 7 Wks On 2 Columbia | 15465 | Sony Music

3 NEW Death Cab For Cutie Narrow Stairs Peak 1 Wks On 1

Barsuk/Atlantic | 452796 | AG

4 NEW Duffy Rockferry Peak 4 Wks On 1 Mercury | 010822* | IDJMG

5 NEW Frank Sinatra Nothing But The Best Peak 2 Wks On 1 Reprise | 438652 | Warner Bros.

6 1 Clay Aiken On My Way Here Peak 18 Wks On 2 S/19/RCA | 28089 | RMG

7 4 Madonna Hard Candy Peak 8 Wks On 3 Warner Bros. | 421372

8 11 Leona Lewis Spirit Peak 5 Wks On 6 SYCO/J | 02554 | RMG RIAA

9 3 Josh Groban Awake Live Peak 16 Wks On 2 143/Reprise | 412668 | Warner Bros.

10 8 Portishead Third Peak 28 Wks On 3 GO! Discs/Mercury | 011141* | IDJMG

he has dropped out of the top 10 in Digital Album charts though.

Hi Tijala....hee another one comes to the dark side wonderful FCA board!!!!! Welcome!

We really are harmless! Well most of us except for bottlecap :F_05BL17blowkiss: ......she can be mean sometimes! (Do I see some precipitation in the air :whistling-1: )

bwah..oh do I have stories...but Scarlett... although a bit weary, I'm still making friends. The best thing about FCA to me is that I'm meeting a bunch of new people who walked parallel journeys on different boards. And Perusing One is just a slut I see. She was the first stranger I ever slept with. And I got to the hotel first and didn't even know anything but her first name. How I talked the hotel into letting me in the room I'll never know.

Speaking of axe murderers... heee... when Annabear joined Luckiest and Cindilu in our NYC hotel ..the three of us were like..so, does anybody KNOW Annabear? She could be an ax murderer. Someone said..as long as she has a visa heee. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: But what's so funny is that although we had never met, I took one look at her and said..hmmm I know you. heee. Did the same with Wandacleo. When you're a concert ho there are no strangers heee.

One of my earliest friends in the fandom was an undercover reporter. We hung out together a lot doing non clay stuff but he brought us together. For one particular concert we drove together. She sat right next to me in concert...left and filed her review. Hilarious. She confessed to me about 6 months later.

Couchie, meeting "new" people is yet another nice thing about FCA. (muah to Ansa too!). I was a bit worried that you wouldn't be able to fill the last spot in the hotel but I'm glad it turned out to be the perfect opportunity for annabear.

We set up a dinner before we left and this is where I met luckiest1, heartsocean and over time have been lucky enough to be in close proximity to cindilu2, claymatron, alspaz, canfly172 and even though she has to travel we have been lucky to have FromClaygary visit often and I personally, was lucky enough to have her be my travel buddy to NY to see spamalot (not only my travel buddy but my personal travel agent). OH and a quick edit to say I had the opportunity of meeting me_myb in NY and hopefully we will meet again.

In this spirit I also had the opportunity of hosting Lotus twice and a great time was had by all.

I still think that, even though we aren't as innocent, we still follow the man and are out there to support and help one another, just as we support him.

Hi goldarngirl! I wasn't at that party but many of you still travel together, don't you? I remember meeting most of you at the same place -- either the Rochester/Clio JBT or the Canadaigua DCAT.

Aww, Scarlett's gone and sent us all down the schmoopie Memory Lane! :cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Strangers leaving hotel room keys for strangers still happens.... Strangers flying alone across the country to meet up & stay with other strangers still happens.... Strangers still say, "Here take my ticket and have a good time!".... Thank goodness, or I'd have missed out on getting to sleep with Cindilu, luickiest and Couchie :lol: and celebrate Clay's Spam finale in NYC with a whole bunch of FCA'ers! :clap:

Oh - and this wasn't the first time it's been wondered if I was an axe murderer, by the way..... :P

Sends :F_05BL17blowkiss: right back at annabear. Was a bit shmoopie at missing the chance to room with Cindilu, luckiest and couchie (tho' she was planning to make me sleep on the wet spot) but was v. happy it turned out so nicely for you!!!

Mwah!!! right back atcha! Speaking of which, I'm coming out of lurkdom to holler at the eHP since I will be visiting my sister in Sugar Land from June 3 through 8. What thread do we need to be in to plan something evil?

Hey kimiye! Can't wait to see you again. I don't think we've been using a party thread lately, just random posts and pms -- no one's bothered to trout people to use any "all-important party thread and representing list". I love this place! So, just let us know the dates when you can ditch tear yourself away from your sister and mom and we'll take care of the rest. BTW, I know I still owe people the name of the restaurant and directions to our lunch with PerusingOne -- will send that out uh, soon!

Welcome, Tijala!

Welcome Tijala! I like your name and your post. :)

Bottlecap has been my FCA greeter. It wasn't until ATDW and some radio play that we found out we live just a hop skip and a jump from one another. I remember meeting for the first time at an Applebee's and talking Clay and drinking diet coke. I think we ate something too. Then we did some more talking and more drinking and more talking...you get the idea. I was waiting for them to kick our sorry butts out of there. Luckily we tip well. Since then we've shared a few more meals. In and out of the car on the way to Kalamazoo and Cleveland and Columbus and Sterling Hts. We shared a really nice meal sitting in a fancy French restaurant in New York City...Juniors too. YSRN was there for those meals as well. We were all roomies. :F_05BL17blowkiss: We ate back in our room after hitting the Whole Foods in Columbus Circle. (why couldn't it have been the Whole Foods Clay and the 'woman with an accent' shopped at?! *sniff*) ...and the Dean & Deluca's next to the Today show stage in Rockefeller Center was pretty sweet too.

I am looking forward to sharing the next meal, whenever and wherever it may be.

(alright, after bottle's last post I guess I'll leave the tip next time)

It is so very sad... about Steven Curtis Chapman.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/0...is_chapman.html

That link has a video of Steven and his little Maria doing the dishes together.

The lyrics to Cinderella (the song he wrote) are just heartbreaking, given what's happened. What a simply awful family tragedy.

We set up a dinner before we left and this is where I met luckiest1, heartsocean and over time have been lucky enough to be in close proximity to cindilu2, claymatron, alspaz, canfly172 and even though she has to travel we have been lucky to have FromClaygary visit often and I personally, was lucky enough to have her be my travel buddy to NY to see spamalot (not only my travel buddy but my personal travel agent). OH and a quick edit to say I had the opportunity of meeting me_myb in NY and hopefully we will meet again.

In this spirit I also had the opportunity of hosting Lotus twice and a great time was had by all.

I still think that, even though we aren't as innocent, we still follow the man and are out there to support and help one another, just as we support him.

Hi goldarngirl! I wasn't at that party but many of you still travel together, don't you? I remember meeting most of you at the same place -- either the Rochester/Clio JBT or the Canadaigua DCAT.

Actually the first time I met you Scarlett was the JNT05 Clearwater, when I passed you your radio shack. Since then I believe we met in Syracuse and again in Kalamazoo, perhaps other places but those are the places I remember. Yes we do still travel together. When we go to the Michigan concerts, it is not unusual to have three or four cars following one another.