#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Please try to keep anymore "news" from happening until morning, ok? :waiting:

Thank you very much & good night all. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Neither is responsible for the angsting of Clay's fans.

Maybe Jaymes was upset at what was being said. From what I heard, some were angry at her for asking him to "donate" and some were talking about leaving the fandom, so maybe she was upset over that, plus she'd been waiting to make it public cuz there can be complications for somebody who's 50.

Clay might have just been going :fssign: once he found out (assuming he knows now)

Clay has yet to directly address ANY tabloid rumours. Why would he start now?

OMG, that is plain ridiculous! It is one thing to have an opinion on how Clay leads his life, but to allow it to affect one's life to the point of not being a fan anymore? It really is not our business beyond having an opinion. Regardless of whether this baby is genetically related to Clay, one thing is for sure, Clay will play a huge role in the baby's life, given his relationship with Jaymes. But I can't see it necessarily reducing the number of tours Clay does because with the new era in the record industry, touring/live gigs is going to be one of the main ways of promoting albums. Unless, of course, he gets a TV Show and we get to see him weekly. But that shouldn't stop him touring, even it is fewer dates than usual.

ETA ausdon: I just turned on ET and within 2 minutes, they "announced" the news! I didn't realize the ET episodes we get are so current!!! Good thing I knew in advance, otherwise I might have fainted in shock!

OK, I almost forgot this with everything going on, but to change the subject a little bit....

Remember my experiment - my market research on OWMH that I did on my co-worker? She is 27 years old. According to the survey I gave her, her favorite artists are Aerosmith, Keith Urban and (are you ready for this?) Ashlee Simpson. Over the weekend I will go into more detail of what she thought of the mystery album (OMWH plus both bonus tracks), but these were her comments that she made about the CD overall after listening to it 4 times:

I really enjoyed this CD. The artist's voice sounded familiar but I couldn't quite figure out who he was exactly. I think a lot of the songs are good enough to be on the radio. I enjoyed the CD as a whole the first time I listened to it and the more I listened, the more I liked the songs!

Her top 3 songs were Ashes, Falling and WOTW. Her least favorite was SAU, followed by LAA and GOG. Oh, and OMWH the song was her 4th favorite.

That said, SAU - her least favorite - she said she had a very high emotional connection and she rated the voice, melody, production, tempo all second from the highest rating! So even though it was her least favorite song, she still really liked it!

BUT, she said she was somewhat unlikely to purchase the CD. She rarely purchases or downloads a full CD - averages one or two a year. But she regularly downloads individual songs.

If this is becoming the norm, no wonder CDs aren't selling well. As much as she seems to have liked the CD (and looking over the rest of her answers, she did like it a lot), she wouldn't likely buy it as a whole.

Thought it was interesting. Like I said, once all this baby talk is done I will go over the survey as a whole.

Would it be terrible crass to hope that this rumor (false or real) increases clay's publicity for the next couple of weeks and impacts CD sales?

I have no shame.

None.

Bracing myself for people who'll pounce on it as a desperate media stunt because even people who are never on media sites have heard about it today. *will stay within FCA walls for a while*

lol... yeah, some exposure for the album would be a nice side benefit.

Yes, a bump in sales would be a great side benefit!

Leno? *yikes, sorry goldarngirl* I didn't get to set up an HD cap.
Rutrow. You're in trouble NOW.

*hoping for another Leno repeat, because he looked and sounded wonderful!*

Jack Black to Clay Aiken: There's always room for another version of "Yes You Are My Baby" ...

Tonight my son overheard me telling someone that Clay would be on Leno tonight. He asked me if this was a new show, or the one a couple of weeks ago. I told him it's repeat week for the late-nights and he said that Clay's show got big ratings to be on repeat week. Then I mentioned that Clay will be repeated on Kimmel tomorrow night. DS said, "if Clay is spiking TV ratings, he's getting movie offers."

After Leno, I got a call from my x-DIL who gushed that she loves him. Actually, it was during the commercial before he sang. She thinks he's the most adorably funny person in the whole world.

Would it be terrible crass to hope that this rumor (false or real) increases clay's publicity for the next couple of weeks and impacts CD sales?

I have no shame.

None.

Bracing myself for people who'll pounce on it as a desperate media stunt because even people who are never on media sites have heard about it today. *will stay within FCA walls for a while*

lol... yeah, some exposure for the album would be a nice side benefit.

Yes, a bump in sales would be a great side benefit!

Leno? *yikes, sorry goldarngirl* I didn't get to set up an HD cap.
Rutrow. You're in trouble NOW.

*hoping for another Leno repeat, because he looked and sounded wonderful!*

:cry4:

Jack Black to Clay Aiken: There's always room for another version of "Yes You Are My Baby" ...

Tonight my son overheard me telling someone that Clay would be on Leno tonight. He asked me if this was a new show, or the one a couple of weeks ago. I told him it's repeat week for the late-nights and he said that Clay's show got big ratings to be on repeat week. Then I mentioned that Clay will be repeated on Kimmel tomorrow night. DS said, "if Clay is spiking TV ratings, he's getting movie offers."

After Spam, there have to be people considering him for comedy roles on TV if not film.

After Leno, I got a call from my x-DIL who gushed that she loves him. Actually, it was during the commercial before he sang. She thinks he's the most adorably funny person in the whole world.

:wub: He is pretty cute isn't he? And an endless source of entertainment.

KF,

From your son's mouth to God's ears on the movie offers. I sure hope that is happening. With Mike Nichols on Clay's side, that is certainly possible. I hope that we hear soon as to the truth about the baby. I actually am surprised that I will be disappointed if Clay is not the father. Regardless, I am hoping that all this publicity will help promote OMWH. As far as I am concerned, any fans that are ready to leave the fandom because of this should leave regardless of how this scenario plays out. Clay does not need those kind of fans. His personal life is his to live however he pleases.

KF,

From your son's mouth to God's ears on the movie offers. I sure hope that is happening. With Mike Nichols on Clay's side, that is certainly possible. I hope that we hear soon as to the truth about the baby. I actually am surprised that I will be disappointed if Clay is not the father. Regardless, I am hoping that all this publicity will help promote OMWH. As far as I am concerned, any fans that are ready to leave the fandom because of this should leave regardless of how this scenario plays out. Clay does not need those kind of fans. His personal life is his to live however he pleases.

I made a biiiiiig mistake and looked over at OFC tonight. There were very many sweet congratulatory messages, and quite a few from dazed and shell-shocked posters, but the ones with the ultimatums scare even me. The "if this is true, then you aren't who I thought you were" stuff. This just freaks me out. So it is that either Clay stays true to their image of him, or ....... they're leaving. I prefer the latter.

heee wide awake. I can't believe I managed to tear myself away from the boards.

I can't believe it but I also felt a tinge that it might not be true. heee. oh well... we'll know soon enough.

I'm starting to think it may not be true also, couchie! REALITY CHECK!! :cryingwlaughter:

I have been in Vancouver all day and have just been back long enough to read todays posts here.

So it's very interesting to find myself going from "what??? TMZ says Clay's going to be a daddy? TMZ? Oh yeah that reliable news source " to starting to believe that it might actually be true and getting pissed off that the artificial insemination part was getting emphasis, and wondering how many thousands of hand made baby booties would be sent to Jaymes by Clay fans and wondering if Clay would be sending them to Afghanistan.. to now...well I wonder what the heck is true.

All the sources quoted other than the Province are gossip sites...People is a gossip magazine. And the Province is known for its sensational news treatment.

Good lesson in all this. Wait to hear it from the the people involved.

ETA And once I started to think that this might be true my next thought was "Oh Hell's Teeth, no fall tour!"

Oh.....WOW! I knew something BIG was up the moment I came to the boards last night and found them more crowded than Schubert Alley on May 4th. I'm happy for them if this all turns out the be true and overall I'm totally amused and amazed at how many times I've been blindsided by the things that Clay has "reportedly" done. I, also, can't seem to get the picture of a hunched over guy, hidden beneath a hoodie, making his way down a hallway to a bathroom carrying a cup....followed by a seven foot bodyguard. The alternative scenario is one I've pictured many times......insert partner of choice here. So, no stretch there. We had company for dinner last night and the post meal bottles of wine dragged on and on......finally we ran out....and the evening was over. About an hour before they went home I began to get very restless and suddenly wanted everyone gone. That's a hell of a long way to feel the buzz....not the wine buzz, the buzz buzz! WOW! Can I picture him making the decision to father a child with someone he isn't romantically involved with? Actually, I can in this case, most definitely. One way, or another, he loves him some Jaymes Foster.

And I love him, so we're good.

So........ First, I am angry and I am angry at Clay, TC, Jaymes whoever. NOT because of what happened between Clay and Jaymes but how they have handled it. While I can understand keeping the news under wraps for awhile, this is not something that could be ignored. News was eventually going to come out. Why did this have to break with TMZ? Why was there no announcement before now? Ok, maybe they had planned an announcement but TMZ beat them to the punch. So where is the announcement from Clay now? I know some will tell me I am wrong, but I think at this point Clay OWES us an announcement. The cat is out of the bag. Confirm or deny! Its that simple. I thought for sure by the time I got home tonight there would be some sort of announcement. But nooooooooooo.

BUT.....true or not - this is really NONE of our business. Sure, have opinions on it, just like opinions on Brangelina or whatever, but no one owes anyone else any explanation of what they do in their own private life.

Doesn't matter if that life is dragged all over the stage for the delectation and entertainment of strangers. Why should Clay confirm or deny? Why should he "handle" what is surely a most personal event for the gratification of strangers? This is a most private intimate matter, true or not - is anyone here related to them? Even then, not really any of your business. We don't own him, he is not our child.

Funny part to me is, why is anyone surprised at the anger, when some fans are psychotically and bizarrely angry at hair color or haircut, or song choice?

I kinda think we might be punk'd here, but even so - to give TMZ and the other garbage media the power to "force Clay's hand" over something that is absolutely none of our business? Ridiculous. And this bit of news or gossip is just being tossed about to get internet hits or sell advertising so people can buy cars or peanut butter - the people "reporting" this stuff don't really give a shit, they just want to earn some money.

That is the unthinkable thing to me, that he needs to respond to gossip sites or even any news sites. He took back his life. From everybody. Other people's need to know or want to know is not his responsibility or problem.

Heh, if it was me I would just dissolve the fan club. I would do that before I would placate or feel forced to explain one damed thing.

For myself, if this is true, I would just be angry as hell that it was leaked in the first place, not angry that I didn't get first dibs on the info.

If it is true, it is delightful, IMO, if not, behold the power of the press - how easy to manipulate folks! Even though folks should be a bit aware of how this crap works. I think the days of a Connie Chung or Barbara Wawa sticking a microphone in someone's face and saying the people need to know or want to know or don't you feel you must explain to the people? are fading fast - the correct response is to shove the mic up their nose. Or somewhere.

Bravo djs111. Bravo. Bravo.

Clay owes me nothing. I've always said this but I guess I must mean it, because other than being once again surprised at the extreme feelings of fans in regards to Clay, I don't care about the story. I'm not trying to be flippant about the feelings of others. I just cannot relate to anger, disappointment and so on. There is a huge wall there for me. I'm ready to move on without even knowing the ending to this story.

Just had a way out there thought.

Looking at it strictly from a genetic point of view - I'm not sure that Clay would be the sperm donor of choice. All of his allergies are nothing I would wish on my child.

I don't know if the voice could be inherited.

The cheekbones, however .... hmmmmm do cheekbones out weigh allergies?

So I went to bed last night with the computer still on, figuring I'd wake up when someone IMed. Well, couchie did :F_05BL17blowkiss: about the Canada.com thing, but only after I'd been woken with a phone call from a lady I haven't spoken to in many months.......telling me to turn on the TV, Clay Aiken was going to sing on Leno! :P Hee, I managed to thank her for giving me a heads up......BWAH.

So anyways, this morning I am just hoping that somewhere, Clay is getting a kick out of this. Because if there is no truth to it, I think he might be laughing his ass off, and then eventually issue a statement denying the whole thing, and use it as more fodder about how the "news" is not hard news any longer, because they run with tabloid stories with no basis in truth. However, I hope he isn't somewhere totally pissed that someone leaked his and/or Jaymes' personal info (if there is truth to the story). I don't expect anything from him, if it's true, because it's none of my business how it happened or why it happened. But I want him to be happy. I don't want him to be pissed. What if it's true but he didn't plan to make it public? What if it's true but he had other plans for making the announcement? I hope it's true and he makes a statement that he and Jaymes are very happy. But in any of the above scenarios, my fandom will continue on as always. His private life is fascinating, but ultimately none of my business.

From CV:

Page Six reporting that the Foster family is not going to comment on this story until the baby is born. It may be a long summer.

But then again, Page Six is so reliable...NOT!!!!

Sorry, don't want to link it here.

It took me a while last night trying to catch up on all the news. You guys all had a lot to say! :cryingwlaughter: It was so late by then I didn't really know what to think about the "baby news". My first reaction is that it is totally untrue except for the fact that Jaymes is pregnant. What I can't get past is the idea of Clay wanting to have a baby with someone (no matter their age) in this way. I'm not talking about the artificial insemination, but that Clay would want to father a child that would essentially be raised by someone else. Yes, of course, he would be around, but unless he was living with Jaymes (or vice versa) he wouldn't be there on a daily basis.

I don't know Clay personally and don't know anything really, but I do think that he would want to be a totally involved dad who would be there every day for his child. I just kind of think he's a lot more traditional than this and would want the whole wife, kids, all living together thing.

If I'm just totally off my rocker....which wouldn't be unusual.....and the story is true, then I would be very happy for Clay. No stones thrown from me! I would love for him to be a daddy whenever and however he wanted. Just don't think there's much truth to this story! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Well, I stirred at 5 Am and ABC (Diane Sawyer's network) was still reporting that not only was Clay still in SPamalot, but he is having this baby with his album's producer's younger sister.

I know people were angry with Clayandr reading at the OFC and not posting, but some of the stuff was pretty nasty about her, so I can see where she just shut the board down. No mater what is going down, there are real people with feeligs involved. Clay really needed a tough raising to survive the ire of some of his fans. And to accept that people who claim to support him could turn on a dime and decided he has not given them all that he owes them.

I have to leave for a while, anyone going to watch R&K today? or M&J.

Usher is giving a concert on ABC, no Clay on the little news, I missed the discussion they have earlier in the show by actually sleeping for a bit.

I have no shame.

None.

Hey! I'm hoping it increases sales, too. They might as well get some benefit from this!

BTW, I don't know how many of you know or remember, but I know well the judgmental reactions fans can have to 'lifestyle choices'. My DH and I went to see Quiana in Charleston when she was pregnant (it was Valentine's weekend) and she told me I could share the news.

Well you'd have thought I had announced that Quiana was in jail for robbery/homicide from some of the reactions! I was totally blindsided!

I galls me to see how much people think they have a right to tell other people how to live their lives. Of course, religion came into it. How could she claim to be a Christian and still have a baby out of wedlock?

So I'm not surprised heads are exploding.

And - I don't think Clay or Jaymes owe me any kind of answer. Just because some entertainment outlet made an announcement, that doesn't mean C&J must address or clarify. IMO

ETA:

ANybody watching GMA?Paparazzi story about celebs and kids.

(CG)

Thanks for sharing your feelings with us. I bet you are not alone in this fandom and I think it takes a lot of courage to actually put your feelings out there like this. I can understand your fear of things maybe changing once Clay does get a family. I personally don't think his career will change except maybe we will get to see his family on tour or he will be singing about the joys of fatherhood...but as you said...its just something we will have to get used to when it does happen.

As to him owing us an explanation....I do think he should give a statement about this not because he OWES us because I don;t think he needs to explain his private life to anybody but to manage this story since it does involve a good friend and the media can be savage. BUT I do agree with KF when she said that it should be Jaymes that makes this call. It should be her decision when, what and how to give out the information. I don;t think Clay is laughing about this cos this probably is a very stressful time for Jaymes. This is also a high risk pregnancy because of her age and stress is not good for her. We don't know what's true except that she is pregnant. The confirmation was done by David's publicist, the denial was done by David's ex wife...both parties are not really involved in this story so I do not know who to believe. All I know is that since this involved Clay...it became a big story and hopefully they can start to manage it at this point.

txflwrgirl...I had the same reaction as you. I really didn;t think this could be true because I got the impression he wanted a family...not just a kid at all cost. BUT time and time again Clay has shown me that I am not him...I do not know him...because ever since he came out on stage wearing a red leather jacket shaking his hips to grease...he has managed to surprised me in so many ways. I don't know his relationship with Jaymes so at this point all I can say is that if this is true...I just wish all of them happiness.

OK, I almost forgot this with everything going on, but to change the subject a little bit....

Remember my experiment - my market research on OWMH that I did on my co-worker? She is 27 years old. According to the survey I gave her, her favorite artists are Aerosmith, Keith Urban and (are you ready for this?) Ashlee Simpson. Over the weekend I will go into more detail of what she thought of the mystery album (OMWH plus both bonus tracks), but these were her comments that she made about the CD overall after listening to it 4 times:

I really enjoyed this CD. The artist's voice sounded familiar but I couldn't quite figure out who he was exactly. I think a lot of the songs are good enough to be on the radio. I enjoyed the CD as a whole the first time I listened to it and the more I listened, the more I liked the songs!

Her top 3 songs were Ashes, Falling and WOTW. Her least favorite was SAU, followed by LAA and GOG. Oh, and OMWH the song was her 4th favorite.

That said, SAU - her least favorite - she said she had a very high emotional connection and she rated the voice, melody, production, tempo all second from the highest rating! So even though it was her least favorite song, she still really liked it!

BUT, she said she was somewhat unlikely to purchase the CD. She rarely purchases or downloads a full CD - averages one or two a year. But she regularly downloads individual songs.

If this is becoming the norm, no wonder CDs aren't selling well. As much as she seems to have liked the CD (and looking over the rest of her answers, she did like it a lot), she wouldn't likely buy it as a whole.

Thought it was interesting. Like I said, once all this baby talk is done I will go over the survey as a whole.

Thanks for doing this CG. Did you tell her its Clay singing? If so what was her reaction to that. Cos if I had enough money I would like to do this same survey with a good representative number but one half has a blind survey and the other knows its a Clay CD. I just wonder if there really is a bias against his music. With regards to buying CDs, I think its really rare right now. The only CD I;ve bought in the last few years are Clay CDs and one or two CDs to give my girls. The rest I dl. Thats why its still an accomplishment for clay to be selling as much as he did on his first week without a radio hit...just on the strength of his name.