#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

From what I've seen last night & this morning, it's a few - surprisingly few, to me - and mainly at the OFC who are way out there in their reactions. I agree with both sides. This is a very personal, private matter and I've always been one of the staunchest defenders of Clay's private life being strictly HIS business. On the other hand, as CG said, with the cat out of the bag, especially in this manner, a simple statement would be nice. Whatever. We're all human and we all feel what we feel.

I think I'm more WTF over the fact that this originated at TMZ. T.M.Z. And supposed legitimate news outlets are reporting it as "news". TMZ? Really? Blech.

CG, let me just say that I completely understood your post last night about this...I even understand your sense of loss. It might comfort you to know I've seen other people expressing similar emotions and also a strong desire to 'hear it from Clay'. So (((hugs))) to you and to anyone else feeling disconcerted by this development and by 'not knowing'.

Everybody hang in there! :) :F_05BL17blowkiss:

It's really none of our damn business who Jaymes' baby's father is.

(However, I got up and ran to the computer at 7:30 this morning just in case someone decided to share.)

After a night to ponder, here's my position (heh):

Last night I said to hubby, "Clay and his older executive producer are going to have a baby, it would appear."

"Good for them!"

"Thing is...this is being 'reported' by TMZ and neither Clay nor Jaymes has made any kind of statement about anything."

Mr. Muski then just looked over at me and said, "Oh, well then...never mind."

I started thinking this morning that all these 'confirmations' are being made by semi-legit sources (Sorry, but I stopped counting People Mag. as a trustworthy news source some time ago.) and with parties oddly connected with the actual news subjects (Jaymes' brother's rep? Jaymes' brother's ex?).

Each time I read another report from a different media outlet, there's a different spin on things: Clay's a good friend to donate. The couple are happy but won't comment until after the birth. Clay's been friends with her since AI (not). Clay's going to be hands-on (heh) in the rearing of the child; he merely donated his sperm. Etc.

It's mind boggling and not a little distracting to this poor fan who actually needs to focus on her job! *g* So I've decided I'm going to just let the wheels on the bus turn---as they are most definitely inclined to do---and wait until Clay or Jaymes confirms or denies or corrects a version of this so-called NEWSFLASH.

And if neither does that? Well...I....

Stop confusing me.

ETA: annabear

I think I'm more WTF over the fact that this originated at TMZ. T.M.Z. And supposed legitimate news outlets are reporting it as "news". TMZ? Really? Blech.
This is what made me begin to think that this could either be an intentional media punk job (is that a PJ?) or a wonderful case study of what 'journalism' has become. The more I think about my original idea that Clay and team might even have planted this, the less I believe it. Too much at stake, both to a personal extent and a professional one, in that doing such a thing could forever compromise his own integrity and assertion that he's honest, etc.

So if this is all just a typical TMZ or similar rag's way of 'making' news and then getting more advertising dollars, I could see Clay and Jaymes deciding to just let everybody flap around in the wind, and to sit back with their popcorn and watch the absurd gyrations of our modern day 'news' outlets make jackasses of themselves.

In any case...I love the man and want him to be rich and happy and loved, so whatever floats his aircraft carrier, barge, luxury cruise ship, tanker boat. :cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I guess I have trouble with thinking that TMZ's info about an intensely personal matter is a "cat out of the bag". Also don't think of the fans as necessarily "bread-and-butter" that need to be appeased. Don't think any statement whatsoever from Clay will change a damned thing, the speculation and cheers and insinuations and anger and whatever will march on undeterred, just like all the times he has said he is not gay have not changed or stopped anything.

Claygasm, yes, we can agree to disagree, but if you want to read stuff into my posts about morally wrong and whatever, that is your business. I just think this particular event, much like Clay's sexuality, is on the other side of a wall, and should be respected as such.

My hope is that he portentiously, and with great fanfare, blogs about his favorite color, and lets Jaymes decide what she wants to do about news leaks concerning her body. IMO it is not for Clay to announce anything, really, it would be ungentlemanly.

Annabear that was my impression too... I really don't care what people's opinions are or that they discuss them on their own boards (although treating Clay like some stupid kid who ain't man enough to make this decision without being tricked IF IT WERE TRUE hee) is a bit much. I also think in something this personal you don't get to ram crazy crap down Clay and Jaymes' throat at the OFC. But that's just my opinion.

As for the rumors swirling around? My opinion on that is really so what. If you don't get into the dregs of the internet most of the reporting is fine and so I don't see a need to rush to explain. He understands all of the ramifications of this and it's his life. It's THEIR life. And when he has wanted to shut something down right away, he has done it -- the footsies, TBAF, law suit from author, reunion tour. So he HAS spoken up when he felt it was important and he'll do the same for this issue when he's ready. To me this is all so much ripagate in that it might be annoying but ultimately how harmful is it.

Well, I was up until past 1am this morning trying to catch up, and it does seem to be only a few who are in hysterics about this. I don't have a problem with people being in shock, but it really bugs me when I read some posts about Clay disappointing them or not being the man they thought he was, etc. Maybe its because I'm fairly liberal in my views so this doesn't bother me a bit if its true, however it happened. But I still don't understand the position that he has not lived up to their expectations. He is not a priest, nor has he ever taken a moral high ground so that if he didn't live up to it, people might have some right to go after him about his choices. He doesn't tell any of us how to live our lives, other than to remind us about people who could use our help, so don't have the right to tell him how to live his. And that's my feelings on the subject.

Now, as far as him addressing the issue, I'm in the camp that believes he doesn't have to do anything but I would really like to know anyway. But since he has not been on the OFC, its my belief that he may not be available to comment right now, so I'm hoping he is safe.

I'm so happy! A guy I know finally called me and let me know that my boy was on Leno last night - and that's he's gone all "Hollywood" by knocking up an older woman! He didn't seem surprised though.

At this point, regarding this matter, I personally don't think Clay even owes us information. I vaguely remember being pregnant, and one of the things I remember is thinking people need to leave me the fuck alone. Strangers wanting to touch my belly and give me advice - they are lucky I wasn't walking around with a chainsaw - because I definitely would have used it. Different people have different levels of tolerance of what to share with the world - whether or not the world can see it or not. What the public can see may be all they want to share. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Didn't Clay say that he was going on Unicef trip after he finished album promotion? He also said that it was to an undisclosed location because of safety reasons. Remember fans being upset because he did not address confusion about Texas concert change, and he was in Afghanistan at the time. He could be out of the country. Have there been any Clay sightings in the US?

I am also in the camp that believes that he doesn't need to address the issue, but I would like to know anyway. I strongly feel that he does not owe us anything but his music and good entertainment, but what can I say, I am nosy and hope that he wants to share.

Totally off-topic but I just read this morning that Harvey Korman died. I really enjoyed him on the Carol Burnett show.

Still hoping for some more info before I go to work. That way I know whether to offer congratulations to Clay, already giving my congrats to Jaymes, or whether to blast the media for being such dumb butts.

For me, the only scenario to surface that makes any sense to me whatsoever is what Jaymes’ former sister-in-law (who supposedly she is still friends with) said – that Jaymes is pregnant but Clay is not the father. I can see the following scenario happening.

While in LA Clay is out and about with Jaymes, who is pregnant. Clay being a rather touchy feely type, probably showed affection toward his close friend. Some gossip type person saw them and started wondering if the kid is his. He probably used his slimely sources and found out Jaymes had conceived through artificial insemination and either decided it was Clay’s (probably thinking Clay was gay so how else could it be his) or decided it would make nice, juicy gossip to say it was Clay’s. No one cares about Jaymes in and of herself, but put Clay in the mix – especially with the artificial insemination angle – and you have a story! Then he gets someone from the Foster camp to pose as the person who supposedly gave the oddly worded statement confirming all this, or you just come up with it on your own. Voila! Confirmation and now all the semi-legitimate news outlets are reporting it (it was even on the Today show this morning, I read). Big story for someone whose career is all but over because his album tanked! And never let the facts get in the way of a good story!

But as word spreads the Foster camp (and probably Clay assuming he is aware of it) are upset. The last thing they probably want is all this gossip possibly upsetting Jaymes at this point! But they don’t want to stir the fire, so to speak, and they KNOW Clay has a policy of not commenting on gossip and crap, so they first retract the so-called statement made by a supposed spokesperson for the Fosters and then the former sister-in-law (and apparently friend) attempts to set the record straight in that one article. The Fosters then decide to take a page from Clay’s book and not comment any further.

The only think I find odd is none of the news outlets that ran with the story originally seem to be mentioning what the former sister-in-law said. I mean, why not bring that statement up? Oh, I forgot. That would raise the possibility that the story is false and we wouldn’t want that, would we!

Yup, this scenario is VERY believable to me – sad though it may be. But I for one find it completely unbelievable that Clay and Jaymes are having a kid together, that – to quote the supposed Foster rep – Clay “impregnated” Jaymes, that they are good pals and have no plans to marry. While for some that scenario may not be so far fetched, with everything we know of Clay (which admittedly is not much), and all we have heard him say in the past, I just cannot imagine that. It is MUCH easier to believe that the “details” of Jaymes’ pregnancy were manufactured for the sake of selling a good piece of gossip.

Actually, that is very easy to believe in today’s world.

So until and unless we get word from Clay and Jaymes that they are going to be parents together (and yes, they will need to confirm it eventually if it is true, IMO), I do not believe it is true. FOR ME, it is the only scenario that is logical to me and that is how I have to operate.

You know what they say – consider the source and the source is TMZ.

So, GREAT news about OWMH breaking into the 20’s! Woo hoo!! If Clay can impregnate a few more women, we may have a #1 single on our hands!

I'm so happy! A guy I know finally called me and let me know that my boy was on Leno last night - and that's he's gone all "Hollywood" by knocking up an older woman! He didn't seem surprised though.

Hee. And Usher got a big feature story in last week's Entertainment Weekly that talked a great deal about the exact same topic - having a baby with an older, previously-married woman and his formerly tumultuous personal life. I was somewhat surprised how little of the article was actually about his new album.

She was all up on me screaming "Yeah, Yeah!"

I was awakened by my daughter calling me on her way to work. "So is it true Mum. Is Clay going to be a daddy?"

So I got on the board here and read her one of the latest sensible posts and said I won't know unless one of them confirms the story.

After scanning a couple of other boards, I felt relief that all the talk about what is perceived to be poor CD sales is off the agenda, for today at least.

What's that Bonnie Rait song "Let's give them something to talk about"?

I saw that story about the little boy with autism the other day, justclay12. Unbelievable!!

And RIP Harvey Korman. I used to love watching the Carol Burnett show. He was an incredibly talented actor/comedian.

You guys that are waiting for a reputable news source ... could you point me in the direction of one? Personally I can't tell the difference between TMZ and FOX or CNN or MTV or MSNBC or E or CBS or ABC or VH1. They've all passed off huge lies about life and death, war and peace -- bald-faced lies, or slight of hand, misdirection lies, or the preponderance of one false opinion lies ... so when someone really discovers that reputable, trustworthy source of information, please share.

And as for waiting for Clay to disclose his innermost feelings about a situation wherein he may be the father and/or father figure to a baby coming into this world in a matter of weeks, don't hold your breath. He's withheld much less meaningful stuff.

I'll just say this ... Jaymes is the only person I ever shipped Clay with -- because of the little clips I'd see when I came into the fandom, like he said she's probably the #1 Claymate/Claynadian, and he had her do the Carwash dance, and all the hot looks he gave her in various JBT videos and pictures -- then she shows up on the OFC posting as Clayandr and doing her own blog. It hit critical mass for me over reports from the September 2006 Foster Gala, when several fans on the ground were trying to ship Clay and Kristy and were looking for citings in Vancouver. But the late night reports were that Clay had gotten on the elevator to his room about 1 in the morning with an older woman, a petite brunette. Then the next day Jaymes Foster was identified as the woman walking Durham. Then she made the rounds with Faye. Then the goo-goo eyes and body contact during the videos from the Starsearch night. Then he's hanging at her house in California. Then she's on the JnaT tour with him and in Raleigh on Christmas Eve -- then she has special permission to call him "Clayton" and Faye says she's a member of the family. And they are always touchy, feely. She's the only one I ever shipped at all.

I'll just say this ... Jaymes is the only person I ever shipped Clay with -- because of the little clips I'd see when I came into the fandom, like he said she's probably the #1 Claymate/Claynadian, and he had her do the Carwash dance, and all the hot looks he gave her in various JBT videos and pictures -- then she shows up on the OFC posting as Clayandr and doing her own blog. It hit critical mass for me over reports from the September 2006 Foster Gala, when several fans on the ground were trying to ship Clay and Kristy and were looking for citings in Vancouver. But the late night reports were that Clay had gotten on the elevator to his room about 1 in the morning with an older woman, a petite brunette. Then the next day Jaymes Foster was identified as the woman walking Durham. Then she made the rounds with Faye. Then the goo-goo eyes and body contact during the videos from the Starsearch night. Then he's hanging at her house in California. Then she's on the JnaT tour with him and in Raleigh on Christmas Eve -- then she has special permission to call him "Clayton" and Faye says she's a member of the family. And they are always touchy, feely. She's the only one I ever shipped at all.

Wow you're good!!!!

You guys that are waiting for a reputable news source ... could you point me in the direction of one? Personally I can't tell the difference between TMZ and FOX or CNN or MTV or MSNBC or E or CBS or ABC or VH1. They've all passed off huge lies about life and death, war and peace -- bald-faced lies, or slight of hand, misdirection lies, or the preponderance of one false opinion lies ... so when someone really discovers that reputable, trustworthy source of information, please share.

And as for waiting for Clay to disclose his innermost feelings about a situation wherein he may be the father and/or father figure to a baby coming into this world in a matter of weeks, don't hold your breath. He's withheld much less meaningful stuff.

I'd add his recent answer to the question about his favorite song on the CD, ASAWH because it was the song that brought him and Jaymes together. I've never done much shipping at all, but I would say there have been signs all along that they were close.

Wow you're good!!!!

hi there, people---

I have to go along with the above.

This is hard. It's been less than 24 hours since we got this news. It's hard for everyone to be sitting around, thinking "any minute now, we'll find out the truth."

Now I ask you, "WHEN HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED?"

We should know better by now. I should know by now, that it just doesn't happen that way.

I also don't think "we" - the collective "we" meaning the general public - are really not "entitled" to an explanation. Entitlement doesn't stretch that far. We are entitled to plunk down X amount of dollars for our concert ticket, CD, cable service, and plunk our butts down to listen or watch and that's about it.

Would it be nice to know? Of course. It would also be nice to know the Coca-cola formula, or the Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe, or the Special Sauce ingredients on a Big Mac. But unless we get the job of being the secret-keeper, that's not likely to happen.

For the moment I am chalking it up to the usual tabloid crap. I think someone got some information that was dreadfully wrong. There are so many levels where this information could be erroneous. At this point I am not even really convinced that Jaymes is PG!

And if she is, I wish her well. I hope this added stress hasn't caused her any medical problems. As for her being online at the OFC last night, maybe she had a friend go on in her name and check it out, while she reclined on the couch. Makes sense to me!!!

What we need now, is some pretty pictures......

SCATGI1.gif

There are so many levels where this information could be erroneous. At this point I am not even really convinced that Jaymes is PG!

I know! If we don't necessarily believe TMZ or Canada.com, how do we "know" anything? AFAIK Jaymes has not yet spoken to even confirm or deny that much.

Just got the cutest text message from my son:

This Clay Aiken CD that someone left in my car is kinda catchy

It is when "want" turns to "need" and/or "demand" and "anger" that it creeps me out.

I am soooo not up with the reasoning that the prying for entertainment and shilling purposes is OK because it has been done for a long long time. I read a column today that called the new internet and reality TV invasiveness the new pornography - that is what this feels like to me, for some reason. Bread and circuses.

And this stuff does change - used to be that Hollywood stars were pretty much told what to do with their personal lives - up to and including who to date and who to MARRY - by studios and PR people. I know some dinosaurs still think that is the way it should be, but I believe the entertainers successfully rebelled.

I’m with you. I don’t think that “it’s always been that way” is a good reason for it to continue to be that way or to give up on hoping for change. It’s the same thing as the endless speculation about Clay’s sexuality. If we want that to stop – because it’s silly, and unimportant, or people become hateful about it or it shouldn't be such a big deal to people – then we have to show disapproval (or a great "who cares?") of that behavior for ALL people to the point that the media get the message. If you don’t find it to be a big deal that they do that, then there’s no problem. But I can’t see complaining about one thing and not reacting the same way to this. It’s really the same exact thing.

Hell, I’m curious too and would like to know – but it IS distasteful that the media spends so much time on shit like this. And it ain’t just Clay; the shit that gets coverage on mainstream news these days is rather disturbing. I find that if you talk to other people and point out how salacious some of this stuff is, they stop and think about what it is they’re talking about. Maybe that’s a good start in changing it. For example, my sister made a crack over the weekend about Star Jones getting divorced. "That's what happens when you marry a gay man." I said, "You know, it's entirely possible, even probable that Star is a bitch." My sister, queen of irony says, "I don't know Star." I said, "You don't know her husband either." Stopped her cold. Her only response? "Good point." I think people have gotten used to this such that they don't see how disturbing some of it is. Why do you CARE about random people getting divorced or who they sleep with, particularly if you are not a fan of them professionally??

Everything is cyclical – again I agree with djs, that people like Seacrest will put a lot of this shit out of business.

Um….Occam’s Razor, dudes.

Are we still engaged? <g> There is no such thing as a reliable news source. None. Nadda. Zip. That has been apparent for a very long time. ABC is actually one of the worst – also becoming clearer every single day.

The news programs were crediting People which credited TMZ - so remove People and the news stories are gone.

E! announced that there would be more details about the mother of Clay's child on tonight's show. Poor Jaymes.

luckiest...that's a great note from your son! :cryingwlaughter:

keepingfaith---all those things you listed? Yep, I've done that list a few times in my head these past years, too... :whistling-1: I don't find it a stretch at all to imagine them as a couple...hiding in plain sight, I keep saying... :whistling-1:

Oh BWAH! I have my computer music player on shuffle and know what just came on? WPB banter before the Theme Songs section...and they're talking about watching tv, Maury Povich...and Clay says, "Oh, yeah. That's class....I AM NOT YO BABY'S DADDY!"

:lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1: :lmaosmiley-1:

ETA: wait! What did I miss? What's this about Seacrest? :huh:

Everything is cyclical – again I agree with djs, that people like Seacrest will put a lot of this shit out of business.