#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

OK, I want to know more about that picture that kf was talking about with jaymes holding a dog and Clay with his pants legs rolled up. I personally like looking at Clay's legs and I've never seen this one.

I have it somewhere and it was posted at the CH recently. With all due respect to kf, I will never get why that picture indicates anymore than friendship. Clay looks like crap. They are not standing anywhere near each other or even looking at each other. A whole bunch of other people are in it, including Jamie. Just looks like a fun gathering of friends and family to me.

So, the topic de jour...I hope it is true, I want it to be true and I will be a disappointed if it is not because I like Jaymes. I agree with Keepingfaith's assessment; go back and re-read his thank you to her on the ATDW CD...lots of admiration and love there.

I totally agree, but not romantic love necessarily. From what he wrote I think that's a HUGE stretch.

So, y'all probably don't want to hear about "The Adventures of laughn and bottlecap: Two Technophobes Learn to Load an mp3 Player", do you? :imgtongue: Anyway, we were successful! Yeah us!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to tug down my too-short skirt, tug up my too-low top, and totter off in my too-high stilettos and try to cougar a bag boy at the local Krogers.

:17f71c4d:

So, y'all probably don't want to hear about "The Adventures of laughn and bottlecap: Two Technophobes Learn to Load an mp3 Player", do you? :imgtongue: Anyway, we were successful! Yeah us!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to tug down my too-short skirt, tug up my too-low top, and totter off in my too-high stilettos and try to cougar a bag boy at the local Krogers.

:cryingwlaughter: You Go Girl!!!!

But shouldn't you be trying to land one of those guys at "The Geek Squad"?

Claygasm - I don't think people are just assuming TMZ stuff is true, most are just expressing that it would be cool if it was. They are not looking for reasons why it can't possibly be true (and I don't think anyone's opinion on what they think of the worthiness of Jaymes or that they have not personally observed closeness count for squat, just like a TMZ report doesn't count for squat).

I don't think many people who are expressing an awwwwwww are so invested in it that they will be crushed if it is not true, it is just fun to think about.

That thought doesn't need to be corrected or justified; if/when it turns out to be not true, we will just go back to our regular programming. No harm done.

HEEEE.....I sincerely doubt we would be privy to any pictures depicting Romantic Love!

But shouldn't you be trying land one of those guys at "The Geek Squad"?

Hee! :cryingwlaughter:

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

sure...you didn't invite me along! Must have been the way my New Balance tennies make my legs so shapely that you were afraid of the competition. Well, that and the stylin' MP3 player I'd have hanging from my neck. Sadly, I can't figure out how to play the thing yet, but I know there's music in there somewhere. :P

Claygasm, I have a journalism degree and have been disgusted by the direction of the media for a long time. This isn't the first and it won't be the last time a blogger item becomes truth to the mainstream. With Clay the Sewell incident went from a gossip blog to Newsweek and after that it just became true. I don't believe much of anything anymore in the news and haven't for a very long time. This all could very well be totally false, not a speck of truth, not even Jaymes being pregnant. Now most of the people who hear about this won't know that it originated on TMZ. They'll hear People magazine and they have a lot better reputation.

As for the fans, we'll we're used to talking about everything Clay. There's no way we'll shut up until verifed LOL. I can totally see a Clay blog in a few months with Clay saying...if you didn't get it from me it ain't true heee.

AI Kim - I agree love has no age boundaries. LIke anything that is a bit different from the "norm" if the people are strong and mature enough emotionally, they can handle it.

IF IF IF

Dang, my BC DVD did not arrive today. I can't wait to see this duet again.

Claygasm It's just my opinion and every picture of my husband and me doesn't show romantic love either BTW.

You are entitled to you opinion and while I don't understand the intensity of your feelings; you are entitled to them, just as I am mine.

Kim

Claygasm, I have a journalism degree and have been disgusted by the direction of the media for a long time. This isn't the first and it won't be the last time a blogger item becomes truth to the mainstream. With Clay the Sewell incident went from a gossip blog to Newsweek and after that it just became true. I don't believe much of anything anymore in the news and haven't for a very long time. This all could very well be totally false, not a speck of truth, not even Jaymes being pregnant. Now most of the people who hear about this won't know that it originated on TMZ.They'll hear People magazine and they have a lot better reputation.

And because we know that all of these video and written media sites do this, I wish we could stop rewarding them. Do we really need to track down each show's "version" of events? The only way to show that we don't agree with these tactics is to STOP WATCHING! I know it may not seem like much, but if more and more people started turning off these damn shows, maybe they wouldn't last. Same thing with all of the damn web-sites, which I refuse to give hits to-EVER.

Regarding the bolded sentence above- a guy I work with ran into me today, and said, "Oh, I printed something off for you. I know something you don't know!" It was obvious what he was talking about, so I said "I already know". He followed up with, "Well, I knew it first- I knew at 5:00 pm last night." I hated to burst his bubble, but I said "I already knew- and besides, I don't even know if any of it is true". His answer- "It has to be- it was in People!" I gave him a look, and a sneer, and went on my way. The number of people who get into this crap and treat it as gospel is disturbing.

Post-hooching:

A dewd in a shirt and tie with a slammin' company car? :hubbahubba: Awesome suggestion!

th_gsquad.jpg

YEAH, BABY! (Said in my most convincing Austin Powers voice.)

(Damn, I hate when someone quotes one of my posts and I have a boo-boo in it! Now I have to go back and fix it!)

If I never hear the name Geek Squad again I will be happy! It cost us $800 and 2 months to get a laptop back that ended up not being fixed when we got it home! It had thousands of $s of software on it so we didn't have a choice. After about 6 weeks and no laptop my DH went to get it back and the manager of the store told him that it was not fixed and he had to wait. He told her he wanted it back not fixed and she told him that it didn't work that way and that people "of his age" didn't understand these things(computers)!!!! Now my DHs business is IS and he certainly knows how these things work but she was so condesending that he was not happy. Ageism is alive and well! Talk about discrimination.

I'm looking to to buy a 60 TV and guess who will not be getting my money!

Thanks to everyone who supplied the picture. I'd never seen it before and while I don't infer any love or lack thereof, I do see Clay leg which makes me happy.

I'd be happy if it was true because then there would be a little Clay baby, but I'd also be fine if it wasn't. I do want him to be happy.

I admit that I would really love to hear something from Clay or Jaymes but that is just nosiness, not a requirement. As far as the media spins this, I could really care less. I have zero respect for the media, and I really believe most people have trouble believing them also. They may be more inclined to believe the silly tabloidy stuff, but that's only because I really don't think they give a crap one way or another. We care if its true because we care about Clay, but most people really are not that invested one way or another, and I really doubt that will be the reason someone buys or doesn't buys his cd's. And hey, if it gets people going to his myspace or a fan board or youtube, etc and they check out his songs and think this guy can really sing, maybe they'll download a song or buy a cd. People have been making comparisons to the Michael Jackson mess but I don't think that is comparible, but even if it was, people didn't stop buying Michael Jackson's cd's because he was weird, they stopped because he hasn't put out anything worth buying in years.

Hee! :cryingwlaughter:

You guys can have the geek squad, I'll take the 5'10" blond criminal masterminds that KAndre is passing by... as long as they know basic geography they're ok by me.

I don't date blonds, dudes under 5'10", people with criminal records or anyone without a basic grasp of geography. Just about anything else goes.

ETA: kimiye!!! Yes there will be ouzo! OTOH, we do have wonderful Ethiopian, sushi and death by chocolate (just not at the same place, lol!) I can drive but you'll have a long wait for me because I'll be coming from the NE part of town -- you'll be in SW Sugarland? I think you're about 50 miles away from me.

Yessss! We're all out of Cheez Doodles!!! MUAH! So... Wed or Thursday night and Saturday lunch are fine? (we have a lot of gossip friendship stuff to catch up on!) Do you want to trust us with the food choices (heh!) or will you name your favorite restaurants/cuisine? If you don't pick, we might default on Greek/Italian since we didn't get to do those last weekend.

Okay, lemme see how many I can fit in my one measly checked bag (damn oil prices and airlines!). I can only get the puffy ones, which I recall are preferred.

Yes, those times sound fine to me-- I'll double check with my sister. Probably Wed. or Thurs. are better since Saturday is kinda family reunion day, between my sister's in-laws and our family.

Although my husband might disagree, I'll eat just about anything. Greek is lovely and preferred to Italian since I can always get Italian, but Greek is sorely underrepresented in our area since our favorite restaurant moved ten miles away. Do they serve ouzo? And can someone drive me? Heh. Seriously, I'm up for anything from sushi to Ethiopian. Death by chocolate dessert is a major plus.

Eeeeeee!!!! Can't wait to see y'all!

I swear I am pooped. Between my Laker win and my pretend boyfriend's latest controversy..well thank god it's the weekend so I can just relax :cryingwlaughter:

There is just so much information out there and what's so bad is that the so called legit news on the internet stands side by side with the joe schmoe's blog. In the sporting arena it's no different. Wading through it all to find the few insightful articles can be tedius.

Anyway, I did want to comment on Clay's CD ... and say that I'm so happy to hear OMWH has broken through to the 20s.

I'm also happy Clay won the Broadway awards. What are they exactly. Is it an important award..and what's this about a reception?

ETA: Off topic...but everything worked out with my current job and I will be there through September 5th. I'm happy about that; gives me time to be prepared for a new job or unemployment while having a definite ending date in view.

I'm telling y'all...go read "Sex and the Seasoned Woman" by Gail Sheehy. How serendipitous that I chose that book at Border's discounted book section last weekend! Best $4.99 I've ever spent! AND with all this talk about younger men with older women and what attracts people and whatnot, I swear it's as if it were all planned that I should be reading this when TMZ dropped their bomb.

My hubby LOVES to read, and goes to a couple of different libraries a week. He went to the library today and got 'Sex and the Seasoned Woman' for me! Can't wait to read it. Course hubby had to joke about sprinkling me with cinnamon and licking it off, but I'll indulge him the joke since he was sweet enough to get me the book!

But that said, I don't think we are going to hear anything from Clay until after the baby is born; The Foster family issued a statement saying they would not comment until after the birth and if they are not talking, I don't think Clay will be either.

I've been thinking that this might be the case, too, aikim. Yesterday I was so wanting Clay to blog, but I'm coming to terms with the thought that we may not know anything until after the baby is born. Course, Clay could blog while I'm posting this, too, or he could possibly be overseas with UNICEF and blog when he gets back. But I won't be too surprised if he waits awhile to confirm or deny the rumors, for a number of reasons.

Here is that picture of Clay and family and friends:

ClayJaymes.jpg

I just don't see romantic love in that picture!

I think that Clay is adorable in that picture. Not handsome or a sex God, but adorable. Now, take off those glasses and the clothes one by one, and there is definitely a hawt sex God lurking underneath!

Off topic - I stopped and picked up William Joseph's new CD, Beyond, today! I really like it. I was a fan of Wm. Joseph before he played for Clay's JNT. I also picked up another OMWH from Walmart to give to my daughter's BFF. She loved the ATDW I gave her, so I'm going to surprise her with OMWH. And I had to have a copy with FIEKY, cuz I love that song!

ETA: Couchie - so glad that the job situation is working out better than you anticipated! I'll send some positive vibes your way for a new, even better job situation.

ETA again: I get a some of my news from the Comcast home page. The home screen has 'latest headlines' with pictures and titles, and then there are other, less newsworthy stories below. Here's what tickles me - Clay is one of the latest headlines, with his picture right next to Brangelina. And guess who is below? David Cook, with news about all of his digital downloads! Once again, Clay outshines the latest idol winner!

I do not for one minute think that Clay and Jaymes did not think through all the ramifications of having a child...how it would be percieved by the fans, the press and how it would affect both their lives and careers. Clay is not a stupid man.

Kim

I soo agree.

I am also not surprised about the 'shipping' (see how good I am getting at using FCA'ism?) of Clay and Jaymes. Clay has dropped lots of hints about his friendship with Jaymes, LOTS. And I have never forgotten that YouTube clip of the two of them whispering, i.e. the body language involved

Clearly they are very close, and that vid is an old one. The relationship didn't start just now.

Regardless of whether the relationship is just one of extremely close friends or something more, their age shouldn't come into it. If Jaymes were the male and Clay the female in this relationship, no one would make a big deal of it.

The one thing all this tells me is that Clay is BIG news. And another thing, these kinds of planned babies are so very wanted that the parents involved go to such extremes to have them. With so many babies born to people who breed like rabbits and don't stop to wonder for one minute about the new life they are creating, I have no problem with the making of this special baby. I would welcome any baby that will be subject to Clay's values. Lucky, lucky baby, and lucky, lucky world to have another 'quality human being' (to quote the host of AYSTAFG after Clay had won $300K for TBAF.

I just cannot deny Clay any personal happiness. It doesn't have to 'fit' other people's perception of how he should be happy, it only needs to fit his.

Wow!! So many well-written posts on the topic du jour. I'm going to have to go back and re-read tomorrow, since I am so tired I can barely see straight!!

I see the question was raised....why Jaymes?

Someone pointed out Clay's dedication to her on the ATDW liner notes without quoting it, as far as I can see. Honeybee at CV put it up earlier today:

And while I'm talking dedications....remember this?

Jaymes Foster: How we ended up on the same page in each other's lives at the same time I may never understand. What I do know is that I am thankful daily that God saw fit to introduce me to someone as talented, wise and genuine as you. That you believed in me enough to take on this project with me and stick with it through so much has been one of the biggest blessings I've been given...but not as big as the blessing of having you as a trusted and indispensable friend.

This was from the liner notes to ATDW...don't even know why I posted this, but it makes me feel kinda schmoopy. Not sure what kind of love it is, but it looks to me like Clay loves Jaymes very much :wub:

It appears that Clay felt Jaymes stood by him and cared about him as not just a colleague but at the very least a dear friend during one of the roughest periods of his life. I think I can easily see "Why Jaymes?"

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to all.

Well I've been sitting here reading, sitting on my hands to keep from typing responses that wouldn't be well received, trying to figure out how I feel about the baby momma/baby daddy situation. It just seems weird. I don't think it's cute or sweet or disgusting or bad or wrong, just.....weird.

My daughter and I were in the car going shopping and I turned on OMWH and she immediately said, "So, Clay's gonna be a daddy, huh?" I told her that that was what was being reported by TMZ, but it hadn't been confirmed by anyone official and that a Canadian news outlet had refuted the rumor. We also talked some about the tabloid nature of TMZ and the fact that they're an unreliable news source, but since she had heard the story on Fox she assumed it to be verifiable. She also thinks it's a weird scenario. And neither of us think it will drive his CD sales in any way. In fact she made the comment that she quit buying Michael Jackson's music when he just got too weird and didn't think this story would do Clay any favors. And as Claygasm mentioned, if it turns out not to be true, you can bet your bottom dollar that not one of these 'news sources' is going to bother to correct themselves.

I've been pondering on this story and I just can't for the life of me make sense of it. It's just.......weird.

I want to address the Michael Jackson thing again. I still think that if he had come out with a great cd, people would rush out to buy it, that is, if it was given airplay, freak or not. And I don't think that this rumor or the last crap that was spread, is anywhere near as freaky as the MJ stuff. It's not like he killed anyone or anything.

I want to address the Michael Jackson thing again. I still think that if he had come out with a great cd, people would rush out to buy it, that is, if it was given airplay, freak or not. And I don't think that this rumor or the last crap that was spread, is anywhere near as freaky as the MJ stuff. It's not like he killed anyone or anything.

Not so fast there just clay, seems to me like a number of fans have claimed to be kilt dead on more than one occaission, but maybe it is forgiven because they seem to rise from the dead in time for front row seat tickets!