#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Crap, I gotta explain my stream of consciousness post.

Well, in the Age of Empires II game, William Wallace explains that whoever holds the Stone of Scone is the real King of Scotland and Edward Longshanks stole it and either squished it or took it back to London or lost it and told everybody he took it back anyhoo he sat on it for awhile and I think QEII is sitting on it now but it may be a fake one and since Clay occasionally has red hair he may be Scottish or at least as much as Forrest Whittaker (though I didn't actually see the movie) and it could be another country than Swaziland and there's no way Faye would keep a big oi' useless rock in the house but I couldn't think of anything else she could use it for (but lord knows she wouldn't through it away especially if Clay ends up King) - and frankly becoming King of Scotland would be just as life-altering for Clay as a Foster baby.

Clear now?

In case anyone's wondering, I'm desperately running around trying to avoid washing.

Yay got my broadway cares DVD!! whoo hooo

I have the order form printed and ready to fax - is it worth the $40.00? Heeeee - is that a stupid question?

ETA: By the way...on the way back from getting a latte this morning, older daughter was driving and I asked her---out of the blue---"So...when you decide to become sexually active.."

"MOM!"

"No, I'm serious. When you do, what are your plans for birth control? And health concerns?"

No response. Eyes on the road.

"Will you go on a birth control pill? Will you insist that the guy use a condom?"

"Well...duh. Yes to the condom."

"Good. And the pill?"

"Well...I mean I'm not going to TRY to get pregnant."

"No doubt the majority of teenaged mothers had the same intention. Will you go on the pill?"

"Yes..I figured I would. Both, I mean. Do both."

"Good...we can talk more later. I'll let you get back to concentrating on your driving right now."

The end. I've found that I can achieve more talking with her while we're in the car together than when I ask for a time to talk at home.

I've often talked about being a Clay Aiken fan as being on an amazing journey. Parenting is the ultimate journey, my friends. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh, yeah, parenting can be a real journey!

My 13-year old just went on her first date a couple of weeks ago. I made sure it was a double-date, but even then, you don't know what the kids will do. So I sat down with her ahead of time to talk about how to handle unwanted advances, setting limits, and why it's not a great idea to get pregnant when you're a teenager. I was surprised that she didn't yell at me to shut up and then run out of the room! She actually sat, listened to me, blushed, smirked a little and said the inevitable, "MOM!!!" I proceeded later in the day to tell my 15-year old daughter that I'd had that conversation with her younger sister, and to tell her what I'd said, just so she would have the benefit of hearing it again, too. We'll broach the birth control conversation at some point in the future. Heeee - maybe I'll ask Muski to come talk with my girls!

Hey, I love Sante Fe! I'll be happy to meet everyone there! So, when are we meeting there? I'd love to partay with some FCAers! :Pogo0:

ETA: BWAH, KAndre! :lmaosmiley-1: Could you say that whole paragraph in once breath, just as it's written, without pauses? I loved the Age of Empires game I - is game II just as fun?

One of the things Microsoft has done really, really well - I love AoE, but AoE II kicks its ASS! But AoE III? They just keep getting better! Of course the system requirements jump exponentially with each game...but look how much history I learned! heh.

*shamefacedly puts away Tetris* Oh, um, yeah I really like Sid Meier's Civilization, really I do! *lol*

No, actually Centipede is my thing -- hardly any thinking & lots of moving lights and cute sound effects.

Just read this following a People link from above ....

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20203587,00.html

Fans Show Support for Clay Aiken

By Lesley Messer

Thanks for bringing that over. It's nice to click on an article and see positive statements! Interesting that they would choose to post it. Does make me wonder if there is something happening in the background......

Only 200 votes seperating us on that darn AOL poll - anyone want to help

http://news.aol.com/the-rewind/?feature=20080529152809990001

I cut and paste the link. They may be blocking some clay sites since some people are having trouble getting through.

We are winning now! :clap:

My son and grandson are pretty much addicted to World of Warcraft.

Makes for a quiet house, except for the occasional NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU B******DS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!.....and they have little speaker/mics or whatever and talk to the other players. Used to scare the crap out of me when no one else was home and I could hear someone talking in my son's room.

I used to be addicted to Collapse, then it was spider solitaire, until Couchie posted how many she could win in a row and made me feel inadequate, now I play TextTwist all the time so that I will be the first to know when my brain starts Collapsing! Full circle!

I tried Second Life, but at the time my PC didn't have enough memory, so my avatar acted like she was on Quaaludes, so I lost interest. My avatar looked cool, though.

Just curious, does anyone think TMZ is less credible than CNN? If so, have you caught LKL lately?

TMZ has a TV show in my market. I don't watch it. B

To answer your question, it is pure sleaze. I watched part of it one time to get a feel for the show. It was one gossip story after the other told in the most salacious way. No comparison to LKL on CNN. I felt what I saw that day was almost criminal and I felt sorry for the celebrities.

One of the things Microsoft has done really, really well - I love AoE, but AoE II kicks its ASS! But AoE III? They just keep getting better! Of course the system requirements jump exponentially with each game...but look how much history I learned! heh.

EEEEEEEEE!!! Can't wait to pick it up and try it! My brand new laptop should be able to handle the system requirements with no trouble. But I have one problem - I can never stop those strategy/war games. I've been known to stay up until 1:00 or 2:00 AM playing games, when I have to work the next day. I just can't shut them off, and them I'm shocked at how much time I've been on the computer! Oh, well, it's fun! I'm going to get it anyway!

*shamefacedly puts away Tetris* Oh, um, yeah I really like Sid Meier's Civilization, really I do! *lol*

No, actually Centipede is my thing -- hardly any thinking & lots of moving lights and cute sound effects.

I love tetris. I have it on my pocket pc so I can play it anytime I'm a taxi driver for my kids and I have to wait for them somewhere. I like playing Scrabble against my pocket pc, and I have a little music game I play, too.

My son and grandson are pretty much addicted to World of Warcraft.

Makes for a quiet house, except for the occasional NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU B******DS!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!.....and they have little speaker/mics or whatever and talk to the other players. Used to scare the crap out of me when no one else was home and I could hear someone talking in my son's room.

Permaswooned's DS (or DD's BF, not sure which) works on WOW, I think. Might help to have a connection there.

I wonder if merrieeee has Guitar Hero or Rock Band? It'd be fun to see us attempt to play Nirvana -- KAndre has never heard the songs but has musical sense; I've heard the songs but have absolutely no concept of rhythm -- maybe we should take bets? Either way it'll be entertaining! (for us, not merrieeee's neighbors)

I ::heart:: Gibby!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have Guitar Hero, although I've not played it. My husband, the REAL guitar player, has it though. We've talked about buying Rock Band just because I think I'm a frustrated drummer.

If my back and knee were feeling better, I'd be using our new Wii Fit though. And we can't find Super Mario Kart for the Wii ANYWHERE.

My husband just came in -- and he says "Age of Empires III has GREAT explosions!"

I can totally imagine a situation in which Clay were not reachable to respond to this story. Yes, telecommunications allow extraordinary access these days. However, if he were in a dangerous location, it may not be wise to call him unless it were absolutely necessary. And frankly, this is not an emergency. The world doesn't have to have confirmation within 24 hours. Even if someone did let him know, he may not be in a position to make a lengthy phone call to Jaymes or his publicist. It's possible he'll address the situation when he's able to do so. Maybe Clay's and Jaymes' camps are just waiting to hear from him before proceeding more directly.

I can also imagine a scenario where he, Jaymes, and their representatives are taking their time to decide the best course of action. Let's just say, hypothetically, that it were true. What if they never meant for the child's fatherhood to be public? If Jaymes had had a baby and his or her paternity were generally unknown, the child could live an pleasantly anonymous life. Even if Clay were around as a godfather, it's doubtful the press would pay any particular attention to the child. Family and close friends might know, but he or she would be known as Jaymes' child.

If everyone knows the baby is Clay's, things are suddenly different. His child would be thoroughly discussed on message boards. The press and paparazzi would take an active interest. Crazies could target the kid. (Can you imagine how certain delusional baby mama supporters might react to him acknowledging one son or daughter when he's supposedly denying another?) There is also an affect on Clay. We all know Clay could lose some fans who disapprove of him having a child out of wedlock. (Perhaps Jaymes perused the boards at the OFC to get a sense of how such a revelation could affect Clay's standing with fans.)

So it may not be such an easy decision to confirm or deny. I could even imagine him refuting it even if it were true, simply to keep the press and the fans away from the child. Of course, this is all entirely speculative. However, the fact is, this announcement of paternity may have a very real effect on an innocent--Jaymes baby. It's not harmless gossip that can be easily ignored. That's why I have a feeling the issue will eventually be addressed. Maybe not soon, but eventually.

I'm so happy to see that Clay is slowly moving up the charts. Hopefully, all the news

will increase sales. I have no idea if he shared his sperm or not and I don't care one way or the other. If he did, GREAT. If he didn't, GREAT. If he's in love with Jaymes, GREAT. If they're just friends, GREAT.

As far as I'm concerned, age is a non-issue.

(And totally sexist)

I've never been able to wait for things I want. Even as a kid I would surreptitiously open my Christmas presents ahead of time and then carefully rewrap them so no one would know. Heeeee! So, I'm going to be making a trip to the store for Age of Empires III today or tomorrow!! And if I'm up all night playing it I'll just blame it all on KAndre. :imgtongue:

Wanda said:

I'm so happy to see that Clay is slowly moving up the charts. Hopefully, all the news

will increase sales. I have no idea if he shared his sperm or not and I don't care one way or the other. If he did, GREAT. If he didn't, GREAT. If he's in love with Jaymes, GREAT. If they're just friends, GREAT.

As far as I'm concerned, age is a non-issue.

:word::word::word:

Maybe not soon, but eventually

Would that be Clay's version of soon?

Oh and no I don't have ny of those there new fangled games. I hate everthing except Solitaire and Bookworm!

Today I went out shopping for stuff for a media room in my house I'm thinking of a Sony 52in TV. Blu-Ray and all the trimmings. I want theater style seating with cup holders. This brings me to one fine point......whoever, in the eHP, claims the red room in my house well.....sorry!! :whistling-1:

I'm going to try to make this short, oh who am I kidding. I don't feel like an admin. I don't feel I have it in me. I'm an admin by default because well it's all in my name. I didn't even want a board, it was all Ansa. When the board started to expand really really fast and became less of a sleepy village and more of a bustling small town I was totally stressed every day. The mods will tell you. Every time emotion rose, I'd overpost to try to keep things from falling off the tracks. A year later I"m pleased to say I'm really in a different place. I don't lose sleep over anything on the board. I don't mind if things get a little heated. I expect us as adults to just get through it.

The stuff I posted about how I have learned to handle message board life is not something I said to shut up anybody. It's really me! ANd not just with Clay boards but with every board I have ever been on in my life. When Clazor posted about Jaymes being a downgrade (sorry to use you clayzor) it really hit me in the gut the wrong way..and the first thing that popped into my head was "a downgrade from what, his hand?" I deleted it 2 seconds later cuz I thought it was crass and reactive and would do nothing to advance the conversation. And that was after reading it once, twice, three times. That's just my way - I'm not telling you to shut up.

I've been on the lesser side of an opinion on this board - the whole Kim Locke bruhaha. I don't care if I'm supposed to hate her. I DON'T and never will even if Clay never speaks to her again for the rest of his natural life. And yet I didn't do anything to stop anyone from saying whatever they wanted about her. I didn't take any opposite view personally.

When you go against the flow it's very hard NOT to think it's just all a pile on - and I wont' say that some people aren't a bit agressive in their posts - but we are strong women all along the spectrum. I guess I Just expect people to be able to handle it because really what's the other alternative.... edit, deletes, colors, constantly. I'm not going down that road at all.

The 06 comparison, my reaction was strong, and immediate but it was not rude or dismissive IMO. I even went out of my way to say I understood how the issue was being compared and realize how strongly you felt CG about this. But believe you me, 2006 is one issue I will never shy away from talking about in very strong terms. But the bottom line here...is that although we are discussing Clay's current controversy, most everyone has said IF IF IF IF IF enough by now that it should be understood that nobody is believing it wholesale. But if true, it is just not something that will upset me in any way whatsoever other than the usual media fallout. But guess what, I'm sad to say, that's something I've grown used to.

What is AoE? I feel stupid here.

I used to be addicted to Collapse, then it was spider solitaire, until Couchie posted how many she could win in a row and made me feel inadequate, now I play TextTwist all the time so that I will be the first to know when my brain starts Collapsing! Full circle!

I tried Second Life, but at the time my PC didn't have enough memory, so my avatar acted like she was on Quaaludes, so I lost interest. My avatar looked cool, though.

I love spider solitaire but scrabble has taken over my life. I play a few games every night. I lost my camera in NYC and the reason I was upset about was that the picture of my tiles saying CLAIKEN. Yes I took a picture of it. LOL

I remember when Tetris first came out on the Nentendo system...I think we played it for 24 straight hours. So addictive. And is it sad that I still love PacMan?

Oh and no I don't have ny of those there new fangled games. I hate everthing except Solitaire and Bookworm!

Today I went out shopping for stuff for a media room in my house I'm thinking of a Sony 52in TV. Blu-Ray and all the trimmings. I want theater style seating with cup holders. This brings me to one fine point......whoever, in the eHP, claims the red room in my house well.....sorry!! :whistling-1:

I know I"m a terrible post-ho today but I was supposed to be cleaning out my junk and didn't feel like it. It was so much more fun to hang around you all today... thanks for the company. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Red room? Nope. The yellow one's where PerusingOne and I sleep. The media room sounds great! I can easily fall asleep curled up in theatre-style seating with cup holders.

So, should I should bring a Playstation3 and either Guitar Hero or RockBand or both to kimiye's pool party? They'll work so well with the 52" TV.

Gibby, I want to get AoE too! I'm just too lazy to get in the car and drive 15 min to Fry's.

What is AoE? I feel stupid here.

Collapse, spider solitaire, TextTwist Second Life,

Tetris

I don't know what the hell y'all are talking about!!!

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

I do know what PacMan is!

:lmaosmiley-1:

Oh Scarlett the room won't be ready for while! I have to clean out a lot of junk and as you can see we are both procrastinating.

I was just getting estimates today. If I want to do it right it gonna cost a lot of money! Do I need to tell the DH how much?

3 red leather recliners with cup holders are awfully pretty! Sigh!!!! I think I will have to have a Popcorm machine and a mini fridge and a box for Raisinettes etc. This could be fun.

bwah..yeah...really gives the age away. Anybody remember PONG? hee

I remember Pong!

I also play Spider Solitaire and actually one once!

Kim

bwah..yeah...really gives the age away. Anybody remember PONG? hee

I remember Pong!

I also play Spider Solitaire and actually one once!

Kim

heee I love that game...I've tried all sorts of strategies and can win enough (under 100 moves) to keep me playing.

Crap, I gotta explain my stream of consciousness post.

Well, in the Age of Empires II game, William Wallace explains that whoever holds the Stone of Scone is the real King of Scotland and Edward Longshanks stole it and either squished it or took it back to London or lost it and told everybody he took it back anyhoo he sat on it for awhile and I think QEII is sitting on it now but it may be a fake one and since Clay occasionally has red hair he may be Scottish or at least as much as Forrest Whittaker (though I didn't actually see the movie) and it could be another country than Swaziland and there's no way Faye would keep a big oi' useless rock in the house but I couldn't think of anything else she could use it for (but lord knows she wouldn't through it away especially if Clay ends up King) - and frankly becoming King of Scotland would be just as life-altering for Clay as a Foster baby.

Clear now?

In case anyone's wondering, I'm desperately running around trying to avoid washing.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss: