#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Canfly.. I meant to tell you that I ordered my DVD through the broadway cares site. However..I looked last night and couldn't find the order form. I'm sure they haven't run out as they are still selling last year's DVD. Maybe I'm blind. Anyway the cost is $35 plus $5 for shipping. Maybe someone else has the link or can find the order form on the site.

Clayzorback... I find your whole idea of Jaymes being a "downgrade"... degrading. To many, Clay would be a "downgrade" for Jaymes. No one can see into a relationship to see what one person gives to the other to make the relationship work except those in it... no one! No one can know what makes another person do/say/be anything except the person themselves and sometimes not even themselves.

I have been on this board almost a year and love it more all the time. It is filled with intelligent, insightful women who often have a wicked sense of humor. I have seen disagreements (see above), but I have seen no exclusionary actions. You do not have to think Clay is perfect to be accepted here. You do not have to agree with everyone to be accepted here.

How you feel about how a post is responded to is totally your choice.

I feel sooo sorry for Clay. As long as he wants to try to make a living as an entertainer and work with UNICEF and keep his foundation functioning, he has to put up with being bullied on a much larger scale then when he was a kid. The man has done nothing to hurt anyone, yet he is fodder for such disrespect. He knows he is perceived as gay and nothing he says is going to change that and he has to live his life trying not to pay any attention to the crap thrown at him because of it. It boggles my mind how he keeps on keeping on. That is one strong man and anyone who loves him (us included) has to be strong, too.

I don't know if Clay is going to say a thing about this or not... I sorta expect not, so I sure hope we can turn our attention back to fun stuff very soon!

Yay for his single very slowly going up... Claygasm... I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!

All this romancing going on around here is making me jellus! :cryingwlaughter:

Man, you guys got all serious today didn'tcha? :blink:

Glad you enjoyed the montage luckiest1. It had lotz of purdy in it didn't it? :flirtysmile3:

Hey! I'm only 13 years older than Clay. That's perfect right? :DoClay::naughtywag:

I can pretend to be rich and famous or not, depending upon what he's looking for. :PickMe-1:

Clayzorback, if it matters, my remarks to you were never intended to feel disrespectful or disdainful toward you, personally. I was distressed by what you said and how you said it...and only quoted your posts in an effort to communicate WHY.

And felt, in my turn, painfully misunderstood.

Again, as I posted yesterday, if I have misjudged you, please accept my apologies. In the interests of honesty and my own self-respect, that's really all I can say.

Apology accepted and no hard feelings toward you OOlsee. I was not trying to target you specifically.

Ya know, Clayzor, you right, in general people do "stick with their own kind", but honestly there are enough exceptions to that generality for most people not to look at "strange" pairing with shock and awe. And frankly, there's a lot of room between "disrespectful" and "rose-colored glasses". Calling somebody a "downgrade" is disrespectful. It's a MAJOR line for a lot of people, especially a lot of people to whom something like that has been said in real life. I've had a guy actually explain to me that he guessed I was glad that my sister married "up" to a white guy. It did not go over well. It's saying someone is of less worth. Saying you think she's too old for him? Not disrespectful. Saying she's not as big as a celebrity? Not disrespectful. Not as talented, not as cute...all fine, all your opinion, you're entitled to it. But what you said hit a hot button for a lot of people. And individuals responded.

"Prevailing attitude" that Clay is perfect? Bullshit. The closest thing I see to a prevailing attitude is that he has a much better grasp of what's good for him, his family and his career than anyone on the outside looking in. At this point, on most of the subjects that come up, I think he's doing OK. Hell, nothing he's done bothers me as much as the blond thing (which I admit I bitch about) but beyond that - what has Clay or his posse done that requires us to be disrespectful? Called our children ugly? Bitchslapped our mamas? Told us we were fat? Nobody is making anybody wear rose-colored goggles, but ya know what? In general, mostly people who like Clay post here. Therefore most people who post here give him the benefit of the doubt. That's how this works. I personally don't think everyone here likes everything he does (mouse song singing, anyone?) but that fan thing usually means you like a lot of what he does. If you can't stand up to the prevailing wind, that's not our issue. I personally didn't like ANY of the AOL sessions. Read what seemed to be everyone's deep and abiding love, shrugged and went on. Still don't feel forced into liking them. "Prevailing attitude" or no.

Thank you KAndre for acknowledging that this does happen in real life. I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed, but I know a bit about human kind. No way do I think that people should exclude people, who may not be their peers, but in general it is the way of life.

I will agree with you that "Clay is not perfect" used to not be the prevailing attitude on this board. Or at least it wasn't when I joined here. Members here could keep a toe in reality. They could see the good and the bad in things. Smart woman who didn't think Clay was our savior. No pod people. No conspiracies, You could post you didn't care for something and not be tarrred and feathered. It just seems to have changed for some reason. My problem? Yes, but you know people have feelings, and I am no exception. I've brought friends to this board who I feel I have lost. It saddens me. I thought I had made friends on this board. Apparently not. The cold shoulder on this board is so transparent you can cut it with a knife and I just find it sad. The only time I get any acknowledgement from anyone on here anymore is when I say something they don't like. Never mind all the wonderful stuff I might have been posting. Never mind I am as much a fan as anyone else on here. It has become like vultures waiting for me to say something negative so they can come out and feast.

That's all I have to say on the matter.

Clayzor, I'm not a regular member of this board but just wanted to publicly state that you're the only reason I come here-just to see what you have to say. IMO, you are the most interesting poster on this board. I remember the first trip we took together and it seemed like the only thing we seemed to agree on was that Clay was hot and had a beautiful voice. :D And we talked and discussed the entire 8 hour trip and did not once get angry or upset with each other. These people just don't know you and how colorful and funny you are.

Keep your chin up. I posted on this board for months and I can so relate to the cold shoulder, the few times I was acknowledged, with the exception of you, was when I said something they didn't like. And then I'm reading on here the other night and someone says basically the same thing I did and hardly a peep from anyone and yet I got dogpiled on for saying the same thing, so I guess a lot of it is who you are, not what you say.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thank you my friend...................I value your opinions...............liney I have already addressed my comment about downgrading. More than once. Why won't people accept it and move on? I don't know how I can explain myself any better, nor do I care to. If the mods want me to find another board to go to then I guess I can do that. I certainly am not trying to stir the turd on here on purpose. I just gave a different view point and opinion. I sure think people are over reacting to what I said but I think sheila is right. It's not so much what you say as it is who is saying it............

Clayzorback...

liney I have already addressed my comment about downgrading. More than once. Why won't people accept it and move on? I don't know how I can explain myself any better, nor do I care to. If the mods want me to find another board to go to then I guess I can do that. I certainly am not trying to stir the turd on here on purpose. I just gave a different view point and opinion. I sure think people are over reacting to what I said but I think sheila is right. It's not so much what you say as it is who is saying it............

No, no, no... that's not what I was trying to say... It's not who said it!!! It's what was said that was inflammatory!

Moving on...

Canfly.. I meant to tell you that I ordered my DVD through the broadway cares site. However..I looked last night and couldn't find the order form. I'm sure they haven't run out as they are still selling last year's DVD. Maybe I'm blind. Anyway the cost is $35 plus $5 for shipping. Maybe someone else has the link or can find the order form on the site.
Thank you!

flowers1.gif

http://www.broadwaybeat.com/BCEFAorder.jpg

To get Clay and Hannah, order the 2008 Easter Bonnet Competition.

I hope my copy comes tomorrow!

Thank you too!

flowers1.gif

Any Canadians know if they'll ship to Canada and if so, if the S&H is the same?

Arrrrrrrgh!!! :hissy

Editing one last time cuz first time I posted, the flowers that I thought that I'd copied the code for from PB didn't copy and I accidentally posted the broadway order form link twice instead (cuz I copied the link to send to myself in an email, so I could do it later and then I screwed up twice and my internet is slow, so I got page unavailable 3 times and ...

:tantrum

(note, CF is right now not caring if the emotes show up. I'm sure you know what :hissy and :tantrum look like, so use your 'magination K?

Now post dangit! :smack

I do think a lot of the problem stems in how something is said, not particularly who says it. A lot of times, especially on others boards where I don't post as much, I don't even look at who is commenting until after I read something that I either really like or that makes me see red. And sometimes when I go to look who posted, I am usually not suprised at the person who has posted. But it really galls me when the poster that I agree with is someone who annoys the hell out of me normally.

Canuck from CV ordered one and they didn't increase the shipping charge.

As someone who ships out pins..the way the postage rates are set up now it's CHEAPER to ship to Canada than to ship from northern to southern California.

Feh. I agree that "things" happen, but it would be nice if you acknowledged the legitimacy of the complaints as well. And "addressing" your comment neither justifies nor makes it right...so people comment on it. Because they think you're wrong. And as for not knowing how "colorful and funny" a particularly poster is, well, hell - I'm funny as all shit in person. Still a complete and total bitch, but FUNNNNY. I've met a fair number of those on the this board...colorful and funny and interesting describes most of them.

I'm sorry if some haven't posted something funny or annoying enough for me to respond to. Not sorry enough to respond beyond this though.

Feh. I agree that "things" happen, but it would be nice if you acknowledged the legitimacy of the complaints as well. And "addressing" your comment neither justifies nor makes it right...so people comment on it. Because they think you're wrong. And as for not knowing how "colorful and funny" a particularly poster is, well, hell - I'm funny as all shit in person. Still a complete and total bitch, but FUNNNNY. I've met a fair number of those on the this board...colorful and funny and interesting describes most of them.

I'm sorry if some haven't posted something funny or annoying enough for me to respond to. Not sorry enough to respond beyond this though.

I'll certainly agree with the bitch part!!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: but since she is funny with it you can forgive her....well most of the time anyway :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Kewl. Thanks Paulette! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Any Canadians know if they'll ship to Canada and if so, if the S&H is the same?

Sure hope so! I ordered a bunch, and I have heard nothing to indicate it was a problem. Mind you :lol:...I've heard nothing!

"Ordered a bunch" as in "ordered exactly as many as you needed" or "ordered a bunch" as in you will have extras?

:whistling-1:

Will we see you at GDG's in a couple of weekends?

As someone who ships out pins..the way the postage rates are set up now it's CHEAPER to ship to Canada than to ship from northern to southern California.

Verra interesssssssting.

I just faxed in my Broadway Cares DVD order form, and it still says $35 for the DVD and $5 for shipping.

I notice that a lot of posts seem to be 'ignored.' No one comments on them. Some posts are commented on a lot because people have something in common with the person, they really agree with the post, or they really disagree with it. That happens at just about every message board I've visited. And it's not so much that people are being ignored, but that it's impossible to comment on every post.

If we were all talking together in person, we could see by body language that we were being listened to - people would make eye contact, nod, smile, frown, laugh, etc. But on a message board we don't get that kind of feedback. There are plenty of posts of mine that no one comments on. I assume that I'm not being ignored, but that people instead are busy posting about their lives and opinions instead of responding to mine. Heeeee, I hope I'm not being delusional. If I am being ignored, nobody tell me, okay?

:cryingwlaughter:

Anyway, Clayzor, I think I've read all of your posts, and simply didn't comment. And you've probably read my posts, and not commented on them, either. I think that message boards are more interesting when people have different points of view, so I hope you'll keep posting here, even if you have a different POV. And I'm sorry that you feel ignored - on my part, at least, it's not intentional.

I want to go to sleep, but there is a mouse in my house!!!

We have a darn mouse in our house that has figured out how to eat food out of our traps without tripping the traps. A couple of times the traps actually were tripped, but only came down on the little mouse's paw or leg, and it couldn't get free. DH, being a kind-hearted person, didn't want to kill it so he let it go in the yard! Of course, the mouse comes back. One time the mouse had it's paw stuck in the trap and noisily drug the trap around the house in the middle of the night, and DH got up to go put it outside. We are going to try a different kind of trap. Hopefully it will put the poor little mouse out of it's misery, but if not, I hope that I'll find it next time, cuz that mousie won't be around any more if I do.

Clay's spins are still increasing on AC:

#29 - CLAY AIKEN - On My Way Here - 87 spins during this 7 day period vs. 78 spins from the last 7 day period for a gain of 9 spins and an audience/million rating of 0.248.

This is GOOD!

YAY!!!!! I've been streaming a lot, and have bought a couple of OMWH singles. Hopefully with a lot of the fandom doing this it will get even more spins!

ETA: BWAH, Wanda!

So Clayzor doesn't think Jaymes is good enough for Clay and then other posters come on and say Clay isn't good enough for Jaymes. And somehow that's not insulting? Why, because she's a Foster, because she's a record producer, because she's an older woman?

Trying to regulate how someone feels and how someone expresses themselves is not being an open minded board where different opinions are welcomed. What difference should it make to any of you how another poster feels or thinks about a situation?

She's as entitled to think what she wants about this situation as you are.

If I am being ignored, nobody tell me, okay?
I'm sorry. Did you say something?

ETA,

Just cuz some of you don't really know me...I have a tendency towards being sarcastic, lol.

If in doubt, assume I'm joking, k?

So Clayzor doesn't think Jaymes is good enough for Clay and then other posters come on and say Clay isn't good enough for Jaymes. And somehow that's not insulting? Why, because she's a Foster, because she's a record producer, because she's an older woman?

Trying to regulate how someone feels and how someone expresses themselves is not being an open minded board where different opinions are welcomed. What difference should it make to any of you how another poster feels or thinks about a situation?

I never said that..I said by HER definition... Clay would't be good enough for Jaymes as I don't consider ahtletes and people who strike it rich suddenly due to their talent suddenly different than the social class they were born into. If I suddenly win America's got talent tomorrow and sold 50 million of my album I'm still a lower middle class African American woman.

I guess we'll really be the mean board now and one that is saying Clay isn't good enough for Jaymes.

Clay is more than good enough for anyone ever born. Nobody told anyone not to post their opinion. If we can only respond to agree then what exactly is the point of a message board? And to say you are offended by something is not telling someone how to post, respond or think. Is it really that hard to be post something that isn't the norm? I'm like Kandre..I honest don't care what anyone else thinks. No agreement need be made.

I do think a lot of the problem stems in how something is said, not particularly who says it. A lot of times, especially on others boards where I don't post as much, I don't even look at who is commenting until after I read something that I either really like or that makes me see red. And sometimes when I go to look who posted, I am usually not suprised at the person who has posted. But it really galls me when the poster that I agree with is someone who annoys the hell out of me normally.

justclay... BWAH!!!

Bitches United for Sperminator.

Incorporated.

wanda... I just love your posts even tho I don't respond to them all, by the way! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: I wanna pin!!! :cryingwlaughter:

If I am being ignored, nobody tell me, okay?
I'm sorry. Did you say something?

canfly... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

PErsonally, I am starting to think I am too good for some people! hurumph!

I believe the comment was the Jaymes traveled in a more rarified atmosphere as far as socialcircles go.But not having social circles, I don't have to care about either of them.

RE: mouse. It must have threatened Holly or something because she is adverse to searching for it.maybe if I can find it and tape a squirrel tail on, we would have more success. As far as trapping them, my neighbor used to use a humane trap to catch squirrels, and he was supposed to diriveto the park and drop them off. But when his wife went out shopping, he would takethem down the cellar and get out his musket and blow their little heads off, then wash the cage outside and say he dropped the squirrel off when his wife came home.

When I had a squirrel in my house, theyloaned me the cage and I could not catchit!!!! Tunrs out all the shooting at the cage had loosened the bars and the squirrel could squeeze out. I finally fiured it out, wrapped the outside with plastic wrap and finally caught the squirrel. I still have the cage, but it is for a larger thing.This was like watching a puffball with a little tail run, It was cute,but I did not want to catch it with my hands and it was too big to step on. Maybe it is a rare hampster that has escaped the neighbors. Still need tofind how it got in!

Wow...well, Clayzor thank you for making me feel like I've crashed a private party. I thought I'd found a new home here, but if newbies coming aboard upset you, then I'll pack my bags and go elsewhere.

Scarlett... :clap:

FromClagary... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I guess that's all I have to say.

Back to lurkdom

Nobody says she's not entitled to think however the hell she wants to thing - people are disagreeing with her. They get to do that too. Why even communicate with each other if you don't want some sort of acknowledgment of what you think? If it didn't make a difference to me what another poster felt or thought, I either wouldn't be on the board or I would tell them to shut up. That hasn't happened yet. This board isn't about one-sided sharing either. No one is posting in a vacuum, otherwise you might as well just talk to yourself if you don't want the give and take thing.