#33: Let's all chant "I think it can! I think it can! I think it can!"

FCA Thread Title  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What should the next thread title be at FCA?

• So, how about that Clay Aiken?
    • The guy is just endlessly fascinating, isn't he?
    • Artificial insemination, well at least we know he had a hand in it.
    • If you claim he's got titanium balls, why not let him use them?
    • I'm happy to let Clay do whatever he wants.
    • I have ears and a brain and a heart, and I like what OMWH does to them.
    • Magical Mercurial Music Maker!
    • Clay--still the one.
    • In general, his voice just DOES something good to me. It makes things seem...better, somehow.

Postwhoring to add....looks now like it might be secondhand info...my initial understanding was that the poster had seen it. So.....HUGE grain of salt is needed!

Okie doke.

Keep researching babe.

:popcorn:

Sorry ...didn't mean to come back so soon( now that didn't come out right...you are a delightful bunch a cocoanuts)...but the reference to the Access Hollywood thingy made me remember his Billy Bush interview and at the end Billy asked if the sex scandal had helped his career and Clay laughed..........not to burst any bubbles here but these entertainment shows don't tend to put new stuff on on the weekends...if ya get my drift.

It's been my experience that they tend to run repeats and try to make us think they're new articles by shifting them around. NOW, I COULD BE WRONG....I have been many times.....that's why I lurk....he,he.

I went slumming.... found the video on the Access Hollywood website. It's not an actual real-time interview with Clay. Billy Bush is talking about the "shocker", then they split in a clip of Clay's interview from last month where he's laughing about something. <_<

ETA: Yep, just what the Invisible (heh) calurker said ^^^!

Sorry ...didn't mean to come back so soon( now that didn't come out right...you are a delightful bunch a cocoanuts)...but the reference to the Access Hollywood thingy made me remember his Billy Bush interview and at the end Billy asked if the sex scandal had helped his career and Clay laughed..........not to burst any bubbles here but these entertainment shows don't tend to put new stuff on on the weekends...if ya get my drift.

It's been my experience that they tend to run repeats and try to make us think they're new articles by shifting them around. NOW, I COULD BE WRONG....I have been many times.....that's why I lurk....he,he.

That could very definitely be what she saw!

ETA: Thanks, annabear!

I think mosts folks here are not insisting it must be true, most feel it may prolly be false rumor, just expressing how we feel if it was true.

I confess I am puzzled, regarding several boards, by the need to prove it can't possibly be true or the anger or whatever. I laughed when I first heard it, but just think charming if true, and eh! if not.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I'm lurking ! :whistling-1:

I'm lurking too but my question is why the hell would "clayandr" WANT to go read there and if she does, why wouldn't she make herself/himself invisible?

And I thought "clayandr" meant Clay A & R, as in Artists and Repertoire.

***Back to lurking....***

Nice to see you, CG! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I have NO idea what he's doing but I'd like to help...

th_IMG_9008_filtered.jpg

I think he's trying to move that annoying label at the back of his hoodie.

shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....I'm lurking ! :whistling-1:

I'm lurking too but my question is why the hell would "clayandr" WANT to go read there and if she does, why wouldn't she make herself/himself invisible?

And I thought "clayandr" meant Clay A & R, as in Artists and Repertoire.

***Back to lurking....***

Nice to see you, CG! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

th_IMG_9008_filtered.jpg

My vote goes to scratching his back :cryingwlaughter:

....and......

Just had a report that Clay was on Access Hollywood....was asked about being a Daddy and just laughed.

Can't confirm a thing as I didn't see it.

If this is the Access Hollywood Weekend piece then it wasn't quite like that. It was a pieced together bit.

The start is Daddy to be Clay Aiken is expecting a child then a laugh from the Billy Bush interview. Then goes on to say the mother of the child is....

and so on.

It is at CV in the vault (probably CU, not sure)

ETA Yep its there Access Hollywood Weekend

Okay - keep in mind I have not set finger to a key board since Thursday morning....have not read any board....got an email with the "news!" So I don't know what all has been said although I did try to cruise thru a few pages here.

1. I don't think Clay is perfect but I'm not sure what that has to do with this situation. If you're imperfect you donate sperm? If you're perfect you donate sperm? Clay is a man like any other man only he's been blessed with a golden voice and some pretty good looks.....but I don't think he's perfect and I don't think it's the issue. Not sure why that was a discussion topic. Or did I misread in my hysteria?

2. I'm finding it very hard to believe because.....Clay had questionable fathers....one was abusive and the other was drunk and abusive. It seems to me - IMO - that Clay has always wanted children and that in my mind he would want to be a significant part of that child's life. Jaymes lives in California and Vancouver. Clay lives in NC. Unless the geography changes, how is he going to be a significant part of this child's life. And what are they going to tell little him or her when the child is old enough to realize something isn't quite kosher about the family!!! I'm just having a hard time with that.

3. If he loves her - no matter how many rings there are around her trunk - so be it! But then come out and take a stand! Make a statement. "I love this woman and we're having a baby!" What would be so difficult about that?

4. If he loves her as a friend and was trying to help a slightly-over-the-hill-for-child-rearing-friend have a baby......I just can't wrap my mind around that either! I've always believed - or perhaps WANTED to believe - that Clay wanted a family. And in my mind that meant a wife and kiddles conceived the old-fashioned and most-likely delightful way!!!!

5. If he had nothing to do with it - THAN SAY SO! Rather than be crucified all over the media. Or Jaymes...HELLO! This is your dear friend. Speak out. Get the media dogs called off. Don't make a statement that there will be not statement until the baby is born. That's just throwing Clay in a vat of hot oil and is selfish! selfish! selfish! (IMO, of course!)

I've tried very hard in the past few years to respect Clay's decisions to remain mum about things that are leveled at him. This hasn't always been easy but it's how he wants it and it is what it is. BUT.....there is a little baby involved here. A little baby that's going to be born with a huge monkey on its back if this IS true and it isn't addressed soonly. IF Clay and Jaymes conspired to have a little Foster-Aiken, than why are they not speaking out. If this child was conceived in a test tube out of love and friendship - than why not say that. I think this is one time where being quiet is going to be harmful to all three of them - or, please God, don't tell me she's having twins.

But if it IS true - it makes sense that he's not touring this summer. Ack. Don't want to think about that.

I have a question: why is it assumed that, if this whole thing is true, that Clay will stay in North Carolina and Jaymes will stay in California and/or Canada? Considering what Clay has said about living in California, and how he's built a house in NC, I doubt seriously that he'll move again soon. But why can't Jaymes move to North Carolina? I think that once she has the baby, she could be a mother that works as a record producer in NC. Raleigh may not be a total "hot bed" of entertainment production (compared to LA), but I don't see that being a problem. Anyway, just a question on my part.

I have a question: why is it assumed that, if this whole thing is true, that Clay will stay in North Carolina and Jaymes will stay in California and/or Canada? Considering what Clay has said about living in California, and how he's built a house in NC, I doubt seriously that he'll move again soon. But why can't Jaymes move to North Carolina? I think that once she has the baby, she could be a mother that works as a record producer in NC. Raleigh may not be a total "hot bed" of entertainment production (compared to LA), but I don't see that being a problem. Anyway, just a question on my part.

maybe he'll become claynadian heee

anyway Iseeme..have to laugh..can't imagine having to dissect that all in 5 minutes heee. Have fun catching up!!

th_IMG_9008_filtered.jpg

I think he just found the tracking chip implanted into the back if his neck by operatives of a covert Black Ops project. :ph34r:

th_Believe.jpg

Slow down, would ya people........I am trying to catch up! :cryingwlaughter:

Substitute the word “black” for “gay” in many of these jokes or comments and see if it’s still acceptable. If you would still say it.
¸

Thank you! I used this exact reasoning recently, about some jokes that are told in my workplace, that people laugh at. I get so offended.

I love the gospel feel of the song. I'm glad it wasn't on the album. And it's kind of an odd choice for this album cycle, I think. But I love it and always sing harmony along with it. Good thing I'm in the car by myself when that happens! :cryingwlaughter:

Me too! It came on today and I found myself belting it out (and I am pretty tone deaf, so thank God I was alone). BTW, I met you in Vegas! :waves:

I think it's the nature of messageboards (ALL of them) that when one person posts an opinion, people take that as a signal to post their own. I don't think it's a matter of being "piled on" when you just happen to have an opinion at odds with the majority. Otherwise, your opinion is affirmed.

Unless you're ALWAYS at odds with the majority, it should all wash out in the end.

Yep, totally agree. Unfortunately for me, my old board started to feel like I was always at odds with the majority. So that`s how I wound up here!

You had me going about the AH clip. :cryingwlaughter: Can you imagine if that`s all we get is a laugh? :cryingwlaughter:

Hits submit and expects there to be another 2 pages to catch up on.

I don't think he is being crucified at all....just the usual sniggery crapola. If it were me I would certainly balk at having to go public with my extremely private life just because of TMZ shit. This will really die down, I think. Except for fans, and really, if a fan can't deal with knowing/not knowing or the reality, they need a bit of help.

And what ldyjocelyn said - assuming he or Jaymes are somehow nailed to their respective current houses is like stating for a fact that Clay would never own a house with a pool - there is no reason to believe that is a fact, just a supposition.

Jamar - you're assuming I haven't had a drink?

So - if it's true....possibly Jaymes moves to Raleigh and into the Aiken commune? Let's see - at last count we already had Jamie and her son living there and who knows else. No wonder he needed a 9,000 sq ft house. Hee!

I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I'm just having a hard time thinking about Clay fathering a child with anyone other than a life partner! Not an executive producer.

So he was playing with paper cups and naughty magazines during his Christmas tour? :whistling-1:

This is all so bewildering. Am I the only one bewildered?

Iseeme, I think it's totally understandable that you're freaking out a little bit. We kinda did that for a few days here after we found out, too!

At this point, my opinion is that ... I don't know what the truth is, and I won't know until Clay and/or Jaymes say something official. This news started at TMZ, which is known to perpetuate lies, and then was picked up by People. Several news outlets picked it up from People, and it spread from there. The Foster rep retracted his statement, and then Jayme's ex-sister in law cast doubt on whether the baby is Clay's.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a statement tomorrow, but I also wouldn't be surprised if don't get a statement until after the baby is born. I'm in a wait and see mode. Until then, I don't see the point in discussing it ad infinitum. I'm not bothered if others want to discuss it, but I personally don't see a need to do so, because I don't know if it's true.

Since you just heard the 'news', you may need to post about it for awhile. *hugs*

I saw the AH piece and it was a chop shop edit. I actually like Clay laughing in response to BB's crappy question about staying vague or whatever.

I didn't like BB's acting like Clay has never answered "The Question". Same old, same old.

I have one question.

Why the hell aren't people questioning the AI "info" all to hell and back?

Not that Clay wouldn't donate. I don't find that surprising in the least.

But - if age and inability to conceive up to this point has been an issue for J, then wouldn't it be "in vitro fertilization" instead of AI?

I just have a feeling that some idiot got 20% of a story and didn't have sense enough to know the difference or the terminology or bother to look it up. I can certainly understand ivf. Much more believable to me.

I think I saw maybe one or two mentions of this. I'm just surprised this aspect hasn't been questioned more.

Not that it's any of my business. It's just that so much has been bandied back and forth, but this no so much.

Anybody?

This is all so bewildering. Am I the only one bewildered?

Bewildered is a good term. My term for the weekend has been WTF. Welcome back! :)

th_IMG_9008_filtered.jpg

I think he just found the tracking chip implanted into the back if his neck by operatives of a covert Black Ops project. :ph34r:

th_Believe.jpg

Bottle... I vote for your explanation... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Iseeme... OMG, it has taken me hours to keep up with all the information since the sh...stuff hit the fan... Get a drink and pull up a chair. See ya sometime Tuesday! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I just watched the Easter Bonnet The Prayer... it is soooo great to be able to see his face instead of this blond blur in a suit. He was sooo happy to be singing with Hannah... big grin on his face a lot! What a voice and what a fantastic audition for any Broadway directors/producers in the audience! Well worth the price!

45 or so years go I had a girly crush on a fashion designer. Yves St. Laurent. I loved his clothes and he was just so...French! Now I learned he just died...boy does that make me feel old.

I would hate to have my private life dissected and put up to such intense scrutiny!

Iseeme...the discussion about Clay being perfect is not really connected to the the is Clay a daddy question... That has something to do with board issues... you will get to see how this evolve if you get to catch up...

I guess time to make a new thread...

be forewarned...save you rposts if you are making one...

Awww Gibby, thanks. I obviously didn't know about any retracted statement or ex-sister in law statement. I don't need to keep posting about it other than to say if it was true I would be surprised but would figure Clay put some serious thought into it and the event underwent some serious discussion as to the whys and wherefores after the birth.

My only issue right now is that nothing is being officially stated. Like I said, there's a little baby involved here that has to be born into this world. Please speak out Clay or Jaymes and do some damage control. And from what I've seen from Google alerts (which I thought I had stopped) he IS being crucified and made the butt of many, many jokes. That pisses me off. Big time.