#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

I don't read anything in the article that says that any of the people confirmed the child's paternity from Clay or Jaymes directly. The article says that Eric "learned later" that Clay was the father, but that could come from the media.

It's very common for reporters to seek out random celebrities to comment on other celebrities. Sometimes they know each other. Sometimes they don't. If the issue is considered positive (and honestly, I think that for many, it isn't anything scandalous or shameful), then people probably don't feel there's anything wrong with saying something supportive. I don't see Roberts, Jennifer, and Carmen as famewhores. I think they are just assuming that reports are true and wishing the two well.

What is interesting is that People Magazine seems fairly confident that the report is true, as they continue to write stories on it. Does anyone have a link to the story reporting that Foster's rep recanted his confirmation? It's not just BJ Cook that says he recanted, is it? It's also interesting that the last two stories have a very positive spin.

I do think that the widespread belief now is that Clay is to be a father. Unless Clay or Jaymes state otherwise, that will continue to be the case. Refusal to comment isn't going to make this go away. Perhaps Clay and Jaymes have decided to wait until after the child's birth to address the situation. However, as I said, I think it will be eventually be addressed.

I'm reading Flesh and Bone, another Body Farm crime novel by Jefferson Bass (which is actually two authors!)

Interesting quote just came up . . .

~Thoreau~

Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate enterprises? If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. (Walden)

Indeed.

Cotton... I like that! Thanks! A different drummer, indeed. And, that means we like different drummers, which is really being outside the box, which is really very cool... that means we're cool... Wow!!! :cryingwlaughter:

bottle... I, too, think that part of the Eric story is true (that Jaymes told them she was preggers with a friend), but the part about it being Clay seems to be suspect to me. I'm still in the wait and see... sorta... car. Believing it more, but not totally.

Well, I have been annoyed with Carmen because she, in her role as spokesperon AI on MSNBC, has been proclaiming things as factual when she has no real knowledge for a few years now. It started wtih Corey.

She did give an interview a couple of months ago where she was asked who she kept in touch with and who she has lost contact with over the years. She said she was a friend of Clay's but has not heard from him in a few years. This was the same interview where she said her career needed to take off soon or she would miss her chance. She sid she needed to get aggressive with her career because she might not get another chance before she had to settle down.

I have to admit watching the shows where SJParker has been going on about her kid and the paparrazzi and it really does make you cringe. She is trying to lead a semi normal life, but because she is a celeberity, that is not to be allowed. Then I talk to some people who are not bad people, but eat this crap up. What upsets me in life is the imperfection of people that is incongruous with what we should be able to expect. I have spoken about the less than attractive relative by marriage who has no problem sitting on a bentch and talking trash about strangers passing by. A loving mother and dedicated wife a hard worker who has had some acheivments, but yet finds mocking others an amusing pass time. They don't read papers in that family, but they do read tabloids. How does one find time for tabloids and gossip but not real news about the world? How do people find time to gossip but not talk to their children about things outside of sports? Althought the kids were lovingly read to sleep with Disney books as a children, heh, I brought in a book about animals eating each other to survive and, to the parents annoyance, it beacame the kids favorite book as they made chomping noises when I read it to them.

I have invited acquaintances to my birthday parties, friends of friends, but I really believe I only have a few close friends. I think friendship is easy in show biz, but real friendship is hard. The term fame whore to me is usually applied to people who do things more to promote themselves than any other means. I understand why certain people were reached for comments, I am sure it was red carpets, or such and Aniston did a great SNL on the questions shouted out and we have seen many weird red carpet questions with Clay. Carmen, I amsure was rfeached thorugh her MSNBC connection. The Roberts did not give a pat answer but added detail to indicate they were in the know, so that indicates a bit of famewhore to me. If they wanted to say it was good, fine, but to add the detail about her birthday so you would know they were good friends, unneccessary and I still think it is rude to include the year. Really.

I always thought once people got past a certain age (I'd say 21, IMO), that people only had birthday parties thrown for them if it was a "magic" number -- 40, 50, etc. Just watch "Ace of Cakes" a few times and IMO you would see this is true. *g* IMO, the giving of her age for the birthday party really meant very little to me.

And total WORD to Jenna.

bottle, I remember that about ALAWH bringing Jaymes and Clay "together." And maybe I'm parsing the words out a little too much (must be training from my old board *g*), but I thought he said something about "looking for an executive producer." IMO, it COULD, COULD, COULD be possible that they met briefly at AI, and then they had an official meeting for the producer thing.

Yeah, I know...I'm stretching.

I need one of your pain pills, LdyJ. I have this headache and I know it's from that staple you put in my head this morning! You owe me PAIN PILL!!! *** was that believeable??***

Do we as fans actually believe that we know everybody that Clay has met ... and when he sees them ... and how he met them? I have no idea how Clay met Jaymes. We've been told that his manager set up interviews with potential producers and Jaymes was one of them, and he thought the interview went well and asked for another meeting, and that one sealed the deal ... but he could have certainly already known her from his American Idol days. She had been a judge on PopStar or StarSearch or whatever, her husband was the Big Enchilada at ASCAP, her brother is who is he. The idea that they could have met when Clay was on Idol is a highly reasonable one to me. So, just because it's something we didn't know about, means jack, actually.

Now, muski, I had to read what you wrote twice about wanting him to be at the Broadway awards luncheon to be surrounded by people "who have come to really know him and who, consequently, love him." And my thought was Clay is always surrounded by people who really know him and love him. I tend to believe that he's way beyond the need for that kind of acceptance. He's a huge star -- probably way bigger than most of the people at that Broadway lunch.

Of course .... nobody gets too much love anymore ...

From Corabeth at the CH:

Just got an email from RMD and he's going to keep an eye out for the airdate of the Ford Theater benefit and let me know.

clackclackclackclack. I NEEDS it! :waiting:

Update from Corabeth at the CH:

Well, there's probably no good time to post it but there will be no televised program of the DC event. RMD just emailed me

Just got the note back that they had decided not to air the event this year, so it wasn't taped.

:whatacrock:

Once I became an adult, I found that if I didn't give myself a birthday party, no one else would, so I used to randomly do it. It is in the summer, so a picnic is easy. Once I gave a 5 year dog birthday party in conjunction with mine and I had people bring their dogs if they had them, but that dog was not Holly, obviously because she is not exactly sociable. I know that when I was younger people would talk about my birthday parties, but I doubtt hey said what year it was, although I always had the right number of candles. Now, I usually spend it with the dog at the beach and skip the party. Still, the dog never talks.

There is nothing new in that People article. We keep getting the same story rehashed, with different people commenting on it, but no new info or confirmation. So, while I like the positive spin they are putting on it, and it's great that acquaintances or "friends" are wishing Clay & Jaymes well, they are just making the assumption that the media has it right. No one has any inside knowledge as far as I can determine. I've already gone on record as saying that I hope there is truth to the rumours, because I'd love to think that Clay & Jaymes are in a loving relationship and are having a child together, whether romantically involved or not. But that doesn't change the fact that we are just being fed the same info, over and over and over, with a different spin on it. So as always, I'm in wait and see mode.

I do think that the widespread belief now is that Clay is to be a father. Unless Clay or Jaymes state otherwise, that will continue to be the case. Refusal to comment isn't going to make this go away. Perhaps Clay and Jaymes have decided to wait until after the child's birth to address the situation. However, as I said, I think it will be eventually be addressed.

I think eventually something is going to be said. They may well wait until after the baby is born, but judging by Clay's excitement at the birth of Quiana's baby, I can't imagine him not at least blogging something about the birth of Jaymes' baby, whether or not he is involved. The man loves his friends, and he loves babies. :)

keepingfaith...I didn't mean that Clay needed the Broadway family in order to feel loved and respected because he normally doesn't have one. I was merely thinking more in terms of the possibly therapeutic TIMING of having a little 'reunion' with a supportive group in the 'professional' world. Considering the most recent blast of yucky mess making headlines and blogs, etc., I was just thinking how much of a contrast the environment at the Broadway Awards (like the one at the DC Gala most likely was) would be.

Anyhoo....I'm still in the 'we'll see' car, waiting on Jaymes or Clay to tell MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! the four-one-one, know what I'm saying? :headbangerf:

When Clay met Jaymes:

Clay talks about this in the long WRAL online video "Clay Aiken Spills the Beans". If you start listening around the 11:00 mark, Clay talks about his manager setting up meetings with possible executive producers early in 2005 ("About this time in 2005"). He met with four of them before his trip with UNICEF to Indonesia. (Per FCA's handy dandy annual time line for 2005, Clay's trip to Indonesia happened from March 13 - 17.) As the story goes on, Clay relates how he decided to met with Jaymes again after he got home and called his manager from Indonesia to set up another meeting with her. It was a that point he and Jaymes discovered they both independently had picked the same song as being a good fit for Clay. (He doesn't specify, but the description fits As Long As We're Here.)

I don't know where I'm going with this other than to say, it sure sounds to me like Clay is saying he met Jaymes for the first time early in 2005, not on Idol. And yeah, that doesn't really have any bearing on the veracity of the rest of the People article, but ding dang it, it took me a lot of searching to find that story in all the recent videos and I'm putting it out there.

:cryingwlaughter:

:F_05BL17blowkiss: bottlecap for the research. I'm sure I had to twist your arm long and hard to get to you to fish through the clack for that...

Still think he could have "met" her before that though....*g*

I'm reading Flesh and Bone, another Body Farm crime novel by Jefferson Bass (which is actually two authors!)

Interesting quote just came up . . .

~Thoreau~

Why should we be in such desperate haste to succeed, and in such desperate enterprises? If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. (Walden)

Indeed.

I LOVE the different drummer quote. One of my good friends, who was also my locker-mate in high school, put that quote up in our locker. It does remind me of Clay. One of his most endearing qualities to me is his insistence on being himself, come hell or high water. He seems to have made the resolution to be himself no matter what in high school, and he's not changing now. I find that incredibly inspiring!

Do we as fans actually believe that we know everybody that Clay has met ... and when he sees them ... and how he met them? I have no idea how Clay met Jaymes. We've been told that his manager set up interviews with potential producers and Jaymes was one of them, and he thought the interview went well and asked for another meeting, and that one sealed the deal ... but he could have certainly already known her from his American Idol days. She had been a judge on PopStar or StarSearch or whatever, her husband was the Big Enchilada at ASCAP, her brother is who is he. The idea that they could have met when Clay was on Idol is a highly reasonable one to me. So, just because it's something we didn't know about, means jack, actually.

Good points; Clay might have met her during AI but then interviewed her again when he was choosing an EP. Who knows?

Once I became an adult, I found that if I didn't give myself a birthday party, no one else would, so I used to randomly do it. It is in the summer, so a picnic is easy. Once I gave a 5 year dog birthday party in conjunction with mine and I had people bring their dogs if they had them, but that dog was not Holly, obviously because she is not exactly sociable. I know that when I was younger people would talk about my birthday parties, but I doubtt hey said what year it was, although I always had the right number of candles. Now, I usually spend it with the dog at the beach and skip the party. Still, the dog never talks.

Your parties sound like a lot of fun! My family of origin has stayed quite close over the years, and we give each other nice birthday parties. We either all meet at someone's house and do a pot-luck, with the menu chosen by the birthday person, or all go to a restaurant and split the bill for the birthday person. It's still fun to have a birthday party when you're an adult, even if it's not a milestone birthday!

OOlsee, good luck with your computer! I've had more than enough computer issues for awhile, and finally just bought another laptop. I ended up wiping out and rebuilding my old laptop and gave it to my older daughter, who is absolutely thrilled with it. I hope you're able to get yours fixed! What virus program(s) were you using, and which one(s) found the viruses? I might decide to use more virus protection than I currently have.

This from Corabeth at CH:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:31 pm GMT

Well, there's probably no good time to post it but there will be no televised program of the DC event. RMD just emailed me

Quote:

Just got the note back that they had decided not to air the event this year, so it wasn't taped.

keepingfaith...I didn't mean that Clay needed the Broadway family in order to feel loved and respected because he normally doesn't have one. I was merely thinking more in terms of the possibly therapeutic TIMING of having a little 'reunion' with a supportive group in the 'professional' world. Considering the most recent blast of yucky mess making headlines and blogs, etc., I was just thinking how much of a contrast the environment at the Broadway Awards (like the one at the DC Gala most likely was) would be.

Anyhoo....I'm still in the 'we'll see' car, waiting on Jaymes or Clay to tell MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! the four-one-one, know what I'm saying? :headbangerf:

I just don't happen to see "yucky mess" -- I haven't read about any "yucky mess." All I'm aware of is "blessed event."

This story is OUT THERE, all over, everywhere. Jaymes is pregnant. Her friends are confirming Clay's the father to People magazine. If some people need to wait until Clay announces it to them, I don't have a problem with that. I'm just pretty dern sure that Clay would have denied the story by now if he weren't the father. I think the last thing on either of their minds is how to break it to the fans. I hope that's actually the very last item on their list of things to do.

I'm afraid people are mixing real life with entertainment right here in River City. Clay doesn't need something therapeutic -- WE DO!

From all indications he's got an adorable baby on the way with the person he's closest to in the world. He must be absolutely elated beyond words. We're the ones freaking out.

Hey, thanks for those pain pills, ldyjocelyn! Life saver!!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: bottlecap for the research. I'm sure I had to twist your arm long and hard to get to you to fish through the clack for that...

Still think he could have "met" her before that though....*g*

It's very hard to make that determination from what Clay says in the interview. In my memory, I thought Clay's first meeting with Jaymes happened after his UNICEF trip, but he talks about setting up another meeting when he got home, so obviously they met a least once before that trip. It is my interpretation that she was in the group of four candidates he met with early in 2005, per the flow of Clay's story.

But again, don't take my word for it - listen to the interview yourself. If nothing else, this whole baby / no baby episode makes it clear that we need to evaluate what other people are telling us very closely before accepting it as valid.

It also makes it clear that if Jaymes is going to play a more prominent role in Clay's life, I need to add her name to my spellchecker. :cryingwlaughter:

==========================================

Crap! No Ford Theater Clack? :cry4:

In 2003, Jaymes would have been very married to Leeds Levy. It's not a stretch to think they could have met, especially with her husband being the Chairman of ASCAP and in the process of clearing songs for the show, that would fit. Jaymes could have been his liaison with the show.

I'm not saying they became BFF in 2003, but it's certainly plausible they could have met.

And this would not be the first time we have heard Clay tell a piece of a story and not the whole thing.

The View is on right now. In the beginning segment Whoopee announced that the AP had breaking news that Hilary was going to concede to Obama tonight. They discussed it at length, each one giving their view. Barbara was there. Before the segment ended, Whoopee clarified that this breaking story said that Hilary would concede after tonights primary results if Obama had the necessary delegates. They went to commercial and in the next segment Whoopee announced that they had more breaking news. Hilary's people had just called the View and said that the AP story was not true and Hillary was not conceding tonight to which Barbara commented, "The AP story is not true?" This was the Associated Press breaking out this RUMOR that turned out to be untrue. How in the heck can we even believe TMZ? Scary that a lot of people do.

Actually, this isn’t quite true - read the article and don't listen to Whoopie. If you read the actual AP article, they very clearly say that BY THEIR CALCULATION, Obama has the necessary delegates to become the nominee (something we’ve known would happen since March, actually). And they also very clearly spell out how they did their math (committed delegates, delegates he’ll get if he wins only 15% or something today, committed superdelegates, superdelegates who say they will announce later today….). So, it’s actually Whoopie (and Hillary) mis-leading in this instance, not the AP, although they have their moments for sure.

ETA: Ooops, forgot one part. Some unnamed Clinton camp insiders did say that she would concede tonight and THAT might be what Hillary is saying is untrue, because her "official" spokes people say she won't concede tonight. Either way, there is a mixed message (according to everything I've read which is a disturbing amount) inside her campaign, so she might not be sure yet what she's planning to do. I don't think it's necessary that she concede immediately, as long as she doesn't continue running once he has the delegates.

See I think it was over the minute the media and the DNC made Barrack their choice to win the primary. The love fest for him and the blatant trying to push another candidate out of the race was dispicable. JMHO. He may have won the primary battle but he hasn't won the war yet.I don't think he will either.............There's lots of stuff that can come out between now and November. :whistling-1:

Well, it’s been over since he won the most states, the most delegates AND the popular vote – if you actually COUNT all the votes in ALL the states, that is, and not give Hillary ALL of Michigan and Obama nothing from MI.

As for the media – they have been giving Hillary and McCain a free pass for months. I can give you a list of things they passed on for both, if you like. <g> As for “stuff that can come out” – have you paid attention to Hillary’s, and more notably Bill’s closet…like where they got that 109 Million dollars?? Yeah, she ain’t clean. If I were Obama I would vet the hell out of her before putting her on the ticket. The finances could really trip both of them up.

The problem with an article like that is that it also has the 'Clay met Jaymes while on AI' untruth, which sort of makes the rest of the article a little more difficult to believe.

Well, it’s not uncommon for them to mash in stuff they wrote before with new info just to pump up their word count. I do it all the time at work. And here. <g>

I'm still waiting to hear from Clay or Jaymes before I believe the story is real. Won't be heartbroken either way, though.

Although I’m tending toward believing it right now (simply because Clay doesn’t stay quiet usually when there is more than just him involved in the gossip), I won’t be heartbroken either way either.

Crow and brag all you want. :imgtongue: If he knows what's good for him he will put her on the ticket. Otherwise 4 more years of Bush. :whistling-1: I wish she would tell them all to kiss her ass and switch parties and run on the Independant ticket. That would be my dream scenario. I hope I don't have to come around and be an "I told you so" when people are sorry they voted for him............... :cryingwlaughter: Of course I'd support a Hillary McCain ticket too. :clap:

Independent? McCain wins, because the dems are split and Hillary brings out rethugs. McCain may win with her as veep to Obama. As for the above commentary – it’s not bragging, it’s a fact. Sadly, McCain may win either way, because I think there are a lot of people in this country who still won’t vote for a black man. I’m not going to vote for someone I despise (HRC) just because it’s *possible* that the person I actually believe is better for the job might not win. If he doesn’t win, I will NEVER be sorry I voted for him, because I voted my conscience and in who I believed. I have to admit I can't fathom anyone who supports Hillary actually going to McCain (I tend to think it's sour grapes, for now) - talk about polar opposites. I don't like the woman, but she is light years ahead of McCain, who doesn't know the difference between Shia and Sunni and sings about bombing Iran like it's a fucking joke. Among other things.

I just don't happen to see "yucky mess" -- I haven't read about any "yucky mess." All I'm aware of is "blessed event."

This story is OUT THERE, all over, everywhere. Jaymes is pregnant. Her friends are confirming Clay's the father to People magazine. If some people need to wait until Clay announces it to them, I don't have a problem with that. I'm just pretty dern sure that Clay would have denied the story by now if he weren't the father. I think the last thing on either of their minds is how to break it to the fans. I hope that's actually the very last item on their list of things to do.

I'm afraid people are mixing real life with entertainment right here in River City. Clay doesn't need something therapeutic -- WE DO!

From all indications he's got an adorable baby on the way with the person he's closest to in the world. He must be absolutely elated beyond words. We're the ones freaking out.

Yeah, I have to word all of the above. No surprise there, eh? <g>

I just can't go all the way..heee. I want to hear from Clay or Jaymes or someone that I know as a true friend or family member of Clay. No biggie though. I have my what ifs to keep me warm.

ETA: we do have a nice shiney new political thread ya'll. Don't mind a post or two but this might start to get too deep for me everyone.

ETA: we do have a nice shiney new political thread ya'll. Don't mind a post or two but this might start to get too deep for me everyone.

Hey, I just thought I should respond in the thread the original posts came from. I don't actually NEED to read MORE about politics, I need to read LESS. <g> But that won't stop me from disagreeing with those I actually...well, disagree with. <g>

Third hand information, but I'm posting it anyway...from CV:

The news about not airing the Ford Gala is a bummer. However, I do have a post that was made on the AikenBreakinBroads yahoo list. The poster asked to remain anonymous (but I do know her) but said the post could travel.

My girlfriend is the PA to a very famous person, who was at the DC show and she was sitting directly behind Mary for the concert. She did get to meet Mary, but shyed away from meeting Clay, as he was busy when she was back stage, she isn't really a fan and had nothing to say to him. She told me I can tell you,

that he was a perfect gentleman through out the event. He sang so beautifully that she cried. She said it was a gospel event and that his performance was the mildest, quietest of the night. She had hope he would have wailed, but in no way was she disappointed. He was terrific. He was escorted in because there were very aggresssive people outside trying to get at him and this isn't necessarilly true for all the guests. He was the attention getter this time around (well, Duh! ) They (not necessarilly Secret Service, but hired body guards) were body blocking those people and he got in safely. (Could have been press people being blocked.)

On his way out, they tried to block again and the TMZ photographer was pushing and shoving to get up front to his car and actually twisted a woman's arm to get her out of the way. What we saw on film was Clay attempting to get into his vehicle and pushing his hand over the lense of the camera. There was no angry altercation. It was just a camera pushed into his face. The Theatre reported to inquirers that Clay was a gentleman throughout and that the press people were out of control. The story was completely fabricated to make it look as though there was a problem.

we do have a nice shiney new political thread ya'll. Don't mind a post or two but this might start to get too deep for me everyone.

Thank you! Some of us are not feeling any political love!

E! just showed the pic of Jaymes, in LA, that we have seen and said yes that's a baby bump. Nothing disrespectful, I felt.

Well, screw it. I'm going to try to determine whether Cindy or Michelle is more like to be a Clay fan and thus insist on preserving and publicly disseminating all of Clay's future presidential performances, and will vote in November thusly.