#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

At this point I'm pretty sure that it is true with a few important details missing. I think Clay and Jaymes are a little more than best buddies. I don't think they are married but I wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually. Imagine the two of them alone after the baby is born looking at each other and realizing that they produced this child. Sounds like fanfic but I might actually remember some of those feelings. Hey my kids were born 11 months apart.:family1:

Hee, get out of my brain.........I keep imagining all sorts of scenarios too, they make me all :wub: and schmoopie. Who knew I was such a shipper? :cryingwlaughter:

So, I just spent a few hours at the after-hours emergency vet clinic. It seems that one of my cats was having difficulting urinating.....my son noticed him straining and squatting, and we were afraid to let it go the night. Good thing because they said he has a blockage. So we had to leave him there overnight, and they were going to catheterize him and drain it and flush it.....no, you DO NOT want to see the estimate sheet. Had a slight panic in the waiting room when my debit card kept being refused for lesser and lesser amounts......managed to give them a little something to hold them over until morning, but I have to pick him up at 8 a.m. as they close during regular business hours, so had to make a couple of emergency phone calls to scare up some funds. Then I have to take him to the regular vet tomorrow. Ouch. So much for saving my pennies for gala............. :cry4:

Thanks. :F_05BL17blowkiss: The vet just called to say she was able to remove the blockage, and he is resting under sedation. Everything looks ok. He just has to keep the catheter in for 36 hours which means he needs to spend another day at the regular vet. My other cat is wandering around looking a little lost, wondering where his brother is. :(

luckiest...sorry about your cat---been there and done THAT, for sure and didn't like seeing those numbers after the treatment, either. Ouch.

Gibby...I travel enough between work and Clay trips that I've often considered getting a roller thingy. Where Muski goes, so goes her laptop, for sure! :cryingwlaughter: Something's stopping me, though...I have a shoulder bag---a vertical shaped one that I ordered from the online Mac store on clearance and used it for a long time---loved it. Then, I started needing more room in a bag because I didn't want to have a purse, a computer bag and something to carry my books, mags, work file folders, snacks, ipod, little things I might buy in airports, etc. I didn't want so many things to deal with.

So now I have a tote bag from my workplace that's big enough to carry that stuff. I got one of those neoprene slipcover things for the computer and just slip it in the tote with everything else....I don't usually need to walk all that much at airports that it's an issue and when I have my luggage---either a carryon or a checked bag---IT has wheels so if the tote gets heavy, I just put it on the luggage and get on my way!

I think I'm going to use some of this 'down' time (clackwise) to organize and clean out my various folders of stuff on this computer and the external hard drive I've been indiscriminately dumping stuff into! :cryingwlaughter: I'll probably find umpteen duplicates of things I don't even want anymore..

luckiest :console: to you and your cat...

I finished The Sleeping Doll (that was you reading it, right?). It was very good... of course, my son managed to scare the crap out of me last night - I'm reading along, it's getting very intense, he's watching the hockey game and when the Penguins tied the game at the end of regulation, he jumped off the couch and yelled really loud (he was happy).... holy shit, my heart damn near jumped right out of my chest!!!! I think I lost a few years!!! And I definitely need to have my hair conditioned this weekend (if you know what I mean and I think that you do!).... :cryingwlaughter:

I see that Deaver's new book comes out this month so I'm looking forward to that...

But first, Lee Child's new book came out today so that's my next one... another favorite author...

Glad your kitty's ok, luckiest!

Gibby, my rolly thing has a removable pouch for the laptop -- best of both worlds? If you're not picky, I recently received a nice free messenger bag as a giveaway at a recent virtualizaton seminar and it'll hold a 17" laptop. If you're just looking for something useable, let me know. It's a shoulder-slung canvas messenger bag -- red, gray and black.

{{{Hugs to everyone living with aches and pain}}} Hope you have a restful and comfortable night. :hugs-1:

Nice banner...

What on earth was Clay doing in Virginia at a Cracker Barrel? Did he drive home from D.C.?
I just said that.

Granted, it's been a very long time (well, okay 7 years or so) since I've been in Washington, D.C., but I think you can be "in" Virgina in a very short period of time from D.C. Like, less than 15 minutes to Arlington. This apparently was either the day of or the day after he was at that Ford Theater thing - Maybe he stayed in Arlington. Where is National Theater? And Clay in Cracker Barrel? Certainly not a stretch. <g>

ETA: At risk of being a total nerd, Arlington is less than 24 miles from the National Theater

The National Theatre is right down the block from the White House. Around the corner from the Warner.

At the risk of being inducted into the nerd patrol... I looked up exactly where the Cracker Barrels are in VA. :D

The closest one would be to DC would be Dumfries (near Quantico Marine Base), that's 27 miles south of DC if he was on I-95 South heading towards NC. Then there are 2 in Fredericksburg, one in Ashland, one in Chester, one in Emporia. But I think if he was headed towards Raleigh, he'd get off at I-85 right near Petersburg, and then there's one on that road in South Hill. There is one in MY TOWN, but that's 20-25 miles west of DC on Rt 66, so I doubt if he was going that way....... and if he was........ EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :D

So I'm guessing he didn't go to the Broadway Awards thingie today?

Speaking of storms, we had a tornado warning this afternoon, and are having bad T-storms right now. The power just went off for about 3 seconds, which was just enough to shut down the computer just as I was looking up all this info on Cracker Barrels.

Hope Annabear is OK!

:hugs-1: to lucky and her cat! And FromClaygary - hope your aches and pains disappear soon! And anyone else who needs {{{HUGS!!}}}

Gahhhhhhhhhhh - I'm finally home after working 14 hours at the polls for our local primary. We had exactly 93 voters out of 711 registered voters between 07:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. I've eaten enough M&Ms to own stock in the company, drank enough Diet Cokes to be on a caffeine high for the next 7 hours, and have the mother of all heartburn going on! Gotta love our democratic process and the fact that some people take it so lightly!

I think Clay and Jaymes are having a baby. I think that's why he's made no plans to tour OMWH. I'm sad about this because I think his career will take a hit with this CD and it should be soaring instead. People are blaming lack of radio play, lack of promotion, lack of RCA support, etc. etc. (even though Clay's blog was pretty specific about all that) but what I think it comes down to is he's expecting a baby in August and that has pre-empted the tour. However, the push to get the CD released seems to have coincided with said pregnancy so......did he not care?

I personally cannot hop on the "ohmygod that's such great news - it's just so wonderful" band wagon for all the reasons Muski so eloquently expounded on in her post. The mockery and derision and personal attacks that are being leveled at him are heinous. And he says nothing. Just ONCE I would like Clay to take a real stand and stick up for himself. I realize it's not his way, but I honestly think it just makes him a perfect target for any asshole with an agenda who wants internet hits, newspaper sales, magazine sales or viewership. He's become the posterboy for shoddy journalism.

My other concern is that I personally dont' think a 50 year old woman should be getting pregnant. The risks are significant to her AND the baby. I only hope and pray the child is born healthy.

I don't know what Clay and Jaymes' relationship is. I don't think Clay would make a decision like this without careful thought and care. It's not what I would have wished for him - someone who has talked about being a father and having a family. But then he hasn't consulted me lately on any of his decisions.

I do wish there would be an announcement and I do think it would stifle some of the crap. But - my Italian grandmother used to say "if wishes were horses, men would ride!" Or something like that.

eta: I hope the poor little kitty is okay. My two furbrats are running around like a muse has suddenly hit them. They slept all day because I wasn't home. They're bewitched at the moment. But when one of them is sick it just kills me.

I have no idea who eric roberts is, I assume a fame whore. Carmen sold her soul when she went to MSNBC - just because people talk about things do not mean that you can say it is a definite in this particular case carmen - fame whores all. Yes, Carmen is still trying to push her album. She might have meant well, but her foot has found it's way to her mouth pretty often. I am starting to appreciate Trenyce more all the time. I just think it is so rude and maybe the imaginary "exclusive' is off with people now.

First post .Seems to me youshould get all the facts before the name calling. Eric Robert is Julia Roberts brother. Maybe he is a B lister, but seems to be a good person, do you know anything about him? I think you are all in denial. You all act like Clay owes you something. Some of your emotional reactions are totally OTT. If you take such offense to criticism of Clay. you shouldn't be hypocritical and speak badly of someone you know nothing about.

I have no idea who eric roberts is, I assume a fame whore. Carmen sold her soul when she went to MSNBC - just because people talk about things do not mean that you can say it is a definite in this particular case carmen - fame whores all. Yes, Carmen is still trying to push her album. She might have meant well, but her foot has found it's way to her mouth pretty often. I am starting to appreciate Trenyce more all the time. I just think it is so rude and maybe the imaginary "exclusive' is off with people now.

First post .Seems to me youshould get all the facts before the name calling. Eric Robert is Julia Roberts brother. Maybe he is a B lister, but seems to be a good person, do you know anything about him? I think you are all in denial. You all act like Clay owes you something. Some of your emotional reactions are totally OTT. If you take such offense to criticism of Clay. you shouldn't be hypocritical and speak badly of someone you know nothing about.

Well, Howdy Doo to you too! Would you like to introduce yourself? :)

My grandmother had a child at 49. My other grandmother had a child at 47. Those who think there is something unseemly about 49-50 year old women having babies are probably those who grew up with birth control pills and abortions. Menopausal babies used to be quite common, but now that science has taken care of chance, women are being relegated to WHAT exactly? Uterine has-beens? A 50-year old woman is young and vibrant and ALIVE and has every likelihood of living to at least 90-100. Plenty of time to get the kid through college and on into life.

I lost my wallet the other day. Had to mentally retrace my steps. Guess where I found it?

In the freezer, with the frozen bread. Yep, I'd been grocery shopping, and had thought I'd throw it in the bag so I wouldn't forget it in the car.

Adabe ace!

:cryingwlaughter:

I lost my cellphone. I suspect that it either got run over by a car behind the hangar at the Stratford airport or that I accidentally threw it in the garbage in the hangar cuz we searched EVERYwhere for it. It rang for the day and then suddenly went "the caller that you are trying to reach is currently unavailable" and I'd just charged it in the morning. I'll never know what happened to it sadly. I got a new phone. I now need to get back a bajillion phone numbers, including yours, lol.

:cry4:

From Corabeth at the CH:

Just got an email from RMD and he's going to keep an eye out for the airdate of the Ford Theater benefit and let me know.

clackclackclackclack. I NEEDS it!

:word: (cept I'm hearing there ain't gonna be no danged air date??? :cry4: )

QUOTE(Gibby @ Jun 3 2008, 11:47 AM)

BWAH!!! And good luck with your resolution. Is there something you can substitute for the latte? I've found that I'm more successful if I find something to replace whatever it is I'm taking away. Perhaps you could make your own latte at work, or something like that.

Bingo! That's what I'm doing. I used to do it every day but I got lazy recently. But it's much cheaper!

Luckily I don't drink coffee or lattes (never had one, lol....kinda like cigarettes) and teabags are pretty cheap. Ain't no danged Starbucks or even a Tim Hortons in the semi-boonies where I live anyhow, lol.

See, I really don't give that article any more weight or value than the TMZ one. I don't think a second or third hand account like that is really all that accurate. Sure, I've read that Jaymes is still friends with BJ, blah blah blah. But it all boils down to the fact that neither Clay or Jaymes has commented. And unless I hear it from one of them, I'm just not going to believe anything. The facts are that Jaymes is pregnant, and Clay is her v.v. good friend. I don't think it is outside the realm of possibility that they decided to have a baby together, whether romantically involved or not. I also don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the baby has nothing to do with Clay. So I'm still biding my time until we get some real information.
I think that you're verra, verra smart! I'm more "I ain't believing it until Jaymes or Clay says so" vs could be either.

ETA: While I'm on the subject, can I just add that after viewing that TMZ video (from the vault, ewwww, wouldn't dirty my hands to go to that site) I am not convinced that Clay pushed the camera. Could have been anyone or anything, and the sound effects could have been added after-the-fact. But if he did, good for him!
I couldn't see "hawt, pissy Clay" that people were getting all excited over. He looked "no happy" and possibly might have shoved the camera out of the way and the after report from the Gala goer would indicate that it was just to get to his car.

How do I make latte? Well, first off, I don't drink your typical latte, I drink chai tea latte. So all I do is nuke some skim milk in the microwave, add a tea bag and a sweetener, and voila! Non-fat Chai tea latte (or really chai tea misto, since I don't use the syrup). Probably means nothing to anyone who hasn't ordered at Starbuck's before.
What makes it "chai"? Is that the boiling of the milk in the microwave? I make tea weirdly. I put 2 teaspoons of sugar in a mug, cold tap water (cuz hot is soft water in our house), teabag and boil it in the nukrowave. Then add some milk after.

I'm neva gonna get through all of this, lol...

At this point I'm pretty sure that it is true with a few important details missing. I think Clay and Jaymes are a little more than best buddies. I don't think they are married but I wouldn't be surprised if they did eventually. Imagine the two of them alone after the baby is born looking at each other and realizing that they produced this child. Sounds like fanfic but I might actually remember some of those feelings. Hey my kids were born 11 months apart.:family1:

Hee, get out of my brain.........I keep imagining all sorts of scenarios too, they make me all :wub: and schmoopie. Who knew I was such a shipper? :cryingwlaughter:

So, I just spent a few hours at the after-hours emergency vet clinic. It seems that one of my cats was having difficulting urinating.....my son noticed him straining and squatting, and we were afraid to let it go the night. Good thing because they said he has a blockage. So we had to leave him there overnight, and they were going to catheterize him and drain it and flush it.....no, you DO NOT want to see the estimate sheet. Had a slight panic in the waiting room when my debit card kept being refused for lesser and lesser amounts......managed to give them a little something to hold them over until morning, but I have to pick him up at 8 a.m. as they close during regular business hours, so had to make a couple of emergency phone calls to scare up some funds. Then I have to take him to the regular vet tomorrow. Ouch. So much for saving my pennies for gala............. :cry4:

Well, skipping pg 19 to 25...

Awwww. Poor kitty. My orange kitty had that. Not fun.

Which kitty? Friendly fat kitty or skeerdy cat?

Totally post-whoring here.

Welcome.

It might be better to avoid terms such as "you all" unless you're absolutely sure that we all share the same ideas and minds.

Which me most decidedly do not.

Clay owes me jack shit.

Um...Hi there! Did you drop something?

alliedbrass-mirror-dm-4.jpg

Wanda - I believe it's proven that women over a certain age are "at risk" pregnancies. Not going to address the rest of the stuff in your post. You're entitled to your opinion. However, I am friends with 2 women who had children at that age and one child has Downs Syndrome and the other child has severe birth defects. That's my reality on the issue. Both women were healthy and took care of themselves during their pregnancies. Their doctors monitored them closely. So they weren't uterine has beens or whatever your comment was. But those uteruses were not 20-somethings!!!

I hope that Jaymes has a safe and healthy birth and that her/their child is healthy as well.

OOlsee - :cryingwlaughter:

Hi again. I am a little shocked by your "first post" - if you are going for a good first impression, you haven't done a very good job.

First of all, you don't know us, and coming in here and making some very bold statements is a little on the rude side.

Maybe you'd like to try again?

you're kidding me right? Bwah..ok. Julia? Is that you?

looks around, doesn't see the Eric roberts fan club listed anywhere

nope, I can have any opinion I want on him. That's the way the cookie crumbles. You can disagree, but you can't tell me I have to like him and you can't insult me for having an opinion you don't like. Sorry, I hear a lot worse being said about Clay by his supposed fans, I prefer not to do that. I don't think you read very much here, just a few people think Clay owes them something and I ain't one of them. I am also not in denial, I am in wait and see because i don't like to assume things about Clay, it tends to lead to angst in my memory of the history of this fandom - if someone says they are friends, I assume they are friends until provenotherwise. I don't think I am hypocritical at all, but what can I say, I guess you won't join my fan club, so I won't get your 30 dollars and I won't send you any of my fan club stuff, like my stuffed Holly dog or my big name buttons or my autographed picture. I think my fan club has all the best merchandise! Soon to appear, my new store with T-shirts and other collectibles (like my sandstone Holly dog! or my collection of dead mice)