#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Ah well, sometimes I act before I think. I know that not everyone is dealing with this the same way I am. PM me if you want the links and don't want to have to search for them elsewhere. That was my intention, to keep people from having to go elsewhere if they wanted to know what was being written.

Can you imgaine being a journalism student during the OJ stuff. I actually HAD to watch. It was a damn assignment.

Thanks for the photobuckets. Well if the story must get chewed up and spit out, those scans I can take.. not bad IMO for tabloids.

Okay, here's my thoughts on the situtation (although I really have been trying to keep my mouth shut on the subject since it tends to get me in a lot of trouble. LOL) I can totally relate to a lot of what Iseeme and CG have been saying. I was going to post a few days ago when it looked like Iseeme was getting ganged up on, but by the time I got home from work, y'all were on a different subject.

1. I think it is Clay's baby.

2. I think that is the real reason there is no summer tour.

3. I think they were trying to keep it a secret. Although they had to know that would be impossible.

4. I think he is pretty pissed right now that TMZ broke the story.

I do think Clay owes his fans "something". If not for the fans, he doesn't have a career. If the story is true, if he is going to become a father, then why shouldn't he be happy and proud about it and post something on the fan club site? Just a simple, Jaymes and I are proud to announce.... I don't need to know all the intimate details, the whys, the wherefores. Although, perhaps he's pissed at the fans too since I understand there were some bad comments made about Jaymes over there.

That said, however, one comment I cannot get out of my head..."Don't believe it unless you hear it from me." I'm not hearing anything from him, which brings me right back to square one again.

One other thought I have had...perhaps Jaymes wanted a baby (as opposed to him) and as her BFF he helped her out. Perhaps no one was ever supposed to know who the father was. Perhaps that is why he is not saying anything.

IMO this is just so bizarre... :8:

Whatever the outcome, I will always remain a huge fan of Clay Aiken.

:11:

So there you have it...I know absolutely nothing. I'm so confused. Now aren't you glad I posted? Heck, it took me so long (damn work), you're probably on a whole new subject by now. :imgtongue:

I didn't have a problem reading them, rather do it here than wondering what crap they wrote this time, because unless Clay actually gives an interview, I don't bother buying a magazine. At least they weren't horrible but I still think they are just building a story around the TMZ stuff. And while I think that Clay and Jaymes are likely having a baby together, the rest of its just crap to me. I do have a hard time believing that Jaymes would be having Clay's baby at his request, although I can see it as mutual. It just seems that Clay would not ask someone to take the risk if it was just something he wanted, and there would be other ways for him to go about being a father, since its not like he'd be the one carrying it. For a women its different, because a lot of women want to feel the whole pregnancy experience, and I want to emphasize the "a lot" for all those who don't feel the baby need.

Here's the quote from Clay.

"That's what's so great about America," he said laughing. "One of our valuable amendments to the Constitution - freedom of speech - is also one of the crappiest. You can say anything you want. You don't need to have any proof or any truth to what you write."

Makes me wonder if he knew what was coming.

And, luckiest, don't change your posting because of my post.

I really wasn't talking about what people should post. I was talking about making a choice about reading the magazines or not. (or the message boards, for that matter)

Others might want to read every word and digest it. :)

Hey, I might have to lose my virginity re: buying tabloids! Evidently, Star has that HAWT surferdude pic of Clay on his phone while walking the California streets on its cover! :F_05BL17blowkiss: And BWAH! with Jamie in the background just to make sure everyone gets confused as to who's the babymama and who's the babydaddy, donchaknow! :cryingwlaughter:

By the way...just kidding about actually buying the rag. I have a much better version of that pic already on my desktop. :P

Truthfully? Lately I've been really examining my own life---who I am, where I am in my relationships, health, work; what I FEEL about what I've done and what I'd like to do; how I've crafted myself to be here and how badly I want to make some changes toward making the second 'half' of my life even more satisfying and meaningful than the first.

So while I'm certainly interested in this latest wild ride that is being a Clay fan, I'm working to make sure my interest remains that of a bystander--someone who loves the man that he's allowed me to get to 'know' and enjoy, and who wants him to be happy with his own life. So whatever choices that means for him, I'm there.

And, luckiest, don't change your posting because of my post.

I really wasn't talking about what people should post. I was talking about making a choice about reading the magazines or not. (or the message boards, for that matter)

Others might want to read every word and digest it. :)

No worries, I really just smacked myself upside the head, you were just acting as the rolled up newspaper. ;) I have to keep reciting "none of this is fact" because it's all just the same stuff being reiterated ad nauseum, right? No matter how much I want it to be true. Because I still have the vision of happy daddy Clay in my head. Someone give me something else to fixate on! :cryingwlaughter:

Skips off singing "as long as we're here, alive in this world, I'm gonna love you for all that's it's worth...."

My problem with the "owing fans something" - it's not like the fans are this big monolithic group - hell, it's not like all the fans are actually members of the OFC. Like I said earlier, collectively the fans have paid for Clay's career - but it's not like they didn't get what they paid for. They didn't, as far as I'm concerned, actual pay for any more information than he's willing to share. I still really don't understand the apparent feeling that it's no biggie to post whatever "announcement" at the OFC - I don't think that's an OFC "perk". And frankly, from the time I first laid eyes on one Clay Aiken, neither he not his family nor his friends seem to be big on that "sharing" all the intimate details of his life and thought processes. Even with LtS. Maybe because I so emphasize with that because I'm battling my job with how much "nonwork" details of my life I'm required to share with them. I'm know perfectly well I'm a total pseudo-extrovert. But my real me is intense private - don't share with mother, lover, sisters, friends, child any more than I want to - don't WANNA. No one can make me, guilt me into it or find any way to justify it to me. And I don't see why he should have to either.

pkmiller, thanks for your "take" on everything. Actually, in many ways, I agree with much of what you are saying, including your 4 point list.

I do think Clay owes his fans "something".

IMO, though, the only thing Clay "owes" me is a pretty album, and a good show, which I can either choose to purchase/attend, or not. Up to me, not up to him.

If not for the fans, he doesn't have a career.

IMO again, this gives the fans way too much credit, and not enough credit to Clay. It's funny, though -- there have been some who have been saying this for YEARS, in conjunction with all his "trials and tribulations" regarding RCA/Clive/American Idol, saying his fans made him what he is today. I think the fans are PART of the equation, but certainly not the entirety of it. Clay, to me, has worked his butt off to make his career into what he wants it to be. I also think he'll continue to do so as well.

If the story is true, if he is going to become a father, then why shouldn't he be happy and proud about it and post something on the fan club site? Just a simple, Jaymes and I are proud to announce.... I don't need to know all the intimate details, the whys, the wherefores. Although, perhaps he's pissed at the fans too since I understand there were some bad comments made about Jaymes over there.

For all I know, Clay could be writing that blog right now. He could also have it down for his calendar next week. Or he may have it down for a date in August, after the birth of the child. Doesn't mean he isn't happy NOW (once again, IF this is true), but only he can choose to share his joy.

That said, however, one comment I cannot get out of my head..."Don't believe it unless you hear it from me." I'm not hearing anything from him, which brings me right back to square one again.

Totally agree with this. Totally.

So there you have it...I know absolutely nothing. I'm so confused. Now aren't you glad I posted? Heck, it took me so long (damn work), you're probably on a whole new subject by now. :imgtongue:

OK, so we're not THAT fast at the moment. Hee.

luckiest, thanks for posting the scans (I WAS fast enough that I could read them, heh). Just remember -- salt licks abound.

Posting or blogging at the OFC is about as private as talking to TMZ.

That "don't believe it unless you hear from me". IMO, was not addressing intimate details of Clay's personal life.

I cannot think of one reason why he should say a damned thing, really, and this fan is sticking with him.

I understand, sorta, if some people are working through feelings about this whole thing, but, really, Clay himself is not responsible for fixing that.

Anyone can enter the FCC car, just follow the sounds of laughing and clinking ice cubes and the blender - just remember why it is called the Fucking Cheery Car and act accordingly!

Cheery car? COUNT ME IN!! That's part of why I'm here at FCA. I'm in this fandom for the fun, not for the angst. I'm a social worker at a hospital, and believe me, I see more than enough angst. Lots of really, really horrible angst. I'd go crazy if I then came home and wallowed in it on message boards.

So, here's to the cheery car!!

:cocktail: :nana:

Count me in TOO!!! I've been in the Fucking Cheery Car this whole train ride!!! (With a few detours to the Wait 'n' See Car)

I'll cut fruit, stock ice, mix drinks, all in between sips!!! (or once in a while, huge gulps :))

(off to book seats online...)

:wein::drink: :704: :Boss: :bier: :11:

I watched all those Claymate videos.... I think I might have seen at least one person I recognised.......

I'm Just Sayin'......... :D

btw - is there anyway to up the limit on emoties just a tad?? :thanks:

I hope the people making Claymate videos and POSTING them are about 13. Sweet, endearing fans.

As opposed to fucking lunatics.

Anyone can enter the FCC car, just follow the sounds of laughing and clinking ice cubes and the blender - just remember why it is called the Fucking Cheery Car and act accordingly!

Save a seat for me. I'll bring chocolate.

Pic of kitties. Foreground is Kirby, behind him is Sebastian. They are brothers, turned 5 this spring.

th_IMG_0257.jpg

Very pretty kitties, luckiest!

Droopy would love them! hee

Crazy doggie thinks he can chase and CATCH our next door neighbor's cat. He whines to get off the deck and go play with her.

Little does he know she'd probably scratch his eyes out!

He also thinks he can catch seagulls at the beach and continues to chase them no matter how many times they fly away before he gets within a yard of them! :cryingwlaughter:

I hope the people making Claymate videos and POSTING them are about 13. Sweet, endearing fans.

As opposed to fucking lunatics.

I think it is a young girl, maybe in college. I am not sure, but she appeared in the first one.

Save a seat for me. I'll bring chocolate.

Chocolate works for me. Preferably dark!