#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Since I don't drink I'll join you in the FCC car and I will be the designated driver and tell you who you have to apologize to the next day!

Oh, boy! I think I love you! But I might be engaged to Heidi, I'm not sure.......

Truthfully? Lately I've been really examining my own life---who I am, where I am in my relationships, health, work; what I FEEL about what I've done and what I'd like to do; how I've crafted myself to be here and how badly I want to make some changes toward making the second 'half' of my life even more satisfying and meaningful than the first.

So while I'm certainly interested in this latest wild ride that is being a Clay fan, I'm working to make sure my interest remains that of a bystander--someone who loves the man that he's allowed me to get to 'know' and enjoy, and who wants him to be happy with his own life. So whatever choices that means for him, I'm there.

Posting or blogging at the OFC is about as private as talking to TMZ.

That "don't believe it unless you hear from me". IMO, was not addressing intimate details of Clay's personal life.

I cannot think of one reason why he should say a damned thing, really, and this fan is sticking with him.

I understand, sorta, if some people are working through feelings about this whole thing, but, really, Clay himself is not responsible for fixing that.

Anyone can enter the FCC car, just follow the sounds of laughing and clinking ice cubes and the blender - just remember why it is called the Fucking Cheery Car and act accordingly!

I just want to say, yeah that. And what do you want me to bring to the FCC?

I just want to say, yeah that. And what do you want me to bring to the FCC?

Pearl Vodka, and some club soda. And some nicely cut fresh lime wedges (no seeds, please). And some Brie and a couple of baguettes, and perhaps some pate. Maybe some of that Brie with mushrooms would be nice. And some Diet Pepsi. And some pork rinds, because they don't have carbs, and they can be schmeared with brie, which is both no carbs and makes other people queasy. Might as well be entertained!

Oh! You mean for yourself and those other people? I dunno.

Just wanted to add that I don't mean for my previous post to sound so abrupt, I was just thinking logically about something that others are thinking about emotionally.

Heeee, Ms Tomato, I guess I would like to know some of that if it is freely shared, but I don't feel like that's gonna happen, and I think that is OK with me.

Plus I suspect freely shared information will just be twisted and cause more angst for some.

I do have a lot of things running through my head but without knowing the truth it seems too invasive to start speculating about certain things like whether it's friendship or love or soulmates or was it mutal or did he ask her or did he do it for her. Hell I'm embarassed to be so nosy about this but there you go..I do want to know. And I'm saying that with the understanding that I may never know anything and am not entitled to know.

I do think of Clay as sort of a traditional guy in one way but he really has always marched to the beat of a different drum. So I guess after some thought I wouldn't be surprised if for him it wasn't get married, have babbies, live "happily" ever after. He always seemed to form families where ever he found a place of comfort be it with him mom, with extended family, with friends becoming family, with co-workers becoming family. It's kinda been a theme song of his.

ETA: Muski I have re-evaluated things regarding this fandom and my place in it several times over the years. Really, Sewell, was scary for me because it was so emotionally draining it pretty much made me sick. But fortunately for me it helped me get everything in check and I was able better to handle everything that followed. Looking back, Sewell was a piece of cake. I re-evaluated again during ATDW days. And I'm sure the day will come when I will do it again. I definitely had to get time management under control after 2004 and I can't even imagine if I had children or a husband. I won't get started on money. I've spent a whole hell of a lot, none of which I regret. If I could go back and change one thing I probably would not go back for the final 3 NAT in 2004 after I had already been across the country once that year. But it's not really a regret. I've had a blast the last 5 years and you know IF IF IF IF IF I still expect to continue to having fun in the future.

WTF is a spathyfillium? :cryingwlaughter:

Well.....Mr. Spath is a leeeeetle disheartened you don't remember him....but he's bearing up. Stiff upper lip and all that:

th_MrSpath.jpg

Oh! Oh! I love my spathiphyllum. I had to run upstairs to take a pic:

th_Spathiphylluminbedroom.jpg

Muski, I totally agree with needing to find the right place for your fandom in your life. I have to reevaluate that every once in awhile, to make sure that things in are balance. With a couple of jobs, kids, and a husband, it sure can be a juggling act at times! But since it brings a lot of fun, I've stuck with it. At this point I don't think I could get being Clay fan out of my life altogether, but everything has to balance to make life work.

I do have a lot of things running through my head but without knowing the truth it seems too invasive to start speculating about certain things like whether it's friendship or love or soulmates or was it mutal or did he ask her or did he do it for her. Hell I'm embarassed to be so nosy about this but there you go..I do want to know. And I'm saying that with the understanding that I may never know anything and am not entitled to know.

I do think of Clay as sort of a traditional guy in one way but he really has always marched to the beat of a different drum. So I guess after some thought I wouldn't be surprised if for him it wasn't get married, have babbies, live "happily" ever after. He always seemed to form families where ever he found a place of comfort be it with him mom, with extended family, with friends becoming family, with co-workers becoming family. It's kinda been a theme song of his.

I like the thought of Clay having all these people as part of his family, and I think to an extent, we are part of his family also, just not as close as some would like to believe. I wish that I had that ability that Clay has to draw people to him. I think I have that line around my heart that Clay sings about, so it has been really hard to let people in. Clay has given me hope though because it gave me the strength to break away from those who pull me down, who I'd kept in because of fear that I wouldn't find anyone else. So it brought me here to a group of people that I really like and hope someday to meet and have some of those drinks with.

Truthfully? Lately I've been really examining my own life---who I am, where I am in my relationships, health, work; what I FEEL about what I've done and what I'd like to do; how I've crafted myself to be here and how badly I want to make some changes toward making the second 'half' of my life even more satisfying and meaningful than the first.

So while I'm certainly interested in this latest wild ride that is being a Clay fan, I'm working to make sure my interest remains that of a bystander--someone who loves the man that he's allowed me to get to 'know' and enjoy, and who wants him to be happy with his own life. So whatever choices that means for him, I'm there.

I like the thought of Clay having all these people as part of his family, and I think to an extent, we are part of his family also, just not as close as some would like to believe. I wish that I had that ability that Clay has to draw people to him. I think I have that line around my heart that Clay sings about, so it has been really hard to let people in. Clay has given me hope though because it gave me the strength to break away from those who pull me down, who I'd kept in because of fear that I wouldn't find anyone else. So it brought me here to a group of people that I really like and hope someday to meet and have some of those drinks with.

Both these posts made me quite schmoopie this morning. {{{{{{{{{{{hugs to you both}}}}}}}}}}

I give up with trying to catch up, so I'm just gonna post anyway. The subject has probably changed 15 times by now.

Wanda - I believe it's proven that women over a certain age are "at risk" pregnancies. Not going to address the rest of the stuff in your post. You're entitled to your opinion. However, I am friends with 2 women who had children at that age and one child has Downs Syndrome and the other child has severe birth defects. That's my reality on the issue. Both women were healthy and took care of themselves during their pregnancies. Their doctors monitored them closely. So they weren't uterine has beens or whatever your comment was. But those uteruses were not 20-somethings!!!

I hope that Jaymes has a safe and healthy birth and that her/their child is healthy as well.

OOlsee - :cryingwlaughter:

I cannot believe that y'all haven't figured this out yet. Clay's reason for choosing to have a child with a 50 year old woman is obvious. Don't y'all remember upteen years ago when Clay said in an interview 'I'd like to have twins'? Well, older mothers have a higher incidence of twin births. This is simply an instance of our large and in charge boyfriend taking control of the situation in order to get what he wants.

So, what do you think they're going to name the kids? Or maybe they'll each take one.

Imagine the furore when the baby is born. Some in the fandom will not agree to the baby's chosen name, some will be upset if the baby doesn't have the same color eyes as Clay, and may speculate that it isn't Clay's baby and Jaymes will be accused for having an artificial insemination affair with another man. Some will insist that a DNA test is taken, and that Clay blogs the results. Some will insist that Clay takes the baby away from LA/Hollywood and raise his child in Raleigh. Others will insist his two dogs be given away in case they are jealous of the baby.

I shudder already. :whistling-1:

:cryingwlaughter: OMG that made me laugh out loud for the first time today!

WTF is a spathyfillium? :cryingwlaughter:

Well.....Mr. Spath is a leeeeetle disheartened you don't remember him....but he's bearing up. Stiff upper lip and all that:

th_MrSpath.jpg

Hee, I am sooooo not a plant person! They die as soon as they are brought into the house....I like the ones that grow in the garden outside without my help, though! :cryingwlaughter:

So it seems that Sebastian may be coming home earlier than expected. The vet says he is doing better than expected for this type of thing. She has pulled the catheter and I can pick him up before 6 pm. :) Yay, one less night at the vet's means less $$ out of my pocket!

I cannot believe that y'all haven't figured this out yet. Clay's reason for choosing to have a child with a 50 year old woman is obvious. Don't y'all remember upteen years ago when Clay said in an interview 'I'd like to have twins'? Well, older mothers have a higher incidence of twin births. This is simply an instance of our large and in charge boyfriend taking control of the situation in order to get what he wants.

So, what do you think they're going to name the kids? Or maybe they'll each take one.

Heeee, Booky, I was just thinking about the possibility of twins earlier today! But I'm thinking that Jaymes might be even bigger if she was carrying twins, but who knows?

So it seems that Sebastian may be coming home earlier than expected. The vet says he is doing better than expected for this type of thing. She has pulled the catheter and I can pick him up before 6 pm. :) Yay, one less night at the vet's means less $$ out of my pocket!

Yay!! Sebastian is healthy, and you owe less money!!

luckiest: Vet bills...yikes! I just got a black kitten. Took him to the vet for first check-up and shots. They put him on the "New Kitten Plan" which runs $200. I was like what???? That's a lot. They told me I was actually saving money. Oh, okay, whatever.

BTW, his name is "Chucky"...guess why?

To clarify something I said earlier...when I say "fans" I mean anyone who has purchased a CD or concert ticket. If nobody buys your CD or concert ticket, I don't think you would have much of a career in the music industry. As far as making an announcement on the OFC, I do think that is a "perk" for being a member. If you (figuratively speaking) want that perk, you need to join the fanclub. Of course I'm probably showing my age here. The only fan club I ever belonged to before was Barry Manilow's and, yes, it was before the internet, but we, as members of the fan club, got stuff...news, photos, letters, tickets....that others did not. The fan club site of any singer is his/her place to talk to their fans. I guess I just don't see the problem with a simple statement, but that's just me. :unsure:

I'm sure he'll make a statement as soon as he is ready because simple or not, as soon as it's made to the fans he's made it to the entire world. If he simply said, yes I'm going to be a father - that wouldn't change anything with the coverage. He'd have to go into further explanation. I'm starting to think they are waiting for the birth. IF IF IF IF IF.

luckiest:

To clarify something I said earlier...when I say "fans" I mean anyone who has purchased a CD or concert ticket. If nobody buys your CD or concert ticket, I don't think you would have much of a career in the music industry. As far as making an announcement on the OFC, I do think that is a "perk" for being a member. If you (figuratively speaking) want that perk, you need to join the fanclub. Of course I'm probably showing my age here. The only fan club I ever belonged to before was Barry Manilow's and, yes, it was before the internet, but we, as members of the fan club, got stuff...news, photos, letters, tickets....that others did not. The fan club site of any singer is his/her place to talk to their fans. I guess I just don't see the problem with a simple statement, but that's just me. :unsure:

It is just that many many of us have said we will still be fans and buy stuff, so I don't see the possibility that he will lose all his fans and thence his career. I don't think Mike Nichols chose him for Spamalot, or that he was invited to sing the other night, just because of his fans, although yeah, maybe his fans helped launch him, but now he is workin' it with his talent.

I have trouble thinking of Clay's private life as a "perk", on the same order as "news, photos, letters, tickets", and anyway, whenever he blogs, the info makes its way out into the world about five minutes later. Plus I would be astonished if TMZ and others of that ilk have not plonked down their $40 or whatever for a membership. Cheaper than paying stringers, really. Besides, it seems that many at the OFC have spazzed out and gotten downrght ugly about just a rumor - if I was him, I would just let it be.

I'm having a hard time with so many being upset about her age. So what if she is a mom at 50, how many 55....65.....even older....grandparents are raising their grand kids? And without the financial backing or support that this child will have. Yet they are all loved, by people trying to do the best they can.

I also have a hard time understanding people who have race issues, religion issues, gay issues and now I am astonished at the number of people....women yet!...who are having issues with older mothers.

It's just weird.

Why do they care?

Don't they understand....Clay gets to live his life, I get to live my life and they get to live theirs.

End of story.

But ahhhhh, kitties. So sad when they are sick. So sad when they have to leave us. Yesterday I went with my oldest as she had her dear friend Mr. Cat released from his suffering. th_MrCat.jpg

I agree, Couchie. :iagree:

I'm going to be adding these acronyms to my posts - IIT (if it's true) and IINT (if it's not true).

And to add some humor to the situation - I'm going to remember how the Knights of Ni reacted to the word "it" - with silly squeals!

*HUGS* to rohdy and her daughter. Mr. Cat looks like he was well-loved.

And now I'd better go add some stuff to my garage sale pile ....

Here's something to celebrate:

http://www.ktvz.com/global/story.asp?s=8420093

Clay Aiken's foundation gives $10,000 to Bend Park District

Posted: June 3, 2008 03:01 PM

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation, co-founded by entertainer Clay Aiken, announced over $500,000 in grants to support over 30 programs nationwide as part of the Foundation's Let's ALL Play program. Bend Metro Park and Recreation District was one of the recipients of $10,000 toward enhancing its inclusive programs.

The Bubel/Aiken Foundation looks to create communities where ALL children can learn, live, and play together. Let's ALL Play brings an inclusive recreational experience to children with disabilities by giving them the same experience as children without. Because of the Foundation's support, children will participate in inclusive programs, some for the first time.

Using this grant money, Bend Metro Park and Recreation District will be able to:

• Expand inclusion staff

• Receive a program model and Foundation training from Bubel/Aiken

• Continue to work toward achieving the goal of Let's ALL Play, which is to assist child and youth organizations in moving toward full inclusion.

Gibby... that is just so wonderful and those of us who contribute to BAF helped! Yippee!!!

Anyone remember The Fucking Cheery Car? I had it moved to FCA and the bar is open 24/7, just clean up after yourselves, BYOB of whatever you like, and tipping is appreciated. I am researching what kind of snacks to offer - Cheez Doodles haz too much carbz. Mixers and ice are on the house.

I've been hanging out in The Fucking Cheery Car a long time, and moved to FCA when it moved over here. Don't know if I'm cheery by nature, but by nature don't spend a lot of time on thinking about what people should do other than what they do. Tend to accept a lot of things others might not. Might come from having a pretty odd family. :cryingwlaughter:

KAndre fondly remembers building the Fucking Cheery Car and is of the opinion she should have enough minions by now to clean up behind her...stops and thinks for a second (and did some research) - nope, she was just the first passenger...a number of fucking cheery people (many of whom are in here now followed) and then ldyj opened the car for business! Being chugging along fuckin' cheerily ever since...

I remember it well. MUAH to all the other Fucking Cheery people!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Good Lord, I'd forgotten that I was the person who opened the FCC here! Can someone hand me a drink -- since it's before noon here, a Diet Coke with Lemon would do just fine!

couchie -- Fuzzy Treasure Trail. Tequila, Peach Schnaps, Sprite, and orange juice. I still haven't made one yet to come up with the ratios, but I do have the makings for one at home....

ldyj... That Fuzzy Treasure Trail sounds wonderful... I'm not much of a drinker, but I'd try that one! The real one, too! :hubbahubba:

Since I don't drink I'll join you in the FCC car and I will be the designated driver and tell you who you have to apologize to the next day!

merrieeee.... BWAH!!!

My contribution to the FCC is my "better than sex" cake. Lots of chocolate and soooo yummy, hence its name. Very impressive looking, too.

Ok, I read those magazine links. Man, they sure do like to make things up, don't they. Geesh! In Touch, especially. I was going WTF, like I really didn't do when I heard the news! Dang! Nigel can go pound sand... he's not any different than Simon, et al.

It is amazing to me that all those magazines printed this much info without any confirmation from the people directly involved. I'm glad Clay loves Jaymes and loves kids, cause whether this is really his kid or not, it is now. Grrrrrr!!! Just like his sexuality, the media has decided for him. Strangles imaginary tabloid writers wrathfully!

rohdy... Awwww! We lost a 17 year old cat a few months ago. It's like losing a member of your family! {{{HUGS}}}} to you and your daughter.

But MOST of the people you know aren't exactly MOST people period. MOST of the people I know don't feel the need to make a variety of public statements about personal family matters - as far as most of my family and friends are concerned the only ones with a "need to know" are real friends and family. Not any Tom, Dick or Harry strolling down the street. It's like weddings - some people like the big 50,000 member wedding party with announcement in the Times, some are in the backyard with the family and some just drop in on the justice of the peace. I personally am quite capable of being joyous and thrilled or sad and depressed or just being regular without sharing with anyone. And no, that's not just me.

And honestly, Clay really has kept most of his privacy. What does Joe Blow on the street really know about Clay Aiken? He was on AI. He can sing. Some may think they know about some issues, but honestly if you asked the average random person on the street what they know about Clay, compared to most people who have been in the public eye for five years, you wouldn't get a lot. So as far as I can see, Clay's strategy is working perfectly fine for him. People gossip and tell lies about other people all the time. You can't stop that. No one can.

Word to all that. That whole “if he would just say something the media wouldn’t be allowed to do…” whatever is just plain wrong, IMO. Just look at the whole gay thing. He DID answer the question (more than once) five years ago. Did it work? Hell, it ain’t going to work EVER. He could have sex on stage with a hot young chickie and they would just say that he’s “trying too hard”. Right. Hell, Clay himself posted AT LENGTH regarding RCA and promotion on his website. You tell me – did that have an effect on his fans, such that it changed any minds?

BTW, I really like Dick and Harry, but Tom? Not so much. Heh.

Geez, the whole Star thing is kinda funny, because even *I* know that that photo was taken when Angelina and Brad were at the beach with one of the guys from U2. I only know because I liked her dress. She didn’t “collapse” she was shown in many photos sitting on the rocky beach. He’s probably helping her up.

Oh, boy! I think I love you! But I might be engaged to Heidi, I'm not sure.......

It’s polygamy – there’s room for more. <g>

YAY for a peeing cat! *g*

Sorry for your family's loss of Mr. Cat rohdy.

Glad to know cha cha is safe. The weather has definitely been very strange this year.

bottlecap -- I'd pay to go see that movie. But only with the original stars. Hee.

I keeping thinking about this story, "you can't make this shit up." Followed immediately by "well, yes, I guess you can."

He could have sex on stage with a hot young chickie and they would just say that he’s “trying too hard”. Right. Hell, Clay himself posted AT LENGTH

These two sentences offer a number of smut possibilities :sleezy:

Can you find them? :whistling-1: