#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

By the way, I'm with Play on the various scenarios being played out (over and over) on the boards. Some of them are getting pretty danged...intimate and make me uncomfortable. To tell you the truth, I've been thinking---what if it turns out that this whole thing is a bunch of hooey? That is, what if this is just another tabloid fantasy?

Speaking just for myself, I'd want to remember everything I said about the 'story' and I'd hope that I wouldn't be embarrassed to reread any of my 'takes' of it, you know? Just seems that in some cases, the imaginations of some re: what 'must/might' be the real story are getting pretty....er....graphic. :unsure:

A friend and I were just saying the same thing. As many who were expecting the white picket fence fantasy, there seem to be just as many with quite vivid imaginings for this scenario.

Interesting news about Clay being in DC. I'm guessing there'll be some photo Clack *soon*.....

Well, shoot. It's obvious to me that, using my supra sekrit decoder ring, that he's announced that he is having a baby, a girl, and her name will be Sarah. [/jk]

As sands through the hourglass, so are the days of our message board postings.

And the cry goes up from a desperate Clay Nation: "Will there be CLACK?"

:cryingwlaughter: I was already praying for some. Don't they video those Lincoln Center things?

YouTube video of someone named Joseph Lynch singing "Sarah" from "The Civil War".

No offense to Mr. Lynch, but I'd rather hear Mr. Aiken singing.....

Couch Tomato

Athletes and celebrities IMO are not a social class. They got rich on a talent or something they were born with. Just because Magic Johnson can pass a basketball doesn't make him uppercrust LOL. Let him try to marry a Rockerfeller and see how that's taken. If I applied your rules to Clay and Jaymes Clayzor, IMO he is out of HER league not the other way around. But the world has vastly changed since people only married their cousins twice removed just to keep the line pure. IMO. That's why the downgrade was something I completely disagreed with. I guess I think Clay would marry a Raleigh girl that he knew 6 years ago before he would marry a celebrity. Most celebrities DON'T marry celebrities. It's the anomaly of that which keeps the tabloids pumping along.

Wow you have said everything I was thinking all along but didn't have the courage to state in case I got slammed for saying that in fact, the 'truth' is that Clay is not in Jaymes' league. (I had already read a lot about Jaymes, from the time I first heard Clay mention her name as someone special).

Class distinction is discrimination, and much more prevalent in old, traditional societies like, say, England, where if you were a carpenter, it would be to "lose face" if your daughter were to marry a butcher's son. While this kind of discrimination may not be as vile and sinister as racism and/or religious arrogance, it is still disgraceful and hinders the progress of the human race. But even in the example given, we can see how attitudes have changed. It looks like Prince William may marry a commoner, her family have absolutely no ties to aristocracy. Once upon a time, nothing less than a princess from europe would have been good enough for a future king of England. Princess Diana was a victim of the tabloids. Once upon a time, the media would not have dared to expose that much sensitive information about a member of the royal family, it would have been hushed up. Now, things are more "equal", no one is safe from the gutter media.

My favorite story in support of breaking senseless traditions is this one:

A young woman has a certain technique when roasting a chicken. She always cuts off the legs of the chicken, and cooks them in the same pan. Her husband asked her why she did that, and her reply was "that's the right way to do it. My mom always did it that way." One weekend, they were visiting her mother for Sunday lunch, and when the roast chicken was taken out of the oven, true enough, the legs were separate from the rest of the chicken. The son-in-law asked "Mom, why do you cut off the legs, why not just leave them as they are?" Mother-in-law replied, "That's the way my mom always did it, so I followed her way". Hubby couldn't understand this strange tradition. When he got home, he called granny-in-law, and asked her why she cut off the legs of the chicken. "OH.... that's because I only had a small pan, and it was the only way the chicken would fit"

By tradition, I mean anything that people like to keep rigid because that's their comfort-zone, rather than thinking outside the box for so many other possibilities. As Clay says, he doesn't feel sorry for children with disabilities, he feels excited about the possibilities and opportunities for them. Now, THAT's thinking outside the box.

Clay is special because he is a wonderful, talented human being, not because he is a celebrity. If Clay decided never to sing again, I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Here's the snippet of "Sarah"....sounds like a beautiful one for Clay to sing...

Sarah on amazon.com

I just listened to that clip and Carl Anderson has a beautiful voice. He actually reminds me of Josh Groban, who I also like but who bores me to tears after about 3 songs.

FORDTHEATER060108.jpg

My work here is done. (for now)

NO, NO! Come back!!! WORK HARDER!!!!! :P

hee. laljeterfan said HARDER :hubbahubba:

*this concludes the smut portion of our program. please tune in tomorrow for our next episode of As The Aiken Turns aka You Only Wish It Was In Everyone Of Us

:lmaosmiley-1: I had just skimmed the first time around so completely missed the extra words in the song title.

Wonderful post, claytonic! And this:

Clay is special because he is a wonderful, talented human being, not because he is a celebrity. If Clay decided never to sing again, I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

gets a big old WORD :F_05BL17blowkiss: from me!

Carl Anderson? Why am I thinking Jesus Christ Superstar?