#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Awww, he looks wonderful! Here's another one...

Getty Images

Very dapper. Very serious.

:wub:

Carl Anderson? Why am I thinking Jesus Christ Superstar?

That's where I went too.

Dang...tomorrow is Monday and I should go to bed.

But...

things. just. got. interesting. [tm Monica Geller}

Haven't you learned anything in the past 5 years, jamar?! :imgtongue: Sleep & housework are very highly overrated!

Getty Images

Does the woman on Clay's right look like she really, really wants to lick him, or am I just projecting again? :hubbahubba:

Good night, my peeps. The news of this performance was a wonderful way to end an "unusual" week-end in the Clay Nation. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

keepingfaith...Did you mean People.com? I didn't see the 'support story on AOL...but I checked People.com and there phrasing is
The "Claymates" are showing an outpouring of support after a rep for producer David Foster confirmed to PEOPLE that Clay Aiken is fathering a child with David's sister, music producer Jaymes Foster.

That's all I've heard yet--first that a rep said it, then that the Foster camp retracted it, etc. I still haven't seen anything directly from David or Jaymes Foster...

AOL says this on my computer -- and I think it's just a retread of TMZ, but they do say "raise the baby together."

Aiken's best friend, 50-year-old record producer Jaymes Foster, was allegedly artificially inseminated with the singer's sperm, and the two plan to raise the baby together.

As for People, it quotes a rep for David Foster, true. This has been worded to death in just a few days but my point is that People.com has this on the front page with the tagline:

Fans Show Support for Clay

"Claymates" couldn't be happier about the singer and Jaymes Foster's baby news

My point is that they haven't backed off the story.

Personally, I think the controversy over what the tabloids will say and how it will be spinning around the internet with all kinds of connotations is so beside the point. I think his relative oblivion to tabloid gossip is one of the things that makes him so fascinating. Jaymes sure doesn't seem to be a publicity hound. Why do they need to tell me anything? If there's something to tell and I need to know, I'll probably hear about it. In the meantime, I just don't like reading stuff about how disgusting and awful this is. Maybe it's true and not disgusting or awful at all. Maybe it's not true. Maybe it's partly true. Maybe there's a full-blown story waiting to come out on a Diane Sawyer Special. Who the fuck knows?

Awww, Squeeee! By coincidence I was listening to a bunch of other Frank Wildhorn songs today.

Carl Anderson? Why am I thinking Jesus Christ Superstar?

That's right! Same guy... he was in JCS as well as The Civil War. And I was listening the "The Last Supper" today as well. Sighs!

I know we've discussed this and maybe everyone is done. But I still . . .

have one question.

Why the hell aren't people questioning the AI "info" all to hell and back?

Not that Clay wouldn't donate. I don't find that surprising in the least.

But - if age and inability to conceive up to this point has been an issue for J, then wouldn't it be "in vitro fertilization" instead of AI?

I just have a feeling that some idiot got 20% of a story and didn't have sense enough to know the difference or the terminology or bother to look it up. I can certainly understand ivf. Much more believable to me.

I think I saw maybe one or two mentions of this. I'm just surprised this aspect hasn't been questioned more.

Not that it's any of my business. It's just that so much has been bandied back and forth, but this no so much.

Anybody?

Maybe people dont; really know the difference like me right now...care to illuminate?

IMO, probably the only truth in the story is that Jaymes is pregnant. I think they probably asked DF's spokesperson general questions about Clay to try to link them together and then just embellished the rest to suit their needs. It won't matter to me either way, I'll still love Clay, but this just doesn't seem like something he would do. I'm hoping we hear something from the Foster camp tomorrow to straighten things out. I don't think Clay owes us any explanation because I sincerely believe he had nothing to do with the situation. I could be totally incorrect, but that's how I feel at the moment.

Another lurker comes up...I think a lot of people feel this way thats why people are being cautious about believing it totally.

I see that some people are really worried about how this will affect Clay's career, but 1) I don't think Clay makes any of his decisions about his personal life on how it will affect his career, and 2) it is quite possible that this will actually boost his career. I know that I became much more interested in the Dixie Chicks after they made that controversial (at least to some) statement about Bush. I'm funny that way, if someone gets all bent out of shape about something, it makes me more interested. Started reading the Harry Potter books just because of all the frenzy about how it was going to damn people to hell or something. Who knows what they were jabbering about. Yes, he may lose some fans, their loss, but he could possibly gain a lot more. That's life. Is there a singing emoticon around here? Wasn't that a Sinatra song? I know I heard it somewhere.

Yup right now his music is gettig played a lot more on the net. People are interested thats for sure...

"Sarah" What song is that? I wanna hear it! I want to hear Clay sing it! Surely somebody has clack by now! :cryingwlaughter:

This is exactly what I told couchie as soon as I read that article...

I hope we have clack...is Jenna bush a claymate? maybe Laura has a hidden camera somewhere...

Very interesting that he is now getting called to be part of "Broadway" event like this one. I bet that performance on Broadway care got people's attention.

Maybe this means he will be at the broadway event this week to pick up his award. Sure hope so and that we get lots of clack. Just ordered my Broadway Cares dvd today so I can't wait to get that.

OK, so while his fans have been angsting, Clay's been "hobnobbing".

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/111...ds_theatre.html

Stars perform for president at Ford's Theatre gala

By NATASHA T. METZLER

ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

President Bush, shakes hands with singer Trisha Yearwood, left, as he leaves the stage after attending Ford's Theatre Gala at the National Theatre Sunday, June 1, 2008 in Washington.

WASHINGTON -- Broadway came to the nation's capital Sunday night during a gala for the Ford's Theatre attended by President Bush and first lady Laura Bush.

Actor Hal Holbrook, country music singer Trisha Yearwood, former American Idol runner-up Clay Aiken and other stars performed songs and spoken word pieces from the musical "The Civil War" at the National Theatre, which hosted the event because the beneficiary theater is under renovation.

"Laura and I have been coming here now for eight years to the Ford Theatre gala and this is by far the best," Bush said after the performances. "It's such an uplifting performance and a reminder of what a great president Abraham Lincoln was."

The musical, which premiered in Houston in 1998 before opening on Broadway, follows the course of the war from multiple perspectives.

The spoken word selections invoked Frederick Douglass, Sojourner Truth and Lincoln among others. Holbrook read several selections.

Yearwood performed two numbers: "If I Should Lose My Way" and "The Honor of Your Name." Aiken sang "Sarah."

Other performers included actor Avery Brooks, musician Larry Gatlin and author Maya Angelou.

Angelou was one of the evenings two recipients of Lincoln Medals.

Actress Ruby Dee also was honored with a medal. Her daughter accepted it on her behalf.

"The Lincoln Medal brings Abraham Lincoln's legacy to life by recognizing his wisdom and vision in the work of today's leaders," the first lady said when introducing the recipients. "It honors those who through their accomplishments or personal attributes illuminate the character of our most beloved president."

DCGalahandshakes.jpg

DCGala1.jpg

He's lookin' good in a suit!

:hubbahubba:

Edited to add the link.

Getty Images

Does the woman on Clay's right look like she really, really wants to lick him, or am I just projecting again? :hubbahubba:

Good night, my peeps. The news of this performance was a wonderful way to end an "unusual" week-end in the Clay Nation. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

HEE...I bet its just the angle in the photo...but it sure looks that way...

KF...I do agree that one thing that is making me go more to the believe this story column is how People has handled this story. I don;t think they can just ignore a retraction if there was some real basis for it, and not just someone that regrets saying something about it. I also think that follow up article is more like a PR piece from TC, I could be wrong about that of course.

Oh and Wildhorn also wrote "This is The Moment" which Clay performed for the "Pieces of Gold" (?) competition when he was in high school -- wasn't that the reason his music teacher got upset and cut him from his senior year musical?

It's quite an honor to be asked to perform with the other Broadway performers.

How in the hell do we know where Clay's sperm has been and not his body????

Why didn't we know about this????

It's quite an honor to be asked to perform with the other Broadway performers.

How in the hell do we know where Clay's sperm has been and not his body????

Why didn't we know about this????

Oh yeah it is thats why I am thrilled that he did this. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE