#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Awww, I'm in the office (actually the server room) right now -- could someone please describe the pictures? MUAH! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I heard mature, gorgeous, mighty fine... more details please?

81326507.jpg

laughn... thanks! That's a mighty fine looking man in a mighty fine looking tux! Hope this is televised!

I hope he still have his place in NYC and is heading there now and staying to go to the private reception with Hannah to get his award.

He just keeps on keeping on... the titanium that takes just blows my mind!

I'm ok now... seeing him being honored in this way when this crap is going on just made me feel so much better.

He'll tell us what he wants us to know when he wants to. He knows not all his fans are extreme and the vast majority are very supportive.

He'll be alright... we'll be alright. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

My daughter was on the computer and I just got back on; how wonderful for Clay...I guess the reports of the demise of his career were greatly exaggerated.

He looks wonderful in a tux!

Kim

Scarlett... in one picture he is in line to shake President Bush's hand. The other picture is more a close up and shows this neat tux with wide lapels and what looks like a yellow or gold not-a-tie showing. His hair is straight and blond and his expression is serious.

Awww, I'm in the office (actually the server room) right now -- could someone please describe the pictures? MUAH! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I heard mature, gorgeous, mighty fine... more details please?

He is wearing a beautiful tux with white tie...usual hair but he has stubble...he looks gorgeous and serious.

He'll be alright... we'll be alright. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Just popping out of lurkdom to WORD this... :clap:

Back to my Jeffrey Deaver book! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Boy, you guys are good. I didn't even notice the tie. Of course, there was this hawt guy who kept distracting me.

in one picture he is in line to shake President Bush's hand. The other picture is more a close up and shows this neat tux with wide lapels and what looks like a yellow or gold not-a-tie showing. His hair is straight and blond and his expression is serious.

He is wearing a beautiful tux with white tie...usual hair but he has stubble...he looks gorgeous and serious.

Eeeee! Thank you!!!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ETA:

...and we were talking about how he could be in such a dangerous place... LOL! I'm sure the Presidential Security could've handled anything!!!

I can't remember a time in the past many mumbledly years when I've seen anything broadcast live from Ford's Theater, and especially if the President is there. I believe these events are private affairs, and are unannounced for security reasons. Ford's Theater is so small. I think we can look forward to this being shown on PBS one of these days.

It's quite an honor to be asked to perform with the other Broadway performers.

How in the hell do we know where Clay's sperm has been and not his body????

Why didn't we know about this????

Oh I think people knew and unlike the Prince Herbert in Spamalot they chose not to tell!

seeing him being honored in this way when this crap is going on just made me feel so much better.

Just for the record, Clay wasn't being honored. Maya Angelou and Ruby Dee were being honored. Clay and the other cast members were performing for the honorees receiving the Lincoln Medal, presented by the President. Unless, of course, you mean that you think it's an honor he was asked to perform. But then, I think the honor was all theirs in that they were privileged to hear Clay Aiken sing. And they got to look at him all gorgeous in his tuxedo.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/111...ds_theatre.html

Well Clay is in DC

OMG Clay was singing and he's going to be a father. I guess his career is not over after all[/snark]

Ok, we DO NOT know he's going to be a father. Yes, his career is not over.

FORDTHEATER060108.jpg

But YUCK! He had to shake W's hand??? Poor baby!

How come all of a sudden all seems right in the Clay Nation?

Just a passing moment I'm sure.

Awww, he looks wonderful! Here's another one...

Getty Images

Very dapper. Very serious.

:wub:

Looks like he's trying not to throw up on W's shoes!

KF...I do agree that one thing that is making me go more to the believe this story column is how People has handled this story. I don;t think they can just ignore a retraction if there was some real basis for it, and not just someone that regrets saying something about it. I also think that follow up article is more like a PR piece from TC, I could be wrong about that of course.

I think you are giving People too much credit. I'm not sure they are much better than TMZ. If they were at all reputable they would AT THE VERY LEAST mention that the alleged quote from the Foster camp had been retracted no matter what the reason for the retraction. As for the follow-up piece, I think it sounded like another opportunity to make "Claymates" sound stupid.

IMO, the best way for TC to put out good PR about this is to have Clay and Jaymes acknowledge it and say how happy they are blah, blah, blah.

Of course, that would be assuming this story is true and I still have my doubts about that and will until Clay or Jaymes says something one way or the other.

OK, it's time to talk hair, is it the lighting does it look a little less blond?

I think its just the lighting - unfortunately....

Well, I'm sorry. But I disagree with some of you. I don't care if Jaymes is pregnant. I really don't care if its Clay's baby - although I still find that really, really, REALLY weird that he's getting it on (artificially or otherwise) with Jaymes. But own up to it! He should be happy he's having a baby - if he is! If he's in love with Jaymes - own up to it! I don't agree that something as monumental as having a child needs to be hidden behind his "I want my private life private" wall! He's a celebrity and there are certain life moments that flunk the privacy test. That's how I feel. It's okay for him to ask us for money every time he has a good cause (and he does have good causes and yes, I don't have to give) It's okay for him to expect us to support UNICEF and Broadway Cares and yada! yada! We care about him - and not just his career. He knows that! He uses that! Having a baby is a huge life event. If he's so happy about it than share it with the people that have supported him through thick and thin. Let us be happy for him.

Now I know the tomatoes will start coming my way. People will always be contrary when someone takes a stand - even on this board. I have never been critical of Clay. I have always supported him in everything. But I just think this isn't something that should be hidden!!!!

Oh - that isn't a white tie! It's yellow and it's gorgeously folded. Very smart, very chic.

ETA: Claygasm posted this at the same time I was posting:

think you are giving People too much credit. I'm not sure they are much better than TMZ. If they were at all reputable they would AT THE VERY LEAST mention that the alleged quote from the Foster camp had been retracted no matter what the reason for the retraction. As for the follow-up piece, I think it sounded like another opportunity to make "Claymates" sound stupid.

IMO, the best way for TC to put out good PR about this is to have Clay and Jaymes acknowledge it and say how happy they are blah, blah, blah.

Of course, that would be assuming this story is true and I still have my doubts about that and will until Clay or Jaymes says something one way or the other.

WORD!

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/111...ds_theatre.html

Well Clay is in DC

OMG Clay was singing and he's going to be a father. I guess his career is not over after all[/snark]

Oh, WOW!

"Sarah" What song is that? I wanna hear it! I want to hear Clay sing it! Surely somebody has clack by now! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm hoping but I ain't holding my breath.

Don't think the Presidential Security Team would be all that sympathetic towards the need for Clack!

:cryingwlaughter:

Here's the snippet of "Sarah"....sounds like a beautiful one for Clay to sing...

Sarah on amazon.com

Gorgeous!

I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Thread title!!!

In vitro fertilization = woman's eggs are fertilized with donor sperm outside the body, then implanted in the uterus

Artificial insemination = donor sperm is collected and inserted into the vagina/cervix/uterus

Thus ends our Fertility Clinic Overview for tonight!

more info here

ETA:

ISEEME, maybe they were planning to share the news in their own time. Somebody took that option away. To me, that's what stinks!

Disagreeing is not telling someone how to think. If the expectation when posting something very negative or positive is to change other posters' minds, IMO that is not going to happen. When anyone posts, people will agree, disagree, or just not be moved to comment. I never see posts telling people WHAT to think, I just see posts disagreeing with this or that.

Of course she is entitled to think what she wants. She is not entitled to agreement. Disagreement is not regulating. So if someone posts something that other posters disagree with, they can expect to be ignored or disagreed with, no

I'm calling this the quote of the day of a very long day.

I can't remember a time in the past many mumbledly years when I've seen anything broadcast live from Ford's Theater, and especially if the President is there. I believe these events are private affairs, and are unannounced for security reasons. Ford's Theater is so small. I think we can look forward to this being shown on PBS one of these days.

Google tells me it's usually broadcast on ABC around the 4th of July.

Awww, he looks wonderful! Here's another one...

Getty Images

OMG!

He is to DIE for. Look at that amazing young man.

eta: I feel SO much better having seen him!! God is good.

FORDTHEATER060108.jpg

But YUCK! He had to shake W's hand??? Poor baby!

I don't see a poor baby, I see a citizen of The United States lucky enough to shake hands with the current President. It is an honor, whether you agree with his political views or not.

He's not my favorite person but.....the man is still our President.

JMO

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a happier note....can't tell you how pleased I am to have been out of town and out of touch, visitng my youngest child in Philly for the past 4 days. It was a great anniversary present to ourselves and I am so happy to have missed the drama known as Clay's life.

Now that is a poor baby moment! Whatever the truth might be.

People reporting at the CH that in past years this event has been broadcast on or around the Fourth of July. I hear Jaymes got lucky, maybe we will too. (I keed, but it would be nice to hear him sing this song. It's beautiful)

Wow! You've all been very ...umm....chatty!

I rarely scroll through anyones posts but I am usually catching up after you all have gone to bed and many people have voiced my thoughts already. I think Gibby said it well,

Gibby said:

"I notice that a lot of posts seem to be 'ignored.' No one comments on them. Some posts are commented on a lot because people have something in common with the person, they really agree with the post, or they really disagree with it. That happens at just about every message board I've visited. And it's not so much that people are being ignored, but that it's impossible to comment on every post.

If we were all talking together in person, we could see by body language that we were being listened to - people would make eye contact, nod, smile, frown, laugh, etc. But on a message board we don't get that kind of feedback. There are plenty of posts of mine that no one comments on. I assume that I'm not being ignored, but that people instead are busy posting about their lives and opinions instead of responding to mine. Heeeee, I hope I'm not being delusional. If I am being ignored, nobody tell me, okay?

Anyway, Clayzor, I think I've read all of your posts, and simply didn't comment. And you've probably read my posts, and not commented on them, either. I think that message boards are more interesting when people have different points of view, so I hope you'll keep posting here, even if you have a different POV. And I'm sorry that you feel ignored - on my part, at least, it's not intentional. "

I know there were many other people I wanted to quote also but I am worn out now! And while I agree with all the housework sentiments I must now go and create the illusion that I haven't spent way too long reading this board and am indeed v. houseproud and particular! After all I live to cook and clean and take care o my man........(Hey I should write country songs....)

seeing him being honored in this way when this crap is going on just made me feel so much better.

Just for the record, Clay wasn't being honored. Maya Angelou and Ruby Dee were being honored. Clay and the other cast members were performing for the honorees receiving the Lincoln Medal, presented by the President. Unless, of course, you mean that you think it's an honor he was asked to perform. But then, I think the honor was all theirs in that they were privileged to hear Clay Aiken sing. And they got to look at him all gorgeous in his tuxedo.

kf, I just took the Clay Honored reference to mean it was an honor for him to be asked to perform at such a prestigious event.

I could be wrong. But that's what I got when I read it. It never entered my mind that he was an honoree. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

On that note - I'm headed to bed!

Way past my bedtime!

But I sure am glad I stayed up late enough to read of Clay singing in DC and see a couple of purdy pics.

It does make me feel good to know he's just going on with his life!

And - besides, I love that man in a tux!!!

G'Night!

:)

Aren't you all glad I only was in lurkdom a short time???

Don't worry. I promised myself if I feel my blood pressure start to rise I will go right back in - for everyone's sake!

But, I really do not know why it is so important to differentiate between artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization. In both scenarios conception did not happen "the old fashion" way and in both scenarios it meant Clay (IF this is even true) was in a room with magazines, a cup and his hands.

Which I believe is the whole reason for this breaking news. True or not, does anyone think there would be nearly this much interest if Clay was going to be a father under what most would consider more "normal" circumstances? Nope. The sensational aspect of this rumor is the artificial insemination angle (or IVF but I doubt TMZ cares about the difference). And I believe that the whole reason that has been the most important and emphasized slant to the story is because it feeds right into the "he's gay" theories held by so many. That makes it much more juicy and sensational than if he were in love with someone in his age bracket and was expecting a baby conceived the old fashion way. How boring would that be!

Not to get into a political argument, but this citizen of the United States would rather be run over by a truck than to shake hands with this particular president. Just because he got "elected" to this office does not in my book means he gets my respect and this particular president has earned nothing but my disdain.

Well, I'm sorry. But I disagree with some of you. I don't care if Jaymes is pregnant. I really don't care if its Clay's baby - although I still find that really, really, REALLY weird that he's getting it on (artificially or otherwise) with Jaymes. But own up to it! He should be happy he's having a baby - if he is! If he's in love with Jaymes - own up to it! I don't agree that something as monumental as having a child needs to be hidden behind his "I want my private life private" wall! He's a celebrity and there are certain life moments that flunk the privacy test. That's how I feel. It's okay for him to ask us for money every time he has a good cause (and he does have good causes and yes, I don't have to give) It's okay for him to expect us to support UNICEF and Broadway Cares and yada! yada! We care about him - and not just his career. He knows that! He uses that! Having a baby is a huge life event. If he's so happy about it than share it with the people that have supported him through thick and thin. Let us be happy for him.

Now I know the tomatoes will start coming my way. People will always be contrary when someone takes a stand - even on this board. I have never been critical of Clay. I have always supported him in everything. But I just think this isn't something that should be hidden!!!!

Well, I like to call it having an opinion, not taking a stand. Taking a stand means you are ready to fight people to make them agree with you,that doesn't fly here. I ain't gonna agree with you, you can't make me. We don't know what is true, you can't make Clay respond to your "truths" made from assumptions based on a gossip site and the fact that Clay does not respond to gossip. I am a strong believer in respecting other people's privacy and, oddly enough, that includes Clay.

Good night on that. I think Clay did want to keep the spotlight off himself for this night, it is not his night, so not responding to gossip seems reasonable in this light.

He looks so good in that tux and so respectful and serious. Seeing the pic and reading the article - it just makes me so proud of him.

:wub: