#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

Forty-SIX users!!! Why don't you all post something!!!!! Celebrate!

"Something!"

I'll post SOMETHING too......... :cryingwlaughter:

Awww cha cha...it wouldn't load for me, but my internet is acting wonky...I'll try again tomorrow.

FWIW...following in canfly's footsteps I posted some emotes too. :P

Good Night... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KenLee.jpg

OH LOOK ....Bulgaria's answer to Mariah Carey went and did a crash course in English and was invited back to sing on the show in front of a TV audience!!

WOW WOW A Much Improved version of Ken Lee !!. (well, you heard the audition, right??)

And if that wasn't enough and you yet another ENCORE....here's a DANCE REMIX of the new hit Ken Lee!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usvoaw1gAKA&NR=1

Congrats jmh!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The first night I lurked here, at the suggestion of luckiest1, the very first post I read was yours -- about the Walmart employees hiding all copies of Clay's CDs when "certain" people dropped in -- I knew then and there this was the place for me.

That, and the "set list" for the DCAT tour that was being compiled, including Why Don't We Do It in the Road. Laughed hard at that I did, so what did Clay do? He sang SexyBack, of course!

Hee, what can I say? Sometimes I get it right. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Congrats, jmh123. Good news!

Boss from hell is back this week. And since can't access the board at work without A. being logged off immediately thereby losing the ignore function (and yes, believe me, it does exist) and B. supressing pictures and emoticons, which are half the fun, I may just be checking in in the evenings. Have a good one, y'all!

Tiptoes into FCA; being careful not to step on any sleeping bodies; gathers up empty glasses and goes to get broom and dustpan....

My that was some party last night; sorry, I missed it...sucks being a responsible adult at times and getting to bed at a decent hour...think I may need to change that, LOL! Of course, I don't drink, so next time you decide to throw a party, make sure you have a supply of root beer!

Lovely pictures of Mr. Aiken being posted last night; it was very enjoyable catching up (well, I did have one "WTF" moment, but since I said I wasn't going to talk about certain subject, that is all I am going to say about that)

Everyone have a lovely day,

Tiptoes out of FCA leaving a pitcher of Bloody Mary's and a large bottle of aspirin.

Kim

Anyone else up yet?!! *crickets* Have fun today -- I'll be at the other office site so I'm going to miss all the happenings.

Be good, y'all! *hah!* Ok, be careful.

Aikim, thanks for tidying up! *Smooches* :F_05BL17blowkiss:

ps. And don't anyone marry Iseeme while I'm gone!

I'm UP! Which means the thread title poll is at the top of the page! And it also means I need to teach some of the other mods how to do thread title polls...hee.

Tijala, I'm jealous that you're in culinary school. I would love to go back to school for that purpose...

Congratulations jmh! You'll be great! MUAH!

ETA: the latest in the OMWH series from Betty897x:

th_ashes3.jpg

Good news on Mediabase. OMWH is still at #28 with 98 spins versus 92 spins for the last 7 day period. An increase of 6 spins and aud impression of 0.276. The song at #28, Apologize, is at 99 spins and lost -13, so OMWH could very likely move to #27 soon. Yayness. :00000442:

Good news on Mediabase. OMWH is still at #28 with 98 spins versus 92 spins for the last 7 day period. An increase of 6 spins and aud impression of 0.276. The song at #28, Apologize, is at 99 spins and lost -13, so OMWH could very likely move to #27 soon. Yayness. :00000442:

Right now, over at AOL Top 11 Videos --

Ashes is #3

Everything I Don't Need is #7

http://music.aol.com/top11

#1 is seriously close ...... even if it's not OMWH.

I finally found a request line at my local AC station so I'll request today. They have not played OMWH once. I have been streaming videos at night.

Here's hoping for a peaceful day today and no reasons to start the margaritas early. :1: :peace:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today. Here's hoping Clay has a restful day today not that we'll ever know if he does. Hey, at least he won't have to sing Ken Lee. :whistling-1:

The first night I lurked here, at the suggestion of luckiest1, the very first post I read was yours -- about the Walmart employees hiding all copies of Clay's CDs when "certain" people dropped in -- I knew then and there this was the place for me.

That, and the "set list" for the DCAT tour that was being compiled, including Why Don't We Do It in the Road. Laughed hard at that I did, so what did Clay do? He sang SexyBack, of course!

Wow, I haven't posted in a day or so and now my sweeties here seem to have abandoned me. You fickle sluts!! Get a few margaritas and a little gin in you, and look what happens! I have no one. Maybe I convinced myself I really was in love, but I've been wrong all along. So, now, I'm all alone, all by myself. Ya'll have fun with all that love and wonderful stuff. I'll just be off to bed and wait for a lonesome tomorrow, that will come anyway, and I'll be alone for another day .....

kp... BWAH!!! :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

I'm curious - what "certain" people???

Good News:

Someone posted (sorry forgot who it was) that KBEZ in Tulsa was playing OMWH so I emailed my contacts there. Here are their responses:

I was the person who put it into our computer system, but it hasn't come up on my shift yet. It may be day-parted to evenings. (?) Oh, and congrats to Clay-soon-to-be-Dad! He looks so happy about the whole situation!

Charlene

The PD emailed me back and said:

To be honest with you, it's only getting played during the overnight shift for now. But hey, that's a start!

Dave

This station is very slow playing anything new and the last Clay song they played was BOTW. So this is a start. I'm happy. Did you notice that not everyone thinks Clay becoming a daddy is a bad thing?

Bad News: Did anyone see the newest from the NE? It is a different story but somewhat related. This is really just crazy! :herewegoagin:

Bad News: Did anyone see the newest from the NE? It is a different story but somewhat related. This is really just crazy! :herewegoagin:

You know, I really hate these kinds of cryptic posts, if people have something to say, I wish they would just say it instead of beating around the bush...if you don't want to post it, than why bring it up?

Kim

Good morning everyone. Glad I just drank wine instead of 'ritas last night. I have a tee time in 45 minutes and just dropped in to say hello!

But I do want to ask Iseeme if she'll marry me?

Honest to God, I never thought I'd have to install one of those Baskin-Robbin number thingies.... :cryingwlaughter:

Haven't seen the new NE unless it's the one where the cutesingerman was trying to buy a baby! I do have to commend NE and Star and Globe for the creativeness of their lies. It's truly amazing the shit they can come up with! Can you only imagine how long the line would be if Clay put out the word for volunteer babymamas???

Yeppers to Clay doing an "oldies" set again. I wonder if he'll be more inclined to dance during concerts now. He jokes about being able to learn choreography but his little moves and dances during curtain call sort of bely that.....he was rocking out and it looked pretty natural!!!

Off to chase a little white ball around a big park......

golfing1.gif

I think the Star has a story that Clay was hoping to dispel the gay rumours by fathering a baby, but is now upset because the A.I. thing got out. Like anything would dispel the gay rumors. At least they said he has steadfastly denied the rumors.

Who would have guessed that Clay would give The Star an exclusive? ;-)

It was fun catching up this morning, guess I went to bed too early and missed the party!

Was in the library yesterday to pick up another bit of romance fluff and saw a book in the new releases section---an 'unauthorized' biography of Tom Cruise. That man has always fascinated me so I picked it up.

Reading it is oddly cathartic for me in a number of ways relating to Clay. Their childhood situation with father figures is quite similar; their relationship to females in those early years similar in many ways, too. Similar 'playground' victimization in school, being bullied, etc. And quite different ways of handling what life dealt them.

Very intriguing. Yes, I cringe whenever there's a quoted part since there are no footnotes!!! (I thought that for even an 'unauthorized' biography, there would be sources of actual quotes? :huh: How naive am I? Or maybe it's just my former English teacher self nagging me. :rolleyes:) But it's interesting to see how both boys in school gravitated to the stage as a way to shine, a way to feel comfortable since they weren't quite 'accepted' in other ways.(I never knew that Tom can sing! According to this book, he not only showed natural talent on the stage as an actor, but had a very good singing voice!) Differences, of course, are glaring: Tom was athletic and driven to 'prove' himself physically (maybe to overcome his lack of height), was quite confident about his looks (having lots of girlfriends and 'experiences') and often got into trouble---he has always been a daredevil. Clay, as we've been told, avoided sports whenever possible and was self conscious of his physical appearance.

Just interesting to see how similar circumstances applied to individuals create varied results...that's life!

Anyhooo.....y'all have a good day. Hope the hangover from last night's debauchery here isn't going to cause anyone to avoid the next time there's over-indulgence at FCA. :cryingwlaughter:

Yeah, I woke up with a headache too and all I had was a wine cooler. Should have gone for the margharitas.

I can't get upset about the NE or any of those other papers since I think they are stupid and I never take anything they say seriously.

:clay:

:clap:

I don't really see many parallels between Clay and Tom Cruise. Tom bought into the Hollywood lifestyle and actively pursued it, Clay kind of fell into it and wants to remain himself as a person. As far as the bullying in school, do we really know much about it viewpoints as a child change as one gets to an adult. i never felt comfortable in school until High school myself seemed everyone else was working on a different social plane. I high school I got away from what ever reputation was following me from the early grades and made it into a nerd group of people who all had ambitions and enjoyed mental challenges and in homeroom I got in with a group of people who were not capable of much but appreciated my hlp to get by, I don't know how I stated helping some girls study, but it just seemed the that school wasn't going to help them and they were nice people. And I will now show my predjudice, but his salute to the high commander puts tom Cruise in a whole different world of strange.

Oooh, the voting is close on the next title - your vote could make the difference! Dont forget you could get a thread nae you don't like and it will all be your own fault.

Eh,too nice to stay on line, after I eat, I am so gone from here

I'm curious - what "certain" people???

I wrote a bit of snark arising out of the fact that I could go to my local Walmart and find beaucoup CDs, and someone reporting on the CB thread would say there were none at that same store on the same day.

Here, I found it, from March 2007:

Apparently there are no CDs in the stores of people who hate ATDW and want it to be done with, and plenty in the stores of those of us who love it and want to hear songs from ATDW this summer. How are the stores able to figure this out, I wonder, and what do they do when people of both persuasions shop at the same store? I can hear it on the intercom now--"Quick, hide the Aiken CDs, Sally Conspiracy-Theorist is coming in." "Hurry, bring 'em out again. Here comes Julie Jubilant-About-Clay!!" "Oh no, they're both in the store at the same time. Someone distract Sally and keep her out of electronics so she doesn't see those albums!!"