#34: So, how about that Clay Aiken?

Ansamcw

Thread Title  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• You mean, it?s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?
    • But I swear I tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • Tulibu dibu douchou
    • Until he starts singing with it though, it's a non-issue for me.
    • I guess I'll stay a Clay fan as imperfect as he is just because I'm imperfect too and he sings so good.
    • IF IF IF IF IF
    • IF IF IF IF IF uh
    • Clay is not just marching to a different drummer, he has a whole new fabulous marching band!
    • I'd still be a fan of anything else he may sprinkle his magic on.

I don't really see many parallels between Clay and Tom Cruise.

I think you might've misinterpreted my point of comparison between Cruise and Aiken, Play, I don't see many parallels either in terms of who they are becoming/have become. My information of their similarities is of their childhood settings/challenges, etc. See below:

Their childhood situation with father figures is quite similar; their relationship to females in those early years similar in many ways, too. Similar 'playground' victimization in school, being bullied, etc. And quite different ways of handling what life dealt them.

Although I do see some similarities in the adult men in that they are both very talented at what they do; they're both intensely passionate about something; they're both very charming (and disarming) and charismatic; they're both HAWT! :hubbahubba: (to me) for different reasons.

The differences, of course, are quite obvious, IMO...but I hadn't known facts about TC's young days before.

ETA: Actually, what I said up there about their relationship with females being similar applies to familial relationships, not boy/girl ones!

Bad News: Did anyone see the newest from the NE? It is a different story but somewhat related. This is really just crazy! :herewegoagin:

You know, I really hate these kinds of cryptic posts, if people have something to say, I wish they would just say it instead of beating around the bush...if you don't want to post it, than why bring it up?

Kim

Sorry, didn't mean to be "cryptic". Since I am always behind, I didn't want to say too much about it if it had already been discussed. Plus I never know what can and cannot be discussed and I don't want to piss anybody off (which I guess I did anyway). It was the alleged attempted baby buying story.

I'll shut up now and go back to lurking. :(

I'll shut up now and go back to lurking.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

On some boards, some posters appreciate that people don't post ugly crap, and that they just post a link, so one can decide whether they need to give that site a hit, or whether they even want to read it.

So,,,,,fair compromise?

I'll shut up now and go back to lurking.

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

On some boards, some posters appreciate that people don't post ugly crap, and that they just post a link, so one can decide whether they need to give that site a hit, or whether they even want to read it.

So,,,,,fair compromise?

I think it would be better to describe the article and if a link is posted, make it one to the main page of the online publication, instead of right to the article. I think it's better not to have direct hits right from the message board, don't you? (Actually, it's better not to give it any hits!)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think it would be better to describe the article and if a link is posted, make it one to the main page of the online publication, instead of right to the article. I think it's better not to have direct hits right from the message board, don't you? (Actually, it's better not to give it any hits!)

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

ITA with this as well. I would also suggest to try to keep the description of the article as neutral as possible -- I tried to put a joke about the turkey baster into the original TMZ story, and it kind of backfired on me. *g*

If we're talking pictures about the 2006 time frame, I'll post this one again, even if posted it last night too. This is still one of my all time favorite pictures of him. I kept a copy of that People magazine next to my bed for several months, and looked at it before going to sleep at night. (Is that wrong?)

th_people07.jpg

The important stuff first! Just wanted to express my undying love for wandacleo, kandre because of this:

If for some odd reason you feel as though you're being treated as a child - well, maybe you're being childish.

....and Clay Aiken! Because of everything!

I found the "ignore" key a long while back, and I know how to use it. :) Works for me.

jmh123, congrats!

EF-big1024x768.jpg:hubbahubba:

This needs to be reposted.........

This is one of my favorites from that period!! I think he looks really sexy here. He resembles George Harrison but prettier!!

Oooooh yummy! I needed that...and my coffee to wake up. Didn't sleep great last night.

EEEE! I'm under FromClagary! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Please, nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I removed the sn so you wouldn't feel put on the spot, but please don't stop posting. I really miss your posts. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Bad News: Did anyone see the newest from the NE? It is a different story but somewhat related. This is really just crazy! :herewegoagin:

You know, I really hate these kinds of cryptic posts, if people have something to say, I wish they would just say it instead of beating around the bush...if you don't want to post it, than why bring it up?

Kim

Sorry, didn't mean to be "cryptic". Since I am always behind, I didn't want to say too much about it if it had already been discussed. Plus I never know what can and cannot be discussed and I don't want to piss anybody off (which I guess I did anyway). It was the alleged attempted baby buying story.

Please don't go back to lurking, I didn't mean to come across so harsh; I am just not big on secrecy...its seems we have had a lot of that in the fandom over the years...I mean, I like mysteries to a point, but I prefer my Clay news straight up...I saw that article in the NE on Friday when I was grocery shopping, so no new news to me.

Kim

I was reading all of your comments last night and agree with the majority. I will just say that I believe Clay until he says differently. I will love him no matter what and will continue to support him.

It was a long day at work yesterday and with all the talk of drinks, I wished I had one. Left my bucket of margaritta(sp) mix at my sons house on Sunday in his freezer. We were out on the lake when the tornado sirens went off and we barely made it back to his house. Not in time to get the chairs that flew into the lake, and also he lost the canopy over the boat hoist. They are saying we did not have a tornado but horizonal winds at 150 miles hour. Whatever it was it was scary.

Also, I was really getting hungry over the peanut butter and choc. pie. RHODY, I was almost ready to jump in my car and drive over to your house. It sounded so good.

Still can not get my bold to work, forgive me.

If we're talking pictures about the 2006 time frame, I'll post this one again, even if posted it last night too. This is still one of my all time favorite pictures of him. I kept a copy of that People magazine next to my bed for several months, and looked at it before going to sleep at night. (Is that wrong?)

th_people07.jpg

If it is wrong, then I will see you in Hell!! (Did the same thing.)

And I bet we'll see lots of other fans there, too. LOL

th_people07.jpg

If it is wrong, then I will see you in Hell!! (Did the same thing.)

And I bet we'll see lots of other fans there, too. LOL

I have pictures of Clay by my bedside and I say goodnight to him every night before I go to sleep!! Save room for me in the "See you in Hell" car!! :cryingwlaughter:

Yup!! I think that car will be pretty full.

But, what a ride!!! Funny, I don't like rollercoasters at all. But, this whole Clay thing sure has been one rollercoaster ride for me. One minute I am on Cloud 9 and the next thing I know I am crying my eyes out!!!

That picture was posted right when I was crying my eyes out and now I am okay, so thanks!!

...had never made any secret of his ambition to start a family, a desire that was urgent and at times almost visceral. It was as if by becoming a father himself he could expunge the heartache of his childhood, especially his problematic relationship with his own father. Of course, when he did become a dad, he was going to be, like everything else he tackled, the best dad in history. For a man who liked having his family around him, fatherhood would be a kind of solace and completion.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? It's a paragraph from the biography of Tom Cruise that I'm reading. :)

Good afternoon. Not so much chat today.

I, too, love that picture. Someone sent me an 8x10 of it. Looong lanky body! Great smile.

Had to have pest control come in and spray for ants today. There are drawbacks to living in the middle of a forest. My poor furbabies have been locked in a bedroom for 5 hours!!!! It's warm here so the stuff dried quickly so I've let them out. Benjie goes around the house growling because we had an "intruder" in all the rooms. I think that cat is a wannabe dog!

Muski - love that quote about Tom Cruise. That's pretty much what I've always felt was in Clay's head....but, IIT, I still have a problem with long-distance parenting. I just can't imagine Clay making visits and then leaving on an airplane to go back to Raleigh or something. Time will tell on both accounts.

Is there still room in that car to hell? You could strap me on the top in a rocking chair or something....... :hangin:

Nothing like attending a commencement ceremony for pre K and K classes heee. I love the school my neice attends... they sang songs in english, spanish, mandarin and sign language. And then in the video who do I think of but one pasty white boyfriend because one of the slideshow songs was the Golden Girls theme...sang by a man...so did they steal it from him or did they use a known song for a tv show.

The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.

canfly - sorry the embedding doesn't work here on the board, but I watched that, and it was a lotta fun!!

BTW - if what you'd like would be a page of embedded youtubes, we should talk!

Here's another link to it!!

You should be able to set it up to work. I know that you can do it at RHT and it's Invision and we can do it on our small Invision Free board. It's one of the things admins can change/set up on the admin control panel.

It ocurred to me earlier, that I would love to see Clay do that Classics routine again. Now. The way he looks now.

I think I would be dead!! Also after all that dance training, we'd all be dead!!

Me too. We should suggest that he start a suggestion box.

:Thud:

I'm shallow. I just come for the pictures. :hubbahubba:

That's a better reason than most. :thumbup:

FWIW...following in canfly's footsteps I posted some emotes too.
Emotes good. Acronyms I've never heard of...not so much.

BANNER CHANGE!!!

Thanks to Cha cha trusty for our very classy banner...

Verra, verra nice! :thumbup:

Right now, over at AOL Top 11 Videos --

Ashes is #3

Everything I Don't Need is #7

http://music.aol.com/top11

#1 is seriously close ...... even if it's not OMWH.

Dat's kewl. :nana:

....Ken Lee...Ken Lee anymoreeeeeeeee
Ib libbinib widow yu

(no idea what the vid had fur wurds cuz them u toobs r outlawed at school, so I just keeps da song goin' as best I kin)

:thumbup:

The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.

So true! And I think we could use part of that for the next thread title poll... maybe "you never know when he will just pop into your mind"? :lilredani:

I'm tired today. *yawn* All that virtual partying last night wore me out! Or maybe it was the dang thunderstorms that moved thru from about 12:30-2:00 AM!! :grrrr: Is it time to go home yet?

I love the school my neice attends... they sang songs in english, spanish, mandarin and sign language. And then in the video who do I think of but one pasty white boyfriend because one of the slideshow songs was the Golden Girls theme...sang by a man...so did they steal it from him or did they use a known song for a tv show.

I was pretty sure I knew the answer to this, but I researched just to make sure. The song was originally recorded by Andrew Gold. He also sang the song "Lonely Boy". Just learned something else new- his mother was Marni Nixon, whose voice was dubbed into many Hollywood musicals for the non-singing actresses.

...had never made any secret of his ambition to start a family, a desire that was urgent and at times almost visceral. It was as if by becoming a father himself he could expunge the heartache of his childhood, especially his problematic relationship with his own father. Of course, when he did become a dad, he was going to be, like everything else he tackled, the best dad in history. For a man who liked having his family around him, fatherhood would be a kind of solace and completion.

Sounds familiar, doesn't it? It's a paragraph from the biography of Tom Cruise that I'm reading. :)

See, here is where we are going to disagree some more. I am not sure Clay had this tortured youth. I think it is quite a jump from Clay saying he wanted to be a father some day, as most guys would probably do and assuming it is visceral. I would even question his unauthorized biographer about Tom.

here's the thing - I don't even buy the tortured youth thing because life is as we live it. I know many people who have survived horrific childhoods (in my mind) and seem quite normal. i don't amature psychoanalyze them, so there may be some issues, but nothing glaring. i have a friend who had a mother who tortured her and a father who stood by. I know another one who lived with a seriously ill mother she had to take care of from the age of 10, struggling on welfare while her father was very well off and had nothing to do with her. When her mother died, she married the first guy she could at 16 because otherwise she would become a ward of the state, now she has some issues, but raised a fine family and functions just fine. Where I know others who had idyllic childhoods and are very, very strange. I think it is a combination of random guidance and inspiration and genes.

As far as being desperate to have a child? I don't think so, I am sure he had the desire, but I don't think it was so strong he would go headlong into things. I still think this information was not supposed to be revealed, at leas not in the next 5 years.

Now to the article about UCLA medical and the show, which I saw yesterday, it seems that this was going on for a while and I don't see why it took so long to stop. you would think people would use cover names.... like they do illegally on prescriptions....as Clay talked about on Leno. I think that not only shouldthe person who stole the information, but also the person who used it for profit - i.e. TMZ et al. really, our laws should be fair I know newspapers got into trouble when they printed leaks from the government that were not planted leaks.

Darn spell checker, I have to take it off automatic. makes weird words.

Now to the article about UCLA medical and the show, which I saw yesterday, it seems that this was going on for a while and I don't see why it took so long to stop. you would think people would use cover names.... like they do illegally on prescriptions....as Clay talked about on Leno. I think that not only shouldthe person who stole the information, but also the person who used it for profit - i.e. TMZ et al. really, our laws should be fair I know newspapers got into trouble when they printed leaks from the government that were not planted leaks.

Huh?

I must have missed something, play.

What show?

annabear, I luv you avi. He is just so dang cute! :wub: :wub:

jmh, I don't know you, but everyone is sending congrats your way, so let me join in....

CONGRATS on your new mod duties!!!

Much quieter here today, but still a little livlier than a few other boards I frequent.