#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

OMG look what First Class Air travel looks like these days!!

(The song is a David Foster/Katherine McPhee production!!! Boy, Baby Aiken is gonna have some awesome genes!!!)

p.s. lol I DON"T spend my life on YouTube - at least not ALL of it - I have others equally addicted, helping me find the gems!!)

That brings up something I've thought about from time to time.............why hasn't Clay ever done a commercial or an ad! I know he said at one time (and I"ll paraphrase) that he wouldn't sponsor anything he didn't like or something like that. I know we all were fantasizing about him doing a milk commercial - it would have been perfect. Little line of white above the lip covering up 2 of my favorite freckles! But seriously......

"Evidently all that partying at FCA this week has worn everyone out.

Guess I'll take a nap, too..."

sleeping_clay.jpg

sleeping_clay.jpg

Awww...I remember that!

Hey...how about this one, biggie sized? Click twice for full effect. :)

th_20080506-037-OMWHVirginCDSigning.jpg

sleeping_clay.jpg

Awww...I remember that!

Hey...how about this one, biggie sized? Click twice for full effect. :)

th_20080506-037-OMWHVirginCDSigning.jpg

Okay! How many of you "supersized" this last picture and then tried to count the chest hairs?? :Thud::Thud: :Thud

ldyjocelyn said

djs, I'm guessing that's a computer programming language?

But that reminds me of the old PRoC days -- I almost always spelled it out when I said it, and was confused as hell when someone called it "PROK." ????

claytonic -- PROC = People's Republic of Clay, the precursor to the Clack House (thanks to TWOP, Television Without Pity)...Hee.

TACL (the Tandem Advanced Command Language) is the scripting programming language used in Tandem Computers. I kinda hate it, but I know how to change TACL stuff that is already written, writing it from scratch is not one of my real skills.

I always was confused when some said "twop" for TWOP, I always think of it as 2P. Is twop one syllable? Does twop rhyme with crop?

I always call it 2P as well. It's written TwoP, which looks like Two-P to me. Others I've heard say "two-wop" or something like that.

ahem..but of course it's PROK.

Ah yes!! The meeting of destiny between couchie and myself at the AI Sacramento pre-party was nearly derailed when she asked me "Are you PROK?" I thought maybe that was a person's name (I have a con.nec.tion with Clay who thought Monty Python was a person).

I had always pronounced it to myself as Pro-Cee. All of these people online sitting at home in front of their computers just assumed everyone else was pronouncing the acronym the same way. When we actually started meeting each other at concerts and pre-parties, we discovered this was not so. In fact, we had a survey/poll about it to find out which pronunciation was favored by other CHers. I'm pretty sure PROK won, which was sure a surprise to me!! :cryingwlaughter:

Pro-Cee is also what I've always called it, but I believe PROK is the more common pronounciation.

It's too late for me though, my versions are more familiar to me, and if I do talk about either off the boards, people usually know what I'm talking about, and if they don't, I'll pronounce the name a different way. I wouldn't have known what either one of those was back then. I was still in my idolforum/CB/TTC phase back then.

I see everyone is really into deep conversation tonight. :cryingwlaughter:

Okay! How many of you "supersized" this last picture and then tried to count the chest hairs?? :Thud::Thud: :Thud

Ok, I tried to count but I couldn't decide when one began and one ended. That is, hands down, the thudiest picture ever of Clay. I know msn is the devil but I love him described as dreamy. He certainly is. :P

And I forgot who said it earlier, but I thought they may have frozen his sperm in case it did not take the first time and he was unavailable to make a "deposit." Especially with his packed schedule with Spamalot and what not.

I love how Clay says "what not."

muskifest

ETA: Oooh, Lotus! Do I see another lover of the pokey chest hairs?

Just Clay's pokey chest hairs. Never been a fan of the hairy man look but there is something about seeing that little glimpse of Clay's pokey chest hairs that elicits a visceral response in me. It is said that the mere glimpse of a woman's ankle during Victorian times was enough to arouse men.

Those of you who have a DH or DL do you react the same way or is this just a result of my being without a man?

One of my stage door pictures has the chest hair and bare neck and shoulders - just plain and simple erotic. :hubbahubba: And yes, I have a DH. Otherwise known as Random Cute Guy. I hear his name came up again recently. :cryingwlaughter:

That's one of the few pictures I've downloaded in quite awhile. Grrrrrrrr.

Just a word here...a friend asked me if I believed the "Clay story"...I gave the usual story about the 'source'. My friend said, "But PEOPLE usually does its homework, you know? They had a big story about it." She said, "What if it IS true?" I told her that if it is, my only regret is that Clay and Jaymes had to to have their story revealed the way it was. I told her about the newest 'twist' re: multiple frozen Claybabies waiting in line. She just said, "Well...hell. If you're gonna do it, you might as well do it, you know?"

heh.

You know, So You Think You Can Dance is much more entertaining that AI. Nigel, however, is one politically incorrect dude. Just tonight he's said two things that were, in my opinion, totally out of line. One was something about how one male dancer was too 'upright'. He said he looked like "he had a broom stuck up where the sun don't shine." Even that cackling Mary with the horrendous laugh was looking at him in shock.

Hee - I won $2.00 tonite at poker. Think I'm ready for the tour! For sure!

I taped SYTYCD and am going to watch it in a minute. Mary's cackling laugh and her "hot tamale train" gives me the urfies. But I do like Nigel and I LOVE Mia Michaels (I think that's her name)

I was showing my poker ladies around the house and they happened to notice my bulletin board in the office with just a few pictures of Clay. They did not see the huge K-Mart poster behind the door.... One of them said "did you see where Clay Aiken is having a baby with a 50 year old woman?" I told her it was tabloid crap at this point - had not been confirmed by either Clay or the woman in question. She said "he's so cute - what does he need to do that with an old lady for!" (keep in mind this woman is over 60....as were most of the rest of them here tonite!) It gave me a chuckle. No mention of how, why, etc. I loved it actually.

Okay - off to watch SYTYCD.

Good night all.

Starts knitting little stripey frozen egg cozies....

Well, at the moment I'm working on an afghan...but I have another crochet hook on stand-by just in case. ^_^

That Dreamy Dad picture...HOL.LEE CRAP! Why do I always see these pictures right before I go to bed? Sweet dreams baby...wow. :hubbahubba:

Off to work on the afghan a little bit before bed... :countingsheep:

Looks like it's been slow in here tonight - a SLO-O-O-O-O-OW day.

That's OK - we've had plenty of page-producing days to make up for it!

---

Finished my Dylan Book. Now I am doing research on all the people he mentions in it.

It is a very fascinating book!

Oh, one thing KAndre mentioned was that she liked the Dylan song with all the flash cards - well here it is on YouTube - Subterranean Homesick Blues .

It's from the documentary "Don't Look Back." There is also a version of that video done by the cast of "I'm Not There" as a promo, and it's on youtube, too...

I also wanted to mention that while I was looking up Dylan Music on itunes, that I found they have put together a collection of covers of his songs.

I don't know how to make a link to itunes, so you have to go to the itunes store and search for Bob Dylan and then you should be able to see the covers collection if you are interested!

Another thing I discovered was that Dylan's son Jakob Dylan just released his first solo album this week!

I didn't know all this, but he has been in a group called the Wallflowers for about the past 10 years. I listened to some of his stuff from his new album and it's pretty good!

He can sing better than his dad. :) It's called "Seeing Things." (He's better looking too!)

I also learned that although Dylan was born Robert Zimmerman, he legally changed his name to Bob Dylan sometime along the way.

And did you know he recently was awarded a special Pulitzer Citation for his "profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power."

How about them apples!?

I know all this is OT but I couldn't help myself! It's been slow in Clayland, and my interest was fired up by the viewing of "I'm Not There" 2 or 3 weeks ago, when it came out on DVD.

---

And because it's NOT all about dressin' up and dancin' here at the FCA! (That's your cue to tuck your chin and say, "Good." [tm Robin])

---

And I agree about that comment by Nigel tonight, it almost made me gasp! :naughtywag:

---

So how about that Clay Aiken???

clay1.jpg

---

Back to OMWH - and on to the Traveling Wilburys!!

Given the page-producing topic of conversation, Dylan songs such as "It Ain't Me, Babe" (IINT) or "Lay, Lady, Lay" (IIT) seem oddly appropriate.

FCA CiSNO who tulibu dibu douchou thinking WTF re. a-IVF by JFnoL & CA... :huh:

So does this, it actually makes sense!

Just a heads up for those interested in montages........our latest series has been vaulted. Here is a link to Clack Unlimited:

Best of Kalamazoo CITH

I should have them up at our own website by this evening as well.

Speaking of Christmas..........how are those 'best of CITH' recommendations coming along? :cryingwlaughter:*runs away*

I have read the reports about OMWH being restocked or whatever, so I looked for it in the endcap at Walmart yesterday - and since I know that Clay and his people are prolly hanging on to every word I type, I have the following advice:

Re-issue the CD with a lighter, brighter background. It does not really stand out to the casual buyer. I think the fans, and all the people who care deeply about the studio musicians, have already deliberately sought the CD out. It is kinda blending in with all the other dark-background CD covers. Maybe go back to the light blue, and put another bonus song on it or something.

You're welcome.

For some reason, Jaymes' age seems such a non-issue to me. I could see it mattering to people if it was a matter of re-population after an apocalyptic event, or something, kinda, but that's about it. I know, I know, celebrity life seems to be fair game and all that, I just think it sort of dismissive of feelings and the people involved, like they are some misbehaving escapees from a breeding program.

Hee - I won $2.00 tonite at poker. Think I'm ready for the tour! For sure!

I taped SYTYCD and am going to watch it in a minute. Mary's cackling laugh and her "hot tamale train" gives me the urfies. But I do like Nigel and I LOVE Mia Michaels (I think that's her name)

I was showing my poker ladies around the house and they happened to notice my bulletin board in the office with just a few pictures of Clay. They did not see the huge K-Mart poster behind the door.... One of them said "did you see where Clay Aiken is having a baby with a 50 year old woman?" I told her it was tabloid crap at this point - had not been confirmed by either Clay or the woman in question. She said "he's so cute - what does he need to do that with an old lady for!" (keep in mind this woman is over 60....as were most of the rest of them here tonite!) It gave me a chuckle. No mention of how, why, etc. I loved it actually.

Okay - off to watch SYTYCD.

Good night all.

My brand new daughter-in-law told me yesterday that Clay is having a son with his much older girlfriend !!! She said that they live together in LA and added " Good for them ! ".... I told her that nothing has been said by Clay or Jaymes' camp so I am not sure any of it is true... She said "Oh yes,it must be, it is everywhere !!!" :lilredani::lilredani:

So, there you have it !!! People believe what they want to believe !!

I love how Clay says "what not."

me too!!!

Me three.

Me four.

FCA CiSNO who tulibu dibu douchou thinking WTF re. a-IVF by JFnoL & CA... :huh:

So does this, it actually makes sense!

:cryingwlaughter: