#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Sometimes, I think people mean he hasn't progressed as the artist they want him to be. So that means he hasn't define himself as an artist in their eyes.

A bit off topic, but people are really thinking about Clay this morning and I was, too.

OMGoodness. I've been watching "Because You Loved Me" from thr Cary show. It made me cry like a baby. I think everyone should go back and watch that. It puts all this stuff in perspective. Clay's been through a lot. I want to stay by his side the rest of the way.

I luv Clay and I'm proud of all he's done. He is somewhat anti-establishment, but, IMO, is an excellent man of character and compassion.

Perma - I love the look on Wagatha's face!!!! Very cute dogs.

My animals have always been rescue animals. And I've always believed it was fate that led me to them!!! When I picked Benjie up in the little glass cubicle where he was living with 9 other cats he literally crawled up my chest, cuddled up and put his face into my neck and started purring! I said "you're going home little guy!" Fate. I try to remember that when he's running wind sprints around the house and up and over the furniture and my bed at 04:00 a.m. :cryingwlaughter:

Hi Cindilu2.... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

OMG - I loved it when he sang Because You Loved Me................

And Clay is fine. He's just fine. He's a strong, centered, balanced guy. He can handle it.

I personally do not see Clay as suffering, miserable, needy or unhappy. I think he has great spiritual strength. I think he has his priorities straight, and I think he has a great attitude about what is important in this life and this world. He has the love of family and friends, and a satisfying, fulfilling life. I think he's far better at handling the negative aspects of his life and career than many of us are at accepting these things. This is in no way intended to criticize. I just felt the need to say it.

17.gif:clap:

I think Clay has progressed just fine. In fact, I'd say he's very fine! For me, part of the excitment and joy is seeing and hearing what he does next. The wheels in his mind always seem to be turning over something new. I'm willing to hang out, enjoy what we've got so far - which is more than I could ever have imagined 5 years ago! - and be surprised once again. Isn't there a lyric that goes "the best hasn't happened yet..."? :whistling-1:

I love OMWH! To me, this is a "classic Clay Aiken song" and I mean that in the BEST way possible. I think I might have over-played it a bit while waiting for the album (hee!), but am now able to really listen & enjoy it again. I can relate to the "Standing still can make a lifetime disappear" line... Need to remember that... But I think this song really represents Clay's journey:

I’ve seen the best

I’ve seen the worst

I wouldn’t change what I’ve been through

I’ve touched the sky

I’ve hit the wall

But I did what I had to

On my way here

Where I am now

I’ve learned to fly

I have to want to leave the ground

I’ve fallen hard

But I’ve been loved

And in the end it all works out

My faith has conquered fear

On my way here

Yep. I'm not running away, but rather to, to wherever the next there might be! :flirtysmile3:

I have been slowly weaning myself from the boards for quite a while now, because I realized (finally) that the only behaviour I can (or should want to) change is my own. I do scan thread titles for news, but I know I can't discuss Clay in the same way that most can. And it's just not in my nature to ignore, so that doesn't leave a whole lot of in between for me.

Loved your post :F_05BL17blowkiss: Message board life can be exasperating and can drive you crazy because of all the strong personalities. But when it works it's so much fun and can bring a lot of laughter. I know for all of us it takes a little work, understanding, but I think the reward is worth it.

I hope you stick around Cinidlu.

The reason I'm here is because I know myself. I was weaned on the passive agressive style of TWoP and when I found myself posting that way on a Clay fan board I knew it was time to go. I was just part of the problem that was making life difficult for those in the middle. These days it's just more about this being my home now and enjoying it so much that I don't want to be anywhere else. Thank god we didn't shut the board down when it was just bottle and a few others keeping it alive = 6 months for thread #1 heee.

Wanted to make a correction to one of the thread title choices:

FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.

The term is actually "anarcho-cynicalist" -- and it's one of those things I know for no good reason. :cryingwlaughter:

From the script of Spamalot (which someone posted at another board way back):

We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune, we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

I agree that some fans are not happy that he will not change to be the singer that they want. I am happy with him and his choices. That voice is beautiful, and I do not need to hear him sing rock songs with a much of screaming, that will not do his voice justice. I like the deversity of this album. The uptemp songs fit just right, and he can sing them well. I can not wait to hear them live, even if this is not to next spring I will be there. Sure I would like a Fall concert but it might not happen and I will survive just listen to what we were gifted with.

After careful reconsideration and reading the definition again -- I agree that it's probably anarcho-syndicalist. But, I think that George Carlin was definitely an anarcho-cynicalist is the classic sense. One more thing about George, I get a warm feeling when avowed atheists pass on -- I know they're getting a big thrill and a huge surprise. And no, I don't buy into the inferno theory, unless someone insists on experiencing that!

Miss Couch Tomato .... did you model for this album cover? Tell the truth now ....

B0000631ED_01_LZZZZZZZ.jpg

To close, and in the spirit of reconciliation always being available ....

0602_paul_yoko_getty.jpg