#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Wheeee!! First page!!!!

:wein:cheez_less.jpg

It's all good...wine and cheeze doodles with less fat...

I hesitate to expose my lack, but I have never even seen cheese doodles, much less tasted them. We don't have them there stuff out here on the left coast, at least the southern part.

Me either. No cheeze doodles in my part of Ontario. :shrug:

By the look of the picture, they look just like cheezies though.

I prefer Cheetos myself...but seeing you guys seem to be all about the cheese doodles (AKA cheezies), I broughtcha a whole bathtub full!!!!

cheeziesbath.jpg

Just catching up on the last thread. (not used to this "locking mechanism" and had the post sitting quoted but missed copied the top part, so hadda improvise.

Crossing fingers that this works...

by muski (who else?)

merrieeee @ Jun 10 2008, 04:36 PM)

Topic: Clay probably dances the hokey pokey in his pj's. Isn't that a nice thought?

That's what it's all about!

I think we've got it! The perfect dance for Clay Aiken!

The Hokey Pokey in PJ's!

Hokey? You betcha! Could there BE a 'hokey-er" guy than Mr. Aiken?

Pokey?

Uh....

Waldo3test-1.jpg

I rest my case.

:naughtywag:

:yess:

I prefer Cheetos myself...but seeing you guys seem to be all about the cheese doodles (AKA cheezies), I broughtcha a whole bathtub full!!!!

cheeziesbath.jpg

these are definitely my orange snack of choice..thanks canfly! And I'm loving Cha Cha's bar!!

cheeziesbath.jpg

these are definitely my orange snack of choice..thanks canfly! And I'm loving Cha Cha's bar!!

Do you think those are real cheez doodles?? Or orange-colored packing peanuts!?!?!?!? :cryingwlaughter:

So whatcha havin' couchie??

my favorite drinks are long beach ice teas, apple martinis or just a plain old rum and coke...or straight tequila. Any will do.

Have I said lately how much I love OMWH...the album. I've been listening to it a lot lately and The Real Me remains my favorite. But I love or like almost everything on it.

What would happen if I posted and selected "pin this topic"? Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? :cryingwlaughter:

I love this album too couchie. I was just listening to the Prayer from Broadway Cares and thinking, WOW. Trying to keep my eyes closed and just listen to those two voices.

Tasapio really did take wonderful pictures. Whatever happened to her? Is she still around?

I love all the pretties being posted...makes me all schmoopie for our bf.

She is still around but RL has taken over. She saw one of the DCAT shows, the one in her hometown. I miss her so! *sighs*

We spent most of the summer of '05 together -- Darien Lake to Borgatta.

eyelashes-1.jpg

Something to dream about for all you early-to-beds!!!

Scarlettttttt.......one E, darlin! - one E.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Oh! I'm very sorry, Isem dear! :giveflowers:

I promise to remember next time. *have I earned a spanking yet? anything but the lines, please!!!*

I completely ::heart:: your pictures!

ETA: I'm still here, Gibby! Thanks for the drinks!!!

Thanks Scarlett...I hadn't seen her name around for awhile. I loved browsing her blog at the OFC and drooling over her pictures. That song made me a bit teary-eyed. I've had some very memorable summers too.

FWIW, I don't think we have Cheez Doodles in my neck of the woods..Cheetos for me, and they have to be the crunchy kind...none of that melt in your mouth crap for me...it's like eating styrofoam. :lol:

Iseeme, thanks for another pretty picture. I just want to nibble on that neck.... :hubbahubba:

I love Clay too...I hope he's ok.

What would happen if I posted and selected "pin this topic"? Would that be a good thing or a bad thing? :cryingwlaughter:

What, didn't you read the mod manual? Pinning the topic is fine.

I love this album too couchie. I was just listening to the Prayer from Broadway Cares and thinking, WOW. Trying to keep my eyes closed and just listen to those two voices.

Favorite duet evah. I feel so blessed to have seen it live. And getting the DVD it's as good as I remember. You know that Aiken fog... sometimes you never know. heee. Their voices just meshed so beautifully. Sigh. I still have a serious girl crush on Hannah. Wonder if she'd like to join our little commune.

"Ladies Who Lunch" - that's pretty cool! I'd never heard of it, but it was a really good song!! I guess Elaine Stritch did it on Broadway in the original cast of "Company"? I couldn't help but click on the Carol Burnett version that came up after I watched the one that was posted by jazzgirl. Carol has always been a favorite of mine!!

Thanks jazzgirl! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I loved Carol's version too; as someone commented, she made it her own. As a matter of interest, Carol Burnett is married to a man 23 years younger than she:

http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/lists/coup...fferences2.html

Favorite duet evah. I feel so blessed to have seen it live. And getting the DVD it's as good as I remember. You know that Aiken fog... sometimes you never know. heee. Their voices just meshed so beautifully. Sigh. I still have a serious girl crush on Hannah. Wonder if she'd like to join our little commune.

Wow to have heard that live, couchie. What kind of a commune is FCA, or has this been discussed? Anarco-sydicalist, as indicated below? Maybe at least in terms of selecting thread titles *g*, where a majority does rule for internal affairs.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071853/quotes

Please, please, good people, I am in haste. Who lives in that castle?

Woman: No one lives there.

King Arthur: Then who is your lord?

Woman: We don't have a lord.

Dennis: I told you, we're an anarco-sydicalist commune. We take it in turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week...

King Arthur: Yes...

Dennis: ...but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting...

King Arthur: Yes I see...

Dennis: ...by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs...

King Arthur: Be quiet!

Dennis: ...but by a two thirds majority in the case of...

King Arthur: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

What, didn't you read the mod manual? Pinning the topic is fine.

I'm so jealous! Seriously, I can listen to that over and over and over. It's so beautiful. Lovely words too. And who co-wrote/produced the original? David Foster, who also wrote My Grown-up Christmas list and Without You, the duet with Kim Locke.

What manual? Eeeep.

Here goes.... Nothing happened. No pinning of the topic. At least I didn't break anything. Whew.

my favorite drinks are long beach ice teas, apple martinis or just a plain old rum and coke...or straight tequila. Any will do.

Have I said lately how much I love OMWH...the album. I've been listening to it a lot lately and The Real Me remains my favorite. But I love or like almost everything on it.

Speaking of the album, did I see a post on here about having a discussion on each song one by one? I'd be interested if you do and would it be on the main thread?

As many times as I've played the album, I still don't recognize what is playing sometimes and feel caught off guard with having a visceral reaction and then being really surprised at what song it is. Sacrificial Love is one that catches me by surprise.

Lordy!! Look at the time!!!

One more pretty before I go....

this needs to be posted again. . . . . . . . .. and . . . . . . .. . . . this post replied to............ :)

GMAfunnyface.jpg

Remember the first time we heard Suspicious Minds????? :Thud:

my gawd --- I loved it!! It was go-o-o-o-o-o-o-od!!!

I wish we had a summer tour to look forward to!! I am starting to get WANDERLUST and I'd love to hear Clay sing some

!!!!

Hello all you chattymcchattys!

What a ride this catch up has been, the highs, the lows, the snark, the HYSTERIA!!!, the sweeping generalisations, the pretties, the smut, the begining of a polygamous cult???........ :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I think I might need me a little drink....a sweet apple cider.....sweet and innocent looking but tends to creep up on you.........

I think this is one of my favorite thread titles... let's talk slow!

Heh, doesn't seem to be happening lately! But I love it when the thread title I vote for wins. :clap:

I'm thinking Ashes.

Stage is dark.

All goes quiet in anticipation.

Opening licks and percussion.

The the voice . . .

"Someone told me . . ."

Still no Clay. Just the band silhouetted black against a yellow orange backdrop.

Then on the words, "up in flames" the backdrop becomes a huge fire, flames licking the top of the scrim and Clay's silhoutte appears in front of the flames.

On "rise up from the ashes", he rises from the the floor of a raised platform high above the band in full red and orange spotlights with flame-like lighting effects flitting over him.

On "send it up in flames, let it light the sky" the whole stage lights up and we go ka-razy@!!!

Hey, think the tour could subcontract Tim the Enchanter to do the pyro? :onFire: "B'low me!"

Hee, this scenario made me laugh. Especially because I apparently was having a mind meld with you yesterday, as I was driving home from work, listening to the CD, and Ashes came on. Well, ok, my opening song scenario didn't have the flames involved. But he was singing it as the opening song! :cryingwlaughter:

I'm so jealous! Seriously, I can listen to that over and over and over. It's so beautiful. Lovely words too. And who co-wrote/produced the original? David Foster, who also wrote My Grown-up Christmas list and Without You, the duet with Kim Locke.

I knew DF wrote MGUCL but I had no idea he'd also written the WY duet. Cool! I also love the Broadway Cares rendition of The Prayer. I love most of Clay's duets. I heard the Heather Headley one on my iPod yesterday. I love when little gems like that come up on random. One of my favourite duets is the Fool one with Cherie. And I think I may be the only one in the fandom who used to look forward to Clay & Kelly doing Open Arms together. I love Open Arms. I love the demo of it, I love the AI2 version of it, I just love when Clay sings it.

Last night I sat at my son's baseball game, under the lights, with my iPod in one ear, and the other ear on the team and the umps and all the goings on on the field. Gorgeous, clear night, the humidity has left us but it is still comfortably warm here. I was sitting behind the screen at home plate, it was really nice and peaceful..........until my son came up to bat and got whomped in the head by a pitch. Yikes. They throw fast in this competitive league, like sometimes 80-85 mph. Thank God for helmets is about all I can say. It was scary but he recovered in a few minutes and was able to take his base, and then steal second. So all is well. Just a little ringing in his ears when he got home. :blink:

Back to the hellhole (work) today. Head down, iPod on, I can do this. :cocktail:

Good Morning All,

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to liney23...someone thought something I said was funny!

Jazzgirl Sorry I missed you last night; seems 10:00 comes around and I can't even keep my eyes open...you guys have to start partying earlier!

Oh and forget the cheez-doodles; it's got to be cheez-its or nothing!

As always, I love Clay to death!

Kim

"I think it can. I think it can." OMWH is chugging along - good news from Mediabase this morning:

#27 :clap:

101 spins :clap:

Up 13 spins from this time last week :clap:

Now, if the stoopid AC stations in the Philadelphia area would give it a spin, my day would be complete.

Any luck with WJBR, claygasm? None here. I am trying a new strategy today. After I completed this week's survey I emailed the Program Director whose name is on the email reminder to ask if they had any plans to add OMWH. I'll let you know if I get a response. The DJ I emailed 2 weeks ago never responded. If there's a request line, I can't find it.

I wish I could share in The Prayer love, but I have never heard a Clay duet that I've enjoyed. I keep wanting to tell the other vocalist to Shhhhh! Duets are just not my thing, though. I like an exchange between 2 vocalists, but once the voices come together, especially if they are both powerful, it starts to sound like a duel to me. I'm just not into power vocals.

LOVE the thread title!

Janice Mbui

June 10, 2008

Obsession with celebrities has gotten out of control, and shows like Celebrity fit club and dancing with the Stars reveal how truly absurd this phenomenon has become. Who would you rather be stranded on an island with, Clay Aiken or Marilyn Manson? Obsession with celebrities makes us dumber as a society. In line at the store all you see is Star and People Magazine promoting celebrities.

SOURCE: http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/64646

What kind of dumb-ass question is that? :blink::angry::huh:^_^:rolleyes:

We did talk about doing a song of the day thing--even started it once, and there was talk of trying again.

That's LdyJ's cue!

You rang? How about today? We kinda already did the first two songs alphabetically (As Long as We're Here, and Ashes), so we'll come back to...

Everything I Don't Need

I was thinking we'll actually make this "song of the every other day or so" just so people can listen, get their thoughts together, etc., without a major time crunch. *g*

jmh, pinning a topic is good.

"I think it can. I think it can." OMWH is chugging along - good news from Mediabase this morning:

#27 :clap:

101 spins :clap:

Up 13 spins from this time last week :clap:

WOOHOO!!!! Love this!

I think it can, I think it can, I think it can...

Janice Mbui

June 10, 2008

Obsession with celebrities has gotten out of control, and shows like Celebrity fit club and dancing with the Stars reveal how truly absurd this phenomenon has become. Who would you rather be stranded on an island with, Clay Aiken or Marilyn Manson? Obsession with celebrities makes us dumber as a society. In line at the store all you see is Star and People Magazine promoting celebrities.

SOURCE: http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/64646

What kind of dumb-ass question is that? :blink::angry::huh:^_^:rolleyes:

If I remember correctly, there was a silly VH1 show that asked that very question -- I think this was in 2004 or 2005? I don't even remember the entire context of the show itself, but I seem to remember that. And I think the point being made by this article (which I read in entirety) is that "why should we care?" As a society, we mostly seem much more interested and focused on celebrities than everything else that's going on in the world. Sad state of affairs, really, but oh so true IMO.

What kind of dumb-ass question is that?

Heeee.....I think that is their point - it is a dumb-ass question.

BUT - it would get hits from Clay lovers and Clay haters, and hits from MM folks.

Plus I think some haters especially love these things if there is a chance to leave nasty comments, which ensures that some fans will leave comments countering the haters, and then fan boards will post a link and wring their little virtual hands over both kinds of comments, and then Google alerts will pick it up.

OMG we better vote or people will think Clay's career is OVER!!!!!! and so on.

In the olden days, all ya had to do was say there was a Clay mention in print, and people would scoop up whatever it was......

And a couple hundred more people will be inspired to buy lip gloss or click on another artist's link or the site might get more money from advertisers who pay based on clicks.

Money.