#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

re: Clay's natural hair color. I'm going with what Clay has said recently. He said in a couple of interviews that the Sir Robin wig was so close to his natural color that when he saw himself in the wig the first time, it was kinda spooky!

Makes sense to me...that color is pretty close to that wiry sideburn hair and the "impudent curly nape hairs" (00lsee :F_05BL17blowkiss: ), donchathink?

I watched that Tony download of Whoopi doing the LOL entrance. Can't believe how nostalgic I got at that quick glimpse of "Sir Lancelot" and "Patsy"! :cry4:

Oh, forgot to tell you

Last night Hubby, Alex and I were all doing our individual thang in the living room when Alex said, "What's this about Clay having a baby with somebody?" IT's the first she's mentioned it and that's only because she'd picked up the old EW issue and was perusing it. For some reason, I sorta panicked and instead of just saying my 'standard' line---from TMZ, no comment yet from either party involved, etc.---my mouth ran like a drippy faucet, going on with all kinds of info I'm sure she had no interest in....In fact, she said at one point, "Yeah, okay...sure...whatever. I still think it sounds....weird."

Then I got into work this morning and found an email from a hotel contact. First part of the text was business, then...she wrote:

"OMG...Saw Clay is having a baby. You excited!"

I can gather my wits to respond to her, at least! :cryingwlaughter:

But what this tells me is that for the 'average' person NOT on the boards or intimate with online surfing, etc., this story is NOT the mainstream talk of the town it is for us. Had EW or People not run with it, I wouldn't have been fielding any questions, I'm sure.

Posted by footloose over at GCA:

from snowluv4 at CV...Clay interview with a Korean site

Dosirak is legal music download site in Korea and each week they publish the webzine(web magazine) which have artist interview every week.

It seems that the interview was done as similar time period as the Singapore magazine interview was taken.Anyway,I translated the interview.As it was translated English->Korean first and I translated the Korean article into English, it is NOT exactly what Clay said. (and sorry in advance for poor translation;-))

Anyway,enjoy!

Here is the link(just click 'No' if pop up asks about installing the program.Ignore!) It talks about his journey before/during/after Idol and interview and then review which was attached to licensed CD here(I will translate them later).I only tranlated the interview part.

http://www.dosirak.com/Webzine/Webzine/Web...er=15&SSO=f

dosirak:

Congratulations on your new album.You must have been busy with working on your album.Tell us what you have been doing recently.

Clay Aiken:

We just finished the musical on Broadway recently and we are now spending our time mainly on promoting the new album with TV appearances and interviews.

dosirak:

Your new album debuted at No.4 at Billboard chart.Congratulations.You must have a special feeling when you have a success with your every album.How do you feel?

Clay Aiken:

Who would not be glad about it? I feel already previledged to be able to keep doing the music and I'm so happy that people keep support me.

dosirak:

When I listen to the lyrics of your single 'On My Way Here', it seems like it is about your story last a few years. What does the song mean to you?

Clay Aiken:

We are educated at school but that is just a small part.We rather learn more from the experience in our lives. There is a saying 'If you give someone a fish,you're just giving him a meal for a day but if you teach him how to fish,you are giving him meals for rest of his life.' Every person you meet and every experience we go through in your life makes you who you are. This song is about learning from experience and becoming a wiser person.

dosirak:

Let's talk more about your album.Is there a favorite song on this album?

Clay Aiken:

I love most of the songs so it's hard to pick, but if I have to choose one, I want to choose 'As long as we're here'. This is the first song that made it for this album. Three years ago when tsunami hit Indonesia, I went there for the Unicef trip,the song was recorded after that. It talks about 'Do not worry about small things and let's just care about important things and people you love as there is limited time for us in the world'.

dosirak:

We heard that before the release of the album, everytime Claymates have parties.Did your fans hold the party this time?And what your fans mean to Clay?

Clay Aiken:

Claymates hold parties to celebrate the album release,not for me.Also,parties are held in various cities so I couldn't go there.I heard that many fans gather and have a great time. Of course,they mean a lot to me.Had it not been fans' support since American Idol,I would have not been here.

dosirak:

You're working as Unicef goodwill ambassador.Is there the most memorable moment as a Unicef ambassador?

Clay Aiken:

There are many.One of them is that when I went to Indonesia, people quickly restored their environments and had postivie attitudes despite dire situation.It was really touching.They are strong and brave people.It gave me an opportunity to reflect myself.I thought how blessed we are for being able to live day by day safely.

Also,the most impressive one is when I visited Afganistan.It was shocking to see people living without all the energy facilities for a long time and above all I felt really sad when I saw children suffering.However,they showed the power not to give up despite their situation.

dosirak:

Along with Unicef,you also established the Bubel/Aiken Foundation.What is your plan for the foundation this year?

Clay Aiken:

We try to make programs for children with disabilities to get along with children without disabilities so that they can experience the childhood that children without disabilities go through. This year,we plan to start summer camps and prepare a fund for future summer camps.

dosirak:What do you think of 2008 American Idol? Is there a contestant that can be as successful as you are?

Clay Aiken:

Unfortunately,I haven't watched American Idol for three years,so I don't know anything about contestants.

dosirak:

I guess you will tour after the album release,is there a plan?Plus,is there any plan to visit Korea.

Clay Aiken:

Personally,Korea is the country which I really want to visit.However,right now,there is no plan for the tour.We don't have a plan even for the US.I think that if I promote the album now,people will get interested and then other countries will get interested in me.So right now we try to concentrate on promoting the album.

dosirak:

Last request,please say hi to your fans in Korea

Clay Aiken:

It's always amazing and thankful that people listen to my song far away in Korea.Thank you so much to fans for likiing the music I like and

for continuing to support me since American Idol. But it's only a small part of me that was shown on American Idol. I want to show other parts of me more when I visit Korea.Until then,please keep listening to my music.Oh! Please spread words about me!

somehow the translation of the last part sounds smutty :lol:

I just think about how I respond to celebrity news. It's in one ear and out the other. It's just not important to my life in the scheme of things. I think most folks take any Clay news like that except those that love him and those that know those that love him or those that can't stand him. This story is definitely out there and being heard..but it's just another peice of useless info to most people.

Now, Muski, why did you run off at the mouth with your daughter. Do you think she may always be ambivalent (being nice here hee) because he's your guy? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Geesh..I just unsubscribed to telecharge and broadway.com...sick of the junk mail.

At the BCA/EB, I thought the Grease Leads responded with a bit of anger and the jokes that night about reality show contestants were aimed at them and them alone. It seems that show is not that good but still is selling better than other shows, so there is a lot of resentment, at least for these two. Now some people carry it to all stunt casting.

Posted by footloose over at GCA:

from snowluv4 at CV...Clay interview with a Korean site

Clay Aiken:

I want to show other parts of me more when I visit Korea.Until then,please keep listening to my music.Oh! Please spread words about me

:cryingwlaughter: Oh believe me, Clay, we want that toooooooooo!!!!

Shesh, it is hard t post with internet going in and out. Well, the phone person is here, but despite my talking to two people for over an hour this morning, they send a regular repair truck and not hte cherry picker I asked for. So uch for reaching real people and having them listen to what you say, so now we are waiting for the cherry picker.

Sorry for the duplicate

I really believe that there is no one type of family structure that can guarantee a happy childhood. There are dads who live with their children full-time and yet are distant or abusive, and dads who see their children only occasionally and yet make their children feel loved and supported. JMHO, but to me, it's more about the quality of time than quantity, and I think Clay could still be a great father even if he didn't live with his child.

Tiger Woods. I only really started watching golf when he started playing professionally. He's just such an exciting player to watch, and I do find it thrilling to see someone with the potential to make history. Though some may wish he wouldn't win so often, I think he has been good for the game overall.

I just think about how I respond to celebrity news. It's in one ear and out the other. It's just not important to my life in the scheme of things. I think most folks take any Clay news like that except those that love him and those that know those that love him or those that can't stand him. This story is definitely out there and being heard..but it's just another peice of useless info to most people.

Very true. Celebrity news is part of our culture, but I think the average person doesn't really think about it very deeply.

Well, I'm off in a few minutes for an MRI. Hopefully today I will find out exactly what is wrong with my knee. I'm getting very tired of limping around, not being able to walk correctly. Since the initial pain over three weeks ago, it really hasn't hurt that much, but I simply cannot straighten my left leg. Therefore, I'm not walking correctly and my back keeps going out!

Good luck! I had a meniscus with a tiny tear in it, whenever I knelt or whatever, just right, it would get caught on something and I could not get it undone unless I relaxed (v. hard to do) and straightened out my leg just so. If I couldn't get it undone, I started getting muscle spasms and that was so painful I would have cheerfully said to take the leg if that was the only fix.

Eventually, I needed to be put out with a sedative drip so an orthopedic guy could maneuver the meniscus back in place. Once back in place, no pain at all!

Finally, though, it got stuck, I couldn't unstick it, and the guy in the emergency room decided it was just muscle cramps and I was just afraid to straighten it - so he pushed down with all his might, it tore quite a bit more, and I screamed. An MRI showed the tear, and it was fixed surgically, and never bothered me again (I was 48 at the time, this had been happening since I was 7, prolly from some childhood punishment) So anyway, hopefully the MRI shows something that can be fixed!

djs, I'm sooooooo glad I didn't read your post until now...because it makes me wince in pain just reading it! And what that ER guy did to you is exactly what I was afraid was going to happen to me!

Anyway, I'm back from the MRI, and I'm glad I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off. I will NEVER complain about the pain from a mammogram again -- because MRI's suck. Big time. I could not move for 45 minutes -- literally. No scratching any itches. No adjusting your foot because it's cramping. Nothing like that. I did pretty well keeping myself occupied during most of it, by singing OMWH to myself, and also concentrating on just taking deep breaths. But at about the 40 minute mark, my body (leg and back, mostly) were screaming in pain.

So, now I'm eating Arby's. That always makes me feel better.

BTW, I won't know anything until Wednesday afternoon, when I have the appointment with my doctor. *sigh*

I do have to say I'm glad the bleached blonde is gone though.....did not care for the hair much lately. It looked to me like it had been bleached one too many times and was dry and straw-like.

There were some days that I thought it didn't look good at ALL -- the Planet Hollywood appearance, for me, is the classic case. But -- the pictures for the album look fantastic to me.

So, I guess I just shrug a lot, when it comes to his hair.

I keep checking Paula Deen's website but so far no mention of Clay's appearance. I think that's going to be a hoot - especially if she goes all fangirly on him like she does with most of her male guests. She's such a cutie. I really enjoy her show!!!

I do too! I think that will be really fun -- two Southerners just gabbing about stuff, and oh yeah, food. And hopefully, oh yeah -- singing!

I'm sensing that tonight's picture posting theme at FCA will be Clay's hair through the years - get your Photobuckets ready!

Heh. When I managed to keep my blog up, oh so many years ago, I wrote two different posts on it -- about Clay's hair. Scroll down to May 31 and again to June 2. I think I really need an update to this one at some point -- any photoshop people who could add to it, with pictures from the past three years?

faveclayelanaiam.jpg

*Yes, I'm starting the party early!*

And hey -- while we're at it:

SONG OF THE DAY (for the next few days *g*): FALLING

I think this mostly true (it is for me, pretty much). However, I do believe there's some "subconscious" that goes on with this too, which is sad really. It's a constant battle.

I loved watching Tiger roar back yesterday. But I would have been thrilled with Rocco winning yesterday too -- because he truly IS an underdog. I mean, the man is ranked something like 137th! If he pulls this out today, it will be AMAZING.

*waves*

I'm back from the Hinterlands.

The dogs are home again too and now we're all just chillin'. Really glad I took a few extra days. Please don't hate me because I have vacation hours built up. :cocktail:

---

Couchie...my baseball board is pretty sane. It was an offshoot of a blog started by a female fan soooo there are lots of women around which helps *g*

Seriously? Tiger Woods? Don't forget that there are still Country Clubs in America that he couldn't be a member of. Just sayin'...

---

I'm glad that Clay was able to get to NY for Hannah's last show.

His hair? I'm easy. I just hope there were sideburns. :wub:

But what this tells me is that for the 'average' person NOT on the boards or intimate with online surfing, etc., this story is NOT the mainstream talk of the town it is for us. Had EW or People not run with it, I wouldn't have been fielding any questions, I'm sure.

Yeah, I definitely think that the more 'mainstream' publications, especially People, is what put this one out there in a big way. But what I seem to find is that most people who mention it to me have a very positive impression of it....i.e. Clay is having a baby, isn't that great? Nice that that is the aspect that seems to be the most pervasive. Not the AI or the age gap or anything else. Most people don't even seem to know who the mother is. Very few people have mentioned those things to me.

Falling? FLOVE. I think it's probably in my top 5.....I have a hard time ranking them further than that. I have heard some fans say that the lyrics are quite depressing, but I kind of identify with them, and like them. And I love the cool vocal effect thingy (how's that for technical? :cryingwlaughter:) The only 2 songs that my 16 yo asks me to repeat on OMWH are Falling and EIDN. He says they get stuck in his head and he can't get them out. *g*

I loved watching Tiger roar back yesterday. But I would have been thrilled with Rocco winning yesterday too -- because he truly IS an underdog. I mean, the man is ranked something like 137th! If he pulls this out today, it will be AMAZING.

The match today is fabulous. Don't know if I should post, so I'll just spoiler to say with 3 holes to go, Rocco has made a comeback from 2 down to take the lead. ETA: Now two holes to go, both pars.

Falling is really high on my list, especially the opening lines of each verse. "Silence, long lost friend...." Love it!! Love his deep voice. Sigh.

Well, I'm shattered!!

LOL I would have bet London to a brick that his hair BAI (yep, I just made up my own acronym) was 'virgin'! I know so little about Clay!! :cry4:

I am absolutely positive that in an interview, someone asked Clay if he liked the blonde hair and he answered that his mom liked it a lot cause it was closest to his natural color. I think he is a dark strawberry blonde. You could kinda see that when his hair started to grow out, it was just a bit darker than the blonde.

It's strange, cause the wig was a close match to his sideburns... so much so that I wondered if his sideburns were dyed cause I don't remember them being that red in days gone by when he wore them.

Whateveh... :cryingwlaughter:

I just got a response from my hotel contact to my question, "Where did you hear the info re: Clay?"

Her: Heard through “In Touch”. Tee hee.

Me: Ha! Busted! You READ “In Touch?”

Her: Absolutely my fav !!!!!!! How do you think I become so educated with worldly gossip. Tee hee

"worldly gossip" Bwah! :cryingwlaughter:

Well, I just had the first person ask me about Clay and baby news.

Backstory. My next door neighbor is a social worker (looking for a job right now!!!) and she's working on her master's online. In her "class", they were talking about celebrities who raise money for charities and Clay's name came up. The baby mention was minor, the main topic was that he had worked in spec. ed. and that he had "given a LOT of money" to charities.

I did tell my neighbor that he didn't (couldn't because of rules and having your own foundation) GIVE so much as he RAISED lots. She didn't know how he got started. I told her about Diane and Mike and the college paper that became a reality. She was very interested.

I love that people were connecting his name with generosity more than any tabloid attempt to belittle him!!!

How about that Clay Aiken??!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am absolutely positive that in an interview, someone asked Clay if he liked the blonde hair and he answered that his mom liked it a lot cause it was closest to his natural color.

*said in best Ed McMahaon voice*

YOU ARE CORRECT!

See this post in the Fast Forward News Section; the article is from SFGate.com. The relevant part:

Q: What's it like being blond?

A: You know what's funny to me? That is the biggest thing people want to talk about.

Q: People need to know.

A: You know, why not? My mom is much happier because it's closer to my natural hair color. But, truth be told, I have no idea what my natural hair color is anymore. It's probably all covering gray at this point.

So yeah, I think the strawberry blond color is probably the closest to his "natural" color.

jmh, thanks for the update. I keep turning on the TV to see what's happening, and then turning it off again, because it's just too much for me to watch!

ARRRRRGH!

Golf is crazy!

How many freaking OTs does this thing have?!?!

Sudden death. ACK!!!

I just got a response from my hotel contact to my question, "Where did you hear the info re: Clay?"

Her: Heard through “In Touch”. Tee hee.

Me: Ha! Busted! You READ “In Touch?”

Her: Absolutely my fav !!!!!!! How do you think I become so educated with worldly gossip. Tee hee

"worldly gossip" Bwah! :cryingwlaughter:

So ask her if she believes that shit. In Touch is the mag that printed a quote from JP on this, volunteering to be godfather. UGH!!

jmh, thanks for the update. I keep turning on the TV to see what's happening, and then turning it off again, because it's just too much for me to watch!

That's pretty much how I feel - and I am pulling for Rocco, because I think this is a once in a lifetime thing for him!

ARRRRRGH!

Golf is crazy!

How many freaking OTs does this thing have?!?!

sigh..so I leave for lunch to go to mountain mike's pizza cuz they have a tv..and I get there and they have it on baseball. So I walk out, grab something from the place next door ..and go to my car to listen to the last 2 holes... and now I'm back at my desk ... sigh... espn.com here I come. I like Rocco a lot so won't be disappointed if he wins BUT...GO TIGER. DESTROY HIM! :cryingwlaughter:

I always root for Tiger but I find myself rooting for Rocco today. My golly how he has hung in there in this tournament. And he's 45!! And a qualifier!!

Spoiler -- Well poot.