#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Well, that seemed a little...anticlimatic.

And a black sweater vest in June outside is just crazy, man, CRAZY!

Well, I don't think we need to spoiler - since it's like, LIVE.

Tiger won! Big shocker, I know.

Spoiler --

Well poot.

me too.

I didn't know we could do spoiler tags here. LOL.

GO TIGER. But I still wish Rocco could've won. Hey, he has to be pretty proud of how well he played. He just did not quit!

AWWWW. There's Tiger's baby.

Kandre...bwah..what are you doing watching sports...hmmm that can't be right..she can't be watching. she must need a co-worker and they are somewhere watching. heee

And we return you to your regularly scheduled drooling, eeeeeing and squeeeing.

I didn't know we could do spoiler tags here. LOL.

didn't you read your new mod manual yet?

Awwwwwwwww - they just interviewed Tiger and I think he got a little schmoopie at the end!!! What a great guy! So complimentary of Rocco, etc. But I guess we won't be seeing him for awhile - let that knee rehab.

Love that picture of all Clay's hairdos. Hee! I would vote for strawberry blonde as his natural color!!!

It's hot here today and seeing Rocco in that sweater vest ...............whewwwwwwww!!! But they're right on the ocean and San Diego has the "June Glooms" so it might have been a little bit chilly.

Falling. This song reminds me of some of the songs on MOAM. Not the lyrics or melody but Clay's voice!!! Makes me wish he wasn't so seemingly deadset against singing more rock-type songs because his voice can really handle them. Have to listen to it again for more detail.

And no, they wouldn't leave the kitchen until it was over.

bwah..yeah shoulda known... how dare they get between a girl and her double mocha chocalate latte with extra whipped cream :cryingwlaughter:

Can you tell I'm not part of the Starbucks coffee brigade? It's like greek to me.

ETA: LadyJ I think I love Tiger most when he's 2 or 3 strokes behind and charging. Mostly people just beat themsevles when they feel the pressure.

Spoiler --

Well poot.

me too.

Ah, me three. I love Tiger...but I think I love him most when he just blows everyone else out of the water. This one? He had pure nerves of steel -- but so did Rocco. While I think Tiger would have been PO'd to lose this one, I think it would have been great for the "old guy" (at 45 -- my age! HA) to win this. And from what I've read, Rocco is one of the "good guys."

Topic: think maybe Clay was watching the tournament this afternoon? After the BAF Golf Outing, he might be interested in it. Hee.

Well, I just had the first person ask me about Clay and baby news.

Backstory. My next door neighbor is a social worker (looking for a job right now!!!) and she's working on her master's online. In her "class", they were talking about celebrities who raise money for charities and Clay's name came up. The baby mention was minor, the main topic was that he had worked in spec. ed. and that he had "given a LOT of money" to charities.

I did tell my neighbor that he didn't (couldn't because of rules and having your own foundation) GIVE so much as he RAISED lots. She didn't know how he got started. I told her about Diane and Mike and the college paper that became a reality. She was very interested.

I love that people were connecting his name with generosity more than any tabloid attempt to belittle him!!!

How about that Clay Aiken??!!

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Cotton... thanks for this... it made my day! Would that more people would put the emphasis on the good that he does than the hair/hand/foot/sexuality/babymaking prowess! :cryingwlaughter: It's what matters!

Falling... I LOVE this song... not my fave, but close to it, since I was 5-6ft from him while he sang this on Kimmel and was part of the "happening" of us all yelling, "try to remind me now." So fantastic!!! Sigh!

I would love someone to post the lyrics to each song when it is time to discuss, cause I haven't memorized them all yet and really don't remember them well enough to discuss. JMHO

I have to admit I don't know the words to "falling" other than something about loneliness within and I'm older should be wiser? A really good song but not my favorite.

It has a good beat and the kids can dance to it.

I think I like "Ashes" better. But what do I know? I always get stuck on "the real me". I love Clay's interpretation and emotion on that song.

Six of us went out to lunch today with a woman who used to go to our gym until she broke her arm. She is close to eighty and the funniest person I know. As an example for Halloween one year she wore a hospital gown with a rubber rear end popping out of the back to an exercise class. We were hoping to take her mind off the fact that her daughter has terminal cancer. Well i think she started to feel better because she started telling us some of the most x rated stories and had all of us about rolling on the floor in the restaurant. I guess she cheered us up.

The point of this is I wish I had thought to give her OMWH. Not that it's xrated but she might enjoy it in quieter moments.

I would love someone to post the lyrics to each song when it is time to discuss, cause I haven't memorized them all yet and really don't remember them well enough to discuss. JMHO

Lyrics can be found here in the "Clay: The Man, The Music, The Boyfriend" forum. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I swear...the repeated cogitation of some topics elsewhere just makes me want to sing:

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E.

That's the way it's s'posed to be.

The Earth recycles and so do we.

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E.

We're just a link in the chain of history.

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E.

That's the way it's s'posed to be.

Use it again.

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E.

And again.

R-E-C-Y-C-L-E.

I mean, really.

I don't mind repetitive clack, though. Just finished watching a whole series of

Reminds me why I enjoy him so much. That, and the long, feathery hair he sported back then. Yum.

Today's US Open was one of those matches where it's a shame someone had to lose. Both players had moments where they were ahead and behind. Neither gave up, and each had their share of thrilling shots. I wanted Tiger to win, but I did feel badly for Rocco, who probably had the game of his life.

But that's the amazing thing about Tiger. Somehow, even when others play their very best, he manages to make the clutch play when it counts.

Falling... I LOVE this song... not my fave, but close to it, since I was 5-6ft from him while he sang this on Kimmel and was part of the "happening" of us all yelling, "try to remind me now." So fantastic!!! Sigh!

That's obvious, since "try to remind me now" is from Ashes. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Ack!

I was trying to not know the outcome as DH has recorded it!

I shoulda known better!!

:cryingwlaughter:

I'm sorry. I did spoiler my comments until someone else had spilled the beans. It's still worth watching, but I'm sorry we ruined the suspense.

Hee. I work for a PGA TOUR golf tournament and I think I was the only one NOT watching golf today!! :cryingwlaughter:
Nope, wasn't watchng either.

Saw enough of it last night at a friend's parents' house -- was getting envious that she could go home and be her mom's and dad's baby again. Are we allowed to adopt parents?

Hee. I work for a PGA TOUR golf tournament and I think I was the only one NOT watching golf today!! :cryingwlaughter:

nope - you weren't!!! I've been watching Eddie Izzard interviews and performances! That is one funny dude!!

In this one he talks about Monty Python being some of the funniest people on the planet.......

and in this one he makes a couple of references like "that's no basis to start a religion" (approx 1:35) and a "now we will sing Hymn #..." (around 3:15).

[ slight warning about Eddie Izzard - he is a bit R-rated - and in the second one he is dressed a little funny!!]

eta: here's one explaining his position on how he is dressed!

nope - you weren't!!! I've been watching Eddie Izzard interviews and performances! That is one funny dude!!

In this one he talks about Monty Python being some of the funniest people on the planet.......

and in this one he makes a couple of references like "that's no basis to start a religion" (approx 1:35) and a "now we will sing Hymn #..." (around 3:15).

[ slight warning about Eddie Izzard - he is a bit R-rated - and in the second one he is dressed a little funny!!]

Eddie Izzard: Army

Heeeee....my very first designation at the CH, when the CH was first created, was "Cake or death?", and then it was "Do you have a flag"!!!!! I love Eddie, and he will be here in Tampa pretty soon, I am going to try and see him!

Clay content - a few years ago, Eddie was nominated for a Tony for best actor. Sadly for Eddie, he was up against Brian Dennehy and Kevin Spacey, but it was so cool that he was even nominated! Clay was in Spamalot, Spamlot won some Tonys!

Heeeee....my very first designation at the CH, when the CH was first created, was "Cake or death?", and then it was "Do you have a flag"!!!!! I love Eddie, and he will be here in Tampa pretty soon, I am going to try and see him!

Clay content - a few years ago, Eddie was nominated for a Tony for best actor. Sadly for Eddie, he was up against Brian Dennehy and Kevin Spacey, but it was so cool that he was even nominated! Clay was in Spamalot, Spamlot won some Tonys!

I fixed the link ;)

What Broadway Show was Eddie in?? I loved the "Cake or Death?" one!!

What Broadway Show was Eddie in?? I loved the "Cake or Death?" one!!
If you like Eddie, you should buy or rent or download or whatever his comedy shows - Dress To Kill has the Cake or Death bit. Eddie manages to make politics and religion and world history very funny, and he will sometimes set up a joke well before the punch line, you have to pay attention.

From Wikipedia:

A Day in the Death of Joe Egg is a play and a movie 1967 play by British playwright Peter Nichols. The play was made into a film in 1971, directed by Peter Medak and starring Alan Bates, Janet Suzman, Peter Bowles and Elizabeth Robillard.

The movie centers on a British couple who are struggling to save their marriage whislt trying to raise their only child, a small girl suffering Cerebral Palsy. She is wheelchair bound and unable to communicate. Taking care of her has occupied nearly every moment of her parent's lives since her birth, and this has taken a heavy toll on their marriage.

Sheila, her mother, gives Josephine as much of a life as she can while Bri wants the child institutionalised and has begun to entertain chilling fantasies of killing himself and Josephine.

The play first opened in London's West End in 1967 then transferred to Broadway the next year. On Broadway, the play was nominated for 4 Tony Awards including Best Play, Best Actor (Albert Finney), Best Actress (Zena Walker) and Best Director (Michael Blakemore). Walker won the Tony for Best Actress.

The play has been revived twice on Broadway. A revival was staged in 1985 at the Longacre Theatre and played for 93 performances. It was directed by Arvin Brown. The cast included Jim Dale, Stockard Channing and Joanna Gleason. The cast also featured Christina Pickles and Kate Wilkinson.

A 2003 revival on Broadway at the American Airlines Theatre was directed by Laurence Boswell and played for 69 performances. It starred Eddie Izzard and Victoria Hamilton.

Eddie was nominated for best actor, but did not really stand a chance.

Here is a list of his movies and so forth, I recommend The Criminal and Circus.....

IMDB for Eddie Izzard

I think I love Eddie more than Clay, don't tell anyone! And if you search for eddie izzard computer in Youtube, you can find his hilarious take on people using computers in movies...."password is JEFF" cracks me up every time.

As long as y'all are eating dinner or whatever.....here is Eddie presenting the Critic's Choice Award for best documentary - he skewers the writer's strike, and then accepts the award for Sicko because Michael Moore was not there. He lists all the countries in the world who have universal health coverage - quite a big list..

That's obvious, since "try to remind me now" is from Ashes. :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

jmh... D101 :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: You know my name is really Linda, but I go by Lin. I tell everyone I chopped the "da" off my name when I went to college, but the dang thing just keeps trying to sneak back on. It just did it again! :cryingwlaughter:

Got the lyrics!!

Falling

Silence, long lost friends

You come to me again

Night comes, closing in

And the loneliness within

Older, should be wiser

Still I never seem to learn

Closer than ever to the end And I’m falling

I am falling

From the world I used to know

Been trying to hold on to something for so long

Now this never ending dream won’t let go

I am falling

Restless, I lie awake

And trying to escape

Memories that never sleep

I taste the bittersweet

Hold on to forever

Still I’m stuck on yesterday

Closer that ever to the end

And I’m falling

I am falling

Come back and wake me up again

I can’t face the world alone

In my dream I return and then

I am falling, I am falling

I am falling

I am falling

I am falling

I am falling

I am falling

I am falling

I love the way this song begins, is it a minor key? (self-confessed music novice here)

The words of the chorus speak to me as if to let me know that Clay is willing to be a bit "unconventional." He tried to "hold on" to the old traditions, but now he has to let go and live he dream.

Or so the Germans would have you believe...

I just knew that I'd get home from work tonight and there would be a picture of Clay that someone would have taken last night. Also knew that if there was any taken that someone here would have found it, but guess it's not to be.

Truthfully, I'd love to see a recent picture of Clay, but am glad that maybe he was able to go to Spamalot and see his friends without the reporters around bugging him.......at least I hope he didn't get bothered by any.

Editing to say.....I love Falling! :lilredani:

Silence, long lost friends

You come to me again

I think it's friend, rather than friends. In other words, it is silence that is the long lost friend coming to him again.