#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Grab ahold o' sumpin', Y'all . . .

cuz if you don't - this may just kill you dead.

GMA21.jpg

More from SecretlyLovesClay at the Clayboard - only if your heart meds are up to date!

ETA:

another . . . OMG!

GMA6.jpg

Cotton I don't see any pictures in this post and when I go over to CB all I see are image, image, image etc and no photos. Followed by posts proclaiming how beautiful these photos are. What am I missing here?

That last picture is so beautiful. He has to be the most photogenic man I've ever seen. And I really appreciate all the different aspects you guys are bringing to Clay's voice and songs because I'm also one of those who just knows what I like but I have no idea how to break it down. And since I'm not a lyrics person so much, it helps to have specific parts discussed because it helps me listen to and appreciate those parts more.

What am I missing here?

Oh, Honey!

You are missing a whole lot of Purdy!!

I don't know why you're not seeing them.

Don't the rest of you see the pics???

ETA:

HELP!

Where is the Listening Party Thread???

I think two of us worked on the lyrics for this during the listening party!!!

EATA:

LOTUS!

Did you try clicking on the IMG???

Those are some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen of Clay.....love his foot! Love his hands. And the stretch was adorable.........

Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh..........................

What am I missing here?

Oh, Honey!

You are missing a whole lot of Purdy!!

I don't know why you're not seeing them.

Don't the rest of you see the pics???

ETA:

HELP!

Where is the Listening Party Thread???

I think two of us worked on the lyrics for this during the listening party!!!

EATA:

LOTUS!

Did you try clicking on the IMG???

No...I don't see any photos :cry4: and IMG what IMG? where IMG?

Did you copy and paste any of the photos into your post cause I see none? I skipped over to CV in hopes of seeing something there and all there are are links to CB and still no photos.

But - I'm also about harmony. And that's another thing I love love love about Clay Aiken.

The man has an innate understanding of harmony. And even if he's not singing harmony, I get from the songs he seems to like, that he enjoys the harmonics of music - whether the harmony is between him and backup singers - or him and a cello or a bass guitar.

Does that make any sense?

Lots of sense. He sings in partnership with instruments all the time, or he sings gorgeous duets with himself. I love Clay's harmonic sense, love his JT set from the NAT and acoustic set from the IT, and the use of backing vocals on tour to create gorgeous trios (and, once upon a time, quartets).

Listening Party thread for OMWH

Maybe we should have another soon?

Thank you!

Here are the corrected lyrics from that night. :)

forget I ever knew you

I lie awake while the rest of the world sleeps happily

I'm tossing and turning in the dark

I try to make some sense of the mess that calls itself my life

Just wish I knew where I should start

I'd go back in time if I could

erase you from my mind for good

I get so tired of trying

Maybe I should just...

Walk away and let my heart pretend

that dreams come true when the story ends

I get on my feet and start again

say goodby to all I’ve been through

And forget I ever knew you

I'll turn the page I've got nothing to say but I'll start writing anyway

Something that gets me moving on again

Stuck in this place putting one foot in front of the other foot

Maybe today I'll let this be over and done

I'd make up my mind if I could

And leave this all behind me for good

I'm getting tired of trying

Maybe I should just...

Walk away and let my heart pretend

that dreams comes true when the story ends

I get on my feet and start again

I'll leave the past and rise above

I'll let you go and fall in love

With everything that I'm made of

Say goodbye to all I've been through

I'll start living life with no regrets

'Cause the best hasn't happened yet

I'm just fine with you out of my liiiiiiiife

Walk away let my heart pretend

that dreams come true when the story ends

I'll get on my feet and start again

I'll leave the past and rise above

I'll let you go and fall in love

With everything that I'm made of

I never knew you

We also discussed the dissonance.

:)

Did you copy and paste any of the photos into your post cause I see none? I skipped over to CV in hopes of seeing something there and all there are are links to CB and still no photos.

You said you saw

I just wondered if you tried clicking on

IMAGE???

I just put the link in my post, I didn't copy and paste. It's not that simple. I'd have to save them, then upload them. I haven't saved them.

Sorry.

I wonder if you have popups blocked or something that prevents them showing up.

???

Man, I gotta recreate a brilliant post!

Nah, I'll just hit the hightlights:

Watching AFI best 10 of 10 instead of reading with y'all - discovered my favorite genre are apparently epics - decided that was related to my favorite Clay songs and performances.

Disagreed with somebody about whether Clay is "better" - I think he's increased his range stylistically - but what the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art. I've got snippets of music I've been playing constantly for 5 years (TLS, Vincent, EL & WTWNN) because they are that good. I personally find those four tracks vocally on a par with anything he's done since. And strictly on vocal style. But that's me.

Forget had to grow on me - for some reason it sounds almost familiar and I'm not sure why - almost old school - I'm just not sure what old school. I like it all - but it's not in my top five.

So has Muski figured out yet that we've been gahing over pics for a while, now???

I re-edited the lyrics some more.

I think they're right now.

Until the next time he sings them differently! :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

ETA:

I found out yesterday that one of my best friends’ DS has moved back home. :cry4:

His wife went off on a trip with friends and came home and told him she didn’t want to be married any more.

Told her parents she’d never been attracted to him. She just married him to make them happy.

He had sold his business and started working for her parents.

He now has no wife, no job, no place to live.

I think this is his song.

Heee, Muski, do you like FIEKY or somthin? I really enjoyed your analysis. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm having a terrible time posting anything meaningful about FIEKY tonight. First, I'm exhausted after running a bunch of errands today with my daughters (eeeeek! swimming suit shopping, teaching DD#1 to drive, expensive dental work for DD#1, vet appt for DD#2's bearded dragon, etc. etc). Then, I get killed by those pics brought over by Cotton and ldyj. And then, IIEOOU plays right after FIEKY, and I don't want to stop listening to it to go back to FIEKY, even though I LOVE FIEKY!

Anyway, here are just a couple of interesting things about FIEKY. It's in the key of G major, but it doesn't stay in the key of G. Anybody wanna guess where it modulates to the key of A major?

Anybody have any guesses?

At the glory note! The bridge is right before the glory note. The bridge stays in the key of G until the glory note, but the harmonic structure changes to give the bridge emphasis. The glory note is on an A, and the song suddenly changes to the key of A right at the end of the bridge when Clay starts the glory note. It's sort of unexpected to suddenly hear Clay blasting out an A since he's been singing in the key of G. It seems to really give emphasis to the fact that he's getting that person out of his liiiiiiiife!

BTW, the bridge consists of these words:

I’ll start living life with no regrets

‘Cause the best hasn’t happened yet

I’m just fine with you out of my life

I'm always amazed to hear Clay sing long, wonderful glory notes, and at the end take a breath in less than a second and come right back in with perfectly in-tune notes. He doesn't need any recovery time! Such amazing control and lung power.

Muski, you mentioned that the notes just before the glory note are sort of unexpected. The notes on 'out of my life' are A - E - E - A, which is a different pattern than what we've heard in the song so far. Those notes work in the key of A, but not so much in the key of G, which is why it's surprising to hear them there.

BTW, Clay is singing a lot of octaves and major sevenths in the chorus of this song. You hardly notice that he's singing such huge jumps because they go by so quickly. Many singers have to sing large intervals like that sloooowly to get them in tune, but not our guy!

ETA: I'm at the top of the page! Which means that this pic NEEEDS to be on this page:

GMA23.jpg

You said you saw

I just wondered if you tried clicking on

IMAGE???

I just put the link in my post, I didn't copy and paste. It's not that simple. I'd have to save them, then upload them. I haven't saved them.

Sorry.

I wonder if you have popups blocked or something that prevents them showing up.

???

When I put my cursor over image the little hand does not appear so clicking doesn't do anything. This is so frustrating. At first I thought it might be that I wasn't logged into CB but that wasn't it and now I'm wondering if something I've downloaded from WinVista Updates has screwed things up.

OK, plagarising no, appropriating, no, I know, using Gibby as source material, I find that Clay in Forget is some sort of jumping mod, who will blast you if you cross his bridge.

Yeah, it's a stretch, but I trust Gibby.

it helps to have specific parts discussed because it helps me listen to and appreciate those parts more.

Oh me too!

Oh we were discussing music....I got lost while looking at the pics.........GAHHHHHHH!!

He is so..oh I don't know....CUTE!!!!

yeah lotus it does sound like some sort update has messed you up. That's happened to me before.... hopefully someone can help you.

OK, plagarising no, appropriating, no, I know, using Gibby as source material, I find that Clay in Forget is some sort of jumping mod, who will blast you if you cross his bridge.

Yeah, it's a stretch, but I trust Gibby.

bwah

ok nobody hurt me but it just hit me today that I never opened my Walmart CD. I have new clack to look forward to. No wonder I could never place that damn acronym.

Oh Couchie!

Just look at that man in your avi.

You done gone and hurt his feelings :cry4: not listening to that bonus song he gave you.

:cryingwlaughter:

Now, really.

I'm going to bed.

Can't wait to hear what you think of FIEKY tomorrow!!!

He doesn't need any recovery time! Such amazing control and lung power.

I should've known my buddy Gibby would 'come' through with some smut... :sleezy:

And thanks for that AEEA and key of G to A explanation...I'm glad to know I wasn't jsut "hearing" things. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

BTW, KAndre...hubby and I are watching that AFI special thingy, too! Good stuff!

The SLC GMA pics already posted are fantastic! But there are a few more that I really like, too. That green hoodie is such a great color for him, and it looks soft and comfy, too! I like how he looks in the green hoodie even better than he does in the suit. And the early-morning mussed hair is mighty, appealing, too. Hmmmm, wonder why? :naughtywag:

Yummy profile, yummy early-morning mussed hair!

GMA1.jpg

Silly:

GMA4.jpg

Hands:

GMA7.jpg

Gorgeous eyes:

GMA9.jpg

GMA2.jpg