#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

He doesn't need any recovery time! Such amazing control and lung power.

I should've known my buddy Gibby would 'come' through with some smut... :sleezy:

And thanks for that AEEA and key of G to A explanation...I'm glad to know I wasn't jsut "hearing" things. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Heeeee. I kinda thought you might pick up on that. I'm surprised you didn't notice that I posted about Clay elongating and intensifying . . . . . . phrases yesterday when we were talking about Falling. :imgtongue:

BWAH, KAndre! If you're gonna plagiarize, you oughta at least do it accurately, babe! :cryingwlaughter:

Gibby, Gibby...you are CLEARLY not a true academic...I was digging for those deep nuances that you didn't know about (and I might have made up) - your id was talking straight to me (and apparently Muski - your id seems to get around - maybe you oughta talk to it about safe smutting) - accuracy just gets in the way of my BS!

Couch Tomato yeah lotus it does sound like some sort update has messed you up. That's happened to me before.... hopefully someone can help you.

Yep..that is it...now how to solve the problem...mmm.

My little laptop has Win XP, which I much prefer to Vista, so I fired it up and OMG all those pretties! I think my favourite is GMA23

Thanks Cotton for providing the link and for answering my piteous no picture posts.

This is embarrassing, but my Walmart CD was never opened. Still inside the shipping box until about an hour ago. Wanted to be familiar with FIEKY to understand the discussion...but OMG, it is magnificent. I know nothing about music except what I like. I absolutely love this song and everything about his performance.

There is nothing Clay sings that I don't absolutely love. This one works on so many levels, must have listened ten or more times so far and always hear something I missed before. The whole CD is just so great. People really need to hear this.

Thanks, guys, if not for you tonight, this would still be inside the box and I'd be doing things like housework....

ETA: Couchie, I hear ya'. Well worth the effort to find though.

STOPIT!

I said I was going to bed!!!

but

I'm so glad

that the piteous poster

is now a happy Mate!

Cuz imPeding aquisition

of Purdymous Profiles

is a Piteous Pictureless NOPHOTOGATE inexcusable!

And really must be rectified

with a Mulitude of Photo Fare and Fair

Which shall be

Piercing our heartes with his pulchritude.

For Profiles Prolific

though our files may appear

There is no such thing as

The photocability of overabundance of Aiken.

To put it more clearly.

And set you at ease.

To be sure that you capture

our Right to Need

Mo pics

Mo profiles

Mo lipbites

Mo bedroom eyes

Mo elegant hands

holding greedy mic stands

Mo cheekbone peekouts

Mo derriere devine

and Pokie chest hair ShoutOuts!

So, cyberspace, sling your bits and byts

and organize them rightly.

Because

We

Feel

the

Need

for

Clay

Allspeed

Every Night!

So . . . if sump'ns broke and holding back

CLACK??!!

Better answer your service call

Quick as Clay changes facial expressions

and

Get the Freakin Problem UnBroke PosteHaste!

Or it ain't gonna be pretty.

We

Feel

the

Need

for

some

Clay Aiken . . .

Cuz as he, himself, said . . .

YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH CLAY AIKEN!!!

If you feel like a little research . . . pulchritude

Pulchritude

Piteous Poster is now Happy!! :nana: Thanks Cotton

I deleted all but the most essential Windows Updates from today and everything now all OK..I can see Clay in all his manly pulchritude...well not all..but all he is willing to show us.

<<snip>>

My husband is fairly big Dylan fan -- he's from Minneapolis, so I think it's against the law for him to not be a fan. Me? Eh. I always joked that he and Tom Petty needed to start a school for enunciation in singing. *g* But, I really liked both of those guys as part of the Traveling Wilburys, and Dylan's last few albums have been great.

BTW, I turned on the radio to the local "hippie" radio station here. First song I heard was "Like a Rolling Stone." Right after it was "Question" by the Moody Blues. Thought of you kf!

Dylan is a big love for me. Best wordsmith in the world, easily equal to shakespear (jmo)

Until Clay came along Dylan was the only artist I followed. I actually probably own everything he ever put out, even his very first vinyll record. I even travel to see him! Started at 16 by hitch hiking across the country to see him. (How dumb was I? Thank God for guardian angels, let me tell ya!!) Of course he comes here now, thank god. Yes, I have bootleg video of him too. :lol:

But he has been my sanity all of my life and I owe him a LOT.

Then Clay came along and I love him too. He totally blindsided me!! Really!

Now I do not think I could live without Clay singing to me. He may have taken over my life as I used to know it! He is my serenity. :wub:

I am finding myself following him around the country and even if he did not sing, I would still need to see that smile and know he is ok. He is a healer in his own way.

People in my real life find it very strange that these two very different singers/men have touched my life in such a meaningful way. I'm sure they think I am crazy or something. But I was drawn to each of them for a reason.

Both are the best at being exactly who they are and using the gifts God gave them.

Each is in a league of his own.

Sometimes we all take different paths but still find our way to the top of the same hill.

(i am old so I guess crushing on only 2 singerguys in a lifetime is not too bad!)

(end of totally stupid, off topic post) :)

Ooooh, Cotton! Cool stuff! :clap: I'm especially doin' some lovin' on this part:

Mo elegant hands

holding greedy mic stands

Mo cheekbone peekouts

Mo derriere devine

and Pokie chest hair ShoutOuts!

Woot! "Pokie chest hair ShoutOuts!" could be our thread title with the new banner! :cryingwlaughter:

me myb - yaaay - another Dylan fan checking in!! Care to share any of that bootleg video? :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am dead from the GMA photos - oh WOW. I love his profile!! I always thought he looked like a young Michael Caine....... so I did a little research.......... and had a few naughty thoughts.......

and if you want to see the results, you have to encourage me because I am a little skeered to post them!!

Move over in the going straight to hell car!!!

Cotton - loved your poem!!

I missed the FIEKY discussion, but I'll just say that at first I had to force myself to really get into it. Right now it's a toss up between this and Falling for 1st place for me. I played it over and over and over until all of a sudden it HIT ME.

Gibby, I guessed right on your quiz, and thanks for the answer to my question. I think I probably did see somewhere that you were a pianist. If I weren't so old I would go back to school and seriously study music. I did the choir thing in school for about 5 years and my choir teacher let me take a theory class that was supposed to be for only seniors....best teacher I ever had.

Dylan...never could stand him as a singer, but great writer.

Streisand...hated when I was a kid...my mother LOVED her. I've come to appreciate her talent very much.

Couchie, a very Happy Birthday to you!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

:7252:

Old age begins at forty-six years, according to the common opinion.
CICERO, De Senectute, c. 44BC
...I suppose that I shall have to die beyond my means.
OSCAR WILDE, who died at the age of forty-six in 1900
She's six-and-forty, and I wish nothing worse to happen to any woman.
SIR ARTHUR WING PINERO, The Second Mrs Tanqueray,1893
Control of life is what one should learn now: its economic management.
I feel cautious, like a poor person, now I am forty-six.

VIRGINIA WOOLF, Diary, 18 March 1928

:bday2: Couchie!!!!!
p.s. Couchie, this is the 21st C, 46 is the new 16....you are now entitled to give cheek and stay out all night....oh, but that also means you are now too young to drink

The sun can shine a little brighter now

I’m gonna make it on my own somehow

And I will start feeling alive again, yeah

Interesting that this verse has been omitted as well.

The bridge stays in the key of G until the glory note, but the harmonic structure changes to give the bridge emphasis. The glory note is on an A, and the song suddenly changes to the key of A right at the end of the bridge when Clay starts the glory note. It's sort of unexpected to suddenly hear Clay blasting out an A since he's been singing in the key of G. It seems to really give emphasis to the fact that he's getting that person out of his liiiiiiiife!

YAY, validation! :cryingwlaughter:

couchie is having a 46th birthday today? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day. You are officially older than me for 8 months! :imgtongue:

Then Clay came along and I love him too. He totally blindsided me!! Really!

Now I do not think I could live without Clay singing to me. He may have taken over my life as I used to know it! He is my serenity. :wub:

I am finding myself following him around the country and even if he did not sing, I would still need to see that smile and know he is ok. He is a healer in his own way.

People in my real life find it very strange that these two very different singers/men have touched my life in such a meaningful way. I'm sure they think I am crazy or something. But I was drawn to each of them for a reason.

Both are the best at being exactly who they are and using the gifts God gave them.

Sometimes we all take different paths but still find our way to the top of the same hill.

(end of totally stupid, off topic post) :)

Awwww, nothing stupid about your post at all! I loved it!!

:00003653: couchie!!!

Hi All,

Haven't had much to say lately...the music discussion was interesting...I just like the way Clay's sings.

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

Tijala, the discussion on FIEKY isn't over until I say it's over. Heh. (Actually, I'll probably start up the discussion on the next song sometime late tonight or early tomorrow...)

me myb, your post was not stupid at ALL. This paragraph, in particular -- very heartfelt. And very true. Thanks for posting!

OMG, couchie has a birthday today, and I didn't bake a cake? Crap?! Happy birthday, my good friend. I guess drinks are on me!

:drink:

:2164:

:7254: