#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Well, I called everyone I know in town and no one is answering their phone, and the answering machines are also not going off, makes me think they don't ave phone service. to put in in perspective, I live i a square town that is 2 miles, by 2 miles or 4 square miles. According to the news report a 20 foot wide tornado landed on the railway house 3 blocks away. Schools are closed, so my closest neighbor (a teacher) should be home. They said some power will be restored tonight, but not necessarily phone or cable. I do live near the emergency squad and two blocks from city all, the fire and police stations, that tends to get us power first. I am a bit concerned. n the other hand, I want to stay here and miss most of this.But the rotting food is not appealing.

I read the playlist of my loscal station, thre are only 16 songs on it, you can only request from these 16 songs! What do they have a cheap CD player, they can't fit any more in there? And since when it Justin Timberlake AC, can't we get a break from him anywhere?

If I get bored, I will work on the poll tonight, the DA people got a really big head start.

What kind of a commune is FCA, or has this been discussed? Anarco-sydicalist, as indicated below? Maybe at least in terms of selecting thread titles *g*, where a majority does rule for internal affairs.

Don't know if there is a "kind" for our commune, but hey, in my mind, we're...

cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores

*g*

:F_05BL17blowkiss: to annabear, just cuz.

Clay's cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores

ldyj... Thread title??? BWAH!!!

I do remember a long ago article about how many millions they spent building her career in the US, what a megastar she would be compared to Clay Aiken, that reality show guy who would be just a flash in the pan.

jmh... I remember that, too... vaguely!

Ok, while I love The Prayer... on a different note, my favorite duet of all times is the Orlando SRHP IWTKWLI with both Quiana and Angie. I can watch that over and over and over!

OKay...so now the word is that Clay and Jaymes have sperm and eggs frozen so that she can be 'impregnated' again in March 'coss they want LOTS of kids!

:huh:

:rolleyes:<_<:blink::wacko::ruserious::believe::herewegoagin:

:giantpopcorn:

muski... :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

Now, that one just goes over the edge of ridiculousness, IMO!

Ah yes....from a 'source' that rivals TMZ, NE and Star in its integrity:

This is from JustJared, but the source is InTouch magazine:

Clay Aiken: I Want More Kids

Wed, 11 June 2008 at 2:44 pm

Clay Aiken is already having a son but he’s not stopping there!

The 29-year-old singer and his best friend, 50-year-old music producer Jaymes Foster, used advanced IVF therapy to conceive their first child but an In Touch insider reports that they’ve already frozen eggs and sperm so they can have a second baby next year.

“Jaymes is due in August, so she’d like to conceive again next March,” an insider says. “That way, she would give birth in December 2009… Clay and Jaymes are committed to having at least two children. They’re both incredibly successful and wealthy, so money is certainly no object. And he just adores children. He is going to make a wonderful and caring father. There’s no doubt about that.”

ETA...By the way, have you EVER known anyone who has as many 'best friends' as Clay Aiken? :lilredani:

FCA CiSNO who tulibu dibu douchou thinking WTF re. a-IVF by JFnoL & CA... :huh:

thinks about it...

Well, yes. But then, I don't Clay has actually listed all that many.

I don't think he has, either, KAndre...but it certainly seems that the media flings that ascription around pretty indiscriminately.

That's m' point! (t/m hawt tower watchguy with shit on his face)

ETA: I have two reactions (after my initial WTF one)

1. Jaymes is one masochistic broad.

2. Jaymes is one masochistic broad.

At any age, having babies close together NATURALLY is an enormous strain--physically, emotionally, psychologically, any --ly! Add to that the IVF process AND her age and...well. See #'s 1 & 2 above.

Sorry...but the main thing I think after reading that particular 'newsflash' is that I hope whatever 'insider' is raiding anyone's medical records for fun and profit gets prosecuted fully and at great expense and public scandal.

Well, regardless whether ANY of this is true, this picture of Clay in a slideshow of "Dreamy Dads" on msn.com is DWEEEEEEAAAAAMMMMYYY! :hubbahubba:

link to the MSN "Dreamy Dads" slideshow:

Photos:Dreamy Dads

Today we celebrate men who are, of course, gorgeous and mega-talented, but are especially notable for their devotion to their children. They shine in roles -- and as role models. So let's spend some quality time with these dreamy dads. Happy Father's Day to the tops of Hollywood's pops:

Clay is Slide #32.

Clay Aiken: We didn't see this one coming, but congrats are still in order. Multiple Web sites have reported that the "American Idol" contestant and his roommate (and apparent Claymate) Jaymes Foster, are expecting a baby together, conceived through artificial insemination. According to TMZ.com, Aiken plans to have "an active role in raising the child." Now that's the true measure of a man. (Retna)

Well, regardless whether ANY of this is true, this picture of Clay in a slideshow of "Dreamy Dads" on msn.com is DWEEEEEEAAAAAMMMMYYY! :hubbahubba:

Is this a picture we've already seen elsewhere? I refuse to give ANY of these sites hits.

The continuation of all the crap is starting to wear me out.

ETA: I have two reactions (after my initial WTF one)

1. Jaymes is one masochistic broad.

2. Jaymes is one masochistic broad.

At any age, having babies close together NATURALLY is an enormous strain--physically, emotionally, psychologically, any --ly! Add to that the IVF process AND her age and...well. See #'s 1 & 2 above.

If it is true, (insert boilerplate doubties qualifications here), I would imagine that Jaymes is wealthy enough and smart enough to have consulted a few doctors about this whole thing; I doubt that any of this, if true, was done on a whim or in haste. Plus she can't really put this kind of thing off for very long, at her age. Anyway, age really is just a number - in that all women do not age at the same rate, aging is more a mixture of genes, medical care, lifestyle, and finances. See Turner, Tina

I honestly believe modern medicine and money go a great deal towards mitigating a lot of problems. And a lot depends on the partner's support, which I believe, if true, will be pretty damned excellent.

Heeeee.....I say this because I was reading something aboout aging and it said pinch the skin on the top of your hand and see how long it takes to go back - 5-10 seconds for young women, older takes 20, 30, and up. Mine goes back with no trace after 4 seconds, so I am feeling pretty spiffy, and I am lots older than Jaymes. Of course, the skin elasticity is affected by age, exposure to the sun, occupation, etc., so it is just one more thing that can't be predicted due to age.

Is there a poll we can spam for (i.b.d.q.h) Clay to be dad of the Year?

Whether this thing is true, half true (Jaymes does look kinda preggers) or totally false as regards Clay's participation, the reactions have been fascinating!

I'm expecting a new round of tabloid stories every week until the baby is born. I'm sure they will make up all kinds of stuff before it's all over. Yet we still don't know anything more than we did on day one which I find funny. I'm now convinced, if I wasn't before, that Clay will not address this at all until August and maybe not even then. The only thing I worry about now is the paparazzi and how far they will go to get a picture of the baby.

IIT IIU AATJ<and all that jazz> heee.

ETA: if I'm gonna make up new shit..get it right.

Two babies close together and an emphasis on Clay being wealthy? Why does that make me think the "In Touch Insider" is otherwise known by the initials FBM? Sounds like a page right out of a familiar playbook. Did the In Touch tipster perhaps text in his / her "quotes"?

Seriously, I put about as much credence in this story as I do the "buying a baby" one in the NE. :cryingwlaughter:

So why can't an Insider do something really useful and get us some Civil War Clack?

According to the Jason Flom's article "The Money Note" in The New Yorker (July 7, 2003), Cherie is from France. However, it is possible that she got a temporary place in the US for promotions. It is/was and interesting article. I quoted it at the CH back in October 2003. Hee! It was the first time I'd read the term A&R and I also mentioned this about the article, "It was also noted that the elite group that Jason and Clive belong to consists entirely of men." Hee! I guess that's changed now.

I can't stay on too long but can anyone find the article online, pretty please?

Got it. Thank you Scarlett for the bread crumbs. The Money Note

I don't see any mention of Clay specifically, just AI, so either I'm remembering that wrong or it was a different article about her that compared them. Probably I'm remembering wrong.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: Thanks a bunch for finding it, jmh!!! If you recall Clay being mentioned specifically then it is a different article. I read this in print 2 months after AI2 so I'm assuming the article was written in April 2003, too early to focus on Clay.

{{{play}}}

FCA CiSNO who tulibu dibu douchou thinking WTF re. a-IVF by JFnoL & CA... :huh:

:cryingwlaughter: Thanks for the laugh, annabear!

At any age, having babies close together NATURALLY is an enormous strain--physically, emotionally, psychologically, any --ly!

Actually, it's not that tough. DS & DD are 14 months apart. They tussled a lot until they were of kindergarten age, argued over everything but they've been best buddies ever since. And there's a side benefit too: *looks around and checks for the kids' whereabouts*

The 29-year-old singer and his best friend, 50-year-old music producer Jaymes Foster, used advanced IVF therapy to conceive their first child but an In Touch insider reports that they’ve already frozen eggs and sperm so they can have a second baby next year.

They can't even get the IVF facts correct. It's not eggs and sperm frozen separately. IIT Jaymes would have been given hormones to make her super ovulate plus hormones to make her endometrium thick and juicy and ready for implantation. Her eggs would be harvested and fertilized and the resulting embryos examined and graded and usually 2 of the best looking ones implanted. The remaining embryos are frozen. The whole process is uncomfortable and the harvesting of the eggs painful, you sure don't want to have to go thru it again if it can be avoided. And having frozen embryos does not necessarily mean that they are going to be used.

Love the dreamy dad photo. There is something about that glimpse of curly chest hair that makes me fantasize ripping his shirt off. Be still my heart! :27:

I hereby surrender any claim of expertise on babies born close together.

My two daughters are 3 years and 10 years apart. WTF do I know? :huh:

ETA: Oooh, Lotus! Do I see another lover of the pokey chest hairs? :sleezy:

There is something about that glimpse of curly chest hair that makes me fantasize ripping his shirt off.