#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Last page that I was here was page 27! :yow:

I come bearing good news!!!

Clayphoria posted this at the Shed:

DRIVE BY

E-mail I got from a local fan I met at ATDW cd release

It is so thrilling to hear Clay on the radio again today in Ottawa! I first heard him was May 21, 2008. Some of you have already heard this, but I screamed because I was so surprised. Everything I Don't Need by Clay Aiken - It sounds so great to hear from the radio announcer. I have always heard this song on Brock Tozer's morning show and today I heard him on the afternoon show at 3:30 pm too! You won't hear him in the evening because it is more heavy metal geared to teens. I hope Clay knows that he is on the radio in Canada. Way to go, Clay!

EIDN

not OMWH

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:yess:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :nana:

:manynanas::manynanas:

The nation's capital is a great place to start!

Now if we can get it played in Toronto!!!

:pray:

How about a picture of me?

abeautifulmanmr9.jpg

That is the best looking man ever!!

One board had a mod encouraging people to play the ileagal download of the album, then someone there posts they don't have enough money, so they aren't going to buy the album and say they are burning lots of free copies for their friends ?!?!?! waht the - how dare someone post that? If they can't afford an album, at least they can not put more "free" copies out there. If that person complains I will seriously consider violence.

I saw that--that was perturbing.

{{{saltwaterdog}}}

Random thoughts on GOG, mostly from our listening party.

I like that the lyrics are delivered in this kind of chugging tempo, though. That keeps it from being heavy-handed, to me.

Wish I could find . . .

I think he does wish he (Clay, the character, however you choose to look at it) could find "an answer" . . .

like when Clay talks about the news talking so much about Britney and not enough about a war that mostly affects children - and we "turn away" instead of trying to solve the problems . . .

How can you explain the inequity in the world?

Fairness is something we believe in when we’re young - but as adults learn that the world just isn’t that way.

Right?

It feels more to me like he's asking . . .

why does he have life so good - when others have so much suffering. Just a late 20's grappling with reality?Trying to make sense of life?

And - I love that the lyrics say "I sleep safe tonight", instead of "I sleep safe at night". I don't know - it makes it feel more personal.

Nice analysis. I really enjoy your comments on the songs. Yours too, permaswooned!!!

Could use some good thoughts...

I hope everything is going to be OK--will be sending positive energy!

I wish I can comment on these songs more but I haven;t listened to music in a bit...been engrossed with audiobooks...listening to the whole Dune series and it can be quite intense.

I'm just starting the last book of the second prequel, written by Herbert's son and another guy. I can't believe you're in a Dune phase now too! The prequel doesn't move me the way the original series did, but it's interesting reading, and the worlds and future plots of the original are woven in really nicely. I read the first series of prequels a few years ago, and I really don't remember much about them now.

I wish I can comment on these songs more but I haven;t listened to music in a bit...been engrossed with audiobooks...listening to the whole Dune series and it can be quite intense.

Hey, have you heard Brian Tyler's 'Children of Dune' soundtrack? It's GORGEOUS!!

So for those who like Little Shop of Horrors - can you look at these pics without grinning? I can't!

ls2_038RickMoranis.jpg

lsoh3.jpg

Okay - I have to ask. Can a radio station play a song from a CD that hasn't been released as a single? I mean can they just pick and choose? Might seem like a dumb question but ......EIDN? That's awesome. Just wondering about the logistics.

Oh btw, jmh, do you have any recommendations on Hongkong hotels?

Advanced HBD, Ansa! :cake:

I stayed at the Wesley on Central, 22 Hennessy Road Wan Chai, and loved it. The rooms are teeny and a lot like Japanese business hotels with the premolded bathrooms, minimalist but clean. Very economical back then and might still be. It's centrally located so that it isn't too far from anywhere, and it's right on the tram line. It's about 3 long blocks to Pacific Place where I found the grocery store that might have cheese doodles (although I can't find a grocery story on the Pacific Place website. But it has housing inside, so there must be someplace to buy food nearby still). A Japanese travel agent hooked me up the first time, and I stayed there again when I went the second time. I stayed at the Y in Shanghai and in Kobe on a return trip to Japan, but when I checked out the Hong Kong Y, which is on Kowloon, it didn't appeal to me at least from what I could see downstairs. But if you want to be on Kowloon and want to save lots of money, it's worth looking into. Check out the Lonely Planet Guide to Hong Kong--they'll have some recommendations and average prices--those guides were indispensible for me everywhere I went in Asia.

Maybe they releasing OMWH as a single in the US, EIDN in Canada, and Ashes in ... Slovenia?

Slovenia, lol? :cryingwlaughter:

What I miss?

Well, I've been "meah" on OMWH right from the start but I've loved both Ashes and EIDN, so I'd be tharillllllllllllllled if we could get either of them on the radio!

Luckiest? Have you or anyone been "gentlely" requesting OMWH?

FYI - When I vent about Verizon, you will hear real venting. You ain't heard nothing yet.

ldyJ had the surgery over 20 years ago - just one word of warning, something that has haunted me for years. For some reason, I read about anesthesiologists being more important than the surgeon and i was very worried about that. I had great insurance, but only certain anesthesiologists were covered. I told my doctor that I I didn't meet the anesthesiologist first, I would not have the surgery. I met the one covered and did not like him, he did not ask if I had any problems or allergies, did not ask how much I weighed, etc. I thought that was important since they were knocking me out. I asked for someone else, said I didn't care if they were not covered and when I wrote the check for the extra 1000, I did not regret it. I shared a pre op room with a doctors wife that was getting a nose job, she was very nice. Then they took us to operate. I was sleeping in recovery when I heard this racket and it woke me up. I was supposed to be our for another hour, but the noise of them trying to revive the doctor''s wife from her anesthesia was so loud, crash cart and all. Form my not yet ex, I learned that the doctor was running up and down the aisles of the hospital screaming. She got the anesthesiologist I was supposed to have. I never foud out if they revivied her, they through me out of the hospital, they were clearing out out patients fast that day, I was supposed to sleep for a few more hours, but that wasn't going to happen.

Be careful and you know who to check. I had a torn meniscus and arthritis in that knee and it is fine now, still have the arthritis, but it works just fine. Mine was a searing pain if I changed direction, but was fine if I walked straight ahead.

GOG, It is a happy song and it always throws me for a loop and stops me from singing with the woman who hanged her children, it is just a bit graphic for me.

HMmm, GOG sort of relates to me and knee surgery, doesn't it?

For me it's more that the MOOD of the song doesn't really fit the words. It's so cheerful, and Clay's singing about really sad stuff. Plus, I find the song a little bit mediocre. Not Clay's singing, of course, but the song itself. It's just kind of okay, especially when you compare it to all of the other amazing and sparkling tracks. IMHO, of course! If there are those who love this song, I apologize that I've insulted it.

Gibby, I'm with you on this. I also sometimes skip this one...although sometimes not JUST so that I can hear Clay sing in a low voice. As much as I LOVE Clay's voice, sometimes I'd really like to hear him sing more in a lower register... And acoustic? Hmmm...great idea for a concert, donchathink? :whistling-1:

I'd love to see OMWH do its climb on AC here, for sure....but I'd also be thrilled to have EIDN be heard by more people, too. I think it's such a great departure for him--for those who aren't the die hard fans who've seen and heard what he can do in concert---and a great opportunity for people to get to know him and his talent better.

ldyj...good luck with your knee, babe. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Is it wrong that I got pouty when I heard songs from both Michael Buble and Celine Dion tonight on SYTYCD? I watched a dance that I immediately thought of being done to Sacrificial Love, and then another that Lover All Alone would've been perfect for...

sigh..Of course, I KNOW that Celine's a much bigger star than Clay and that Michael is certainly more 'mainstream' than our man is...but it just made me so very eager for that day when hearing a Clay Aiken song is commonplace....and appreciated.

G'night, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Okay. I never dream about Clay. Never.So last night FIRST I dream about freakinryanseacrest. pfffft!

I can't quite remember the context.

Then there are these pictures that "break". It's Clay. on the beach. With a lady. His SHIRT IS OFF!!!! The hairs are a little too dark for Clay, but there they are in a grainy b&w photo. On the beach. They are holding hands. Getting close. There's video. Then they disappear.

I swear. I never dream about Clay!

So - these pics are all over the message boards then they disappear!

But I have these very grainy b&W pics. Two people lying on towels on the beach. Close.

Holding hands. Looking pretty KA-LOSE!!! But they are grainy. And you can just see freckle-faced Clay. But can't make out the female with him. And when he realizes cameras are there, their behavior changes.

And all I have left are these very grainy pics.

And then I dreamed some dumb shit about Ryan Seacrest! Get out of my dream!!!

Anyway, for a short moment I was in a 'stir' over Clay and some gal holding hands and looking lovey on the beach. I remember seeing freckles! He had NO SHIRT ON!!!

Then it drifts away! How sad is that?

I'm hoping that dream continues tonight . . . . . . . .! Wouldn't that be loverly?

GOG, It is a happy song and it always throws me for a loop and stops me from singing with the woman who hanged her children, it is just a bit graphic for me.

HMmm, GOG sort of relates to me and knee surgery, doesn't it?

Whu? Huh?

Hanged her chirren? In GOG? I musta missed that part!!!

:blink:

How about HUNGRY CHILDREN??!!!

Not hanged her children!!

????

Play? Did you read the lyrics I posted, Hon???

Whew!

Hope you feel better now!!! :)

I just think he (the character, the singer, the writer, Clay) sees that he has a nice (rilly rilly nice!) house. NICE clothes. Any toys he wants - he sleeps safe tonight.

And here are all these children who walk miles a night to try to not be caught to be in the army.

He loves his life. But - how can he justify seeing all that suffering when he is so very comfortable?

It's a struggle to not feel guilty for what you have?

KAndre is happily reading the board when the words "Arctic Circle" frickin' LEAPS off the page and smacks her in the head!

That is wrong on so many levels! I knew we shoulda gone through Guam! ARRRGGGGHHHH!

I still say Clay's career is perfectly normal. He's swimming along merrily in the big world of music - still outselling 99% of everybody out there. I looked over the gold album certifications so far for this year - Hard Candy by Madonna - which album has probably had as much of a push as anything - dance beats and all - just managed to go gold this month. Who went to go see Death Cab for Cutie? Transatlanticism went gold. Of course, it's been out since 2003. I sometimes wonder why people don't seem to look at the realities of the music business. Clay going gold? Has anyone looked at the gold chart this year? This one? Sixty-three albums less than three years old charted gold. A quick and dirty count at Wiki listed over 800 albums released in 2007 alone. I will lay decent odds that if we exclude Madonna, Neil Diamond or Leona Lewis's album, most in the Clay Nation (or the people they know) could name three albums that went gold in the last two years that's not Latin or somebody's greatest hits. Hell, as far as I can tell, nobody's talking about Hard Candy anymore either. Or Neil Diamond's CD either. Usher's fallen off the talk show circuit. It's the nature of the industry now. And I have my favorites off all Clay's CDs that I listen to regularly - as I don't give a flip about covers - I care that it sounds good. And ATDW deserves to be heard as much as anything Clay's done, because it's a gorgeous cd.

I said it before - Clay is being heard by lots and lots of people. Honestly he is. On You Tube, if nothing else.

Grace - like it, doesn't thrill me - not a lyrics person but for even for me, I tend to disagree with the lyrics - I know some of the reasons we close our eyes - not necessarily good reasons, but I know what they are - and somethings just are "justified"...something that sounds really deep for an adolescent and about as subtle as a ton of bricks - it doesn't bring anything new to the situation he's describing for me. But after a while, it's catchy. And he sings it pretty. I don't skip it - but I don't play it more than once in my rotation.

okay.

since I'm totally drunk off of sonata and Seagrams7 trying to get rid of this sinus headache so I can sleep . . .

DH ask the question . . . are there not any upbeat (pls read that uptempo *rollseyes*) songs on the album????

So I'd like to have an 'UPTEMPO' album of Clay's music on the house stereo so DH hears that he CAN do that.

Anybody have a playlist to put together or recommend???

Grace of God...

This is the only song on the cd that I skip with any regularity. Don't care for the lyrics. I did see a montage done to the song, tho, that I liked. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's a little CCM, but they are just depressing to me, not uplifting. There is just too much stuff out there that I can do nothing about to be reminded in a song I listen to for entertainment. Sorry, Clay! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

((gbmifan)) I had one of those scares once...benign cyst. But it sure was a sobering experience, just waiting to hear.

00lsee... gbmifan... me, too... benign cyst that they needed to drain. Sending love and light! 80% of all cysts are benign, remember! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

KAndre... going over the Artic Circle is a great opportunity to wear fur with lots of bling! Honest! And, I agree... Clay is and is going to be jest fine!

Cotton... All About Love from the IT, off the top of my head!

So I'd like to have an 'UPTEMPO' album of Clay's music on the house stereo so DH hears that he CAN do that.

*knits brows*.... How about The Way You Make Me Feel? :P

I see that I've been missing song commentary. I guess I'll be doing them all in one fell swoop cuz I'm sooooooooooooo behind!

NYmag actually compliments Clay!!!

• First, ladies, we ask you - is David Cook really ready to support a family? Sure, he's riding high on a record contract and endorsement deals now, but long-term success doesn't come easy for most male Idol stars. We'll spare you our multivolume thesis on why he's no Clay Aiken, but, suffice to say, he is no Clay Aiken.

Click here for the entire article:

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/...s_david_co.html

Oh.

He's fine.

Fine as wine.

He's Fi-i-i-i-ine!

Okay. I'm only 10 years older and slightly lower :cryingwlaughter: on th accomplishment scale than Jaymes. I rilly don't need a baby, though. I have one. He's 33. Y'all would probably get along.

I'm right here, Clay??! I'm one year younger that your Mama. Only.

Jus saying' . . .

heh

*knits brows*.... How about The Way You Make Me Feel? :P

Well, could we get a few from OMWH FIRST?!

Well, frankly all of Clay's songs tend to be mid-tempo - unless you putting out dance tracks, there aren't really that many real uptempo songs out there.

I would say Ashes then Falling for the speediest tempos.

Hmmm. After that, I would say Livin' La Vida Loca, Yeah, Opposites Attract.

Does your husband really want uptempo stuff? Even most rock seems to be mid-tempo.