#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

I don't think this has been posted yet: There's a clip on Good Morning Yahoo! about celebrities who "go back home" to live. Clay's on early...and he looks damn fine.

Thank you!

Posted at CH by CantGoADayWithoutClay:

Posted at ClayDreamBelievers by PraeKenobi

As I have mentioned before, they do play On My Way Here on radio in Thailand and the DJ is very complimentary of Clay! Now for the great update, this week it is at no.8 on top 20 of this radio station!!!! No surprise though because it hear it almost everyday! Today, they also gave away several of "On My Way Here" CDs just by calling to request the song! Moreover, I found the CDs on the new release shelf at a music store another day. It can be said that this was the first time that I found many Clay CDs in Thailand!!!! I'm so happy!!!

Have been listening to our local news in the last week and they have reported that Clio Amp. is going to be open this summer with 5 tribute shows. They are looking for sponsors and volunteers. The shows are free and want to get people excited and hopefully support them again. I am going to try and go a couple of times since it is a great venue. They are hoping in the future to support bigger acts again. I know those that went there had great memories.

Hmmmm, how are you counting the BPM? Tapping along to this calculator and using a part where I could hear the drums clearly, I got between 160-155 bpm for Shakira and 135 for Ashes. Of course, the rhythm I was hearing was a 1-2-3-pause and that's how I tapped it out - with Ashes it's more of a 1-2-3-4. I could be tapping wrong though.

Be aware a major rat will be coming in Money Money Money - the phone company told me they were too busy to fix my phone,they might fix it next week. No answer on what was more important,just that thay can't doanything When asking to speak to a supervisor I was told they would call me back - yeah, right. I bet.

For some reason, I can't focus on Clay. I need to pack for the beach, I have had it. canceled DSL, threatened to cancel basic phone service.

I was using this: Online Metronome. I would turn it on and then listen to it while I was also playing Hips Don't Lie at the same time. I then did the same thing with Ashes. It's not a perfect solution, but it's pretty close.

I think the differences you are hearing KAndre are key -- people hear rhythms different, and thus tempos are heard differently as well.

Music subjective? Like art? Like hanging a giant wooden rabbit in the salon, next to the Renoooirrr? :imgtongue:

Don't mind me... I'm just ready to go home and it's only 4:27...

Can't argue with ya there, Couchie.

My five year old neice asked me the weirdest thing today. She said..auntie...why do you sometimes say "ya'll."

Oh and sending out a salute to parents today after taking my neice and nephew with me to my mom's doctor's appt. I distracted them pretty well ... but then the 5 year old went into a tizzy cuz her brother didn't want her to touch him and she was intent on doing so. It got aggravating ... not to mention embarassing... in about 2 minutes.

If I start bopping along to a song---not necessarily shakin' my Shakira thang as if I'm being electrocuted---I call it an uptempo song. It has to be more than a finger and/or tapping or a slight head bobbing (heh), but I don't have to be sweating or getting all jiggywiddit to the point of gyrating for me to consider it uptempo. I call the gyrating songs 'dance songs'. For me it's more of what the song makes me FEEL like doing...

With that in mind, I'll call:

Ashes

Fallin'

Forget I Ever Knew You

Everything I Don't Need

Ballads? I can't help but think "slow", but more accurately again for me it's a feeling more than a beat so...

Sacrifical Love

Something About Us

The Real Me

Lover All Alone

On My Way Here

Then there are those I might call 'mid tempo', but they're actually more like 'take it or leave it' tunes...that is, depending on my mood at the time, I can listen to them like a ballad or bop along more like an 'uptempo' (my definition) song...

Where I Draw the LIne

Weight of the World

As Long As We're Here

Grace of God

And with that very unscientific (and definitely un-authentically musical)assessment, I get my playlist called "Studio Clay" going on my work desktop computer---it's all of Clay's non-holiday songs studio produced---from MOAM, ATDW and OMWH...a nice chunk of time, especially when I put it on shuffle.

Later! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am just going to word Muski because this is me and she said it so well! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Happy Birthday Ansa!

It is 3:49 p.m. and I am home from work; somehow managed to work an extra 30 minutes yesterday, so I got to leave early today!

Yay! Thailand!

Kim

My five year old neice asked me the weirdest thing today. She said..auntie...why do you sometimes say "ya'll."

Oh and sending out a salute to parents today after taking my neice and nephew with me to my mom's doctor's appt. I distracted them pretty well ... but then the 5 year old went into a tizzy cuz her brother didn't want her to touch him and she was intent on doing so. It got aggravating ... not to mention embarassing... in about 2 minutes.

Tell her it's all Clay Aiken's fault.

And I'm glad I have cats. Only have to take them out in public once a year!

Hmmmm, how are you counting the BPM? Tapping along to this calculator and using a part where I could hear the drums clearly, I got between 160-155 bpm for Shakira and 135 for Ashes. Of course, the rhythm I was hearing was a 1-2-3-pause and that's how I tapped it out - with Ashes it's more of a 1-2-3-4. I could be tapping wrong though.

I was using this: Online Metronome. I would turn it on and then listen to it while I was also playing Hips Don't Lie at the same time. I then did the same thing with Ashes. It's not a perfect solution, but it's pretty close.

I think the differences you are hearing KAndre are key -- people hear rhythms different, and thus tempos are heard differently as well.

I'm sneaking in from work, so gotta make it quick.

Those are cool on-line metronomes!

IMHO, you both will get different results if you don't both have the same time signature in mind. Is it cut time? 4/4? 4/8? It's kinda difficult, but not impossible, to determine the time signature without seeing the actual sheet music. The songs are probably in 4/4, but there certainly are exceptions.

Heeeee, yes, music is art, and all art is subjective. Like wooden rabbits. :imgtongue:

*sneaks out quietly*

Heeeee, yes, music is art, and all art is subjective. Like wooden rabbits.

*sneaks out quietly*

Yep, Gibby...'tis true...sorta like smut. :whistling-1: One woman's smut is another one's embarrassment is another one's pride is another one's fantasy is another one's

far away and long ago memory.....

:cryingwlaughter:

I came across a reference today on CV to

Alice's My Space where there are some beautiful pictures of Clay. I don't know if this has been posted before but it is definitely worth a look.

Once again l am experiencing problems with not being able to view photos on the boards tho' I had no problem seeing the pictures on My Space...it is very disconcerting and puzzling. I've tried a number of things and nothing is working including system restore.

Lotus, I've read that Photobucket got hacked a few nights ago. This is from YSRN at getclayaiken:

In case anyone besides me even noticed... Photobucket's DNS servers were hacked yesterday (or was it the evening before?). I haven't been able to see anything from Photobucket for days.

Here's an update for anyone else who cares:

OK, I emailed support@photobucket.com a few hours ago, and here's what they just sent me (the gist = their site is back up but our ISPs have not cleared their caches yet so we are all still getting redirected/unable to see our pictures):
"On Tuesday afternoon, some users that typed in the Photobucket.com URL were temporarily redirected to an incorrect page due to an error in our DNS hosting services. The error was fixed within an hour of its discovery. It is important to note that only a portion of Photobucket users encountered the problem and that no Photobucket content, password information or other personal information was affected by the redirect. If you still do not have access to Photobucket, please try rebooting your computer. If this does not resolve the issue, please try again later, as the redirect may still be cached in your ISP's DNS files. Depending on the ISP, it may take up to 72 hours (or longer) for their DNS cache to be cleared (or for it to expire), so you should consider contacting them to see if anything can be expedited. Unfortunately, Photobucket can not do anything to help speed up the process. It is completely out of our control at this point. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this may be causing you. We thank you for your patience, and appreciate your understanding. Sincerely, Your Photobucket Support Team"

Lotus, I've read that Photobucket got hacked a few nights ago. This is from YSRN at getclayaiken:

In case anyone besides me even noticed... Photobucket's DNS servers were hacked yesterday (or was it the evening before?). I haven't been able to see anything from Photobucket for days.

Here's an update for anyone else who cares:

OK, I emailed support@photobucket.com a few hours ago, and here's what they just sent me (the gist = their site is back up but our ISPs have not cleared their caches yet so we are all still getting redirected/unable to see our pictures):
"On Tuesday afternoon, some users that typed in the Photobucket.com URL were temporarily redirected to an incorrect page due to an error in our DNS hosting services. The error was fixed within an hour of its discovery. It is important to note that only a portion of Photobucket users encountered the problem and that no Photobucket content, password information or other personal information was affected by the redirect. If you still do not have access to Photobucket, please try rebooting your computer. If this does not resolve the issue, please try again later, as the redirect may still be cached in your ISP's DNS files. Depending on the ISP, it may take up to 72 hours (or longer) for their DNS cache to be cleared (or for it to expire), so you should consider contacting them to see if anything can be expedited. Unfortunately, Photobucket can not do anything to help speed up the process. It is completely out of our control at this point. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that this may be causing you. We thank you for your patience, and appreciate your understanding. Sincerely, Your Photobucket Support Team"

Thanks ldyjocelyn Just in the last hour I have been able to view images from Photobucket and all the photos I was upset about not being able to see were from that site. Even the clay comics in the media section of CV were from Photobucket.

But the Little Shop of Horrors photo posted last night which I could see was from broadwayworld.

I was cursing Windows and wondering why I hadn't shelled out the extra money to get an Apple computer this time but at least this got me to run anti-malware software of my whole computer and now I can be fairly sure that my computer isn't infected.

:bday:

Happy birthday Ansa. Don't have too much else to say right now. Trying to look online for a job for my daughter. But yay for OMWH getting to 26. I have much more hope that this cd will get airplay than ATDW's. Although I loved how he sounded on that one too, by this point I was already hoping for a new cd. This one still seems exciting to me and can't wait to hear these in concert.

And I can't get into the tempo discussions because as long as he sings pretty for me, I don't care what tempo it is.

Home from birthday supper...the family went to a pasta bar...and its really interesting how each of our pasta kinda reflects our personalities.

but haven;t really had much time for myself in the last week and summer is just starting...

miss y'all...miss not getting into the discussion...specially about the music. Will try to join in this weekend cos tomorrow need to be in school again...

Happy birthday Ansa!!!!

Cotton, here's a list of old Clay songs that are uptempo:

321948430.jpg

It's a CD I made ages ago that I called "Clay Rocks". But oops, I think maybe you were just looking to know which are the uptempo songs on OMWH.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks, anyhoo. I may grab that for another project!

No one has mentioned the lovely "I know, I know" part in Grace of God yet. He kills on those 4 words.

Yes! Yes! Kills!

I love them, too!

:clap:

Thank you all for the great upbeat/uptempo discussion - and I hope tomorrow to burn an abbreviated version of OMWH.

:)

Any news today?

Anything happen in Clayworld?

I know Raleigh can't have pups, but is Durham planning to sire a litter???

What?