#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

I see someone came with Alice's myspace page, and I was on my way here to post this beautiful photo rendition done by one and the same!! This page needs some purdy pitchers!! :D

Perfection88-Alyse.jpg

Just a quick couple of :hugs-1: to gbmifan and ldyj - I had a my mamms grammed last month and thankfully it was normal, but I'd put it off for 2-3 years, which is not a good idea! I also had arthoscopic surgery on my knee a few years back. It feels so much better after the surgery!

Just what is a Gold record exactly - I know - stupid question! Is that 100,000 sold? And platnium is 1 million?

Got to get to bed!! :goodnight::nightienight:

eta: forgot about the 6 song game.......

my non-Clay songs would be really hard to choose....

I love Paul McCartney's stuff like Hey Jude, Long and Winding Road, And I love her... I love George Martin's instrumental version of And I love Her that is in the A Hard Days Night soundtrack, so much so that I hit repeat on it a bunch of times. I love long songs like Layla from Eric Clapton and Suite: Judy Blue Eyes from CSN.

For Clay's songs I'd have to pick BOTW, Solitaire, DSIAFCD studio vesion. I wish he had a good studio version of Unchained Melody, his demo of it is too slow :( and his concert versions are unfortunately hard to find one where he hits the note exactly right!

But if I was asked again in a few days, this list would probably change!! Can't we have 6 of each category??? :kiss:

GOG, It is a happy song and it always throws me for a loop and stops me from singing with the woman who hanged her children, it is just a bit graphic for me.

HMmm, GOG sort of relates to me and knee surgery, doesn't it?

Whu? Huh?

Hanged her chirren? In GOG? I musta missed that part!!!

:blink:

How about HUNGRY CHILDREN??!!!

Not hanged her children!!

????

Play? Did you read the lyrics I posted, Hon???

Oops - I thought
I watched a mother on my TV

Hungry children that she can’t feed

was "hung her children that she can't feed"

Oh dear, bad eyes, bad ears - soon I will just be all bad.

Play :cryingwlaughter: Course you're not bad. Maybe I am cos I laughed out loud when this got cleared up. Had me searching for a minute there.......

{{{{gbmfan}}}}

Claytonic, the mind boggles at cases like the one in Bris with the twins. How can someone not have any concerns about those parents abilities or mental health or sobriety? There is help out there, the community health nurses are free and a godsend and full of info re: extra help etc. I have found myself thinking about those kids quite a bit the last few days....

Top 6? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Well, if you believed the counts on my iPod, they'd all be from ATDW. :cryingwlaughter: But that's cheating. And ATDW has had more time on there than others. OK, non-Clay first.

1. Beatles - Here Comes The Sun. this is the song that can pick me up when nothing else can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZtQh5EIgWQ

2. John Lennon - Oh My Love. I don't know what it is about this one, goes back to my teens when I first discovered it in some bad teenage movie and realized who was singing. I've loved John Lennon since. Here is a link to a bad quality vid on youtube:

3. Don Henley - Long Way Home. Wish I could find a link for it. Or a download. Haven't heard it in ages, it's on an old cassette somewhere.

Clay top 3. OMG. Kill me now why don't you.

1. Right Here Waiting - same reason as Here Comes The Sun. Has the effect of an upper on a bad day. No idea why. Heh, here is a Claynadian-centric montage on youtube:

2. Oh Holy Night, live from Minneapolis, mp3 by Lightnin'. I've loved this song my whole life, and searched for the perfect version for years. This is it. FLOVE the ending. Sorry, can't find an mp3 version (except on my iPod) but here is a link to the video file.

http://www.clackunlimited.com/clack/Concer...htnin_large.wmv

3. Everything I Don't Need. What can I say? Clay is my Elvis (heh) and this song explains why. I don't think I could live without it, at this point.

Korea checking in...From CV:

QUOTE(snowluv4 @ Jun 20 2008, 01:23 AM) *

News from Korea

6/21 is the 5th birthday of Korean internet fanclub! It was less than 500 people from the start and now it has around 12000 members.Can't believe it's already 5 years and I'm stuck by him!(I was just planning to casually listen to his music and be 'cool/casual' fan and what happened?Hellooo! hysterical.gif

It's not like he is 'megastar' here but it's great to more people get to know him and I'm happy with Sony/BMG Korea's promotion this time here.The PR guy joined our fanclub and it seems that they do their best in their own way under the limited budget and personnels-pay for CD arrangement in stores,small advertisement at online stores,arranging interviews with Clay,etc.

Unlike the US, we don't necessarily have 'add' kind of radio system here. If we request songs on radio program websites with our story(daily lives,birthday,anniversary,etc), they pick the story and play the requested songs so older songs are played as much as he current ones. And most of DJs are well respected singers ,actors or famous boyband members.Also overnight radio programs are listened by many(mostly late-teenagers and 20s).

Anyway there is an overnight radio program called 'Blue night by Alex'.(Alex is famous male vocal in the band 'Clazziquai' and currently became more popular because of the reality show so he has lots of female fans) I requested OMWH on the website and surprisingly they played the song.(It was the first song they played that day!)

(translation)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5bbrd4

*introductory comment*This is Blue night by Alex *plays OMWH* 6/17 Tuesday,it's Blue night by Alex, this is Mr.Al(his nickname).How are you? The first song was requested by (my name).It was 'On my way here', the single from Clay Aiken's new album out in May.Personally,my favorite singer from American Idol,Clay Aiken.

I heard that it is played 4-5 times a week(the most played pop song was played 17-20 times here.Radio mostly play Korean pop songs.So it's pretty good) but they usually introduces the song and that was it.I was excited that the song was played as the first song and the DJ who is hot right now complimented him!

:ruserious: 3 Clay songs? 3 Non-Clay songs?

Mad-ness!

I'm not playing any game that limits my musical choices. I'd rather get thrown overboard for being caught with contraband. I'm going to attempt to smuggle in my I-Pod.... well, OK, I'll limit it to my Shuffle. That's only 250 choices. And it's irritating that you can't select the song you want to hear - you get whatever it serves up. That's about as much musical deprivation as I think I could survive.

"I know, I know" from Grace of God - Best phrase on the whole CD, IMO. It sounds like conversation.

Can we nominate lyrics as a thread title?

I had to go digging through my old cd collection to remember some of my favorites. Although I really like the songs that all of you have mentioned so far. Couchie, Good News, when I saw that in Madison Square Garden I knew that Clay had some wonderful acting talent. It mesmerized me.

My Clay three that I really like because of the memories and the chills that I get from them:

1. Suspicious Minds - I thought that this was one song he outdid Elvis. Saw him sing this in person at GMA.

2. The Real Me- Oh man, what feelings I get listening to this song. Would have been perfect for a James Dean movie. Sensitive and revealing.

3. Invisible- An oldie bit goody. Always brings a smile to me and love Clay's face when he sings it.

Add every single song Clay ever did to that list.

My other three favorites:

1. Poveri flori from the opera Adrianna Lecouvreur- Only saw it once at the Met but it has remained my all time favorite opera.

2. Guantanamera- Celia Cruz- My favorite ever latin singer. She passed away last year, I think. Never saw her in person.

3. Miss Chatelaine- KD Lang- I remember first hearing her in the Olympics at Calgary, I thought she was a country singer. Saw her again on the Tonight Show with Roy Orbison. They sang a duet and blew me away. I've been a fan ever since.

I've discussed music with my sons since they were very small. I always had classical music and opera on when they were small. They evolved into their own quirky music styles. They both play instruments and sing. The oldest built an electic upright bass using hand tools. It resides in our garage. Now he plays a ukelele, a lot easier to carry around.

The youngest was in many bands since the age of 13 and was making it his career until his wife thought otherwise about it. He still has a publishing contract with Bugg Music but I don't think he has submitted any new songs for the last five years.

3 Clay songs

Solitaire (The version on AI#3. This will always be my favourite because this was my first glimpse of Clay performing.)

Unchained Melody (The way he did it on Idol.)

Bridge Over Troubled Water (The Art Garfunkle version used to be one of my all-time favourites anyway, now Clay's version is the best for me.)

3 non-Clay songs

Imagine (John Lennon.... I think the lyrics to this song will always be timeless, although possibly not applicable for life on a desert Island)

Cruisin' (Smokey Robinson blows me away)

La Vie en Rose (Edith Piaf. Beautiful love song by an amazing singer)

"I know, I know" from Grace of God - Best phrase on the whole CD, IMO. It sounds like conversation.

Can we nominate lyrics as a thread title?

Hey, LOVE that idea!

THREE songs? Three.......

Gonna have to think some, for both categories...

In the meantime, thought I'd show you a little of what I HAVE been working on...

(all clickable)

These will all be given to various fundraisers for BAF:

Celebration of inclusion:

th_BAFbangle.jpg

Christmas in the Heartland:

th_ChristmasintheHeartland2.jpg

Christmas in Mexico:

th_ChristmasinMexico.jpg

He blogged!

th_HeBlogged.jpg

Any more beaders in the crowd??

The slow build continues ....

On the AC chart this morning, Clay is at

#26 CLAY AIKEN On My Way Here

Spins This Week 121

Spins Last Week 100

Spincrease +21

Taking Off Chart - #8 (hey, one spin ahead of Coldplay)

Audience in Millions - 0.253

LEADERS:

WCDV-FM Baton Rouge 11

KMGA-FM Albuquerque 11

KUMU-FM Honolulu 10

WRAL-FM Raleigh 8

KBEZ-FM Tulsa 7

KKMY-FM Beaumont, TX 7

Regarding the Top 3 Clay and Non-Clay .... that's like asking me which one of my children is my favorite. If both categories were Top 30, maybe I could do it. Maybe. But even that would be a snapshot.

:manynanas: TGIF!!!! :manynanas:

Mad-ness!

I'm not playing any game that limits my musical choices. I'd rather get thrown overboard for being caught with contraband. I'm going to attempt to smuggle in my I-Pod.... well, OK, I'll limit it to my Shuffle. That's only 250 choices. And it's irritating that you can't select the song you want to hear - you get whatever it serves up. That's about as much musical deprivation as I think I could survive.

This is me. I KNOW one song that would be in my top 3 Clay songs - TOUCH!!!!!! See, I not only love this song, but it makes me giggle at how stubborn Clay is about not singing it. I never thought there was any deep reason he didn't. Just figured he didn't like it. But I swear the more fuss we made over it the more he dug his heels in. I still believe one day, waaaaaay down the line, when most have forgotten that the song exists, he will sing it!

But after TOUCH I don't know what I would pick. I can't even pick my top 3 songs on OMWH much less ever!

As for non-Clay songs - forget it!!! Too many I love. I am sure George would be there because he always is, but which one????

Can we just take 3 iPods instead????

Or one iPod filled with Clay and one with a mix???

Hell, forget. I ain't going to no stinking island if I have to make choices like that!!

Unfortunately, I do have to go to work where its the land of NO music!

ETA: You go OMWH!!!!! I think it can! I think it can!

OK, I slept on the 3 Clay/3 non-Clay songs thing and I was actually able to narrow it down! :D

For all of about 5 minutes... <_<

My lists, subject to change as other songs come to mind, pop up on my iPod and/or I read other people's lists!

Clay:

All Is Well - I really struggled between AIW and GN. If I had to pick a version I guess it would have to be Merrillville '06 because I was there.

Lover All Alone - Studion version because I haven't listened to all of the concert versions to hear which one I like best.

Something About Us - AOL Sessions version. I've already married it & we're working on babies. I reserve the right to move on to another version if he sings this one on the next tour.

Non-Clay:

A Song For You - I've got several versions of this one. I think my favorite is by Karen Carpenter.

In My Life - The Beatles, although I've also got Bette Midler's version.

Time In A Bottle - Jim Croce. I've still got my mom's original 45 of this song. I used to play it over & over & over on my little Mickey Mouse record player!

Can I get a Brother Maynard-worthy AMEN! to CG's TGIF!!!! post!

And for OMWH - - -

:cheerleader:

:cheerleader:I think it can! I think it can!! I think it can!!! :cheerleader:

:cheerleader:

Oh my gosh! Three favorite songs? Tough one Miss Scarlett. It's like asking me to take three potato chips out of the bag, then put the rest in the cupboard. But....in the non-Clay category I'm going to say Paul Simon's "You Can Call Me, Al"..that for some reason is my most favorite song ever. Go figure. So that one was easy. The other two are tough but I'll go with "Brown Eyed Girl" and "Up the Lazy River.".......or "At Seventeen." I don't know!! I'm taking four due to time zone differences. :D

Clay songs? I'm awfully partial to "Broken Wings", so that's go to be one. Then I guess "Forget I Ever Knew You" and "Tears Run Dry."

That was hard. I reserve the right to come back in ten minutes and change them all.

This is me. I KNOW one song that would be in my top 3 Clay songs - TOUCH!!!!!! See, I not only love this song, but it makes me giggle at how stubborn Clay is about not singing it. I never thought there was any deep reason he didn't. Just figured he didn't like it. But I swear the more fuss we made over it the more he dug his heels in. I still believe one day, waaaaaay down the line, when most have forgotten that the song exists, he will sing it!

Yep, claygasm, I think this is absolutely why he won't sing it. He doesn't like the song but holdin' back that little sumthin' sumthin' is just too much damn fun. I'd bet he'll sing it one day, too, when no one is asking for it anymore. Here comes one Touch right upside the head when we aren't looking. In the meantime, it's kind of fun for me to watch him watch us stew. That would be one first concert I would be so upset to miss!

A belated Happy Birthday to, ansa!! :fest09:

Good news today! The boat with our stuff (that was packed and taken away on February 26th) docked in Turkey yesterday. I might actually have some summer clothes before I go back home on the 7th....um.....maybe not. It still has to get here through the mountains and be picked over by customs. Anyway, finally have some concrete news. When I called to check on it last week with the local agent, she said...."Oh, I'm sure it's on its way." :excuseme:

You're welcome, claytonic. Thanks for bringing over a YouTube - I don't have time (or computer screen space/speaker ability) here at work to find them. And guess what? I also love La Vie en Rose by Edith Piaf and have it on my iPod! Really is a small world, eh? :)

Beautiful bracelets, FromClaygary! :clap:

It's so fun to read the posts about favorite songs, both Clay and non-Clay! I have to run off to work, so won't have time to put my choices down. Gosh, I'm not even sure I CAN narrow it down. That's gonna be rilly tough.

I love the bracelets, Claygary!

Muttering darkly about so-called "cheating"...they have no proof! None! BWAH HA HA HA HA!

With KF on this one - if I had more than one child...

but here goes....

Clay:

1) I Survived You - Houston, 2004 - hell, three-quarters of the Solo Tour - that's MY glory note. Mine, I tell you! Mine, MINE, MINE!

2) As Long As We're Here - and Broken Wings, dammit. I need my Celtic Clay! Need it! I've got a spork and am willing to use it! Man, this is just pretty. So very pretty. Pretty.

3) To Love Somebody - The only true and deep disappointment I had in Clay's career was that this wasn't on MOAM. Robin Gibb simply saying "This is the way the song ought to be sung". He's sung differently, but never better. KAndre's primitive hindbrain is throwing a complete and total temper tantrum, screaming about Vincent and Tears Run Dry and Don't Save It All for Christmas Day and Without You (with KLo) and My Grown-Up Christmas List and Perfect Day and When A Man Loves A Woman and Rosanna and When You Say You Love Me and when it takes a breath, KAndre's forebrain moves on to the second half of the project.

NonClay (I think these choice probably give people the best glimpse into my musical tastes and why I put more explanation in them):

1) Unchained Melody/Senza Catene by the

and Amici Forever - same song! Counts as ONE! HA HA! Ah hem. Clay is freakishly good at this. Freakishly. But for me, this is Bobby Hatfield's song. Period. But when Amici Forever goes into what I think is a descant, it makes my heart stop. I played this for my U2 lovin' friend (who is so not into classical music) and simply watched the tears roll down her face - and it's not like either of us speak Italian.

2) I Will Always Love You - both Whitney's and

- Again! The same song! Counts as ONE! HA HA! Pardon. Bucking the trend in the fandom a little - Whitney's version is my favorite. One of the things that used to piss me off occasionally is that people would bitch about Whitney just ruined the song and how over the top it was and acted like the whole song was that one glory note section and Whitney was some kind limited singer - hell, it's like they never actually listened to her performance. There's a reason this is her signature performance. That millions had to own it. You name it, she does it in the song, acapella, straight held notes, vibrato, melisma, softly, projecting, totally controlled. She recorded it live. Not a pro tool to be seen. The first take was the one they used. After 16 years, if I hear it on the radio, I will stop to listen to it. Dolly wrote a fuckin' GREAT song. And I first fell in love with it in "Best Little Whorehouse in Texas". (What can I say? Loved Burt Reynolds in the day.) One of the few I actually paid attention to the lyrics. And her version is totally heartfelt. And Dolly has a pretty damn good voice and and she uses all of it to her best advantage. But Whitney's version is just superlative.

3) Someday We'll Be Together - To me, simply the ultimate Supremes song and a synopsis of Motown. And so sad and ironic that this was their last #1 hit. But frankly, one of fellow survivors or astronauts or whoever the hell is with me is getting tossed off in favor of everything from Motown.

I was as nice as long as I could be.

KAndre's primitive hindbrain has gotten it's second wind, and is flinging neurons around, howling about Mandy and Scarborogh Fair and Sukiyaki (all THREE versions) and Sugar, Sugar and Lean On Me and Stand By Me and O Happy Day and The Impossible Dream and Lead Me One and KAndre just listens to it list a few thousand of her favorite songs...

With every list I go..hmm yeah that's my favorite song too..but especially Suspicious Minds. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Don't think I've ever heard the Elvis version so to me..this is a Clay song...as they all are.

KAndre you cheated. See I wanted to put down Hannah and The Prayer as one of my non Clay songs but I resisted heee.

TGIF

And tonight I'll be going to see my Alex in some kinds of Wizard of Oz Dance thingie... The costumes sure look darn professional.

So if I commit to go to this wedding in some Carribbean island I've never heard of next May... clay won't be touring right? Those in New York with me will understand..but I think I should have just gone to visit while I had the chance. But I couldn't give up one of my spam shows... and now Scarlett wants us to pick 3 Clay songs? The world has gone crazy.

THREE songs? Three.......

Gonna have to think some, for both categories...

In the meantime, thought I'd show you a little of what I HAVE been working on...

(all clickable)

These will all be given to various fundraisers for BAF:

Celebration of inclusion:

th_BAFbangle.jpg

Christmas in the Heartland:

th_ChristmasintheHeartland2.jpg

Christmas in Mexico:

th_ChristmasinMexico.jpg

He blogged!

th_HeBlogged.jpg

Any more beaders in the crowd??

FromClaygary... those are gorgeous!!! Love the Blogged one... how is that one done? That one ought to bring a pretty penny for BAF! How do you bid? Or, do you just put a price on them? Splain, please! Thanks!!!

I'll play the song game later, as I have to go listen to a couple of cd's to remember which song was my favorite in the non-Clay category since he's all I've listened to in 5 years... I did have favorites before him, but I only remember cd's now, not which song I kept hitting repeat on 87 times.

Suddenly Seymour

Ooooh....Grace of God!! I really like this song and always smile when it comes up in rotation. This is a song that I thinks really benefits from playing it in the car with the volume turned WAY up. There is a lot going on in the song that isn't immediately apparent at regular volume.

THEN, they must have had a microphone this.close to the neck of the steel-string guitar player's fretboard, because you can hear the little "zing" noises as he slides his fingers to change chords. I LOVE hearing that. It just screams "real instruments being played here". You don't hear that in pop albums much any more. There's also a lot of other cool stuff going on with different percussion effects. The percussion people in an orchestra always seem like they are having a really good time with sand blocks and tapping on wooden blocks and stuff and I like all the different things they utilize in this song. The only thing that sticks out to me about this song is that he ends the last note so quickly. I expect it to be held out longer. Not a biggie. "I know, I know" is my favorite part too.

I actually like the fact that they didn't make this song really ponderous, and that Clay does not sing it in an overly dramatic way. To me, it sort of promotes an attitude of gratitude and the importance of putting the problems of our own lives in perspective. It seems it is trying to point out that it is possible to notice what is going on around us and maybe make reflecting on what we might be able to do a normal part of life. Clay has said from Day One when he completed his AI finalist questionnaire that he thought the influence that came with celebrity was the most important thing, and that more than anything he wanted to make a difference. I think he considers ways to do that on a very consistent basis, and he has been instrumental in raising my own awareness of opportunities to do the same.

It's VERY singable. It makes a good sing-along song. Good earworm potential.

"The Lollypop Song". He started singing "Lollypop, lollypop, oh lolly, lolly..." from the immortal 60s song by the Chordettes. I love him.

Wow. This is REALLY long. Many thanks to those who kept reading.

Not too long! And I loved reading it!

How exciting for you and DS! I can't believe it took so long!

Thank you! I've been meaning to comment on the fret slides! I love that they didn't "protool" the "real music" out!

Mad-ness!

Indeed!

I just love reading all the music discussion here!

Love it!

Just wish I remembered more from those long gone days when I was actually - like - you know - involved with music.

Church choirs, piano lessons and recitals, band practice, little theater.

Little theater came along in my adult life. All the rest I let go wa-a-ay too soon. I had the chance to major in music. There were obstacles and I let them stop me.

Sad, ain't it?

Will NEVER understand why Buble and Groban are acceptable but Aiken isn't! One of life's mysterys.

My theories - Buble and Groban are pretty much bland and boring.

Buble and Groban pretty much stay in their safe predictable boxes.

Buble and Groban likely never get asked the questions which bring the snapped responses.

Buble and Groban would prolly have to PAY to become controversial.

Clay was on American idol, in front of millions and millions of people, for months. the Clay/Ruben thing was a sure-fire go-to hit for the entertainment shows. Both the fans and the media had an unprecedented chance to root around in Clay's life - and they took it, gleefully.

A mention of Clay guarantees mucho hits, mucho comments, mucho attention. He is interesting and polarising.

One is not actually required or even find it necessary to have an opinion about Buble or Groban - good voices, vaguely pleasant personalities, safe songs that you have prolly heard before from dozens of other singers.

I believe Clay was just caught in the middle of a perfect storm of media. It amazes me still that people feel they need to express their views on him - no one talks about Groban or Buble except to say if they like them, and their names really don't pop up in the media very often, they don't do anything that can be spun out of control.

Favorite songs -this morning, anyway...

1. The Mary Did You Know/All Is Well/Good News medley. Shut up.

2. Invisible - same reasons as Fear has.

3. Lover All Alone

Others

1. Nessun Dorma - Paul Potts is my favorite for this right now, but I like other singers too

2. Cancao do Mar - Dulce Pontes

3. Blue - Lucinda Williams (really, I would have to squish a lot of Lucinda's songs together, hard to pick just one)

4. - just in case - that Christmas song by Bony M, it is a happy happy song!

Claygary!!!! Beautiful bracelets!!!!!!!!!! Do you sell them anywhere? Am I allowed to ask?

QUOTE(annabear @ Jun 20 2008, 08:17 AM)

Time In A Bottle - Jim Croce. I've still got my mom's original 45 of this song. I used to play it over & over & over on my little Mickey Mouse record player

Oh dear. Croce was in the same National Guard unit as my fiance and used to play at our parties, with his little band, for beer and the chance to meet girls. I will hobble off to the store now.

Cheated? Cheated how? I have an affadavit (that I wrote up myself so you know it's good!) saying that within the parameters of the original query, it's all good!

What do you do if you forgot really one of your all-time favorites???? Roberta Flack's The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face? And Invisible. :cry4: I want more chances than 3. It's impossible. And Nessum Dorma. And Suspicious Minds? Scarlett - can't your Sweet Babbooo have more than 3 choices?

djs111 - WORD to your entire post in response to my question. And then the cutesingerman starts getting snappish with the media, the gay rumors are escalated because of the name-that-will-not-be-mentioned and some (I swear) nefarious plot by unknowns to discredit him, he totally shuts up about his private life giving the media a field-day to make up sensationalistic stories...................and.........here we are. But Lord & Taylor, is there a more interesting man??? Plus I don't think there's a Buble or Groban song that Clay couldn't sing - and sing pretty well, if not great!

Off to clean - next batch of company arrives in 4 hours!

Lover All Alone

Mary Did You Know

If You Don’t Know Me By Now

and since I don’t have any favorite non-Clay songs, I am going to cheat and add 3 more..... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Broken Wings

I Know How The River Feels

Blood Will Never Lose It’s Power