#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Well, I'm apparently one of those poor souls who can't view xvids (I got the audio, but no video), so instead I'll share these.

000_0100.jpg000_0035-1.jpg

The ones on the left are the two we aquired last year- Isabelle on the left and Charlotte on the right. The picture on the right is Shadow, who is now almost three years old. I can't find my camera to take a picture of the new little one, but he's a cutie. My son is calling him R.J. right now (for Ryan Jr.) The other cats are not being particularly hospitable to him, but he's quite happy to run around and explore.

Clay content- I hope he never sees these pictures! :cryingwlaughter:

Where is everybody?

Did y'all start a party in another thread and forget to tell me???!!!

Did Clay show up somewhere and y'all all rushed out to go wave at him???

:cryingwlaughter:

ETA:

I have videolan - but when I tried to get to the xvids it wanted me to upgrade Quicktime! :blink:

Please share pictures, and let us know how the "adjustement" goes!

You want pictures of Clay's adjustment? Here ya go! :lilredani:

crotchgraboops.jpg

adjustment.jpg:hubbahubba:

And crap! I can't find that great Clay adjustment pic that was one of these:

CAiken051107_1cr.jpg

Anybody have that one?

:whistling-1:

Just spent another full day watching softball...we ended up in the semi-finals but lost horrifically to a much better team. However, Carrie was a freakin' ANIMAL on the pitcher's mound this whole weekend! Too bad she didn't have any defense behind her to help out... :glare:

Now I have to go out with Alex. She's nervous because she takes her driving test tomorrow. (The road test.) So she wants to practice more... :rolleyes:

What I really want to do, though, is take a shower and then drink a couple of very cold beers. :praying:

Oh, and laljeterfan....I'm not going to show those pics of the cute kitties to my girls. We were going to adopt an adult cat from an animal shelter until Carrie pulled this latest STUNT of IRRESPONSIBILITY and DISRESPECT...so, no cat for the Muski family. My hat's off to you, though, for choosing kittens. They're as much work as babies, for crying out loud! :cryingwlaughter:

Aww - cute kitties, lal. :)

Here are my furbabies:

Gabby - She's around 10-11. I got her from the Humane Society when she was about 5. I had gone into the pet store just to pick up a bag of cat food....

DSC00668.jpg

Gidget - She's a little over 2 now and was the first kitten I've had in about 15 years. I don't think I can go through another kitten-hood! :wacko: She was (still is!) a WILD one!

DSC00593-1.jpg

And the view I often see when I look behind me while sitting at the computer:

DSC00663.jpg

Gidget loves her cat tree and she likes to use the chair back as a latter to get up there & keep an eye on me. :cryingwlaughter:

ducktape.gif

I'm kidding! Let me down! Let me DOWN! LET ME DOWN!!!!

Too cute!

Does the duck work at the YMCA??

*g*

Hee! I see a resemblance...

taped.jpg

Awwww, I love furbaby pictures! They are all so cute...and it totally broke my heart when I found out that Clay HATES cats. So very sad about that. Anyway, I'm sure I've posted these pictures of our two kitties before, but I don't care!

This one is Spot:

DSC01616.jpg

And this is Quincy:

DSC01617.jpg

They are brother and sister...

I'll post the next song for Song of the Day tomorrow morning....

Ohhhhhhhhhhh - we're posting furbrat pictures.

This is Benjamin - a Blue-point Siamese.

019_16A.jpg

And this is Miss Charlotte Rose - a Lynx-point Siamese.

018_15A.jpg

The hearth she's laying on is the old fireplace that had to be completely replaced in October,2007. There is now tile on the floor and a wood-burning stove.

I think the reason Warners is always mentioned as a possible label for Clay is that David Foster is or was a Sr. VP there. In fact, I believe Clay even addressed that one time in an interview or something when asked if David would produce a CD or whatever and he said no, that they work for separate

labels.

Scarlett - I'm glad you came to an appreciation of LAA. And I think this is so true of many of Clay's songs. What you don't like today you fall in love with tomorrow. I'm still not on the GOG train though.......

Annabear - that last kitty picture of the furry mug was adorable!!!!

Fur babies? Are we sharing our fur babies?

Here's mine - named after Clay! Is name is WALDO!

DSCF1415.jpg

He is my first cat ever. I was always a dog person, but after my beloved Max died, I knew I couldn't have another dog. I'm just not home enough. Plus, I figured I wouldn't get as attached to a cat.

Boy was I wrong about that!

I'll have had him him 3 years in September. I keep thinking of getting him a friend, but I am not sure how he would like that. Plus, my tiny home is wall to wall cat hair as it is!

Do 3 year old perfectly spoiled cats even want to have a friend??

Love all of your pictures of your precious kitties. I think cats are adorable but I am unable to own or go by them. My allergy is so severe that if I enter a home and do not know there is a cat my roof of my mouth starts itching within 5 minutes, then my eyes start itching, and soon my asthma starts in full force. If I go to a meeting or dinner at a home with a cat I can take an antihistamine and last almost two hours. This year I went and visited my SIL and knew she had a cat. Made it through short visits in the house but had to sleep in another house. This allergy is a real pain because several of my friends have cats. My allergy did not start till I was around 24. We had a cat during my senior year in HS and when I was in college.

I'm loving all the furbaby pics! They're all sooooo cute!

Iseeme, seeing your Siamese reminded me of a friend I had growing up. Her mom raised Seal points.

My experience with bringing in new cats has been mixed. I had one (my poor Abigail, who developed diabetese and died in 2005 at age 14)

Abbie092504.jpg

who never get along with other cats - at.all. Then I've had others who tolerate each other fine.

I originally got Gidget with the idea that Gabby might be lonely since she had been living in a home with other cats... I think Gabby's initial reaction to Gidget was, "WTF?!" But that could have been the age difference. They get along OK now. Occasional sibling rivalry.

Waldo, huh? :cryingwlaughter:

Oh wow! That LAL is just fabulous in XviD. Thank you Scarlett. I did have a hard time concentrating on the words though...there was that bead of sweat on his neck that was so fascinating!!!

I love Xvid it is just so clear and crisp.

I really like LAL. It has always been one of my favourites but today I just read the words out loud as if it was a poem and wow the feeling of it being so personal to him just hit me like a ton of bricks.

I love kitty cats too and it is almost a year since mine died after 23 years. I still miss her and I don't think I could possibly have another one or I should say let another one have me.

I am not allergic to cats but I am allergic to cherries! So no Ranier thingies for me. I love them too, such a pity!

ETA:

My cat was the most lovable cat there ever was until I tried to bring another one into the house. She went absolutely beserk! Started clawing at the box, hissing and snarling. It was very clear there was no way she would have any other cat around. I honestly feared for the other one. The minute the cat was gone she was the same lovable creature.

Claygasm.....Waldo is ummmmmmmmm.............welll.............verra verra handsome!!! :whistling-1:

I, too, have cat fur from here to hell and back. I have one of those bagless vacuum cleaners and it just stuns me when I vacuum nearly every other day and the canister is FULL of cat hair. Ick. My son is dropping off his Labrador next weekend while they go on vacation. 95 lbs. of yellow dog spreading even MORE fur throughout the house.

This is Lacey:

DSC00028.jpg

And the tile is where the old fireplace used to be and before the new stove was installed.

gbmifan - I'm so sorry you're so allergic! I have a couple of friends with the same issue and they can't visit me here anymore.

Boy, that'll teach me to go out of town for four days.... whew! Took me forever to catch up... it was like 22 pages and too much good stuff to skip!

{{{{ldyj}}}} on your knee and glad you have a diagnosis so you can decide what you need to do for make it better... and thanks for posting the Betty897X wallpapers! I've been right clicking and saving each one! They are really very nice!

{{{{gbmifan}}}} hang in there... good thoughts and prayers coming your way!

Ansa - Happy Birthday late!

3 on 3.... nope, too hard. I can't decide what to have for dinner most days - no way I can pick just three songs for each... but I did see some good choices by others!

{{{{muski}}}} glad you found Carrie and that things are being worked out!

Grace of God - one of my favorites - I never skip it and often hit repeat...

and I've promptly forgotten what the other ones were... heh.

So this weekend, my hubby and I were at the Miss Wisconsin Pageant (sorry to those who hate Miss America stuff) but the emcee was Miss Colorado 1987 (La Tanya Hall and damn she looked goooood for being Miss Colorado 21 years ago!). Anyway, she's been off in NYC doing her thing (including a couple episodes recurring role in Law and Order, is touring with someone who's name I forget but this person will be on Jay Leno on 7/7 so she asked us to watch...) anyway, she mentioned last night that she got signed by a major record label (didn't say which one) but her cd, which is coming out this fall, is going to be.... drumroll.... big band classics.... heh. It made me chuckle... but I will say, fabulous voice, deep, smoky, very nice... I suspect she'll sound great... but the classics made me chuckle and think of Clive. :imgtongue:

taped.jpg

Am I the only one who has noticed that this picture might just very well be our FIRST Waldo sighting?

Why yes...after two full days of watching 12 and 13 year olds playing softball in the blazing sun, I DO want to be smutty and juvenile over pictures of one very hawt red-headed, freckle-faced, well-endowed incomparably sublime singerman! :hubbahubba:

Why do you ask? :lilredani:

I love kitty cats too and it is almost a year since mine died after 23 years. I still miss her and I don't think I could possibly have another one or I should say let another one have me.

{{{merrieeee}}} I know what you mean. I had a terrible time when Abigail died. I'd had her since high school and she'd been my roomie through college, first job, moving away from home, etc. She'd mellowed out as she got older, was much more huggable and loved to "talk" with me when I got home at night. It was so strange to come home to an empty apartment.

ETA: Bwah! Leave it to muski! The only thing I noticed was that the boy was wearing yellow overalls. Bright yellow overalls! :cryingwlaughter:

I got Benjamin when he was 6 months old and had been in a shelter in quarantine because of ear mites, worms and any other cat disorder you can think of. He had come from a kitten farm and wasn't perfect so they nearly killed him before he was rescued. He was starved for attention and bonded to me immediately. I adopted Charlotte Rose about 6 weeks later and the poor little thing had to live under a chair for a couple of weeks with Benjie sitting in front of it just waiting for her to come so he could bite her. I had to lock him up to feed her and let her use the litter box. Now she takes his bullying only so long, turns on him, brings him down and bites him until he squeals.....and she weighs 6 lbs less than he does. I always say "you go girl!!!!" It's hard to say what a cat will do when you bring a new one into the home - if its a kitten you have to make sure it can get away from the older cat until they make peace. I've also heard that if you already have a male, bring a female home and likewise. Not totally sure why though unless it's a territorial thing! The granddog tolerates both cats but she and Benjie have a dislike for each other from the time they met and Benjie ran from her. The dog was like "game on!" and went after him. Now they co-exist but Benj takes a swipe at Lacey's nose from time to time. Charlotte, however, is not dumb. This past winter she slept with the dog, curled up against her tummy, completely comfie and toasty warm! She spent 15 minutes (we timed her) cleaning Lacey's paw one time. Hysterically funny. That was one big paw and one tired tongue when she was satisfied it was clean.

Do we need a pretty?

golf6.png

Well Muski, now that you mention it. I wonder who was wielding the tape......I mean you'd have to be careful to skirt the issue and all.....

Waldo, huh? :cryingwlaughter:

Well, I thought of it because when I first got him he was always disappearing and I thought of "Where's Waldo". Then I thought Waldo would be a good name. Then I thought I couldn't! Then I consulted muski about it. She helped me see how much fun it would be to be able to say things like "I'm sitting here stroking Waldo"! :naughtywag:

And the rest, as they say, is history!

Claygasm.....Waldo is ummmmmmmmm.............welll.............verra verra handsome!!! :whistling-1:

Who don't know that!!

Oh, you mean my cat! Yeah, he's handsome too! :whistling-1:

And crap! I can't find that great Clay adjustment pic that was one of these:

CAiken051107_1cr.jpg

Anybody have that one?

You mean this one?

CAiken051107_2.jpg

Love all the furbaby pictures. Here's another one of my Charlotte, laying in one of her favorite spots....

000_0107.jpg

As for bringing in new cats to a household- I think it is an individual thing with each cat. It depends on their temperament. Shadow wasn't thrilled when we bought the two new kittens home last year, but now he gets along famously with them- particularly Charlotte, who likes to lay with him. They sit and groom each other- it's quite cute. Right now, none of them are happy with the newcomer. He will sleep in the master bathroom for a while until he gets bigger, and the other cats adjust to him. Since my son is now out of school, he can supervise them during the day.

Oh, well of course, you consulted muski, CG! :cryingwlaughter: I love it! Hee!

Droopy & Lacey are cute, too! I'd love to have a dog again, but 2 cats in an apartment is my limit. No doggie until I have a condo/house with a little more space and a yard.

All I know about cats is that they seem to find me tasty (according to KAndre).

As for naming friends, I stayed over at a friend's house last weekend and I now know exactly what to do to make her rush out the front door in whatever she happened to be wearing (or not) at the time and run down the street yelling at the top of her lungs, "Aiken, Aiken, come back!!!" Of course I won't actually do this since I plan to stay with her again in the future but it's a nice thought. BTW, Aiken is a full-grown dobermann.

{{{merrieeee}}} I miss her too!

I added the Merrillville mp4 to this folder.

The Syracuse LAA mp4 is here, though I think the real value of the Syracuse vid was the HD stubble & beads of sweat (can't believe I'm saying this) shots which won't translate well into mp4.

I'm also uploading the BYLM+Banter from Syracuse (since it was on the same tape) and that will run for about 20 mins for both the XviD and the mp4. I'll update this post when I see that things are done. BTW, it's the banter part that's good on this clip; for BYLM, we wer too close to the stage so at times he'd disappear and other times we'd only get the waist-down shots. (course there are people who would appreciate those!) --> DONE!

For now, only the Merrillville folder and the LAA files from Syracuse are complete. I'll update when Syracuse BYLM is done.

ETA: All the files in the Merrillville and Syracuse folders are complete.

All I know about cats is that they seem to find me tasty (according to KAndre).

As for naming friends, I stayed over at a friend's house last weekend and I now know exactly what to do to make her rush out the front door in whatever she happened to be wearing (or not) at the time and run down the street yelling at the top of her lungs, "Aiken, Aiken, come back!!!" Of course I won't actually do this since I plan to stay with her again in the future but it's a nice thought. BTW, Aiken is a full-grown dobermann.

:cryingwlaughter: :cryingwlaughter:

Ok, I am bummed because tomorrow is Monday and that means the start of yet another long work week.

I need to win the lottery so I can be independently wealthy and live in the style in which I want to become accustom!