#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

Hee, CG!!!

On another topic, I haven't been venturing out from FCA much because hey, my time on the boards is fun time and I know where I can get mine! However, I only just found out today while talking to people over the phone that it's pretty bad out there. I'm generally unaware of this because the people I hang with are the easy ones -- if there's a concert we'll go, if there's stuff to buy we will but anything else is too much work and unless we're getting paid to do it, we're not going to budge. However, there are people out there who are neither famewhores nor troublemakers nor trolls nor constant worrywarts, but are not having an easy time processing the current news or non-news (IIT, IIU, and all that). Is there something we can or should do? Or should I forget it and just enjoy what we have here?

Scarlett - I'm not sure there's anything anyone can do - other than Clay speaking out on any number of topics, and that ain't happening probably. People get caught up in rumors and worries and "crowd mentality" on certain subjects and I don't know that you can change their minds. I think many of us have had hard times dealing with news or lack of news but manage to work through it and find a happy place again. I'm firmly convinced that there are some in the fandom that enjoy the hell out of being morose and poopy-faced! It's almost like a way of life to have something to complain about or be upset and angry about. It's pretty much wasted energy though because it is what it is!!! None of us have control over anything relative to Clay and his career and absolutely NOTHING with regards to his private life. You can be concerned, you can care, you can worry - but letting it alter your life and make you unhappy is almost like being wrapped a little too tight! Or perhaps some of these people's lives revolve around Clay and his life! That is sad. I've read where people are leaving him and feeling he's misled them, etc. i'm sorry but that's just ridiculous on all counts IMO. Buh-bye......adios. And quite frankly, good riddance!!!! Yes I was pretty upset when I heard the news or non-news because it was such a shock. I'm still shocked. But......I haven't missed a meal, missed sleep, locked myself in the bathroom to pout, or any other behavior that's ludicrous....(at least about IIT or IINT)

Clay will re-emerge one of these days and there will be something(s) to look forward to again. And the tide will turn like it always does.

For me, the best thing to do is to stay right here!!!!

I had one cat (beautiful silvery tiger named Grubby) for several years. He was homeless and sat outside my window every day for weeks before I adopted him. After he and I moved to Nashville and had been there for a few years, a guy at my office asked me if I could take another abandoned cat who was also male and about 4 months old. I said sure, even though I wasn't sure about having two males. Well, of course, Grubby was very unhappy. I kept the new kitty, Cricket, in the bathroom when I wasn't home, and slowly introduced the two to each other. They got to know each other under the bathroom door during the day. I would say I kept them separated when I was gone for about two weeks - until they behaved around each other at night when I was there. Grubby did accept and even like Cricket after a while - mainly because Grubby was alpha and Cricket was happily NOT. <g>

After a few years, a guy in the office brought in a whole box of kittens who were so small they would fit in the palm of your hand. He found them in a box on the side of the road (HATE people who do that). I took one of the girls - a half siamese who I named Sydney after Sydney in Alias - boy has she lived up to that name. <g> I followed the same process with her, but she was accepted much more quickly mainly because Cricket loves company and she is a girl. Grubby would let Sydney bathe his head for a few minutes without doing anything. Cricket will take if forever - Sydney has a lot of mommy tendencies. When Sydney was still really young, Grubby got very sick with cancer and had to be put down. Cricket actually grieved for about two weeks (longer than me even, unless he was picking up on my subconscious). It hurt to watch him look for Grubby around the house. He would walk around crying. I thank god I had Sydney because she was too little to know what was going on and she played with Cricket.

I love furbabies.

Hee, CG!!!

On another topic, I haven't been venturing out from FCA much because hey, my time on the boards is fun time and I know where I can get mine! However, I only just found out today while talking to people over the phone that it's pretty bad out there. I'm generally unaware of this because the people I hang with are the easy ones -- if there's a concert we'll go, if there's stuff to buy we will but anything else is too much work and unless we're getting paid to do it, we're not going to budge. However, there are people out there who are neither famewhores nor troublemakers nor trolls nor constant worrywarts, but are not having an easy time processing the current news or non-news (IIT, IIU, and all that). Is there something we can or should do? Or should I forget it and just enjoy what we have here?

I vote for forget it and just enjoy what we have here!

Seriously. I made the mistake tonight of venturing out for a brief moment, read a couple of posts, thought :Ahh: :fssign: :ohthedrama: and came back here. As many here might remember, I was one who was having a very hard time processing the news/non-news. I mean a REALLY, REALLY hard time! So hard I was worried about myself!!!! Staying off the boards and lurking the time that I did really helped me put things in perspective for me - that and venting to friends (muski, Iseeme, couchie, anyone else who would listen! :F_05BL17blowkiss:). I needed to put some distance between me and my fandom. I changed my desktop wallpaper and the picture I had on my cell phone and it felt good to do that. I just needed to step back. My reaction took me by surprise and I just had to deal with it in my own way.

Now I am ok - as long as I don't read too much about the rumor-that-shall-not-be-named. And that is why I won't venture out again. There really is nothing you can do to try and change how they're dealing with this. They will have to find their own place of peace about this in their own way. So you may as well forget it and enjoy what you have here.

Hey Scarlett,

I know just what you are talking about. Last weekend I had a lot of time and decided to venture to other boards. I was shocked to see fans talking about finally leaving the fandom and using words such as that this had become a circus, scandal after scandal, and that the current news was MichaelJacksonish. Some even said that for the past five years it had been a circus, and they could not handle it anymore. There was a lot of harsh language coming from longtime fans about something that has not even been confirmed by the people involved. I never knew that there were so many judgmental people in the Clay Nation.

I do not see that there is anything that any of us can do. People have to deal in their own way. I definitely think we should just enjoy what we have here. It does bother me that Clay appears to be loosing longtime fans, but what can we do? The thought did occur to me that maybe Clay had not fulfilled their dreams of super stardom for him, and that they were using the latest new as an excuse to jump ship.

You know - it doesn't bother me that he's losing long-time fans as much as the fact that people are so freakin' fickle!!! Some of the people who are whining the loudest have also whined about everything else that wasn't just perfect. Some of them haven't been satisfied since MOAM. Many of them never listen to what Clay says.....his last blog is a perfect example! The man could NOT have been clearer in his message and yet not 15 minutes later some of the usual suspects were saying he was forced to blog that, he didn't really know what was going on, he was willing to settle for mediocre publicity and on and on and on.....again because what he said is NOT what they wanted to hear from him.

Do I want him to be the father of Jayme's baby? OH HELL NO. But only - as I've stated many times on this board - because MY dream for him was different. I don't know Clay Aiken personally to know what HIS dream for his life is. I only know those little bits and pieces he's revealed to me and how I've interpreted them. But my interpretation isn't necessarily his reality!!! I found my happy place by realizing that IIT, Clay is happy about it or it wouldn't have happened. It honest-to-God would NOT have happened. I don't believe for a nanosecond that Jaymes could have talked him in to doing this, or that he's being a good buddy to her or any of the other IMO lame rationalizations. IIT, Clay wanted to do this. And I believe it was well thought out and planned and that IIT he's over the moon about having a child. I have even gone on record - and got tomatoed for it - as saying I would be unhappy if he wasn't a hands-on Daddy to this child. Clay raising a child bi-coastally doesn't resonate well with me.......for MY reasons. But I finally had to admit that he's a full-grown adult male with better than average people skills, intelligence, love and a very strong faith - and IIT he will make it work. You have no idea how it pains me to admit that - but admit it I am. And that's how I found my own happy place with this. Because I still love him and I still get chills when I hear him sing and some of my funnest times have been watching and hearing him in concert. I don't want to lose that by being bitter about his life choices and second-guessing his decisions.

So - to each his own. If long-time fans leave - IMO they weren't real fans of the man to begin with.

The man could NOT have been clearer in his message and yet not 15 minutes later some of the usual suspects were saying he was forced to blog that, he didn't really know what was going on, he was willing to settle for mediocre publicity and on and on and on.....again because what he said is NOT what they wanted to hear from him.

:cryingwlaughter: Even if the blog subject had been "STFU, <insert name>" the person(s) concerned wouldn't have listened anyway!

Nitey-nite, y'all!

:couch1:

Geesh... I go away for the weekend and it takes me 4 hours to catch up! :F_05BL17blowkiss: I loved the YouTube gardens you all planted... that was fun!

This is a question for those of you who think the Orlando IWTKWLI is the best one ... and it is great .... and I do love the heartache and pain references and the cute way they were playing in this song .... but have you seen the West Palm Beach version lately? I saw both shows and both were excellent, but for my money, Clay and Angela totally smoked it in WPB. I don't know if this is the best audio quality version on YouTube, but it does it ALL for me (I'm a fool for the finger wigglling come-ons to Angela):

keeping... Ok, WPB was fantastic! Those two were ON!

I'm feel postwhorish tonight. OOooommmmmm feels good.

Just recalling that when I saw Wings Over America (at one of the first events in The Summit, which is now Lakewood Church!) my hubby and I went with another couple, neighbors. Diane and I both loved Paul McCartney, but our husbands didn't. I had really fucked up and married this guy who didn't like the bulk of the music I adored -- unfortunately he was way too cool for my music passions. Anyway, Mike and Gary spent most of Wings Over America either standing in the beer line, or peeing. Diane and I did not care. Because it was PAUL, for God's sake. Or it was Stephen Stills (because we saw CSN with this couple, too). Anyway, the bands our hubbys liked, you don't know 'em. They faded away. They sucked. They were cool.

And this, my dear sisters, is one of the reasons I want to explode when I read about some of us feeling ashamed of our ages, that we're not 22 and hot, etc. etc. et al. We are the women that loved the musicians and singers and bands who became the legends of today, and whose music is classic, and we loved them when they weren't cool. I know there are many who think The Beatles were always cool. But I know that I personally took shit about it in Texas -- and must have heard 1,000 times .... oooh, you like those fags? Anyway, it was the WOMEN, the CHICKS who were the first to pick up on, and fall in love with, the music that has endured and will live on.

When the "dudes" think Clay's not cool, and their "old ladies" agree because they're down with what the foxy dude thinks is cool ..... hey, I've seen that show. They go drifting into oblivion on the cool boat. I was never intimidated by it. In fact, if history tells me anything, it is that being first accepted and adored by females, and especially the same damn females who recognized the giants of our generation, that's a hell of a positive indicator for Clay Aiken. I think it's high-time we weren't so intimidated as fans by what the "cool dudes" think about us. They've been wrong, all along. They ain't shit.

Keeping.... :clap::clap::clap: I give you an A.M.E.N.!!!

[whine] I neeeeeeeed coffee!! [/whine] But I'm really trying to cut out dairy, so I have no milk. Can't do coffee without milk. I may have to re-think this healthy thing!! :ninja:

This is why God created SOY milk. :cocktail:

anna... jamar... I LOVE Almond milk. Try that. I can't drink/eat soy either and am allergic to dairy. Actually, I can use the lactaid free milk and goat milk in small quantities, but really like the almond milk, vanilla, unsweetened.

I frequently enlarge and frame some of my pictures to donate for fundraisers for the BAF. Below is the one of which I am the proudest. I took this picture at the West Point NaCT concert. He put on a great show that night, which was astonishing since he'd barely been able to stay upright the night before in Long Island. However, I caught one brief unguarded moment that just grabbed my heart. For me, the lyrics of Lover All Alone went perfectly with that introspective look.

PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE SO YOU CAN SEE THE LYRICS

LAAlyricsWP.jpg

Perma.... LOVE this shot and the way you combined it with LAA lyrics. I saved that puppy fast!

claygirl... WELCOME to FCA!!!

Scarlett... unfortunately, I think some people are just going to have to work their way thru this however works for them. Being so high from Spamalot and the snippets, the wonderfulness of the cd and the initial media blitz... then the down of being disappointed in sales was hard. Then add the tabloid stuff and having every asshat in the world once again taking potshots at Clay, has been really hard for many to cope with. They are angry they are once again having to defend being a Clay fan and the handiest target for that anger is Clay... he deceived them, he doesn't appreciate them, he is only using them, etc.

If you want to know what I think, it is possible that the low sales really hit Clay hard and he has had to re-adjust some of his thinking about what he can do/needs to do/wants to do at this juncture. This is just my opinion, but I think he was riding pretty high himself with the success of Spamalot; at the same time, getting to make the cd he really wanted. The cd sales were much lower than expected and then the tabloids struck again.

I have no doubt that he will keep on keeping on and will ultimately triumph, but the journey may not be fun for him or for some of his fans. Me, I'm gonna stick wid him. Period!

Iseeme.... WORD!!! Loved your post!

I LOVE FCA for the intelligent and very funny women who live here and wish I were one of them... :cryingwlaughter:

Hee, CG!!!

I vote for forget it and just enjoy what we have here!

Seriously. I made the mistake tonight of venturing out for a brief moment, read a couple of posts, thought :Ahh: :fssign: :ohthedrama: and came back here. As many here might remember, I was one who was having a very hard time processing the news/non-news. I mean a REALLY, REALLY hard time! So hard I was worried about myself!!!! Staying off the boards and lurking the time that I did really helped me put things in perspective for me - that and venting to friends (muski, Iseeme, couchie, anyone else who would listen! :F_05BL17blowkiss: ). I needed to put some distance between me and my fandom. I changed my desktop wallpaper and the picture I had on my cell phone and it felt good to do that. I just needed to step back. My reaction took me by surprise and I just had to deal with it in my own way.

Now I am ok - as long as I don't read too much about the rumor-that-shall-not-be-named. And that is why I won't venture out again. There really is nothing you can do to try and change how they're dealing with this. They will have to find their own place of peace about this in their own way. So you may as well forget it and enjoy what you have here.

:F_05BL17blowkiss: glad you're feeling good enough to join us again. Feel free to vent with muski, iseeme and oh yeah me anytime!! :cryingwlaughter: Lord knows you get to hear my probs enough. I think what you did is a healthy thing. There have been steps along the way in this fandom where I've done the same thing.

Scarlett... I agree with CG - what can you do really.

iseeme..I don't know if I like that tomatoed has become a verb :cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

oooh liney..thanks for bringing up KF's post..as I meant to but never did say... WOW loved it! They are definitely words to live by.

Liney said:

I LOVE FCA for the intelligent and very funny women who live here and wish I were one of them...

Oh crap! You're not? I've been deceived. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Then Couchie said:

iseeme..I don't know if I like that tomatoed has become a verb

See, it's okay because the word isn't capitalized. Has nothing to do with your screen name. :imgtongue:

Liney said:

I LOVE FCA for the intelligent and very funny women who live here and wish I were one of them...

Oh crap! You're not? I've been deceived. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Then Couchie said:

iseeme..I don't know if I like that tomatoed has become a verb

See, it's okay because the word isn't capitalized. Has nothing to do with your screen name. :imgtongue:

bwah...

Liney you make some good points. Welcome back.

Desertrose, I didn't know this was hitting the fandom so hard. I don't get out much. I guess what's sad to me more than anything is that people are ashamed to be Clay fans. I guess the terrorists have won.

So here's what I posted at CV where many are angsting.

DH and I were talking today. I have a good friend - very intelligent - who has always read the tabloids. She read about Tom Cruise and bought into that. Kept me up on Martha Stewart and prison. And she believes Clay is not "admitting" his sexuality.

She is VERY SMART! And I just can't understand why this stuff is of interest to her. She doesn't ever read fiction. She's into nonfiction reading. History, etc.

So I've been thinking about this a lot. Since she finally broke the ice and ask me about the baby news.

I was telling DH - you know, I just don't understand.

I love Clay's music. I love listening to him.

I love seeing him live. He always makes me laugh!

Always makes me - for a couple of hours - forget whatever worries and just feel good!

I think he makes my body release endorphins!

I like hearing his reactions to the world, his views when he takes his UNICEF trip. His stories about the dogs. His interactions with A&Q and whoever else he shares his stage with. I love to see what "verbal trampoline" his going to jump off of in the next concert!

He makes me smile!

Sure I'm interested in whatever part of his personal life he cares to talk about.

But - it doesn't really matter to me.

It DOES NOT MATTER - what he does with his sperm or who he sleeps with.

It just doesn't matter.

And I have a hard time understanding why it seems to matter to others. Especially those who don't even go to his concerts or buy his cd's.

I love the music, the humor, whatever he does on tv, I love to hear him talk!

Because it makes me happy.

I just need for him to get back on the stage at some point - whether it's the live stage or televised - and ENTERTAIN ME!

Because if he's on a stage - I know he will Entertain me and bring me laughter and soothing music and music that makes me dance in my seat and notes that send shivers down my spine and make me gasp out loud!

That's it. That's all I need from him.

And I can wait.

As for me, no terrorist have won! :)

Yup. I'm still here!

And now I bid you lovelies a fond GoodNight! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Love your CV post, Cotton...

R.I.P. George Carlin This on the Yahoo home page:

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - A publicist for George Carlin says the legendary comedian has died of heart failure at a hospital in Santa Monica, Calif.

I added the Merrillville mp4 to this folder.

The Syracuse LAA mp4 is here, though I think the real value of the Syracuse vid was the HD stubble & beads of sweat (can't believe I'm saying this) shots which won't translate well into mp4.

I'm also uploading the BYLM+Banter from Syracuse (since it was on the same tape) and that will run for about 20 mins for both the XviD and the mp4. I'll update this post when I see that things are done. BTW, it's the banter part that's good on this clip; for BYLM, we wer too close to the stage so at times he'd disappear and other times we'd only get the waist-down shots. (course there are people who would appreciate those!) --> DONE!

For now, only the Merrillville folder and the LAA files from Syracuse are complete. I'll update when Syracuse BYLM is done.

ETA: All the files in the Merrillville and Syracuse folders are complete.

Thank you for this gorgeous clack! :flirtysmile3:

So - to each his own. If long-time fans leave - IMO they weren't real fans of the man to begin with.

Well, I think if people just don't like his musical direction these days, then it doesn't mean they weren't fans before; it just means they liked more "pop," less complicated music. That's fine--as long as they don't hate or berate him or anyone on his team for what he's been doing for the last three years, because it's amazing stuff.

This is a question for those of you who think the Orlando IWTKWLI is the best one ... and it is great .... and I do love the heartache and pain references and the cute way they were playing in this song .... but have you seen the West Palm Beach version lately? I saw both shows and both were excellent, but for my money, Clay and Angela totally smoked it in WPB. I don't know if this is the best audio quality version on YouTube, but it does it ALL for me (I'm a fool for the finger wigglling come-ons to Angela):

keeping... Ok, WPB was fantastic! Those two were ON!

Like this! GAH! This is perfection! What a voice!

If you want to know what I think, it is possible that the low sales really hit Clay hard and he has had to re-adjust some of his thinking about what he can do/needs to do/wants to do at this juncture. This is just my opinion, but I think he was riding pretty high himself with the success of Spamalot; at the same time, getting to make the cd he really wanted. The cd sales were much lower than expected and then the tabloids struck again.

I have no doubt that he will keep on keeping on and will ultimately triumph, but the journey may not be fun for him or for some of his fans. Me, I'm gonna stick wid him. Period!

Iseeme.... WORD!!! Loved your post!

I LOVE FCA for the intelligent and very funny women who live here and wish I were one of them... :cryingwlaughter:

You are one of us!! And Clay is fine. He's just fine. He's a strong, centered, balanced guy. He can handle it.

I personally do not see Clay as suffering, miserable, needy or unhappy. I think he has great spiritual strength. I think he has his priorities straight, and I think he has a great attitude about what is important in this life and this world. He has the love of family and friends, and a satisfying, fulfilling life. I think he's far better at handling the negative aspects of his life and career than many of us are at accepting these things. This is in no way intended to criticize. I just felt the need to say it.

JMH.. I agree with you. While I do feel that he has disappointments, hurts, pain just like all of us have in life..he does seem to be resiliiant. He's also very good at never letting them see you sweat. Every now and then we get a glimpse and then the door closes tight. I don't blame him at all. I need to read the 2006 People again... one of my favorite articles. He opened up some IIRC. That's just his way. In a year or two we'll get a glimpse of what he's going through now. I hope IIT he's happy as can be though. It's hard enough living your life to make youself happy...it's impossible for him to do so with a fan base as diverse as this one. I just hope people deal with their own pain and issues and don't feel the need to slam him on their way out the door. That is something I have promised myself I will never do. If I ever want to leave the fandom over something (and literally it would probably have to be clay saying to me personally, get the hell out :cryingwlaughter: ) I will just move on with my life. Ya'll will look up one day and go...hey where's couchie :cryingwlaughter: I'm not going to rehash everything he ever did that I thought sucked nor would I need sympathy, reasuurance or the need to take a few of ya'll with me. I think a lot of people hang on because they have made a life that involve so many Clay fans. There's still email and phones and of course the almighty text message heee.

Ooh this is maudlin. I ain't going no damn where ....oops I'm going crazy.>I said that aloud and my mom said..what did you say? heee. I may need therapy

Night all.

ETA: Sorry to hear about George Carlin. I've been a fan of his for a long time. I love his observational humor.

Couchie said:

..He's also very good at never letting them see you sweat.
This is something I admire immensely in ANYbody, mainly because I suck so much at it. Never been one of those silent sufferers. What? You're surprised? :cryingwlaughter:

... I hope IIT he's happy as can be though. It's hard enough living your life to make youself happy...it's impossible for him to do so with a fan base as diverse as this one. I just hope people deal with their own pain and issues and don't feel the need to slam him on their way out the door.
God, I hope he's happy as he can be whethe IT is or isn't true! I do indeed hope he can find that place where his real life can be REAL for him WHILE he continues to share himself with the entertainment life. And I hope that the fans who might make that difficult for him to do can find a peaceful place, too--hopefully far, far away from him. heh.

... I ain't going no damn where ....oops I'm going crazy.>I said that aloud and my mom said..what did you say? heee. I may need therapy...
Save me a place on that psychiatrist's couch, 'couchie'! (I'm so damned witty! :rolleyes:) 'coss I heard you say that all the way over here! :cryingwlaughter:

Ah...another day, another....

day.

Thank goodness. The alternative doesn't bear thinking about. :unsure:

Oh, and keepingfaith? Your questions about the Little Feat album and song? Yes to all your questions, according to hubby...but I really MUST stop being the conduit between you two and your music discussions. He said, "Where does that woman live? I bet we could really have a great music discussion!"

Yeah. Right. Like I'd ever let THAT happen... :glare: ;)

Oh, and he decided to change his James Taylor selection from "Fire and Rain" to "I Don't Want to Be Lonely Tonight"....

Alex takes her driving test tomorrow morning for her license....she's soooo nervous. Oh, PULEEZE let her pass it! :praying:

'night, all! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Speaking of hurt and disappointments, no one is exempt. Olivia Newton-John will be 60 this year, and it must be awfully hard to be her daughter and be 20-something and have a mother who is STILL even prettier than you are.

If you are an ONJ fan, this download will expire in a few days.

https://download.yousendit.com/F7C1199E284E71CC

How sad about George Carlin. He brought so much laughter into our lives. RIP.

While I believe there are people who are sincerely troubled and sympathize, I feel there are also people who are just around to stir the turd - in the name of snark. When bitter foul insults became snark, I missed it. Guess that is why I am just not funny. There are people who hide their issues under some form of humor and there are people who feel the need to control the fandom, I think there are some who do not buy a single album and haven't for years. I have never heard them say a nice thing about a concert or a song - Did you know that some artists are better than Clay? Gasp!

As to the super religious who are having problems with this - what ever happened to religious people understanding forgiveness and love? I guess that is more of a political statement because that is really not just about Clay, but some very hateful hurtful things in this past election came from religious people.

I am sure Clay's sales could be better, but I have seen people be driven from the boards for years mostly by people who insist on being unhappy. I am ready for the next song. I want to talk about good things.

thanks for the video Scarlett, a great gift on a grump inducing night.

Now I have to finish assembling an airconditioner - who knew they sell them in pieces now? I am used to buying them already assembled, if I knew, I wouldn't have bought this one.

shitshitshitshitshit....

I've been lost in YouTube for the last hour...and ended up watching and listening to Clay sing Tears Run Dry for the first time at the Toronto JBT concert (after, by the way, walking all through the audience to get to Jaymes and introduce her....heh)

shitshitshitshitshitshitshit...

I swear, if any OTHER singer than Clay Aiken released this single, it would be a fucking huge hit. It's a great song. Great lyrics. Great melody. Great bridge and hook.

Absofuckinglutely amazing voice.

I have a question for anyone who might know these things. Since Clay sang this song in his concerts, could someone else actually record it and release it? Would Clay have had to buy rights to it or something in order to perform it in concert? Could he possibly actually record it still?

I WANT IT! AND I WANT IT NOW!

It's been sooooo long since I've listened to it...or Just You....and I'd honestly forgotten about it. But this song deserves to be heard and Clay Aiken is the one to make it his. It's....

I'd forGOTTEN!

Now I have to go to a vault and find all the Tears Run Dry downloads to find THE one...oh.

He KILLS on this song! Go back and watch and listen, friends....Oh. Oh.

Do you think he might sing this again in concert, at least? I mean, if he never records it? Do you? Huh? :lilredani:

Yeah, I know it's 1 am...and the girls and hubby have all gone to bed...but there's still a few drops of cabernet left in my glass...and time to watch TRD at least one more time....

Oh. Oh. :wub:

None of us have control over anything relative to Clay and his career and absolutely NOTHING with regards to his private life. You can be concerned, you can care, you can worry - but letting it alter your life and make you unhappy is almost like being wrapped a little too tight! Or perhaps some of these people's lives revolve around Clay and his life! That is sad.

Good rant. Good to see that most who were having difficulty with the news, here at FCA, have come to terms with it and found their way back home. :clap:

I don't see it this way at all. I figure Clay is just going about his life...........taking his summer off as he mentioned, possibly getting ready for a Unicef trip or even going on it already, doing BAF stuff..........I doubt he's sitting in his yard 24/7 but I think he enjoys taking some time out of the spotlight. I am quite sure there is more promo stuff to come, I bet he is getting his plans for a tour made right now, whether it be a Christmas tour or an OMWH tour for the spring. I guess it's a good thing I haven't ventured out in a while, eh? I'm still firmly in my happy place. :)

Tears Run Dry in Toronto was a treat. I was at the massive, multi-board pre-party with a bunch of people when my then 14 yo son ran in to tell me he could hear Clay singing in rehearsal (he was out on the deck enjoying the sun). By the time I got out there it had stopped, but he insisted it was a new song. Sure enough, Clay surprised us that night with TRD. I was also in the house the night he unveiled A Thousand Days in Cary. The only one I never got to hear live was Just You. But I love it as well.

Unfortunately, muski, I think that ship has sailed, and if we were going to hear them again, or if he was going to record them, he already would have. I mean, someone else released BFM, right? Not that it went anywhere. But I don't think Clay holds any special rights over these songs. I am just happy that we have the clack to remember them by.

OK, another day, another dollar, as the saying goes. They fired someone on Friday at work, my boss is off on holidays this week, the big boss from Moncton is in town, so things are not looking up. But nothing us peons can do but show up and do our jobs and hope that the shitstorm avoids us. Heh, I keep telling myself, it's only a job, just do it and go home and forget about it until the next day. I'm lucky to have one, right? There are many worse off than me.

Happy Monday, everyone! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I'm firmly convinced that there are some in the fandom that enjoy the hell out of being morose and poopy-faced! It's almost like a way of life to have something to complain about or be upset and angry about.

Eh. There are people at work that are like that too. And I went to school with some. I just think the online fandom is like a small slice of life. A friend of mine who runs a large youth sports venture once told me that no matter what he did a certain percentage of the parents, kids and coaches would be unhappy and complaining. So he stopped letting it bug him. I'm sorta that way with the fandom.

My hope is that those who do need to leave do so quietly and respectfully. But I'm not counting on that. *g* It's just not human nature.

I personally do not see Clay as suffering, miserable, needy or unhappy. I think he has great spiritual strength. I think he has his priorities straight, and I think he has a great attitude about what is important in this life and this world. He has the love of family and friends, and a satisfying, fulfilling life.

Yep. I think Clay's got it together. I always have.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Back to the saltmine! Oy.