#35: You mean, it’s not all dressing up and dancing at FCA?

Thread title poll  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title for FCA?

• I know, I know
    • Clay?s the balm, dog.
    • He's Clay Aiken, the one and only, for God's sake!
    • He's got energy, he's got soul, he's got it all, that voice pours out of him.
    • What can I say, he's addictive.
    • I'm of the "don't die til the bullet hits you school."
    • He can turn my world on with his smile!
    • Daddy now or later or never, Clay is a gift and I'd love to unwrap it.
    • Clay Aiken: Promoting Friskiness Since 2003.
    • It ain't my life, just my passion!
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores.
    • CiSNOs from FCA who tulibu dibu douchou Clay!
    • The man has done so many songs that you never know when he will just pop into your mind as you go about your day.
    • The man has perfectly perfect pipes and a perfectly perfect profile presenting the perfect potion of masculine pulchritude!
    • What the man did with a minute and a half with a limited choice of material, a backing track and three idiots staring at him was nothing short of art.

BWAH. It's like a bad game of telephone. Although crimsonice would be tha-rilled with the August name, lemme tell ya. She is a baby name whore. And she loved the movie August Rush. So now they are "hoping for twins"? :cryingwlaughter:

And I think the cover of OMWH is beautiful. Not all CDs are bright and eye-catching. The picture is stunning and his face and hair are light enough to draw the eye. I don't think this has much to do with sales. One would hope that Clay's voice is what would sell the CD. But again, this is just what I think.

I agree, I don't think that sales are much impacted by cover design. And this is one gorgeous cover, IMO.

playbiller, take care out there! I hope you find everything ok at home (except the rotting food, that sucks!)

I could be wrong but I think Jesse lives in NY and he is pretty involved with Broadway and off-Broadway. I'm thinking it's "the thing" when you're in the business to attend the Tonys. BUT.....it would be wondrous if Mr. Aiken and entourage attend. Clay made alot of friends during his stint on Spamalot and wouldn't it just be loverly if the Tonys had some kind of montage of all the hit shows....and........and...........and.............well, you know! To see Clay on the stage at the Tonys would be so wonderful. I can dream, can't I? But I also can't imagine why Jamie would be at the Tony's without Clay.

In actual news... from the Post-Tribune of Northwest Indiana:

Let's ALL Play Hobart camp

Through the generosity of popular entertainer Clay Aiken, 20 Hobart children, ages 3 to 5, will enjoy a fun-filled day camp through the Let's ALL Play initiative.

This "inclusive recreational model" has camps set up nationwide each year to serve children with special needs. This year, there will be 20 camps, including Hobart.

For the second year, 10 children with disabilities will join 10 children without at the Hobart YMCA for swimming, arts and crafts, story time and to learn that they are not that different.

The Center for Possibilities (Cerebral Palsy Center) and Hobart YMCA took advantage of a grant set up by the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to make this possible.

In a recent booklet, the Hobart camp was said to be a "model worth copying."

:clap:

There is probably a kernel of truth with a load of crap piled on top.

duckyvee....when I read this, all these images came to mind

kernel---egg, sperm, IVF, seed

load of crap---dirty diapers...

BWAH! I'm sick, I tell ya! :cryingwlaughter:

Maybe we should write a song. We could layer the lyrics.

In actual news... from the Post-Tribune of Northwest Indiana:

Let's ALL Play Hobart camp

Through the generosity of popular entertainer Clay Aiken, 20 Hobart children, ages 3 to 5, will enjoy a fun-filled day camp through the Let's ALL Play initiative.

This "inclusive recreational model" has camps set up nationwide each year to serve children with special needs. This year, there will be 20 camps, including Hobart.

For the second year, 10 children with disabilities will join 10 children without at the Hobart YMCA for swimming, arts and crafts, story time and to learn that they are not that different.

The Center for Possibilities (Cerebral Palsy Center) and Hobart YMCA took advantage of a grant set up by the Bubel/Aiken Foundation to make this possible.

In a recent booklet, the Hobart camp was said to be a "model worth copying."

I swear some of these reporters are juggling multiple stories at the same time. Or maybe they play that old game of throwing sentences into a big jar, pulling them out in random order, and then stringing them together to make a story!

When I first read through the wonderful story above, I thought, "Clay isn't 20!" Then I reread and saw that "20" refers to "Hobart children". Just practicing to be a tabloid "journalist", I guess! :cryingwlaughter:

~

I love the cover. It sure caught my attention! :hubbahubba:

Awwwwwwwwwwww - reading that blurb about Hobart made me all schmoopie. I'm betting that stuff like this makes all the other crap-laden journalism insignificant to Clay. He IS making a difference. Loved the wording in that story.

OOooooooooooooooooooooo Play - Hannah's last night. That makes PERFECT sense in a perfectly perfect way. I hope this is what's going on.

I could be wrong but I think Jesse lives in NY and he is pretty involved with Broadway and off-Broadway. I'm thinking it's "the thing" when you're in the business to attend the Tonys. BUT.....it would be wondrous if Mr. Aiken and entourage attend. Clay made alot of friends during his stint on Spamalot and wouldn't it just be loverly if the Tonys had some kind of montage of all the hit shows....and........and...........and.............well, you know! To see Clay on the stage at the Tonys would be so wonderful. I can dream, can't I? But I also can't imagine why Jamie would be at the Tony's without Clay.

I love the net..but My Space is not something I will ever get used to or am even interested in getting used to. I'm sane cuz not even Clay could make me change my mind :cryingwlaughter: It's way too open... the kids love it though.

Maybe she's going to NYC to go shopping LOL.

When I first read through the wonderful story above, I thought, "Clay isn't 20!" Then I reread and saw that "20" refers to "Hobart children". Just practicing to be a tabloid "journalist", I guess! :cryingwlaughter:

LOL

Love the cover but found it hard to find and I was looking for it. I don't know if somebody walking by on their way to the diaper dept would have it jump out at them and say take me home.

Play..I hope everything is ok at home.

Love the cover but found it hard to find and I was looking for it. I don't know if somebody walking by on their way to the diaper dept would have it jump out at them and say take me home.

That might depend on what shows they've been watching or mags they've been reading recently...

I hope Jaymes doesn't get hounded by papparazzi. I had a scene in my head a few days ago, where Clay was on the phone with Jaymes and saying to her, "OK, how are we going to get you here?" And I pictured her donnning a disguise of some kind and using a decoy to get out of the house. :cryingwlaughter:

Wasn't there a Jacqueline Susanne novel a long time ago with the main character's name being January?

"Once is Not Enough?" ;)

ooops - I typed it as "One is Not Enough" first!! :cryingwlaughter:

Thank you Annabear and Iseeme for the birthday wishes. Got one also from the OFC but wouldn't it be nice to have a pre-recorded birthday wish from Clay in our emails. That would be worth the $35 right there.

I also watched SYTYCD last night, although a little late because we DVR everything to avoid the commercials. I wonder if its a British thing or something that the men lack any sense of tact. I used to hate Mary with her laugh but I've gotten used to it and she actually seems like a pretty nice person. I also love Mia's choreography. She also did that one last year about her father which was really touching. No one has stood out on that show for me yet but its still early. Still really hope we'll hear some Clay songs on there.

As far as the media, I think they have lost credibility with many people, not just Clay fans. Yeah, some people will believe the stuff written about Clay but most really aren't that invested in him so it doesn't matter to them if its true or not. Other people are just airheads and have no sense of discrimination when it comes to news. Apparently they were never taught critical thinking skills. The haters will believe it because if fits into their stereotypes and I'm not going to waste my time with closed minded people. I think we (the fans) are the only ones who care that its not been verified, but that is because we care.

:bday2:

Justclay12

ooh, pretty colors. Now if someone can throw in some pretty Clay pics, that would make me very happy.

Note to self: Annabear took notice of birthday... add to future mod list.

And thus ends the search for a 2nd job! :7:

What? You mean I wouldn't actually get paid? :cry4:

:imgtongue:

:laola0: :04: :club0:

Happy Birthday, justclay!

You say you want some purdy Clay pictures for your b-day?

tummy.jpg

dcwaldo.jpg

:sleezy:

Oh. Wait. You mean...of his FACE?

:blush: sowwy

Lips.jpg

Phoenix138.jpg

254414594_jS9eZ-L_2.jpg

Huh? :huh:

OH! I see! You mean his WHOLE face.... silly me. :whistling-1:

yummyprofilebanner-1.jpg

How 'bout a birthday kiss?

puckerup-1.jpg

:laola0: :04: :club0:

You say you want some purdy Clay pictures for your b-day?

tummy.jpg

dcwaldo.jpg

:sleezy:

Oh. Wait. You mean...of his FACE?

:blush: sowwy

Lips.jpg

Phoenix138.jpg

254414594_jS9eZ-L_2.jpg

Huh? :huh:

OH! I see! You mean his WHOLE face.... silly me. :whistling-1:

yummyprofilebanner-1.jpg

How 'bout a birthday kiss?

puckerup-1.jpg

They all worked for me. I have files for my pics and I got Clay lips, eyes, hands, and then there is the Clay parts. And if I ever did get a kiss from Clay, it would probably be the death of me, but what a way to go.

Editing to add thank you Muski for always bringing the smut.

070723_Lynnnj_PartyAllNight.jpg

After story after story about how poor Paul Newman is dying from cancer, there was a little article in my paper this morning saying that he's fine and that the person--to whom the original story was attributed--was "misquoted."

Go figure.

Or it could just be the family's attempt at a completely understandable "zone of privacy" by issuing a denial, even if he is ill. Go figure is right.

070723_Lynnnj_PartyAllNight.jpg

I loved this pic, and is it just me or does it look like he had to stuff that baby in there. Probably why he likes those loose pants.

Thank you luckiest1 and goldarngirl for The Best of Kalamazoo. What I have watched of it is beautiful. Once again I am so impressed with your skill at creating a synthesis of what, for those who were there and for those of us who listened to the cellcert, was a beautiful memory.

Speaking of beautiful memories that last photo...that was Sterling Heights? With the low low cut jeans...mmmm.