#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

Bwaahaha - the whole sick in Eastern Europe thing. He had his funeral all planned. Told his Mama he wanted Ruben to sing!!! There are too many funny moments to just pick a couple. Every time someone posts one it makes my mind run off to a couple more. How about the candy heart song on Kimmel? I often wonder if that was planned or it just came to him. Was the bowl of candy there for that reason?

During ITour when he came out in that wig behind Kelly and people were rolling in the aisles and she didn't know what was so funny!!!

Board mentalilty and tone......it should be all about respect!!! You don't have to like his hair but you can say you don't like his hair without being nasty and mean about it. You don't have to accept everything he does as perfectly perfect but sometimes silence is the better part of valor. I know when Spam was first announced there was some skepticism about his ability to do the part. One person who-shall-remain-unnamed (but you probably all know who I'm talking about) made the comment that she wouldn't pay money to see Clay running all over a stage making an ass out of himself!!! That was just totally uncalled for. She did manage to get to Spam a few times and crowed about it......But had to get her nasty comments in - repeatedly over several days.

I've been thru the wars on the boards. Mostly because I couldn't deal with the lack of respect for Clay coming from other posters. It's most refreshing to be at FCA, allowed to state an opinion, doesn't matter if all agree with you, but for the most part the responses are respectful to the poster and to Clay. Someone upthread or in the old thread commented on how possibly posters project too much of their life on to Clay's life. I think this is so true. So true!

See?! Yeah - ya'll are proving my point! Can't pick a single funniest Clay moment 'cause there are sooooooo many!

Vermont as a 'city' making choir-boy Clay bust a gut? Oh yeah!

The Leno McDonald's & twistie chronicles? Oh yeah!

Charlotte NAT ornery, humping Clay? Oh yeah!

The Asheville bats & bugs? Oh yeah!

Columbus JBT "God forbid the Clack skip around"? Oh yeah!

Philly DCAT/SRHP "Now I'm a man!"/puberty? Oh yeah!

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter:

OMG!!! "Ah shaved mah leg for you..." from Kimmel - CMSU!!! :cryingwlaughter:

huh..who is mr. nasty red condiment. LOL. I only know one red condiment and it makes french fries taste good.

Oh, it refers to one of the nom-de-jerk board names used by the Mar x person - I don't want to give it hits - but it was kinda funny that he never considered that his execrable spelling, poor grammar, and tired old predictable rants pretty much advertised his presence.

I may be alone at FCA, says djs111 quite dramatically, but freshly-made mayonnaise is the thing to trail one's french fries through, before biting down, gently.....the faintly lemony, somewhat buttery creaminess, with just a wisp of garlic, goes perfectly with the crispy outer layer of a perfect french fry......when one bites down, the flavors and contrasts are heavenly!

Seriously, when I worked in Holland, we all loved frites with freshly made mayonnaise - yeah, we could get fries at McDonald's, but those heathens who wanted ketchup had to pay extra!

Not much is as good as a big plate of Belgian fries, cooked twice, with a bowl of mayo and an ice cold big beer. Make that a pitcher of beer, come to think of it.

Impossible to pick the all time funniest moment, so I won't try. A hilarious bit for me was the whole bats and bugs thing in Asheville. Bust a gut funny. :cryingwlaughter:

OMG I've never watched it..only heard it through cellcert. I must watch that when I get home.

waves to rose3333!! I don't think he's ever been on a path TO top 40 so it's not a failure that he isn't there yet. I do think this is an album that can garner some hot AC... but maybe he just has to conquer AC first.

I think it can I think it can.

mayo on french fries? EEK LOL

I'm one who never lets others see me sweat. Grudges, I hold more of them than anyone else in the world. But this week I blew my stack at another board after a most righteous poster ran off a litaney of the most disgusting adjectives under the guise of describing what "others" think of Clay. Amazingly I wasn't trouted for my rant. And then she had the gall to say that she loved Justin Timberlake, who I guess would never be mistaken for a closeted gay man. So I guess a proud and self proclaimed drug taking, womanizer is a much more upstanding citizen compared to a humanitarian who won't talk about his private life. :believe:

I have no problem with people who like Timberlake because they like dance music - but to me he is not a singer but a dancer, so why would I buy his album to listen to a techno voice and not see him dance? Buy a video.

Anyway, I want to rant on Mr Timberlake for a moment - anyone, ANYONE, who thinks that Clay disappointed them and goes to Timberlake as a better person needs their head examined. Let's leave aside the promoting of drug use to the young, lots o people do that. Let's leave aside letting the cat out of the bag that he "bagged" Britney when she was trying to keep her wholesome image - he was young, not a gentleman, but at least under 20. Lets leave aside he washed their whole dirty laundry when his album came out nad he did a video with a fake ABritney to accuse her of cheating on him when her album was just released and she could not fight him back in the same time frame. This guy has no idea of honor - no, the thing that turned me against him for ever and ever was the way he left Janet Jackson twisting in the wind after the superbowl fiasco - nope, he didn't know she was going to be naked when he ripped off her breast that they must have rehearsed because it was an odd move if he didn't! No gentleman here - pure coward and lout. He was not a teen when that happened. I cannot understand why he did not just disappear after that - it was so shameful. I guess some women like being treated badly. Note: Clay never let any woman twist in the wind, he even let Ripacrit off the hook and turned it into a joke but always toodk responsibility.

I was reading in another place that several people stated that the reason he has lost 3/4 of his fan base is because he has not progressed as a artist. What the hell do they want. I love this CD, maybe I am easy, but his voice is the best I have ever heard him. I like uptempo sounds but I do not need rocker Clay. I just need him to sing great songs and well, which he does.

Another reason they stated is that he changed since A1 and has become rude and a big diva. My thought is that he is five years older, and some change will occur. He stills has the same values he had then, and I am sorry but I do not see the Diva. His behavior as far as I see is always appropriate to the event. If he gets testy once in awhile maybe there is a reason.

If people want to leave that is their option, but to continue to spout over and over how he has disappointed them gets very tiring. End of my Rant.

They don't leave because they would lose their "position" in the fandom. It is their little complaining area. At least some of the worst have been thrown out and others are ignored. But don't think for a moment that Fake Clay and his fans have left us or thier followers (who don't admit it) are not still spewing the same lies.

Let me straighten out Miss DJS here . She is the one who told me to come here to post because she was a mod and then she goes into deep silence for several years. Now that she finally posts here, she is no longer a mod so - Nyah Nyah, what are you going to do about that , sweetie?

OK, off to have a life. Today is a financial day!

I like to drag my crispy-on-the-outside-soft-in-the-middle frenchfries through some Ranch dressing!!! It's lo-cal of course :cryingwlaughter:

Another funny moment was at the Greek in LA last summer. Angela's family was in the audience. Clay went over to sit next to Angela while Quiana was doing her solo, put his arm around her and said "SURPRISE!" It just struck me funny. And I think Quiana said "guess who's coming to dinner!"

Facial expressions: most recently the look on his face when he was telling Kimmel about going to Chinatown! It's no wonder he couldn't lie to his Mama as a child - everything is written on that adorable face!!!!

captioni.jpg

kaption5.jpg

Biltmore.jpg

thecuteboy.jpg

I've always fancy myself wanting Rock star Clay. So if that is the style of singing your looking for

Clay to sing, I agree that he has not progressed much. He has opted for AC style of songs for whatever reason and therefore has lost many a rock star audience fan. One does see potential in Ashes, EIDN and Falling but it needs more beat, music and rock for top 40. JMO

*waves*

That's possibly true...if someone is looking for him to be in the top 40, then he hasn't moved very far toward that in that regard. But then -- according to the not-a-blog (I read another board that called it the Brigadoon blog, loved that name), he's not all that interested in being a top 40 person. In his opinion, his niche is AC and Hot AC, and he actually seems to LIKE that. And so...I'll just accept him as he is, and I think the AC and Hot AC crowds will follow eventually.

Oh good, so many different funny moments. I think another one for me is his "fight" with Kimmel -- I loved the idea that he could snark on his "squeaky clean" persona by instigating a fight with Jimmy over what he'd said previously. I really think that was the beginning of Kimmel realizing how funny Clay was. I was on the floor laughing at that one.

I may be alone at FCA, says djs111 quite dramatically, but freshly-made mayonnaise is the thing to trail one's french fries through, before bitin down, gently.....the faintly lemony, somewhat buttery creaminess, with just a wisp of garlic, goes perfectly with the crispy outer layer of a perfect french fry......when one bites down, the flavors and contrasts are heavenly!

Oooo, that reminds me of something I saw on Food Network one time, a shop that sold nothing but Pomme Frites -- French name for French fries, and they had all kinds of spectacular sounding sauces for dipping. This place was in NYC, wish I had found it when I was there.

Philly DCAT/SRHP "Now I'm a man!"/puberty? Oh yeah!

OMG, I loved this one. I do have a link for that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VndOab4AhQc

Impossible to pick the all time funniest moment, so I won't try. A hilarious bit for me was the whole bats and bugs thing in Asheville. Bust a gut funny. :cryingwlaughter:

OMG I've never watched it..only heard it through cellcert. I must watch that when I get home.

This goes over several videos - best bet is probably the best of banter series.

Here's the black hole and bugs part:

Found it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVTFH6WaJ6I

Bats:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puIlRECrsf8...feature=related

I thought this was great too. As well as the puberty comment in Phillie.

Another that cracked me up was in West Point when he was so ill. There were two women theredressed as nurses, white caps with red crosses on them. I believe they were the clambulance owners. Clay asked them if they were from Switzerland. He's so funny. I believe they went on to say what they represented which wasn't so funny. :cryingwlaughter:

Oooo, that reminds me of something I saw on Food Network one time, a shop that sold nothing but Pomme Frites -- French name for French fries, and they had all kinds of spectacular sounding sauces for dipping. This place was in NYC, wish I had found it when I was there.

Me too! Sort of! :cryingwlaughter:

Thanks ldyj -

But what the heck were we voting on....I mean, wasn't this the "goodie" that we voted which song we wanted to hear? And didn't When A Man Loves A Woman win?

Maybe it's on The Acrobats album? :cryingwlaughter:

Regarding DLTSGDOM, I never believed for one minute that Clay didn't know Elton John wrote and originally sang it. For one thing, he sang the Elton John version on his demo tape. Also, he talked about Idol calling EJ to get permission for him to sing it on the Wild Card show. "Let the boy sing the song!" Just another case of Clay being the cutest kidder. He loves to pull our leg. Okay, muski, I gave you one hell of a straight line there.

oooh interesting ... I never thought of it that way before .... But I have to say I really believe he thought it was a remake.

What's this about a questions thread for Clay at the OFC? I may have to ask him this one.

ldyj said:

It is at 123 2nd Ave. New York, and I am gonna ask playbiller to take me there next time I visit! Or I will trout her! Maybe I can still be an enforcer mod!

frites with mayo

Pommes Frites isn't an ordinary shop, but a specialty shop serving authentic Belgian fries, or as the Belgians call them, "pommes frites." You won't find many seats here, but you will find the tastiest treat in town. Pommes Frites means premium fresh fried potatoes, crunchy on the outside, and soft inside: self-indulgent and pleasurable. The atmosphere is intimate and warm, the packaging and signage unique. Pommes Frites isn't only selling affordable food, but excitement and an experience, too. There is no fancy skill involved, but there is a trick. The potatoes are fried twice. The first time they are cooked through. The second time provides a golden color and makes them deliciously crisp. Europeans have been eating their fries with everything but ketchup for many years, and now Americans may also have the best crispy fried potatoes with their choice of sauce. Americans (those who have experienced Pommes Frites) seem to be extremely pleased that fries can be prepared differently and served with a variety of goodies, other than ketchup. For example, you can eat them with exotic mustards and mayonnaise, or drowned in vinegar, curry sauce, or even with a peanut satay sauce. All are for sale at Pommes Frites. The selection of toppings for your frites includes everything from the familiar to the exotic, and is limited only by imagination. Pommes Frites sales' policies include allowing the customer to sample the frites and taste any and every sauce until satisfied. With the help of the amazing potato, Pommes Frites will continue to join the ranks of other famous street foods and become a part of American culture.

QUOTE(rose3333 @ Jun 23 2008, 11:42 AM)

I've always fancy myself wanting Rock star Clay. So if that is the style of singing your looking for

Clay to sing, I agree that he has not progressed much. He has opted for AC style of songs for whatever reason and therefore has lost many a rock star audience fan. One does see potential in Ashes, EIDN and Falling but it needs more beat, music and rock for top 40. JMO

Fair enough about radio play - but Rock Star Clay would just be "different", it does not mean "progress" - IMO, etc. I have never understood why going the rock route was considered an improvement, it is just a choice for the singer and the audience. No one ever says Groban has not made any progress, or Buble, is all I'm saying. I love rock too, I just don't consider it as something to be aspired to!

I think the Kimmel "I shaved my leg for you!" is my favorite funny moment.

I may be alone at FCA, says djs111 quite dramatically, but freshly-made mayonnaise is the thing to trail one's french fries through, before biting down, gently.....the faintly lemony, somewhat buttery creaminess, with just a wisp of garlic, goes perfectly with the crispy outer layer of a perfect french fry......when one bites down, the flavors and contrasts are heavenly!

Seriously, when I worked in Holland, we all loved frites with freshly made mayonnaise - yeah, we could get fries at McDonald's, but those heathens who wanted ketchup had to pay extra!

Not much is as good as a big plate of Belgian fries, cooked twice, with a bowl of mayo and an ice cold big beer. Make that a pitcher of beer, come to think of it.

*waves arm frantically* You're not alone!!! I do both the red stuff and mayonnaise but I want to add this to your perfect meal in Belgium:

Belgian steak (Texans will disown me but I think theirs is a teeny bit better prepared), mussels in white wine and perhaps some Leonidas or Neuhaus to close (I think Godiva's too pricey for the same stuff)!

All the the West Point show banter clips for me -- I think there were 5 or 6 of them?!! (Fear, aside from the Swiss flag people who had no medical training whatsoever, there was the lady who won a contest doing the hardest thing -- writing her name & address, and at least 3 or 4 others.)

ldy, that must have been close to the place that sold nothing but Mac 'n Cheese (Smac?)-- lots of types, but we ended up picking American.

What is funny to me is not funny to others , I had to laugh when Clay came over to Fear and I at the stgage door on a cold weekday January and told us we were too quiet and that he wasnted the fans to make noise and all over the boards were the "proper ettiquette" for Spamalot including not making too much noise. Heh. Well, Clay wan't being funny deliberately.

Whoops, I was mistaken on the origin of Pomme Frites...but yeah djs, that's the place! I love potatoes of any type, and I would have tried any and all of those sauces. (Scarlett, I was also sad that I didn't make it to S'Mac either...)

BTW, did anyone watch the Macaroni and Cheese challenge on Food Network last night? Just me then. Hee.

You know what? I'd say "forget funny moments" and just include every single piece of banter from the Christmas 2006 tour...and the banter from the DCAT. With both of those tours, his engagement of the audience astounded me. There were a few instances where things didn't work all that well, but for the most part, he could take a comment from the audience and make it into a 5 minute comedy routine.

Me too! Sort of! :cryingwlaughter:

OMG, I've been there. I have no idea now where it was--it was my first trip there in 20 years when I went. I had mayonnaise of course--got hooked on pomme frites and mayonnaise in Belgium on a vacation a long time ago.

I don't know how Winky keeps finding this stuff - but here is another play, let's hope it is better than the last one.

Craigs list casting call

"AMERICAN IDOL:CLAY'S REVENGE" Auditions!!! (Catasauqua)

Reply to: see below

Date: 2008-06-11, 11:10AM EDT

White Rose Productions will be holding auditions for it's Fall/ Winter Tour Dinner Theater Show "AMERICAN IDOL: CLAY'S REVENGE" on Tuesday, June 24th & Wednesday, June 25th 2008, 7:00PM, at Colonial House Restaurant & Bar. Colonial House Restaurant & Bar is located at 131 Howertown Rd., Catasauqua Pa., 18032. No experience necessary. Must be over 18 to audition. Actors & Actresses needed to fill various Roles. ALSO NEEDED IS A CHOREOGRAPHER. "AMERICAN IDOL: CLAY'S REVENGE" opens in October, 2008 and tours through April, 2009. Not every weekend, ofcourse. White Rose Productions does not guarantee understudies. All positions are paid. Great characters in this play! For more information call Cheryl Lynn @ 484-221-9620. For more info check out:

www.whiterose-productions.com

**THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY, SO COME TO AUDITIONS!**

* Compensation: Actors are paid on a per performed performance basis. No pay for rehearsals, dress rehearsal, or cancelled tours.

* This is a part-time job.

Was this where Idol the Musical came from - I hope, hope hope it is not the same person.....

LadyJ..I always thought the 06 Xmas tour had Clay playing more to the audience because he didn't have his onstage sidekicks to play off of. He's always brought the funny and had a place for the audience particiption. Was it Ang that thought she needed a passport for New Mexico. And that one line from himabout Tonight..we're going over the border. Hee. I did think that DCAT was the first time the girls "kept up" with him though.

Another Clay Play? Hope it's better than the last one.

Oh YIKES!

Scarlett - this is for you......I only worked in Portugal for a week, but I managed to shop and eat and sightsee quite a bit - this restaurant is French, and it only serves salad, steak and french fries. All you can eat. I never made it to dessert! The waiter just asks you how you like your steak done (medium rare for me) and then he brings out a huge tray of steak and carves slices to order.....it is just melt-in-your mouth tender, and the only side order is frites with mayonnaise.

(yeah, I worked in a few countries, but although I understand that there was lots of culture everywhere, I mostly worked, shopped, ate, drank, and had fun!)

La Brasserie de l'Entrecote, owned by an American, Peter Rait, and his Swedish wife, Cecilia Idman, serves a fixed menu of salad, steak in a creamy herb-butter sauce, perfect french fries and American desserts like brownie pie, hazelnut pie, cheesecake and lemon tart. Part of the restaurant's appeal is that the kitchen stays open until midnight
Of course, there was plenty of perfect dry red wine, too!

I wonder how many fans have come to depend on Clay so much for their happiness that they react negatively to anything that they perceive as being a threat to that happiness.

I think you are right on the money for quite a few folks.

Columbus JBT "God forbid the Clack skip around"? Oh yeah!

Hee, I think you mean Clio. And yeah, that ranks right up at the top for me, too! Or how about "playing with the wood" from the JNaT 06? And Chautauqua DCAT/SRHP tour, when the easel fell down? That was hilarious!

I was busy looking for bats and bugs, and posted before reading back. I spent a month in Holland that summer, but I think it was in Belgium that I first got hooked, and then there was no going back, ever! I must've had fries with mayo every day for awhile there.

*waves*

That's possibly true...if someone is looking for him to be in the top 40, then he hasn't moved very far toward that in that regard. But then -- according to the not-a-blog (I read another board that called it the Brigadoon blog, loved that name), he's not all that interested in being a top 40 person. In his opinion, his niche is AC and Hot AC, and he actually seems to LIKE that. And so...I'll just accept him as he is, and I think the AC and Hot AC crowds will follow eventually.

I don't think Top 40 is progress, myself. It's just one kind of music, and musically speaking, isn't the most musical of music, if you know what I mean.

"Flugelhorn."

Love this one! :cryingwlaughter:

ldyj said:

It is at 123 2nd Ave. New York, and I am gonna ask playbiller to take me there next time I visit! Or I will trout her! Maybe I can still be an enforcer mod!

frites with mayo

Pommes Frites isn't an ordinary shop, but a specialty shop serving authentic Belgian fries, or as the Belgians call them, "pommes frites." You won't find many seats here, but you will find the tastiest treat in town. Pommes Frites means premium fresh fried potatoes, crunchy on the outside, and soft inside: self-indulgent and pleasurable. The atmosphere is intimate and warm, the packaging and signage unique. Pommes Frites isn't only selling affordable food, but excitement and an experience, too. There is no fancy skill involved, but there is a trick. The potatoes are fried twice. The first time they are cooked through. The second time provides a golden color and makes them deliciously crisp. Europeans have been eating their fries with everything but ketchup for many years, and now Americans may also have the best crispy fried potatoes with their choice of sauce. Americans (those who have experienced Pommes Frites) seem to be extremely pleased that fries can be prepared differently and served with a variety of goodies, other than ketchup. For example, you can eat them with exotic mustards and mayonnaise, or drowned in vinegar, curry sauce, or even with a peanut satay sauce. All are for sale at Pommes Frites. The selection of toppings for your frites includes everything from the familiar to the exotic, and is limited only by imagination. Pommes Frites sales' policies include allowing the customer to sample the frites and taste any and every sauce until satisfied. With the help of the amazing potato, Pommes Frites will continue to join the ranks of other famous street foods and become a part of American culture.

YAY--now I know where it is!

For those who don't want to or can't go as far as NY or Belgium (if these places are far away for you), Snoopy's on Hillsborough St. in Raleigh has great fries--crisy on the outside, soft on the inside, as my mother always says when I bring her hot dogs and fries from there.

I don't know how Winky keeps finding this stuff - but here is another play, let's hope it is better than the last one.

Craigs list casting call

"AMERICAN IDOL:CLAY'S REVENGE" Auditions!!! (Catasauqua)

This is actually very local to WD.

Was this where Idol the Musical came from - I hope, hope hope it is not the same person.....

Nope--different source. Probably just as bad or worse though. I guess we'll find out in the fall.