#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

Newbie, here, checking in! :F_05BL17blowkiss: to Iseeme!

Hi, to everyone else who knows me from CV or the CB! I hear this is a friendly place and since I know quite a few of you already, thought I'd say hello!!

the best way to know what's going on elsewhere on the site is VIEW NEW POSTS...

Who knew?

:cryingwlaughter: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

More funny Clay - how could we forget this!

I agree, Claygirl....In fact, I think I need to bring that particular fantasy to this page as well....I don't know who did this photoshop....and I wish we could get an update on it with a more current 'head' shot of Clay used....but stilll...When I first saw it I gasped OUT LOUD because it seemed so....real..so....possible...I guess. :Thud: The body isn't too far from what I imagine it to be, I guess. :Thud: or something. :Thud:

Iwish.jpg

Hi, to everyone else who knows me from CV or the CB! I hear this is a friendly place and since I know quite a few of you already, thought I'd say hello!!

I'm a newbie too but I'll say HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome:

Hi! You will love it here!

Kim

CLAYMATRON :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss: :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad to see you here!!! You will like it here.....I promise you!!!! Oh goody, goody, goody!!!! (doing the happy dance! where's the happy dance emoticon???? Aw hell, I'll post this emoticon because CM will looooooooooooooooooooove it..... :DoClay: )

I'm a newbie too but I'll say HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :welcome:

Hello back!

Kim

keepingfaith, here is the Charlotte singer clip (otherwise known as "the little humper boy"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOYP_dZ7iS8

I can't find on YouTube the follow up, where he then later does the same thing with Angela.

The other clip you've mentioned, I want to say was at the Iowa State Fair. Help me!!!!

I'm another newbie checking in. Actually I have been lurking here for quite a while but this is the first time I've posted. The only other board I'm a member of is the OFC. People get pretty rude over there, but right now it's boring because we can't talk about the latest news or non-news.

I'm loving this board! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

<snip>

Awww.. thanks for reminding me of this.

I just couldn't possibly love him any more intensely. :wub:

I'm another newbie checking in. Actually I have been lurking here for quite a while but this is the first time I've posted. The only other board I'm a member of is the OFC. People get pretty rude over there, but right now it's boring because we can't talk about the latest news or non-news.

:goaround: HELLO!!!!

Iseeme, Aikim and claygirl9131...thanks for the welcome! LonelyNoMore....Hi!!

:hubbahubba: to the gorgeous photoshop and my avi!

As Iseeme, pointed out, my buddies know me as CM, which is considerably easier to type than Claymatron, so please feel free..

Oh, and yeah.... :DoClay: BIGTIME!!

Yahoo! It's my buddy LonelyNoMore!! So glad to see you posting. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Marsha, I deleted your double post. You got the quotes down, but you seem to be having some trouble posting. Don't give up, OK, we want to hear from you!!

Hah - do I KNOW CM or what! That will be her favorite emoticon.

Oh, and please forgive me - HELLO and welcome to the newbies. I was just so excited that my buddy was finally here that I missed your greetings!

I was reading in another place that several people stated that the reason he has lost 3/4 of his fan base is because he has not progressed as a artist. What the hell do they want. I love this CD, maybe I am easy, but his voice is the best I have ever heard him. I like uptempo sounds but I do not need rocker Clay. I just need him to sing great songs and well, which he does.

Another reason they stated is that he changed since A1 and has become rude and a big diva. My thought is that he is five years older, and some change will occur. He stills has the same values he had then, and I am sorry but I do not see the Diva. His behavior as far as I see is always appropriate to the event. If he gets testy once in awhile maybe there is a reason.

If people want to leave that is their option, but to continue to spout over and over how he has disappointed them gets very tiring. End of my Rant.

Not progressed as an artist?? Pffftttt. I'm sorry, but anyone who says that is betraying their own lack of musical knowledge.

Clay rude and a diva? I think he has his diva moments, like many people do, but that isn't something new. He told a story on himself in the Rolling Stone interview, for Pete's sake.

Not leaving--that's the part I don't get. Why not enjoy musicians you like, instead of hanging around torturing people who are fans of someone you don't like anymore, or never liked. Waste of time.

Most of 'em are grown-ass women, and if they can't see that the bitterness frankly just makes them ugly (honestly - you come across some random bitter person, you don't care why they're bitter - you just want to avoid them. So I do.)

I have no interest in dealing with the segment of borderline strange and unhappy people of any fandom. Life is too short for self-inflicted misery, and to me, any and all stress about Clay Aiken (unless your are a member of his family or have a financial stake in his career) is totally voluntary. It is NOT something beyond your control.

Yeah that.

LAA? Haven't really discussed it because I still haven't had my epiphany. I see it speaks to a lot of people - I just ain't one of them. It's just so...whiny to me. I don't understand horror of being "alone" - not beinging in a "couple". Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my relationships tremendously, but when they are over? I enjoy being independent - in fact, there's something in me that really needs non-relationship time - and guys who have approached me in the LAA mindset, I run screaming from. Lyrics are simply in general not that important to me - and it has nothing to do with feelings. I guess in my heart of hearts, I really believe talk is cheap. (and sex without a deep emotional commitment can fun. Just sayin'. Not for everyone - but some people really do)

I'm not interested in pairing up with anyone, seriously or for fun--had plenty of that in my life but I'm in a different place now--but I still love this song. And I'm a lyrics person. I think this is a case where I enjoy the song for the story it tells, even though it isn't a story that I can relate to.

OMG - this just bears discussing:

I was reading in another place that several people stated that the reason he has lost 3/4 of his fan base is because he has not progressed as a artist

This is the stuff that pisses me off. The out and out arrogance of anyone who makes this statement! Progressed as an artist? You mean like Barry Manilow? Or Josh Groban? Or fill in the blank with any rapper's name! Or anybody else that's been singing the same damn stuff since genesis? (And I didn't mean Genesis the group) If someone truly does not think Clay has progressed from MOAM to OMWH.....even the musically challenged and untrained Iseeme can recognize the change!!!! Bubble-gummish pop songs (don't jump on me - I loved MOAM) to mature, beautiful lyrics and renditions....

:word:

I was reading in another place that several people stated that the reason he has lost 3/4 of his fan base is because he has not progressed as a artist

heh - this always reads to me as "he has not sung the kind of songs he needs to sing so that he can become the rock star I want him to be and that my kids will like so that I will therefore become cool by association".

Oh, so true!! Or at least that's the way it comes off. You have nailed it!

Sometimes, I think people mean he hasn't progressed as the artist they want him to be. So that means he hasn't define himself as an artist in their eyes.

Yup!

The reason I'm here is because I know myself. I was weaned on the passive agressive style of TWoP and when I found myself posting that way on a Clay fan board I knew it was time to go. I was just part of the problem that was making life difficult for those in the middle. These days it's just more about this being my home now and enjoying it so much that I don't want to be anywhere else.

You are me, except that it took me a whole lot longer than you to get here.

Been gone a long time clay fans. Just wanted to add my 2cents worth. Think his latest CD is his best! It has a large variety of different style songs. Think some might think he is'nt progressing as an artist because he doesn't write his own songs. Frankly I don't care. I just love hearing that beautiful voice. Even THE KING(Elvis) did'nt write his own material and it did'nt hurt his career at all. I'd put Clay right up there as having what Elvis had, a BEAUTIFUL VOICE!

<snip>

Awww.. thanks for reminding me of this.

I just couldn't possibly love him any more intensely. :wub:

That was fun to watch again!

I'm still trying to get through all the scruffy banter clips.

Had to shut down for a bit due to lightening & whatnot, then dinner with DH.

OH, "Humper girl"!

Naughty :naughtywag: Clay was hysterical!

I talked to Melody during intermission. She WAS over 18! hee

And cute as a bug. Little tiny thing.

Oh - how about "I think I just got Lei'd!"??

:lmaosmiley-1:

Did anyone mention Pala and Clay singing to himself...too funny.

That was hilarious!!

funny moments....well I love that bit on NAT when he starts..."Humping" this girl...and he kinda shocked himself...and they just kept laughing through out.

There are two clips that I'd love to download if I knew where to find them -- the one referenced above when he humped the girl, and the other is when some guy is onstage singing Invisible and cracked Clay up when he did the shirt tug.

Anyone? Bueller? KAndre?

The little humper boy--that was Charlotte NAT. Invisible--the singer....hmmmm.... I can't remember where that was....It was on the Solo Tour (NAT) also, I'm pretty sure.

Welcome Claymatron!!

Awww!

from CB via CV

Posted at the CB by kathleen06:

This weekend my town had a Relay for Life, sponsored by the American Cancer Society. After the opening ceremony they asked the survivors to walk the first lap, and since I am one, I participated. The song we walked to -- On My Way Here. It was so wonderful to hear that voice as all these folks walked around the track celebrating their win over cancer! Wish Clay could have seen it for a few moments. Once again, he touched people that he does not know about. He is always an inspiration.