#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

I really liked the blond hair, but I could get used to the darker hair...and I love Clay in longer hair...he needs to keep in that way.

Kim

OOOOh...I'm reacting verra verra nicely to that pic...indeedy do, I am :hubbahubba: Love the white PANTS! and pink shirt and the sunglasses on the head and the long hair...oh yes...hmmm...and I like the color, too...more natural and most likely more color coordinated with the carpet. :whistling-1:

Wait! Where's merrieee? His hair is getting close to Snowflake hair, isn't it? :unsure:

I really liked the blond hair, but I could get used to the darker hair...and I love Clay in longer hair...he needs to keep in that way.

Kim

Yeah, what she said. (I went all thru the list and didn't see a "yeah, that" emoticon - did I just miss it?)

And I love the man's shoulders.

And are those sunglasses sitting on his head, or something else? - Okay while I was typing this, I see someone else commented on the sunglasses.

Mmm, I missed the ALAWH discussion, but those lines are my favorites as well. I don't think I posted this? Hee - these things are totally useless beyond the pleasure I get from making them. I have no clue what to do with them once they're finished.

alawhani2.gif

And this one from a schmoopy day...

Loving.gif

I too made a July calendar from that graphic, as well as a cutsie one...

Click as you wish...

Loving July (regular screen)

Cutsie July (regular screen)

There are widescreen versions, as well as versions without dates on my yuku page.

Cindilu, I absolutely love these, thank you!!

Slightly larger version of the pic that aikim posted the link to:

somalia1_jun-jul08.jpg

Awwww.....now why did that make me mist up?? It's not like I really miss him.......................................................much.

To quote...uh....some girl group from a few years ago (my old mind can't remember...)...

Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...

that would be the incomparable Salt and Peppa!

I didn't know how much I missed the hair color until I saw it..but that pales in comparison to the little pitty pat of my heart. He looks so pensive in that pose. It's really only been a short time but it's nice to see him again. I'm also glad they chose to focus on female issues and I hope Clay can help shed light to all the many problems in the region.

ETA: nothing like losing your wireless while trying to edit

Wait! Where's merrieee? His hair is getting close to Snowflake hair, isn't it?

You rang???

OMG...Gah...slurp...swoon...thud...pant...white pants....no t shirt...dark hair.......i'm a goner!!!!!

(Dictionary.com word of the day is laconic! Quite apt I think!)

muski :It's not the hair in the sNOflake shot, it's his face! He doesn't look well to me!

That's the only problem with Clay and "dark" hair.......his skin is so pale(whiter than white)..it makes him look ill sometimes. I'll take him anyway I can get him but I do love his hair when it's lighter. Most of the shots of him with lighter hair are amazing(IMO)........then again there are some shots with the darker( not dark, dark) shoter hair that look great too.

OK...I'm torn here. Did it look like he had a goatee and a moustache to anyone else but me and aikim????(in the new UNICEF picture , I mean) Maybe it was just because the shot wasn't clear. Naw....can't be..huh?

Couch Tomato, you are a cool lady! I think I love you! :thbighug-1:

muski :It's not the hair in the sNOflake shot, it's his face! He doesn't look well to me!

I think he looked gorgeous, but maybe you could sense that a couple of days later the Kripa-bitch will take her swipe at him!

cindilu...thanks for the beautiful wallpaper, as usual. :F_05BL17blowkiss: I've started with the funny one, but I know I'm going to switch sometime this month because the loving one is so beautiful.

When he's with us, I breathe easier, but the point is, I still breathe when he's not around, so it can't be that big a deal. I just look forward to those easier breathing days somewhere in the future....it's all good, at least as long as I keep breathing.

What happened to the "I wanna do Clay" emoticon????

:DoClay: ...Oops, um, found it! (tm Sir Robin)

That's the only problem with Clay and "dark" hair.......his skin is so pale(whiter than white)..it makes him look ill sometimes. I'll take him anyway I can get him but I do love his hair when it's lighter. Most of the shots of him with lighter hair are amazing(IMO)........then again there are some shots with the darker( not dark, dark) shoter hair that look great too.

OK...I'm torn here. Did it look like he had a goatee and a moustache to anyone else but me and aikim????(in the new UNICEF picture , I mean) Maybe it was just because the shot wasn't clear. Naw....can't be..huh?

Nope, not just you. I thought it was a goatee and a moustache also. I hope it is. Gosh...I'd love to see a picture of him from the front. He looks old in that picture. Not elderly, just not 13 like on the Rolling Stone cover.

To quote...uh....some girl group from a few years ago (my old mind can't remember...)...

Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...

Thread title?

Very nice YouTube montage by All4Clay2004, from GCA, using Ambassador Aiken's UNICEF journeys set to ALAWH -

Edited to fix link!

I thought it was a goatee and mustache also and they looked pretty good to me. It was so nice to see a new picture of him. Really emphasized to me how much I missed him.

See?

What'd I tell ya?

That as soon as I got to work something would show up from UNICEF!

I love how relaxed he looks in the picture.

A goatee??!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Bet he looks CUTE!!!

Yes, Indeed! What a man!

I second that thread title! (or third it or whatever!)

Very nice YouTube montage by All4Clay2004, from GCA, using Ambassador Aiken's UNICEF journeys set to ALAWH -

Edited to fix link!

Loved it! Did ya'll know I love that song heh.

My cousin called me to ask me about Clay and the IIU and said two of her friends had mentioned it to her and said to ask me LOL. I told her I'd let her know as soon I knew but that he hadn't said a word.

Bookwhore..hee yeah I think he's finally of age hee.

Thanks Claymatron ... I love love!!

Slightly larger version of the pic that aikim posted the link to:

somalia1_jun-jul08.jpg

YAY!!! HIs hair is darker and long and looks more like my favorite hair ever!!!

A.K.A. AMA hair!!!

ama06-22f.jpg

And as to all that transpired on this board since I last posted, I always own my posts and how I say them. I was a bit taken aback by some that commented on what I said, not because anyone disagreed with me (I expect that!) but because I felt one or two were rude, condescending and belittling to me personally. not to the content of my post. But you know what? Those who wrote those posts would probably never think that is how they came off - whether it was their intent or not. I do think it might be eye-opening to go back a read what everyone wrote, though. You might be surprised - even at yourself. Or maybe you knew exactly what and how you would sound in which case, :mockery-046: !

My new found perspective has made me so much more mellow! :whistling-1:

Besides, who really cares! We have the perfect opportunity to discuss HAIR again!!!!! :00000442:

See, I love my pasty looking boyfriend! Always have...the blond is too Ken-dollish for my taste...dark hair and creamy skin...that's the ticket!

Dance, dance, dance!

CG :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I've always found a good glass of wine works, too! Hee Hee.

Well, my first day at the new job was really quite good. You cannot imagine how beautiful that nursery is - 17 acres of day lilies in full bloom...nearly as far as the eye can see. The place smells fresh and flowery and loamy and earthy and all that stuff. I think I'm really going to like it. I did fell like a wilted plant when I finally walked out of there though...its was 96 degrees today and the smoke is still hanging around! But I had a good time and I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow. After working in the business/corporate world for nearly 30 years it's so refreshing to do something you want to do - no boardrooms, no complaining customers, no impossible goals to meet......just.........plants and dirt!

Clay in white pants...........albeit baggy white pants.............. :Thud:

Must get off the computer - a kid needs to go to bed!

Goodnight all.

p.s. I will NEVER say the word fairytale again. :imgtongue:

Whew! I've officially given up on catching up here. There's no way I'm gonna read what everybody posted, much as I'd like to. I really miss being a part of the conversations here!

Somehow I'm having an extremely busy summer. I'm keeping quite busy with my daughters on the days I'm off, and then on days that I work there's always stuff going on in the evenings. I guess that's what comes with having two teenagers in the house! My older daughter turned 16 yesterday, and the younger one will be 14 in the middle of August.

Good news - as I suspected, there's nothing wrong with my lumbar spine. Yay!! :00000442: The MRI was essentially negative. Which means that I have piriformis syndrome. That's a pain in the butt - literally!

:cryingwlaughter:

I saw sports medicine chiropractor yesterday, who sleuthed out what's stressing my piriformis muscle and irritating the sciatic nerve, and what to do about it. It will take awhile to fix it, but at least I don't need back surgery!

How absolutely WONDERFUL to see the new UNICEF pic of Clay! It makes me so happy to see him doing something that brings him satisfaction and fulfillment. I'm hoping that we will get some clearer pictures, to determine whether he really has a goatee. It could be that it just looks like a goatee because the pic is rather blurry.

I think I'll join KAndre in dancing about Clay!

Dance, dance, dance!!! :nanas:

I'll just keep editing my post until you Australians wake up :cryingwlaughter:

waves to Kareneh!

Sorry Couchie! it's school holidays here and I have to pull rank if I want to get near the computer!...or TV....

See, I love my pasty looking boyfriend! Always have...the blond is too Ken-dollish for my taste...dark hair and creamy skin...that's the ticket!

Dance, dance, dance!

Hey KAndre word to this! ...but please no goatee.....

Good luck with the sewing ChaCha!

DRINKS ALL AROUND!!!

Here's what I'm having!

rum2.jpgrum3.jpg

what'll y'all have?? rum1.jpgrum4.jpg

Did I miss the party tonight?? I was out in the garage helping to bolt on the front fenders.

All's left is the front cowl, grill, spare tire, bonnets, lights, camera, action, oops, seats and steering wheel.

I think I probably left something out. As long as we don't leave anything out that needs to be attached!!

---

LOVE that Clay is in Africa bringing attention to some of the awful traditions there. There was a girl on this past season of America's Top Model who was from Ethiopia. She had been a victim of genital mutilation, and thought it was important to show others that life can go on by being a role model. She got pretty close to the top! She looked a lot like Iman, but didn't have the IT factor I guess. I think she came in 4th.

LONG LIVE THE CLAY!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

How come everytime I post the thread dies??????

hello1.gif???

:fest30: :bier: :me0: :ole0::nanas: :11:

Maybe I'll just go to bed.........0-0-0dragclay.gif

eta: thanks ausdon! It's all set to go, so maybe tomorrow I'll get some sewing done! It'll drive without the seat covers being sewn however, so we're working on the more important parts!

hee nothing like the feeling that you killed the thread is it...

I'm not partying tonight... failing miserably at working while watching SYTYCD... funnier was watching my nephew and neice do their dances during every commercial break. My Tyler's contemporary parodies would have ya'll in stitches.

I actually enjoyed hearing about all of your weddings. Some traditional, some not so traditional.

ChaCha...if you and Mr Cha Cha want to adopt a grown woman, I'll take my cash and you won't have to worry about paying for my wedding :hysterical:

heee I love that little laughing until it hurts emoticon. Canfly put a lot of the new emoticons in the thread! Thanks canfly.

Good news Gibby!

OK - I lied about going to bed......... :D

I went over to the Broads site and am rating the first two vids. I think it's going to be the TV Themes Medley.

Couchie - come on down!!! We can erect a tent in the yard like we did for chachadotter#4!! (Wedding-style tent, not sleeping tent!) We have a couple extra beds too, and an extra bathroom, just waiting for you. Come on down!!

(fairytale-free zone) :cryingwlaughter:

YOWSA!!! :hubbahubba: My phone has internet access, and that's where I first saw that beeee-utiful picture. Problem was that I kept drooling on it...yeah, bad thing. I couldn't wait to get home to see it up close! The dark hair is BACK! And it does look like he could have a goatee...if not, then maybe it's just lots of stubble...oh Lord help me. I'm just glad to see him. He looks absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait for a frontal shot...heh.

Lovely calendars and wallpapers as usual!

Iseeme, glad your first day went well!

Couchie, I feel exactly as you do about ALAWH. It just makes me want to siiiiiing! (tm Prince Herbert)

Fairytale weddings...mine was not exactly a fairytale wedding per se. It was very lovely albeit an economy wedding. I borrowed the dress, got my reception hall for free, and my friends contributed all the food. We had a blast!

My daughter called tonight crying because she broke up with her boyfriend of 2 years...she initiated the breakup. She hasn't been happy with him for a long time and it was a long distance relationship...very difficult. She was trying to explain what happened today and my phone went dead...no battery left...most likely from me staring at that picture all day. I did charge it up a bit and left her a voicemail apologizing. She's coming home tomorrow so we'll have a good visit over the long weekend.

Houseguests are coming too...gonna have a housefull! Heaven help me...