#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

Awww Lotus, I am sorry. I don't have that particular picture in my pb account. I thought it was posted in this thread early on but couldn't find it. Im sure someone will have it. Anyone?

CM.....now explain to me just how a penis could open a jar??? Is this a Canadian thing? :cryingwlaughter: By the way, what color of bow did he wear while he was in Somalia? I mean with those white pants....red might have been a little obvious.

Iseeme...what a tease. "Waldo-adjusting" picture shirt? How about posting it?

Awww Lotus, I am sorry. I don't have that particular picture in my pb account. I thought it was posted in this thread early on but couldn't find it. Im sure someone will have it. Anyone?

Ask and you shall receive:

CAiken051107_2.jpg

Now opening a jar should be in hints or something, but guys always handed me jars to open because it was too hard to learn themselves. If it is something with a metal lid like a pickle jar, you jsut take a can opener and pry the lid out enough so air gets sucked in and it is easy to open. Now with plastic bottle caps.... I bought a bunch of seltzer bottles wehre they forgot to perferate the top, talk about impossible to open, well maybe possible if you are :the Hulk". I use a knife to cut where the perferation should be and then open it. Usually the answer is to wrap a rubber band around a top to give you a grip.

Thanks laljeterfan. It has now been right clicked and saved. Was looking at the hem of those cargo shorts and they look like they're falling apart. I wonder if he has multiple pairs of those, as well. He's such a guy!

Usually the answer is to wrap a rubber band around a top to give you a grip.

I bet that's painful....

CM.....now explain to me just how a penis could open a jar??? Is this a Canadian thing? :cryingwlaughter: By the way, what color of bow did he wear while he was in Somalia? I mean with those white pants....red might have been a little obvious.

No, no, my dear, I said a penis is attached to a jar opener! Get it!?! The implication being that that's what men do best....ummm, nevermind!

No bows in Somalia, too hot....and so were those white pants...hawt, that is!!

Waldo adjustment? Oh, you meant bow adjustment? Thanks laljeterfan

ETA: Iseeme :lmaosmiley-1:

Thanks for the picture laljeterfan.

A physiotherapist once told me that it was not a good idea to forcefully twist off jar lids with your hands because that strong twisting motion overtime damages the finger joints so I went looking for a kitchen aid of some sort and found a product made by Zyliss that works a treat.

Now that I no longer have a man around that I can hand the jar to, I completely rely on it, besides even if I wanted to, I find that I just don't have the same strength in my hands that I used to even after holding the lid under hot water.

It has a 7"handle which acts as the lever. At one end in a knurled knob which when turned tightens or loosens up a ribbon of stainless steel which emerges from the other end. It even has a little rubber dohicky to help hold those small bottle tops. Tighten the steel ribbon around the lid, turn the lever and voila! open jar.

I don't know if the item is still available.

And for some Clay content, here's what I posted at LBFCA re the TINT versus Audition videos.

It really was no contest for me to choose TITN. One of my favourite images of Clay, and I have yet to figure out exactly why, is at 1.1.13 in the video. The way he moves his head towards the woman doing his hair...gets me every time. There is something very tender, contented about the gesture...then again it might just be that he was exhausted.

Also this video gives us 3 very different images of Clay. There is the vulnerable Clay in the tight tight sweater, the comfortable Clay in a living room setting being fussed over and then there is the tough Clay in jeans and a black leather jacket. I think that Mathew Rolston designed the video to appeal to the whole spectrum of Clay fans. Unfortunately, I think that Clay was dismayed by the leather jacket portrayal and that is why the video never made it to TV.

I just have the edited QVC songs on my computer but I think he did respond to the host's comments on the TITN video in such a way that today he would have no problem with it.

ETA: I love all three.

Clay content...I must rememer this if I ever visit Clay. I'm sure he doesn't have a corkscrew...and probably not an electric drill either. However, he does have a penis, which I'm sure has plenty of good uses... I bet he can open jars! :hubbahubba: !

LOL

Lotus: i might have to get me one of those. I'm pretty good at getting jars opened but recently had a jar of pickles that I just gave up on.

OK went to read the lyrics for As Long As We're Here..because I've never sat down with them and sang them at the top of my lungs before today (oh the joys of being alone)...

so why do our lyrics have:

And one of these days ... we're gonna take off and fly...

bwah..Note to self: update the lyrics on FCA page....and if he's really saying that ...I can't hear you :hysterical:

Anyway, I think this song for me is mostly about Clay's voice and the music/arrangement. Clay's voice does everything I love in just this one song. The song builds..I don't know anything about music but aren't there tempo changes here too..it's like symmetrical heee..I know damn well that's not a musical term. :hysterical: The song just does so many things and then it builds towards Clay just wailing away - soft/powerful... I just love it. As for the lyrics...

Let's make the most of our time as long as we're here... that I understood... hee And it's just something I strongly believe in. It can be about anything.

I like the rest of the lyrics as well. Words said in anger ... yep yep..

I've had this song on repeat for the last couple hours...I think I'm pretty much obsessed with it at this point.

And whatever Cotton said about the meaning...me too.

And since I've never used this one before...

:013085001176249046:

Alright, Clay's shirt on the ET thingie has been nagging at me for some reason.

th_psacap1.jpg

I finally had time to hit up my photobucket for historical comparisons. I think the dude must have the same plaid western-style shirt in multiple colors.

ClayAngie.jpg

Chautaquacandid.jpg

CAiken051107_3.jpg

CedarPoint6.jpg

And, yes, I am semi-embarrassed I spent part of my holiday afternoon on this question... :whistling-1:

I love you for doing this!!!

Bombs should not be tossed in the the PM messenger.

:cryingwlaughter::cryingwlaughter: Oh Lordy, this made me think of Brother Maynard!

Oh Lord, bless this thou holy PM that with it thou mayest blow thine enemies to tiny bits in thy mercy. Then the Lord spake saying first shalt thou type up the holy PM then shall thou count to three. Three being the number which thou shalt count, then thou shalt click 'send', lobbying the holy PM towards thy foe who have been naughty in my sight shall snuff it.

BWAH!!!

And . . . somebody says she deserves a cookie.

I brought enough for everybody!

chocchipcookie_hero.jpgcookies.jpgchocchipcookie_hero.jpg

YUM!!!

Beauty, laughter, and treats! My favorites!!

(Scarlett posting from KAndre's keyboard):

Not caught up but just wanted to say that we celebrated the Fourth by watching Madagascar (Penguins rule!!!), eating ordering a lot of food at Ragin' Cajun, and reviewing the hotels and sights for our Hong Kong trip. A lot of the Guangzhou brochures emphasized vigor, which I suppose could come in handy for opening jars and such. OTOH, while vigor is usually a good thing, I'm not so sure it's a good adjective to use for an entire city.

We'll probably pick this hotel:

Since the customers’ satisfaction and comfortability is the hotel’s eternal pursuit, it will always do it best to construct the ideal environments and serve you with full hearts.

Happy Fourth of July to all!!!

Hey, I eat what I order!

C'mon, there's always room for one more! And we could get this hotel instead:

Nan Zhou grand hotel is located in Guang Zhou City Hai Zhu District being by the side of the visitor pearl passenger station having organism's habits environmental protection, the intellectualized construction project throughout the country, is a star of one concerning foreign affairs or foreign nationals guest level business affairs hotel.

And only $32 a night for "intellectualized construction"!

I wanna go to Hong Kong too. :cry:

Back when my mother was really old, but not yet so feeble that people were checking on her daily to see if she needed anything, she had a jar of pickles she couldn't open. She got out her walker, put the jar in the basket, and went down the street (which gets a lot of foot traffic due to the big university near by) till she found some stranger walking by to open the jar for her. I thought that was amazingly resourceful of her. (She prizes her independence.)

I'm all proud of myself and stuff today because I just learned how to replace a doorknob. Stop laughing at me! I've never had to do this kind of stuff before....I thought it required a penis and a special screwdriver and knowing the right cuss words. I think I deserve a cookie.

BWAH!! And, ahhhhh, you bring back so many memories of being a grown person learning to do all those things that people didn't teach girls how to do way back when.

I checked the Listening Party thread - I can't believe I didn't edit ALAWH.

So here it is. I think it's right per the CD.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

(I took out the ellipses)

As Long As We're Here

why do we have to fight

why can't we spend our time trying

I wanna be close to you

Keep love from slipping through my hands

words said in anger

aimed at someone

Are hard to take back once the damage is done

Let's stop now

As long as we're here alive on this earth

I'm gonna love you for all that it's worth

And one of these days we're gonna understand why

Let's make the most of our time

As long as we're here

Some people live their lives

Holding their fears inside them

Afraid to build windows

To let the light of the world in

They hide in the darkness of self-imposed walls

If they could just tear them down they'd have it all

Let's make the most of our time

As long as we're here

When you're with me

I breathe easy

you are my need

right now love me

As long as we're

As long as we’re here

I'm gonna love you

Let's make the most of of our time

Oh, I'll make the most of our time

As long as we're here

As long as we're here

Did I mention I love this song?

:)

I LOVE . . .

"My-y-y Ha-a-ands"!!

I LOVE . . .

"My-y-y Ha-a-ands"!!

Me too :wub:

I hope you are putting your edited lyrics in the lyrics thread.

I LOVE . . .

"My-y-y Ha-a-ands"!!

Me too :wub:

I hope you are putting your edited lyrics in the lyrics thread.

Oops!!

I've done a bunch, too!

Okay.

I posted the edited lyrics for several of the songs.

Please look them over and see if you see anything that needs correction.

Thanks.

Play - Why?

I kind of think of it as a global "why".

Understand why there is fighting and why we don't "let the light of the world in" and why we gall in love with the people we fall in love with.

Everything.

All the things that compromise the limited understanding we have as humans.

???

That's just me.

It's poetry. Open to interpretation of the reader, listening, etc.

:F_05BL17blowkiss:

Greetings! I post as the proud mother of a softball player whose blasting double with two girls on base in our last possible time at bat recharged the team to go on to two more runs in that inning to bring the team from a game long 4-1 defeat to win the danged thing 5-4! :ole0: I'm telling ya...our girls looked Lou-zeeee! for about 1 hour and we parents were gearing ourselves up for those post-game "You'll pull it together in the NEXT game, gals!" type platitudes...when

POW! A humongo fly ball by number 26 (that would be Carrie ;) )to center field just past the scrambling center fielder and suddenly we're back in the game 4-3! Everybody woke up and the next batters figuratively stepped up to the plate, too, and We Won!

Exciting! AND...(It's my birthday, so you have to listen to me brag about my daughter heh)...Carrie, playing second base for only the second time (our regular great second baseman is in Italy with her family), made a bee-yuuu-teee-ful double play! :nanarow: She didn't pitch this game, so it was great to see her play well in other positions.

Okay...you can start reading now... :whistling-1::cryingwlaughter:

Did I tell you that this daughter of mine that I often refer to as the more challenging one also suprised me with a very unusual birthday present? She got a star named after me! So cool! I think she was more excited about showing me the cool chart of where it is in our Milky Way and an elaborate AUTHENTICATING CERTIFICATE! How verra, verra cool. I was a blubbering mess when I opened it...

Now 25 13-year-old softball players and various parents and siblings are descending on a Chevy's nearby for dinner and then we'll search for fireworks....

Bookwhore...hmmm.....Clay and fireworks and explosions all in the same story? I'm not sure I understand the connection... :whistling-1:

That loud pink plaid shirt CMSU! :hysterical: Only Clay....bet the camera person loved that one...

dot dot dot? Hell, I can't post without them!

:huh:

Now watch, the admins will make that a rule---no dot dot dots! B)

Thanks for all the Happy Birthday wishes, y'all. It's a leeetle skeery finally turning 39.

:imgtongue:

However, yesterday I got word that I am now an official "Wine Merchant". In other words...I passed that sucker!! Whew! (Sorry about the long winded explanation).

Happy 4th of July to all you lovely American folks!

Yaaay you, the wine merchant!! Knew you could. :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I finally had time to hit up my photobucket for historical comparisons. I think the dude must have the same plaid western-style shirt in multiple colors.

Isn't that hilarious?? What a GUY!! :hysterical: Sorry, honey, ugliest shirts I've ever seen...maybe suitable for the tractor on the farm?

I have used an electric drill to remove a cork from a bottle though, (in keeping with my earlier wine theme) and impressed the hell outta my host and hostess.

I bet you have! (insert evil grin here.....)

I LOVE . . .

"My-y-y Ha-a-ands"!!

My favorite tooooooo!!!

Understand why what? That is the one lyric that throws me.

Ditto. But I kind of relate it to him, in a way, even though I know that's not what he means. You know, "our" trying to figure out what it is about him.....???

I take it as his saying the same thing about the relationship of the people in the music.

Happy 4th to everyone "Down Under"....and I don't mean in Oz!...although, happy 4th to them too! :lol:

Forgot!!

For everyone who purchased a MusicPass, whenever you purchased it....could I remind you please to download the music/videos from your pretty bookmark?

I'm talking out of my ass of course....but I kind of think Clay might not get credit for the sale unless it is actually downloaded.

Humor me.....and THANKS!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Forgot!!

For everyone who purchased a MusicPass, whenever you purchased it....could I remind you please to download the music/videos from your pretty bookmark?

I'm talking out of my ass of course....but I kind of think Clay might not get credit for the sale unless it is actually downloaded.

Humor me.....and THANKS!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

The music pass has videos???!!!