#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

I just did the two latest match ups over at the Broads site, but the voting part isn't showing for me this morning. BMUB vs OMWH Kimmel is no contest. As much as I love OMWH, BMUB was quite the moment in history. I love the way he took command of that stage and if he was nervous (which he must have been!) I sure can't see it. Mind blowing! As for the next match up, TITN Raleigh vs MOAM Capital 4th, that's a hard one! If the Raleigh video was better quality and I could see his expressions and understand his words, it might tip the scales, but as it stands, I'll give it to MOAM. What an honour that must have been for him.

Found this at the CH, and even though it's not the 4th anymore, I'm still going to use it for a few days as my desktop. *g*

Found this at the CB, it's really nice.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/mo...3/july4thwp.jpg

My first glimpse of Clay in person was at the AI tour in Buffalo, NY. It was surreal. I've recounted my story of losing my mind during Invisible a few times, I think. My red glow stick burst. Heh. All over the people around me who were Ruben supporters. :blush: Here's a pic my friend took that night.

th_Scan313_small.jpg

Morning all! My day yesterday didn't QUITE go as planned. Friends came over, and we were going to go to see Wanted and then have a cookout at our house. Just as we were walking out the door for the movie, my SIL's sister called. My brother and SIL are on a LONG vacation to visit their kids -- B and SIL live in Quincy, so they end up taking care of my Mom a lot. Hubby and I are staying in their house this weekend. Anyway, the phone call was about their being no water in the house! We finally convinced SIL's sister that an emergency number could be found, and we left for the movie. As we're driving there, my cell phone starts beeping -- phone message. Wait until we get to the theater, send hubby off to buy tickets while I'm getting the message. It's my Mom's nursing home -- she's been taken to the emergency room. Uh-oh. We get a refund for the movie tickets and head back home to figure out what to do. The nursing home calls us back two hours later -- she's back at the home, but has early pneumonia. We still had our picnic, but it was scary for a while. Hubby and I are going today to find out what's up, and I hope she's willing to see us for the weekend. When she's sick, she hates having visitors. (BTW, I'll be back tomorrow evening -- ya'll be good!)

For me, the first Broads contest is no matchup again -- sorry jmh, but Buttercup showed me "large and in charge Clay" and that was amazing to see. The second one, though -- geez. I haven't voted for it yet, and I may have to think about that one the entire weekend before voting. Raleigh's TITN was magical, the emotion there was palpable, even if I wasn't there. But that MOAM performance was such an honor as well, and he sang the shiznit out of it. Decisions, decisions.

kf -- MUAH! That one black and white picture, taken by the lovely Karen Eh?, with Clay laughing is one of my most favorites EVAH. And for you to be so close to him for your first show ever had to have been electrifying.

My first time seeing Clay -- St. Louis AI Tour. Hubby and I were in an upper bowl seat, about half way back from the stage....so I could see the floor open up and Clay walk on to that platform. It was electric, even if I could only see him through binoculars. I was in lurve by that point.

Good Morning Everyone,

Liney23, Thank you..I still have that post and am waiting for a Meet and Greet so I can thank Clay in person.

BMUB...That was when my infatuation with his neck/adam's apple started...would love just one nibble.

The performance when the ladies thought Clay was so sexy and Faye made that comment was Sugar Pie Honey Bunch...it was the the arm movement that did it.

1 Day until Clay is on CNN for UNICEF!

:woohoo:

Everyone have a great day!

Kim

I"m in so much trouble... promised on my first born that I wouldn't forget to put up the new thread poll..eek.... even told Ansa to nooooooooo go to bed I'll do it. heee. Oh well, what's another few hours going to hurt...goin back to bed.

Just wanted to let you know that the site that hosts the polls that the Broads are using for the tournament is down. That's why, luckiest, there weren't any voting buttons this morning. Danielle says that she's used this site before for other polls and this happens sometimes. It's usually back up and running within a day or so. She's going to hold off posting more, and keep the ones that are there now, up, until the site is working again.

:013085001176249046:

AWWWWW I love BMUB!!! I actually love that song...one of those fun party songs that I will always put in my playlist if I just want to be cheered up. Never think of the lyrics.

I love this clip not just because of the confidence...but this is when I really knew he has grown so much in his confidence and just his demeanor. Then that subtle wit shows up when he responded to Simon's inquiry of what the song means...It is a British song....BWAH!!!! so great in so many levels....

Another big AWWW to KF for her first year anniversary of her first Clay live experience...love those pictures!!! as the say the first time will always be special!!!

My first time was Toronto JBT...here is the FCA Toronto JBT page...

That night was full of special memories....

first time he sang TRD...which is one of my most favorite Clay songs...

Clay passed three feet in front of us on his way to where Jaymes sat....he looked wonderful!!!!

I loved how he sang O Canada and love the special Canada banter

Loved the whole bit with Jaymes...that was the first time I realized that Jaymes was someone special in his life...that she was at least in the same level as Quiana and Angela. I did not get to save the picture of Jaymes in the silly Disco get up but I remember seeing that and thinking she is a very attractive and sexy lady....

That night was also memorable cos its my first up close encounter with the fandom. I saw a lot of great things about it but also a lot of OTT behavior. The best part was meeting some great people like shelleyc who was with me for the whole night and other people who usually lurk at message boards.

Clay was beautiful ...and he sounded wonderful. I will never forget how solid his vocals were. I don;t think any recording device will ever fully capture the power of that voice....

I am looking forward to the OMWH concert tour because I am determined to see him perform these songs live!!!!

When I first watched the Kimmel OMWH on my tv set, although it's less than a year old, something sounded a little off. But watching that video, I loved it. Maybe one note was a little bit disconcerting and it was different than the cd but I loved it. It had a little bit more vibrato but not enough to sound like a goat. It was a very touching and emotional version for me.

Build me Up Buttercup was a stand out performance for AI, at least through the second season since i haven't watched since.

ALAWH, I think it's great. Clay really sells it and I can envision him singing it to someone. I don't really care what why means as long as he sings it the way that he does here, especially the why-y-y-y-y-y-y. No way would I ever skip this song.

Maybe it's just me but I always thought Clay had a lilt to his voice that I hear in many older Canadian singers. Could it just be an agility that his voice has? Kind of aerobics for the voice? Or could it be the Jaymes influence? I don't know but I like it a lot. :lilredani:

Claygasm, maybe it feels like ganging up on someone who might be critical of Clay because the majority of poster like to look on the bright side of life. To me it is easier to praise the positive and let the little annoyances go by the wayside. Its just a matter of outlook. Even the people I hired during my career, I would always praise the good things and just explain a better IMO way of doing things that did not please me. :shrug:

Since Claytonic asked, here is my post and Clay's response (hope I don't get edited for posting official OFC content, LOL!)

I haven't gotten my Music Pass yet. I'll try to track one down tomorrow. This is only at Target right?

So far, yes, although it will be at other retailers later.

MusicPass info

My first glimpse of Clay in person was at the AI tour in Buffalo, NY. It was surreal. I've recounted my story of losing my mind during Invisible a few times, I think. My red glow stick burst. Heh. All over the people around me who were Ruben supporters. :blush: Here's a pic my friend took that night.

th_Scan313_small.jpg

What a great picture, thanks for that! He looks all of 12. :wub:

Ya made me look!!!

I dl'd BMUB.

My that was fun. Haven't watched any AI stuff - except for AIR - in ages.

He did nail that one, didn't he? And that suit on him was Scrumptious!

Also - Frisco - I've seen very very little of it because I was going to Houston and trying to stay unspoilered. So that HYCA was cool, too. He looked so happy to see/hear the audience reception!

I haven't watched the latest competing videos at LBFCA, but I'm pretty sure BMUB will get my vote just for the iconic profile with "ooooo-ooooo ooooo-ooooo."

Bitmap-347_jpg.jpg

I'm with jmh in that I didn't like the original song at all. When I heard it announced for Clay's 60's selection, I was immediately disappointed. Of all the great songs of the 60's Clay was going to sing Build Me Up Buttercup??? WTF could he be thinking? But then the music started, Clay hit that first note and I realized I should never prejudge anything he ever chooses to sing, whether I particularly liked it before is totally immaterial. Yeah, Dawg, I was entertained too! And I give it a Standing O for Covert Sexy.

Good morning.

Ahhh Aikim - thanks for posting that. I remember reading it in "real time"but I couldn't remember all of it. Claytonic beat me to it - was going to ask you to post it again. OH - and it was Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch...of course! Eep.

Gotta love the mountains - the dog woke me up during the night barking her fool head off (Lab barks come from their back toes.......) I yelled at her and told her to shut up, finally got her settled down but she kept getting up and growling at the front door. I figured it was deer out there. Well......got up this morning and found out the bear had been in my garbage. It was spread ALL OVER. Yuck. Have to get bungee cords today to lock it down. What a mess.

Toronto JBT was my very favorite concert ever!!! Ever!!! Hair, orange shirt, nice jeans, boots.........beautiful venue, good friends, GREAT pre-party, met Claymatron, GrandsRgreat and Cindilu2 for the first time (among others) and spent 2 days with my really, really good buddy Clayanne. Another favorite concert was ITour in Kansas City. We were in the 4th row, one seat over from the catwalk. (Linda of Bob and Linda fame was sitting in that one seat) Some lady had skyjumped that day and had a sign that said she did it for Clay. He saw it, sat on the edge of the stage with those big feet dangling and proceeded to tell her she didn't do it for him, she did it for herself and she was crazy. He also passed right by us on the way to the stage for his entrance.....stopped about 3 feet from us, knees bent, in full wail on Kyrie. I had goosebumps. There is NOTHING like being up close to Clay when he is "large and in charge!" Nothing.

That picture from the AI Buffalo show - he looks soooooo skinny!!!!! And Jerome is already in full protection mode..... :F_05BL17blowkiss:

Thanks so much for the welcome! I would love to keep posting here - you all seem like awesome folks, and I look forward to getting to know you!

Happy belated birthday, Muskifest!

CouchTomato, I'm totally addicted to Design Star and The Next Food Network Star! Sounds like the best way to spend the holiday. :)

Also, I put new voting buttons up on the Video Tournament pages at LBFCA. (I promise I'm not here as a tournament-ho - I'm just so excited y'all are playing along and enjoy it!). Sorry about the glitch with the voting buttons. The new buttons are fancier and should work a lot better.

Thanks again for the welcome. I'm excited to join FCA! :)

*goes off to watch MOAM Capitol Fourth for the brazillionth time*

Since Claytonic asked, here is my post and Clay's response (hope I don't get edited for posting official OFC content, LOL!)

Was this when people were saying that Spamalot was the worst possible career move he could make? :wordpooper:

Was this when people were saying that Spamalot was the worst possible career move he could make? :wordpooper:

Yes, back in Sept, 07 when it was first announced.

Kim

Yes, back in Sept, 07 when it was first announced.

Kim

Ah it was nice seeing that again. It made me all misty.

You know, Kim, the sentiment express is so simple, like so much common sense. I don't read OFC so have no real idea what was going on when you stepped in with that straightforward beautiful post. It reminds me of what I"m watching now, teh Williams sister in the WImbledon final. These are rare athletes that have more than one singular focus and so tennis isn't the only thing in their lives. They've often been criticized for not devoting their every moment to the game. Well the guy calling the match just admitted that what was what HE wanted - to devote their all, play forever and have racked up double digit wins. When to them, hey I also like exploring these parts of myself. Clay has that same right - not to do the expected or what we hope or want for him but to follow his own heart. Bravo again for that post. And I'm glad that in the sea of all that doubt, negativity (I'm assuming because I didn't see it) he saw your post.

Come on Serena..you can do it. heh. oh well she couldn't ... congrats Venus.

Waves to Danielle!!

Thanks for bringing that over, I remember reading it at the time because about the only time I go over to the OFC is when Clay posts or blogs. I didn't realize that was your screen name over there.

And speaking of blogging, that is about the only thing I get peeved at with Clay, the fact that getting him to blog is like pulling teeth. So frustrating. Everything else I'm pretty easy. I don't get upset if he says something politically incorrect or with how he does his hair or what he wears, etc. Don't understand what it is about him that I can get so fascinated with him just yawning. In some ways, not in the dirty ways though, it's like the way I felt when my kids were little and everything about them was so fascinating. I could have spent hours just looking at them and that is how I feel about Clay, with lusting included.

Well that was a complete class act - Venus Williams' interview after receiving her trophy!!!! Now I want the Williams sisters to win the doubles!!!! That must be sooo hard for their family - who do you clap for! Great athletes.

I sincerely hope some people have learned their lesson. You know, the ones who were so adamant that Clay was destroying his career by signing on with Spamalot!!! If he was reading the OFC it must have been disappointing that a group of people were so outspoken about how he was going to make an ass of himself, etc. etc. Glad he saw Aikim's post.

Welcome Danielle!

My first time seeing Clay live was the JNT show in the infamous Sewell, NJ. I clearly remember my first thought when he walked onto the stage, "OMG. He's real!"

:8: I don't know what took me so long to start going to Clay concerts. I had been on the boards since early on in AI and was a fan from the time I his audition tape first aired.

Once I broke that seal, though....

(Hey, who said there is something wrong with 3 dots.....)

Couchie; There were and still are people in the fandom who can't seem to see beyond the end of their nose and only want Clay to sing...anything else is just unfathomable or maybe it just scares them to think of Clay doing anything else but sing.

I just want Clay to do what makes him happy and whatever that is, I will be here to support him.

That was probably the single most thrilling event in my fandom and there are still times when I think about it and can't believe he actually responded to something I said. I know the OFC can be the wild west at times, but since it is the board that Clay reads, I always think it is good to post some positive thoughts there.

Kim

Thanks so much for posting that screencap, Aikim! I was there during real time, too. Clay's response to your post was so heartwarming!

It would be hilarious to juxtapose the posts in that thread with the video and pictures taken of Clay on the rooftop after his last Spamalot performance. Add in a few of the good reviews, and the short video clips of him in Spamalot, and you would see how the angsting was so ridiculous. Good thing to keep in mind the next time fans predict the end of Clay's career!

So many people who were at Sewel - how come I never met any of you?

:8: I had not met a single Clay fan in person prior to that show. I met my good friend cagney in person for the first time that night, and despite phone conversations and plans to meet up, it wasn't easy to connect.

It was nice to meet you in NY on Clay's closing night of Spam, though.

So many people who were at Sewel - how come I never met any of you?

hee isn't it funny to meet people later who have been walking a parallel journey. It's one of the things I love about FCA..getting to meet so many of you years after we started down this road.

Thanks for bringing over your post (and Clay's!) from the OFC, aikim! How special it must have been to know that your words touched him so much that he felt compelled to comment! I hope you do get your M & G some day so that you can tell him in person what it meant to you. :F_05BL17blowkiss: