#36: It ain't my life, just my passion!

ldyjocelyn

New Thread Title Poll  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like our next thread title to be?

• Whatta man, whatta man, whatta mighty good man...
    • And the biggest protection of all will be love
    • Tell me another person that's ever gone through the Idol mill with such gifts.
    • Clay is the master lemonade maker
    • If you don't get Clay, no explanation is possible, and if you do, no explanation is necessary.
    • And--just on general principles--I love Clay.
    • muchos gracias to a globe-trotting, lazy-ass, dog-loving, soft-rocking dude!
    • Very nice to look at...this very well put together firecracker.
    • the class clown got to be the star
    • Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.
    • FCA - An anarco-syndicalist commune of cyclically in sync nomadic omnivores
    • when the sweetsingerman finds a style he likes he buys a dozen!!!!

I remember it well, Aikim. Just beautiful, and he made us all pretty misty that night. Wasn't that the same night he went to chat and changed Karen Eh? to Kareneh?

WHAT? Have I heard that story? Cuz ya'll know for years years, even before Clay, I was COUCHTOMATO, not couch tomato... Clay renamed me too. bwah.

Gosh, that last match-up from the Broads was a tough one. Raleigh TINT was so special, a magical moment in Clay fandom history, but that MOAM from the Capitol Fourth was stunning. The latter got my vote, after much internal debate and radio button switching.

I agree, duckyvee- it was tough! But Raleigh TITN gave me goosebumps from start to finish, so it got my vote. The crowd energy and screaming was fantastic, and Clay's emotional reaction was heart rending. It was wonderful to watch it again.

I missed the AI roadshow, so my first time to see Clay was at the Denver IT. That's the show that gave us stubble!Clay! I was drooling big-time that night! But I had to keep it in check, because DD#1 was with me. Here's a pic from that night:

Denverkyrie.jpg

Yikes!! Haven't totally caught up but I had to respond to this from Lotus way back.

That 's a lot to take in for a woman whose been drinking wine and hasn't held a penis in her hand for over 5 years!

I'm still LMAO here.....BWAH! :hysterical: :lmaosmiley-1: :cryingwlaughter:

Heading out for another day of softball, y'all! See ya later! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I remember it well, Aikim. Just beautiful, and he made us all pretty misty that night. Wasn't that the same night he went to chat and changed Karen Eh? to Kareneh?

WHAT? Have I heard that story? Cuz ya'll know for years years, even before Clay, I was COUCHTOMATO, not couch tomato... Clay renamed me too. bwah.

Kareneh knows this better than me, but the recollection is that Karen Eh? posed a chat question about auditioning for Spamalot, or choreography maybe?, and in his response he addressed her as Kareneh. Thus, it is written.

Did anyone watch the Capitol Fourth last night? I saw parts of it on the repeat and was less than impressed. Huey Lewis was terribly cute and he still looked verra verra nice in his jeans, but the voice has weakened and the music was less than compelling. He was followed by Taylor Hicks who tried mightily but could not ignite the crowd. It was kind of sad near the end of Dancing in the Dark when he tried to recreate the Springsteen/Courtney Cox video moment. He went off the stage to the front row where people were sitting on their blankets and he extolled them to Get Up! yet they were unmoved. Finally, he just pulled this poor woman up from the ground to do a 7-second turn with him, yeah, it was also not compelling. The only electricity of the night came when the fireworks started going off to Jerry Lee Lewis singing Great Balls of Fire. My favorite parts of the show were Brian Stokes Mitchell and Hayley Westenra. As many times as I've heard Impossible Dream done badly, hearing it sung well makes up for everything.

ETA: Just remembered that at the hour Clay is coming up on the CW network to sing ICHM and charm me yet again!

jmh123 The photo also reminds me of the short, hawt clip we have of him doing air drums while standing in that spot.

He did airdrums that night but I'm really not sure if that's the clip. When I saw him doing airdrums it was very clear to me that the man has rhythm and just needed confidence. He was so damn cute....just kind of doing his own thing, dancing and doing his air drums, moving those shoulders - feeling the beat. He absolutely OWNED that stage that night.

I adore the airdrums clip, although since I changed computers, I have no idea which hard drive it is on. And I agree he has always had rhythm...I am careful to avoid getting into debates with KAndre, however, on what constitutes actually being a dancer. *smirks at Mighty Mistress (the Tolerant) and throws in a head toss for good measure* LOL By the way, KAndre, did merrieeee pass on my message about the shout-out to you in the new movie WALL-E? There's a scene with a SPORK! Total shout-out. So, how do you know the people at PIXAR, anyway? Oh, that's right...that whole world domination thing. :)

Buttercup was something else. Not a big fan of the song but Clay was definitely totally in control when he sang it. I think people still thought of him as the skinny nerd who was undergoing the makeover....but the professionalism and the delivery was just great!!!! I do believe that's the night he became a force to be reckoned with!!! Wasn't that the song where Faye had some friends over and they were commenting about how sexy he looked and she reminded them that "ladies, that's my SON!" Hee.

Guh, he was so long and lean and sleek in that suit! But, I believe it was "I Can't Help Myself" where the sexy finger waggle made the ladies twist the fringe on Faye's ottoman...and to this day, 'I can't help myself' is my designation at the CH. heh Yeah, I liked it...just a little bit. :)

aikim, thanks for bringing that post/reply here. I think I would drop to the floor in a dead (but gratified) faint if Clay ever responded to me that way. heh And I think it was a very good thing you did that day.

keepingfaith, thanks for posting those pictures of Karen Eh?'s...I can't believe how many of them I have NEVER seen. At some point, I guess I missed them. *swoony sigh* He's so dreamy! And those hips? Those hips are lethal. :)

Thanks for all the pictures, y'all. And, while I was proofing this post, Gibby just heartlessly murdered me with the one with Clay in the fedora. Guh! And also GAH!!!

As for the Raleigh TITN? I think every person, at some point in their life, should stand on the stage of their life, if only in their imagination, and be inundated with nearly endless applause, as Clay was that night. That, my friends, THAT was a "moment". I hope that's an experience stored forever in his nervous system. Isn't that the "moment" captured on film and framed, which may be hanging on the wall somewhere in his home to this day? I can't remember who took that iconic photo, but I loved it. (Her name is on the tip of my brain, but I can't quite reach it). Here is an altered/similar version of the picture I'm thinking about but of course cannot find quickly on my computer(s). Y'all remember? :)

duckyvee

My first time seeing Clay live was the JNT show in the infamous Sewell, NJ. I clearly remember my first thought when he walked onto the stage, "OMG. He's real!"

Bwah! I've heard of others having a similar reaction. He's really real! LOL

(Hey, who said there is something wrong with 3 dots.....)

I don't remember either! But the dot dot dots are very useful useful useful...But not in a Barbara Cartland kind of way. (As anyone who has ever read her old romance novels can attest). I don't intend to stop using them anytime soon. In fact, from now on, I intend to feel just a little naughty every time I do. *eyebrows*

Okay, to justify my Barbara Cartland reference, for those who will have no clue...here's a quick excerpt:

"I love you, my darling!" he said. "I love you so overwhelmingly, so completely, that it is going to take me a lifetime to tell you how much you mean to me."

"I love you ... too!" Alexia murmured. "But there do not seem to be enough words in which to ... express it."

"I told you your vocabulary was limited," the Marquis said with a smile.

So, yeah. Not all dot dot dots are created equal.

Who knew there were so many ways for pure, naive, helpless virgins to be wooed/seduced by virile, rich, dominating men? Hmm...(she thought, putting a slender finger against her slightly parted lips) did any of those historical hero types ever wear WHITE PANTS with as much confidence as one Clay Aiken?

huh

I doubt it.

But hey, in her day, the woman was a legend.

bio-sketch.jpg

Come here, dahling, and...

So, yeah. Not all dot dot dots are created equal.

BWAH...omg...I don't think I've read her although I have been known to pick up a romance novel or two. I actually had a friend who wrote them. 00lsee, you'll only be naughty if you do that at TWoP... I've been given warnings for writing like that over there. They no likey.

Hi! Just checking in since I didn't get to connect after getting home from all the Clack-watching and trip-planning yesterday.

Thanks for bringing back the memories, keepingfaith!

Barbara Cartland? I remember her too. I think she had a heroine named Lynette who lived with her step-cousins in Hong Kong -- I'm not kidding -- though her real guardian was this dark mysterious brooding stranger...

eta. oh, it was Linetta (same difference)

ETA: Kareneh, ah, that was a great night to be online/onchat. So much fun!!! And that Frisco picture -- seeing him with that huge grin on his face last year, how could anyone ask for more?

*Sigh* Yep, that's me changed forever. *Sigh* Remember, he came into chat and answered my question...made a typo of my name and I was re-dubbed. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!! Ooops! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Tomorrow I get to pack my few measly articles of summer clothing into one of those many suitcases in there. My plane leaves on Monday morning! Would have been nice if our stuff, which docked in Istanbul in the middle of June had made its way here before I had to leave. Most of my summer clothes and sandals are in Iran somewhere, still. That is assuming they've left Turkey. Thank God, I have my Columbia flips with me! I would be traveling barefoot. Like Gandhi.....just not quite as serene or benevolent. At least the travel agent got our seats figured out so that Carolyn is no longer sitting on my lap all the way from London to Halifax.

Build Me Up Buttercup......I noticed him before this one. Definitely noticed. But that night, I sat UP and took notice. I remember the feeling like it was yesterday and that chair wasn't in storage. No one was home and I had my first major "Holy Sh*t" moment with Clay. :hubbahubba:

Which reminds me Happy Belated Birthday to muski!!

And Lotus you cracked me up, too. That was one funny line!

Measure of a Man turned out to be one of my long term favorites from the 1st CD. Early on it was okay but it was the song I most looked forward to in last summer's tour. Had to vote for it in the tourney. My God, he looked so young!

Akim, that was a great post. What a great feeling to know that you touched him like that. Very cool.

I have the hardest time finding conversations over at the OFC. People talk about this and that thing that happened there or is happening and when I go looking, I seem to be at a loss most of the time. Maybe things are deleted before I get there and that's my trouble.

I was digging in the Frisco folder yesterday, too, looking for something for a class project. What a good time that was! zena where the hell are you, girl? keepingfaith, I talked to guitargirl for a very few minutes today but we didn't have time to get into a long reminiscence. What a crazy weekend that was....with the best fireworks ever! I've always been kind of partial to this one.

172428578_MhRHq-L.jpg

(come to think of it, my best camera, that Nikon, is in that truck somewhere in Iran! Or I hope it's in that truck...)

I love Design Star too! Isn't that Tracey a bitch?

My first time seeing Clay was the Philly IT. From the front row. On the side he came in on. I had bought my camera the night before. Never used it before. First security said no cameras but when he saw all the cameras that popped up he said to go ahead, so I did!

2004_0302Image0036.jpg

When he walked in front of me, I was struck by how small he seemed! Not as tall as I thought and so slight in build! And soooooooo young! But I swear, as soon as he hopped up onto that stage, he seemed larger than life! He owned the stage - and me!

In a way, I miss those innocent days. It was so much simpler then. It is all so different now.

I was one who was very excited when I heard he was doing Spamalot! I thought the humor of that show fit him to a 'T' - bawdy, wacky and a little irreverent! While I never want him to stop singing and recording, I think he could have the most success if he did more Broadway. He was verra, verra good and he seemed to be respected and accepted by the Broadway community in a way he has never been in the "pop" world. And he seemed so at ease and happy. The "pop" world has always been a battle for him. Broadway was just a joy.

I would be traveling barefoot. Like Gandhi.....just not quite as serene or benevolent.

:cryingwlaughter:

I've always been kind of partial to this one.

172428578_MhRHq-L.jpg

Thanks for that picture, kareneh! Last year before our M&G in Canandaigua, I made up gift bags for the girls who were going with us. One of the items was a double picture frame, and I wanted current pictures from the DCAT to put in them. Yours was one of the ones I picked. Love it!

I think the only movement that matched Clay ain Buttercup was the way he strode out to sing Solitaire on AI3.

I thought the "To Love Somebody" entrance was great too (as well as the rest of it). I'm voting BMUB right now but if it came down to BMUB vs TLS, I'm totally with TLS.

CG - interesting comment about Broadway. I do not claim to be an expert on things-Broadway but maybe the afficionados of the theatre are more in to a person's talent and less into their off-stage celebrity. I've heard "if you can do Broadway you can do anything" for so many years and always chalked it up to the hard work and the fact that just about every one on that stage is talented in their own right. The fact that Clay was a success - very quickly, just a couple of shows - really says something for him. I hope that he gets lots of offers and can pick and choose when he wants to go back. Would love to see him create an original character and garner some Tonys! I wonder if he would want to make that kind of time commitment though - wouldn't it at least be a year?

I love that Frisco picture with the patented Aiken grin! He is really, really photogenic. You rarely see a bad picture of him (except from professional photo shoots - hee! I think some of the fans get better shots of him......)

Thanks so much for the welcome! I would love to keep posting here - you all seem like awesome folks, and I look forward to getting to know you!

Happy belated birthday, Muskifest!

CouchTomato, I'm totally addicted to Design Star and The Next Food Network Star! Sounds like the best way to spend the holiday. :)

Also, I put new voting buttons up on the Video Tournament pages at LBFCA. (I promise I'm not here as a tournament-ho - I'm just so excited y'all are playing along and enjoy it!). Sorry about the glitch with the voting buttons. The new buttons are fancier and should work a lot better.

Thanks again for the welcome. I'm excited to join FCA! :)

*goes off to watch MOAM Capitol Fourth for the brazillionth time*

Welcome Danielle, please do keep posting! :F_05BL17blowkiss: As for challenge #7, Oh my oh my oh my--I almost abstained on this one. On the one hand, possibly the greatest hometown moment ever, and on the other, one of the greatest TV performances ever, IMO, and the first time he sang live with an orchestra. Oh boy. Both are fantastic vocal performances under challenging circumstances, and he looks beyond yummy in both. This is hard. I ended up voting against my own home town and going for the measure of the man instead.

:7254: Lizzybutts.... I hope you have a great day!!

I love MoaM but I could choose a dozen of them that I like better than a Capitol Fourth.

There is only one Buttercup and it was one of my favorite Idol moments. I also love that this is one of the songs that my neice and nephew know from school and have sung along with Clay's version.

I love TITN Raleigh... that moment is one of the most special ever.

TITN MAP.. one of those jobs he took that was goign to ruin him hee. It truly was one of his best versions.

I need to go vote on these things. hee..and I want to see them all again.

Not sure if it is the recent losing of the buttons or what, but the number of votes on the LBFCA contest are way off, like it started over again. That can't be right! I went and voted for my faves again, since they seem to have lost everyone.

I voted for TV Themes in the first round, ISY in the second round, LAA in the 3rd round, TITN Video in the 4th, MAP in the 5th (that microphone grab grabbed me... and seeing the women look at him... bet they were thinking, what happened to that scrawny kid that was hanging around, this guy is hot! :cryingwlaughter: 6th was Buttercup and 7th was TITN Raleigh (totally awesome happening!)

I thought the "To Love Somebody" entrance was great too (as well as the rest of it). I'm voting BMUB right now but if it came down to BMUB vs TLS, I'm totally with TLS.

Oooo, yes. TLS is hands-down my favorite performance ever. The entrance, and that final note, where he's just holding it and staring into the camera - it kills me every time.

Not sure if it is the recent losing of the buttons or what, but the number of votes on the LBFCA contest are way off, like it started over again. That can't be right! I went and voted for my faves again, since they seem to have lost everyone.

Once the ding dang website that hosts the original polls I put up comes back, the votes will come back too. I'll add those to the ones coming in on the new polls. :)

Also? :013085001176249046:

I just really wanted to do that.

Oooo, yes. TLS is hands-down my favorite performance ever. The entrance, and that final note, where he's just holding it and staring into the camera - it kills me every time.

my favorite as well...no contest

I didn't even like Solitaire until I heard him sing it live in Greensboro...but it was the performance that knocked my socks off not the song itself.

TLS is my favorite also...I remember that night and actually sitting in front of the TV so I wouldn't miss a thing and I remember my mouth hanging open on the wail of "to love somebody"...my kids thought I was nuts!

Kim