#37: Whenever he's ready, I'm ready for whatever he's ready for.

Thread Title Poll  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the next thread title at FCA?

• The man just oooooooooozes awwwwwness.
    • He is so sexay when he's following his Passion!!!
    • He looks really, really, really good while exuding all that good stuff.
    • One hawt hunk of packin' perfection!
    • He's a man of character and integrity and talent.
    • Kurei Eikun? I LOVE that guy!
    • Sometimes Clay is just the sex, YKWIM??

Hi Kimiye! :hello:

I arrived at the last eHP bash after you had left and was so sorry to have missed seeing you. Next time, though, for sure! I'll never forget Orlando -- we had some good times that weekend, in spite of my freaking toe! Thanks so much for the audios!

:woman:

I've been wondering dum dum dum duuuuuuuummmmmm

Do you think that the people who wanted Clay to be a rock star have found one now after this season of idol? I am just wondering because of the way that things quieted down suddenly, it has been a little odd.

Yea, sadly I do, playbiller. It seems almost like a huge shift in energy. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I guess I just don't get it. The whole "Cookie" thing. He leaves me cold. Kinda bleh! I suppose I'm just monogamous when it comes to Clay Aiken. :DoClay:

eh, they'll be back!! Resistance is futile ;)

I've been wondering dum dum dum duuuuuuuummmmmm

Do you think that the people who wanted Clay to be a rock star have found one now after this season of idol? I am just wondering because of the way that things quieted down suddenly, it has been a little odd.

I dunno. I don't think there's that much carry-over. I liked Cook during AI, and I read his thread at TwoP. Most of the fans there seem to be people who have never followed someone from Idol before. At CH, there are only a few posting in his thread. I think there were more people from CH (the only board I really followed back then) interested in Constantine and Bo in season 4. At that time there were people starting boards and dozens of people joining them. The Bo board, which I joined, eventually died off, or close to it. Even last year it seems like there were more people talking about going to the tour and being all excited about it.

I just can't get that involved again for anyone--no one else can capture and hold my interest like Clay. I can't get through a whole current tour video. Too much screaming. Funny, for Clay, that's easily ignored. So I like Cook and wish him success, but I don't think he's stealing Clay's fans.

I think it's just that there's nothing going on, and the boards either start imploding or get quiet when there's nothing going on. JMO.

I can remember times in the past when the CH would have maybe 2 pages a day, for days and days and days at at time, during the long droughts.

Yea, sadly I do, playbiller. It seems almost like a huge shift in energy. I've been thinking about that a lot lately. I guess I just don't get it. The whole "Cookie" thing. He leaves me cold. Kinda bleh! I suppose I'm just monogamous when it comes to Clay Aiken. :DoClay:

I don't get it either. I have watched AI every year and there has yet to be anyone on the show that would take my interest away from Clay and yet each year some fans leave. This year seems to have the most popular guy since AI2. I don't get it. David Cook is fine, he has an ok voice and I am sure he is a nice young man but he does nothing for me. I don't seem to be able to REALLY like more then one person at a time and for me it is still Clay. Maybe the difference is that my interest isn't just in Clay the singer or entertainer it is in Clay Aiken the person. If my interest had only been in the singer perhaps it would have faded by now, I don't know but I haven't come across anyone that measures up to the total package of Clay. :hubbahubba:

I have to laugh at "the silence" though. How long has it beensince we heard from him? not long at all considering most performers. It just seems like some people want answers about very personal stuff and that causes themto think about it as a silence or not blogging issue.

baby mess? I don't think I would use that word to describe this. Fucking papparazzi mess maybe. Idiotic nosy scandal paper mess maybe. Babies only mess diapers. How about amazing invasion of privacy mess. I think that last says it best for me. I don't like to talk about it because the depth of the invasion of privacy really really bothers me and the fact it does not offend others in the same way kind of bothers me as well, but hey, that is why we are all different. It took a long time to figure it out, but that is why I avoid conversations about the latest "news items', excepting Somalia which I will discuss in deapth if asked.

Good Lord, you guys are chatty! Happy Birthday, lizzybutts! Another Cancer Crab, yeay!

Softball report before I fall asleep. Lost the first game, won the second one with lots of hits and runs and great defensive plays! We looked like a real softball team! So we play in the semi finals tomorrow morning. If we lose, it's over and we go home. If we win, we're in the championship...

What's this about no alcohol with the eHP? :huh:... I'm confuzzled. What about those funky colored thingies in the funky shaped glasses with the funky paper umbrellas in them? Didn't they have alcohol in them? :blink:

Totally, I see you down there. :F_05BL17blowkiss: Happy Belated Birthday to YOU, buddy.... :thbighug-1:

I can't worry about where Clay's fans are. Hopefully they are out living their lives. If they are pissed about Clay living his, what are you gonna do. David is a talented guy. I didn't even watch the show and I know that. But you can be fans of more than one person. I'm tired of the comparisons with every idol that comes down the pike and am determined not to go down that road every year. Clay gets enough flack. Don't need a new idol fan group joining in. After 2006 I just don't think people are dependent on the boards when Clay is not around. For the most part they are just plain draining during those times. Can't speak to how the IIU is affecting people because I honestly haven't gone out to check.

ETA: I also think people are socked away on smaller boards and private boards. People disappointed in album sales don't want to sit around and worry with a group. Like JMH, I will wait to see what happens when CLay is visible or when the IIU is proven true or false. I know there are people angry that he won't blog but I have to say I totally and completely understand.

Thanks everyone for the pictures.... I saw a new snowflake one that I don't think I saw before. He IS photogenic... amazingly so and just an interesting person to stare at.

If there is no concert this year I'm going to relive 2006 Xmas tour because that's the one I missed going to and I haven't really seen much of the clack from that one. Just can't bring myself to do it during the middle of July.

I don't think it's the baby thing either. It's just a convenient place to lay the blame. I see no difference in board traffic between now and 05, for instance. I have an "I survived the drought of 05 teeshirt," and that was 3 years ago!! And in 05 the crap was 12 feet deep!! The number of people who were on line for the first Spam cellcert, which was only board reports and phone conversations, was larger than the usual opening night concert online crowds. I had the numbers but my computer froze up and I lost them. To me, that's a better indication of interest than the number of fans online when there's nothing going on.

I do think the endless worry and stressing out, the conspiracy theories, the fake Clay followers, and all that stuff has caused some attrition on many of the larger fan boards. 'Whatever happened to all the fans?' is a way too frequent topic, which is so not interesting to the new fan, and in fact drives people away, new and old, IMO. New fans want to see pretty pictures and watch videos and learn about Clay. They don't want to hear how the good old days were so much better or how Clive is out to get Clay or what could've been. So I don't expect the old, big boards to be able to attract a whole lot of new fans to themselves, but that's an entirely different issue. When Clay launches his next new thing, he will continue to attract new fans, and hopefully they will create some new, shiny, happy places to celebrate their fandom.

Play, I'm with you on the invasion of privacy issues.

Gibby, Iseeme, annabear, liney,Oh wow! [tm: cute knight] This is such a delayed reaction but I was lost in there for quite a bit. What beautiful pictures you have! And what a big... smile he has!!! :cryingwlaughter:

Thank you so much for all that scrumptiousness!!! :F_05BL17blowkiss:

I can just "Save Page" and get them all.

As long as I'm here, just in time for the anniversary--

Houston 070607 Audio

<snip>

All this, as well as Tulsa, Fort Myers, Tampa, half of West Palm Beach (I'm crying over the loss of set 1, since set 2 is wonderful) and Orlando is either up at the CH and CU, or will be within the next couple of days, if sendspace is a pain.

I'm still working on Orlando, but oh, boy, it is good audio. *Waves at all my Texas and Florida concert buddies!*

*waves right back* If it's not up right away, I hope you don't mind my hosting the files.

I have to laugh at "the silence" though. How long has it beensince we heard from him? not long at all considering most performers. It just seems like some people want answers about very personal stuff and that causes themto think about it as a silence or not blogging issue.

baby mess? I don't think I would use that word to describe this. Fucking papparazzi mess maybe. Idiotic nosy scandal paper mess maybe. Babies only mess diapers. How about amazing invasion of privacy mess. I think that last says it best for me. I don't like to talk about it because the depth of the invasion of privacy really really bothers me and the fact it does not offend others in the same way kind of bothers me as well, but hey, that is why we are all different. It took a long time to figure it out, but that is why I avoid conversations about the latest "news items', excepting Somalia which I will discuss in deapth if asked.

To me, silence is better than whining.

A couple years ago a sat next to a DuranDuran fan at their Astronaut "comeback" concert and she said that she had waited 15 years for that moment. I hope we don't have to wait more than a few months.

I only saw a couple of YouTubes that KAndre showed me of David Cook. Unfortunately one of them was MOTN which, while better than the others on "Broadway" night, was too far from my standard of how well that song can be sung. On this post I linked both David Cook's YouTube and two other versions of the song. His just doesn't compare.

ETA: In case kimiye's sendspace links run out, the Tulsa and Houston zip files are here.

Posthoing to say..Scarlett you have a point. I used to be one that worried when things slowed down or there were only a page or two of posts but I've come to see that as not a bad thing at all. I like the natural flow of convo here and when a day or two go by that we are less talkative I don't really worry about it or feell the need to fill the void with any old thing. When I don't see someone around for a few days to a week..I'll usually PM to ask if they are alright...more often than not, people just need a break.

What time is this CNN Thing happening tomorrow.

CNN at 8 pm and 11 pm,
couchie

Here's a little fun in the form of a poll, from CH:
Lightening the mood a bit since the board is so slow. Here is a
shallow
poll -
It was easy to narrow it down to 4 of the 12. After that, really, really hard.

My pick was quick and easy, and to my surprise, it is the popular vote! I tend to go for what looks natural and comfortable. And I've always loved those glasses on him.

ETA: Interesting ... this was on 60 Minutes in Oz a couple of weeks ago:

"
Here's a trivia question for you. What's the biggest selling album ever in America? No, it's not the Beatles, the Stones or Michael Jackson - give up? It's the Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-75; and it's still selling strongly
."

kf, the David Foster gala is some of my favourite clack ever. And one of those moments that I will forever be kicking myself for not attending.

Had a nice evening out last night, celebrating my son's girlfriend's 18th birthday. Today I have the day to myself! Wheeeeee, doesn't happen very often. Guess I'll get my butt in gear and finish off my recommendations for Sterling Heights for goldarngirl. Then fun in the sun the rest of the day!

Where are all the Clay fans? I'm in the camp that thinks they are just out living their lives, or exploring other interests. Just wait until the next big thing. The boards will be teaming again. Of course, a bunch will state it's the worst idea ever and they will not attend.....until they watch the clack or hear the cellcert or read the reports, then they will be right in there buying tickets. Heh. Happens every.single.time. :whistling-1:

Good Morning Everyone,

Clay on TV tonight!

I think I need to start taking a nap in the early afternoon so I can stay up later, seems I miss so much when I head to bed early.

Bookwhore, I remember that well...of course you don't look like a hooker, but then again, wearing shorts and a T-shirt and standing outside the motel smoking a ciggie, well, I can see where one might get the idea, LOL! Funniest thing ever...those were good times, hope we have many more of them.

No concerns about the traffic on the boards, I just think it is a natural ebb and flow; just wait until tonight...I think you will be seeing Clay fans coming out of the woodwork.

Lots of running around to do today...everyone have a good one!

Kim

See, jmh - you ain't shallow enough.

30 seconds - top four:

D, I, F & G - in that order. Would do him. Wouldn't even get out my caliper.

My 4 grew to 6 overnight. I'd have more of a problem if the blonde look pictures were different ones.

A, D, E, H, I, K, M

K is winning at the moment. I'm cool with that.

Wimbledon finals today. YAY. Rain delay. Boo. But they're removing the tarp. YAY.

Keepingfaith, I love the way he looked that weekend. And the Unchained Melody he did is among my top performances of that song.

My 4 grew to 6 overnight.

Well, you don't have to brag about it! :lmaosmiley-1:

Kim

Loved the David Foster Gala. I think I made a dvd, I'll have to dig it out. His look reminded me so much of Bobby Darin but he seemed a little vulnerable. He is the man of a thousand faces. I really don't understand why he is not in the movies. He would be a fantastic character actor, which I think is so much more fascinating than a leading man.

I forgot which picture I voted for last night. I'm pretty sure whatever it was I was in the minority. It may have been the Somalia picture which I set up as my desktop. Humanitarian Clay interests me as much as actor/singer Clay. :shrug:

BWAH! aikim. :cryingwlaughter:

ETA: Interesting ... this was on 60 Minutes in Oz a couple of weeks ago:

"
Here's a trivia question for you. What's the biggest selling album ever in America? No, it's not the Beatles, the Stones or Michael Jackson - give up? It's the Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-75; and it's still selling strongly
."

I love the Eagles. Used to sing along with them on many a road trip. About that best selling album, from the May 29 Rolling Stone:

"The Eagles thrashed around some in search of identity, so it wasn't all perfection all the time in their recorded work. But their first four albums (Eagles, Desperado, On the Border, One of These Nights) included two or three miracles tracks apiece that told precisely worded short stories with precisely harmonized hooks--it was as if the Everly Brothers had gone back to school for their Ph.D. When the Eagles took a bit longer recording their fifth album than quarterly profit reports demanded, Elektra/Asylum Records released Eagles: Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975 in February 1976 with all the miracle tracks. It sold 29 million copies in the US and more than 40 million worldwide.

Something else from that article. From Henley: "When you hear a song on the radio, the singer doesn't get a performance royalty unless the singer also wrote it or owns the publishing." So the only way Clay would make any money directly from radio would be if LAA were played. I wonder if the singer gets any royalties from those plays in stores like Home Depot or the grocery store.